Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 10-11-2020, 05:16 PM
Outta This World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerywings View Post
Betty Jo, thank you sooo much for reviving this thread.
I am looking up Dr. McDougall right now, I have his website right here : https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/e...ugall-program/

My husband was recently diagnosed with Chrohn's Disease (on top of Lyme and Type 1 Diabetes- yippee ) and that all makes food/menu planning more complicated. He didn't show any gluten intolerance but feels much better when he is gluten-free. I think that this might be helpful to him!

Oh my, Chris, I do hope your husband finds the help he needs to cope with all of this. Dr McDougall's forum is here and very informative: https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/

On the forum be sure to check out Jeff Novicks section, as it's full of helpful information.

I don't have a gluten intolerance either, but feel much better without it. So, I pretty much avoid it. I cook with other gluten-free grains, flours, etc. I occasionally have something made with wheat, like a hamburger bun with veggie burgers when I have visitors, but it's rare. I do use partial wheat flour in my banana and zucchini bread I make for my son and family, as they have no problems with it. I eat a small amount and never bring any of it back home with me.

My sister has also been diagnosed with Chrohn's Disease. She went plant based for a while and did much better. But, she couldn't stick with it, went back to her old way of eating, and drinking, and now suffers with the disease and also may now have cancer.

As Dr McDougall says, "It's the food." I think he's on to something.

my O'gallery