A customer who purchased my Mixed Media Torn Strips 2 asked for suggestions as to the best way to recolor the book paper areas of the strips. Recoloring can be a bit tricky if an element has multiple colors. In this case, the book paper strips have white gesso on them; but after a little experimentation, I’ve come up with two methods that will work. There are lots of ways to do everything in Photoshop, so sometimes you just have to play to get the look you’re going for. Either of these two methods should work well for just about anything you have to recolor – although you’ll see in the video which method I prefer. I demonstrate in both Photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements 2018.
What’s your favorite recoloring method?
Here’s how you can connect with Vicki
- Read about Vicki Robinson in her Designer Spotlight
- Shop Vicki’s designs here at Oscraps and get inspired here in her Oscraps gallery
- You can find her Facebook Design page here and her Art Journaling Community here
- Check out her blog here and subscribe to her newsletter here
- You can find her on Instagram here