Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 09-28-2020, 06:29 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Monday, September 28

Here we are at the last week in September. It feels pretty crazy that this year is semi-over. We joked about it being a Quarantine Summer, then it morphed into how 2020 is the year from Hell, and now I am wondering what we will say when 2021 is just a continuation of the chaos.

I was feeling pretty good yesterday. I was getting around better than I had in a while. When the sun came out, it looked really nice outside and I decided that I would collect some of the morning glory seeds. No major cleanup, just collect the seeds and cut down the dead vines. All was going well until I snagged my foot in one of the vines, lost my balance, and re-pulled my muscle. Yay me. I somehow got myself back inside, got some Alleve, an icepack, and popped myself into bed.

Now I have been doing the "Dr. Google" thing and I don't know what to think. Gary wanted to take me to the ER yesterday and I can not imagine that they can do a darn thing medically- it is just a muscle strain. I have leftover pain meds from my surgery but I would rather not take anything like that unless I had to. So other than rest, ice/heat today...

It doesn't hurt sitting at my desk which makes my plan for today to do some scrapping. (Sadly, sitting at my desk for hours is *not* good for my butt, both in making it fall asleep and its spread! hahahah!!!!!)
I have my food order just about ready to go. Putting down the contact paper in the garbage cabinet is going to have to wait.

Gratitudes:
-it isn't cold which makes ice packs unbearable to me
-it isn't hot so heat won't be a problem either.
-I have photos to scrap

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 09-28-2020, 06:50 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Cheryl- I had a feeling that my ramblings wouldn't scare you off! I mean that in a very good way. You are chatty like me.
I am always so happy to hear how your family has dinner and conversations often. Samehere and it cracks me up and amazes me when the kids explain theirpolitical views to my parents. My dad once asked Scott about medical marijuana and decriminalization and I about fell on the floor. I grew up in the Just Say No Era.
We have a similar dynamic but smaller- my nephew just turned 9 and has a completely different relationship with my parents. Part of it is that my mom came up every week when my kids were babies. I was on bedrest with Cait and she came up 3 days/week to help me with Scott who had just turned 2. They had sleepovers *all* of the time starting from when they were 6 months old. Christopher has never slept over at their house. My kids adore him too but it isn't the same as their other cousins who are a few years younger than they are But they each make an effort to chill with him. He loves Caitlyn's rats and will happily spend any time at my house upstairs with them.
BTW- ava reminds my of my goddaughter- beautiful!

Jean- the nature preserve must have been a wonderful time, I bet it feels almost like "normal" to be there. Who names all of these birds? Someone with an odd sense of humor, perhaps?
I forgot that you made the crocheted pumpkins last year too! I LOVE how we are all so connected. I was thinking that it is time to make some Nutty Apple bread soon now that it is cooler.
Hope that football and popcorn was fun!

Nancy- BIG hugs to you!!! I know *exactly* how you feel. I was trying to think of the right words in my head the other day. Depressed is too strong. But "off." A low-level sense of dread and unease. Feeling stuck.
I really hope that you are feeling more like yourself soon. I am happy that you are enjoying sports and time with Luther. How is DH doing with classes, is he settled in?

Sending an extra round of hugs and love to everyone. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo x10000000000

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 09-28-2020, 08:15 AM

Obviously Obsessed!

Sorry I have been missing lately. Decided yesterday that I was going to do a clean-up of my computer. I copied some files onto several DVDs... mainly designers that are gone/quit... but then started having problems with it writing to the DVDs. Long story short - after ruining 3 DVDs - I realized there was a major problem with the DVD software now!!! I do have all of them backed-up onto an ExHD but I like having the DVDs also. So then I went to the files that had already been backed up to DVDs and began deleting a bunch of them. My goal was to get the files below 1TB so I could move them onto a new computer.... once the stores have them back in stock. During our family chat in the afternoon, DSon#1 also mentioned that his laptop was also having similar problems to what I was having. Did a search on the net this morning and apparently the latest Windows10 updates are causing a lot of problems. Going to tough it out for the next couple of weeks [until after DSD and the start of the new month] then take it in to let the Geek Squad straighten it out (hopefully). I will be able to get on-line with the laptop but won't have any scrapping software/files so no scrapping while MY computer is being worked on. Since I have paid for the GS yearly service, I will let them fix it.

Oh, no... Chris!!! So sorry for the latest injury. Your poor bod has really taken a beating lately. Please let the yardwork go for awhile and rest up. I hear you about not going to the ER as they would tell you to do what you are doing now... rest, ice, and OTC pain meds. I am back to having a compression wrap on the foot and wearing the boot again. The stress fracture on the foot last year has been giving me fits the past month. Not sure what caused it to flare up so badly again.

Nancy, glad to see you pop in even if it is just to Hi.

Cheryl, great photos... thanks for sharing them. I can understand why you need ATVs to get around on the property. It is so pretty but can see that it would be hard to get around with lots of rough places and very little roads.

Trudy, hope the smoke has finally abated in your area. We are still getting some but not as bad as it has been. Hope the school things settle down for the gkids.

Jean, glad you were able to visit the nature preserve. Glad they had benches so you could rest as needed while you were there.

