Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Entertainment Zone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Entertainment Zone Welcome to all things entertainment related... Come chat about what your currently reading, binging, listening to, etc...

Old 07-22-2019, 08:04 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

So happy that there are more books to come!! Love reading these saga type novels!!!
Old 07-23-2019, 05:42 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Vicki- I read Time's Convert a few months ago and liked it a lot! I am so glad that you are enjoying the series. Helen H and Lisa H are the ones who got me into this series when they were Cheery Os here. They always had good book recs.

Ona-in Outlander- Jamie is the only one who "matched" in my head. But the more I watch, the easier it is to see them as I did when I read them. Lord John was a tough one to accept at first but now I cannot remember why I felt that way

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 07-30-2019, 02:47 AM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerywings View Post
Vicki- I read Time's Convert a few months ago and liked it a lot! I am so glad that you are enjoying the series. Helen H and Lisa H are the ones who got me into this series when they were Cheery Os here. They always had good book recs.

Ona-in Outlander- Jamie is the only one who "matched" in my head. But the more I watch, the easier it is to see them as I did when I read them. Lord John was a tough one to accept at first but now I cannot remember why I felt that way
yep, Jamie matched but I couldn't come to grips with Claire and haven't watched anymore after Season 1. lol!
Old 07-30-2019, 02:48 AM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

So I just finished the first book of the A Discovery of Witches and I now I have to WAIT before I can read the next one!!! lol!!! It's on hold but there are 10 people in front of me!!! read very fast people!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Old 07-30-2019, 05:29 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

That is great! Sorry that you have to wait-- get reading, Other People on the Wait List!
I think that is a huge reason that I felt guilty when I had an overdue book. It has only happened once and I was thinking about the people who were waiting for the book after me.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 07-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

I read the books a couple of years ago and loved the series. I had no idea they'd made a TV series until I found it on the entertainment system on our flight home from Europe!! I managed to watch all the episodes by the time we landed! Good thing too as I haven't seen them listed here at home yet.
I wasn't too sure about Mathew Goode in the role of Mathew Clairmont even though I like him as an actor, but liked him better by the end of the season. I'm still not happy with Marcus though

Old 07-30-2019, 05:38 PM

Official Occupant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat146 View Post
So I just finished the first book of the A Discovery of Witches and I now I have to WAIT before I can read the next one!!! lol!!! It's on hold but there are 10 people in front of me!!! read very fast people!!!!!!!!!!! lol!
This is what frustrates me so much when I'm reading series! I binge-read books like other people binge-watch TV shows. Having to wait months or even years for the next book in a series does not make for a happy reader!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:40 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerywings View Post
That is great! Sorry that you have to wait-- get reading, Other People on the Wait List!
I think that is a huge reason that I felt guilty when I had an overdue book. It has only happened once and I was thinking about the people who were waiting for the book after me.
That was me on the weekend Chris! The book was due back last Monday and on the Friday before I tried to extend my loan by a week but it was a no go as it was on hold for someone else so I had to read very very fast over the weekend to finish it! lol! I was considering going a day or so over but I felt bad, knowing someone else was waiting on it, like I had been! I have tried all my second-hand online shops to actually buy the series but they were still quite expensive, and now that I have to watch my pennies after my retirement I guess I will need to stick to the library!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:43 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZK View Post
This is what frustrates me so much when I'm reading series! I binge-read books like other people binge-watch TV shows. Having to wait months or even years for the next book in a series does not make for a happy reader!
I am another binge reader here Angie, love me a loooooong series of books! and yes, having to wait years is such a pain! patiently waiting for the last book of Outlander and of course, who knows about Game of Thrones......... will there ever be a last book??? Both of those book series I have purchased and have re-read them a lot over the years, those are two books I will definitely buy when they come out!
Old 07-30-2019, 08:47 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Jane, I have still yet to see that series downunder, but I am not holding my breath! lol! I really like Mathew Goode as an actor, loved him in both Downton Abbey and The Good Wife. As I said to Chris in another post, the book I read had him and the leading actress on the front cover so I have imagined them throughout the book, so hopefully it will be okay when I do get to see the series.