Time to get dressed and figure out what I must do for today. Hope this is a better week for all of us.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:29 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning ladies... I too have been absent a lot lately, feeling much the same as Chris and Nancy, not depressed just in a funky kind of mood. COVID Funk I guess . We blame everything else on COVID so why not our mood too. Anyway, it is the last week of September already and I have lots of catching up to do here at the O. I spent the weekend keeping busy with my Gary as per our usual yard work, house work, running errands and bottling some wine. We went to a social distance birthday party across the street for our neighbour's 9 year old. It was lots of fun and nice to have some conversations with adults and children. The birthday boy is really into collecting coins, so we got him a set of 2020 coins at the Post Office, he was thrilled!! He asked for a safe for his birthday and got a really good one from his grandparents, now he has something to keep all his valuable coins in too funny!! what an unusual request for a birthday gift!! Today I need to clean bathrooms as that is the only thing I did not get done over the weekend. I also got the painting that I made for my DIL's birthday all wrapped up and ready to mail. I will post a photo at the end of this post.

Chris - OMG Chris, quit hurting yourself woman!! You sound like you are as much of a klutz as I am . I truly hope that you are ok and that you do not need to go to the doctor!! I bet it did feel good to be outside and working in the yard though! Sending you lots of healing vibes my faery friend As I work on my calendar pages I keep thinking that the new year will just be a continuation of this one that's enough to depress anyone!! The Universe is not happy with us at all!! Trying to keep the faith that this will end soon and that we will have a safe and effective vaccine in the near future!

Jean - Your outing sounds like it was so nice! I was thinking of you yesterday when DH and I were sitting on our deck and could hear a very loud bird. It was on the neighbours roof and turns out it was a Red -Shafted Northern Flicker, he sat there for quite some time and made lots of noise . Isn't it funny the names that people have come up with for some of these birds! Hope you get to enjoy more football and popcorn

Nancy - Nice to see that you got here the other day! Yup I am feeling the same way and some of the joy has left me! Guess I am just missing my kids and grands and need some hugs, seems like a long time since I have had a good hug from anyone other than my DH . I hope you are enjoying the hockey, even that is not the same for us as our Bruins are not playing. Glad that you have found some new music to enjoy though!! Also happy to hear that your boys are doing well! Luther will be happy with this cooler weather and soon you will have to bundle up nice and warm for your walks with him!

Cheryl - Its getting cooler here too, however a return to summer temps for us in the next few days, so looking forward to that for my hike this week! Love the photo that you shared, so nice to be able to be with your family! I am jealous!!

Kay - We were nice a clear of smoke for the past week, but today looks like it might be back There is a smokey haze over the mountains this morning and then fog down lower, so the sun is having a hard time peaking through all of that. Sure hope it doesn't last very long! Wow that windows update is sure wreaking havoc with lots of people, too bad you can't just get rid of the update and go back to where you were. Hope the geeks can get it all fixed up for you!

Time for my second cup of coffee and then I will get to work on my next calendar page. Short on photo options for this year, so the pickings are kinda slim. Hoping that Heather and Jason will get some good ones of everyone all together at Thanks-giving as Jason and family are driving to Heather's to spend the holiday together. Wishing we could join them, but sadly travel is just not an option yet I hate COVID!! Hope that you all have a nice Monday!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 09-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Opps forgot to post the photo . Here is one of the card that I made for the Birthday boy too. I had so much fun colouring this dragon!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-0825.jpg (115.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-0824.jpg (72.9 KB, 11 views)

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 09-28-2020, 05:41 PM

Official Occupant

Oh Chris, you cracked me up again. NO WAY you could ever scare me off.

Talking about your kids and parents - sounds like the kinds of things we all discuss. I can't imagine talking about these things with my parents, let alone my grandparents. Yikes. The kids were asking Chuck all kinds of questions last night - he is from the 60's "Detroit era". Like - he was staying in downtown Detroit when the riots were going on. He and his buddy got in their car and drove around and took pictures. (That was before my time, but what I wouldn't give to have those photographs right now!). He also had dinner with Jimmy Hoffa (next table over) at The Machus Red Fox Restaurant in Detroit the last night that he was ever seen. He was also a personal friend of John DeLorean. He really should write a book. The kids love hearing all of his stories.

I can't believe you injured yourself again! You're just an accident waiting to happen, aren't you? You're right - there's not a darned thing they could do for a pulled muscle except send you a real hefty bill.

Speaking of Gary, you need to show him this photograph I'm attaching. The kids know how much I love skeletons so Ava took this picture a couple of years ago and sent it to me. I loved it so much that I made a layout (of course I did).

Kay, my darling, you are SO dedicated to figuring this computer thing out. Is anything working for you? You could always throw it out of the window, but then you'd have to buy a new one and that can be a tad pricey. I wish I was close enough to try to help you.

Yes, it's very rough around here. We have some roads but they're very "primitive" and even in our SUV, we fall in some major holes. Daisy and I walked farther than we ever have today - the main road up to our houses is straight up and you can really "feel the burn" as you're walking up. We made it farther today than we ever had and were so proud of ourselves. We made it clear up to the main gate. I took a picture, looking down, and it was a real accomplishment.

Trudy, the weather here has been magnificent today! Coming from SWF where it's still in the 90's (feels like 120) I was in Heaven when I went for my walk this morning. I had so much energy - I know that's why I made it so far today.

I'll try to add pictures so that you can all see the perspective.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1297_Original.jpg (130.4 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-28-2020, 05:52 PM

Official Occupant

Well, my pictures exceeded the file size. The first one is looking up toward the gate and the second one is after we walked up to the gate and I took a picture looking down.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg looking-up-at-the-gate.jpg (161.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7990.JPG (154.4 KB, 6 views)