Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 05-27-2017, 03:38 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Keto Friendly Mocha

The secret is in using the Aeropress coffee maker (about $30): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047BIWSK...a-315571604316

Dave has a container to hold the chocolate mix so he doesn't have to measure out both every time:
1 part unsweetened cocoa to
2 parts sugar substitute that measures the same as sugar

Measure a rounded half TABLESPOON (not teaspoon) into a mug.

He prepares the coffee with the following proportions:
1 Aeroscoop of fine ground espresso coffee
2/3 C. hot water

Stir up the water and coffee, then plunge directly into the mug over the cocoa mixture.

Add a half Cup of 1/2 'n' half (or heavy cream which is fewer carbs, or 2% milk, which is more carbs)

Microwave for 1 minute.

I don't know how you would add foam, but of course, you could dispense whipped cream on top if you have a whipped cream dispenser.

The hardest part of this routine is finding a HALF TABLESPOON measuring spoon!
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 05-27-2017, 04:00 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Has anyone tried, or heard testimony from others about Carbquik? It's supposed to be a Keto -friendly product much like Bisquik, but I'm not sold. It has:

"16 total carbs but the dietary fiber is 14 so if you are a carb counter you know you subtract the fiber from the total carbs and you come up with 2 carbs"

It contains: It has Carbalose flour. Its a enzyme enriched wheat flour. Soy fiber. Canola oil. Buttermilk powder baking powder egg white powder

Wheat, soy, and canola are red flags to me.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-27-2017, 08:39 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

OMG! I've just been reading about the Zero Carb subculture! Sheesh. I pray the Keto Way of Life will be effective for me, because the thought of eating tiny bits of meat and tons of animal fat (not cream!) does NOT sound appetizing. Putting this idea out of my head unless I'm still fat a year from now!
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-28-2017, 11:02 AM

Official Occupant

This product has been around a LONG time. I'm going to be honest with you, to me it tasted awful. AWFUL. I tried it again after I'd been living low carb for about a year, thinking maybe my taste buds had adjusted, but I had wasted my money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
Has anyone tried, or heard testimony from others about Carbquik? It's supposed to be a Keto -friendly product much like Bisquik, but I'm not sold. It has:

"16 total carbs but the dietary fiber is 14 so if you are a carb counter you know you subtract the fiber from the total carbs and you come up with 2 carbs"

It contains: It has Carbalose flour. Its a enzyme enriched wheat flour. Soy fiber. Canola oil. Buttermilk powder baking powder egg white powder

Wheat, soy, and canola are red flags to me.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Thanks Vicki. As with most things in life, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-29-2017, 06:01 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

That mocha sounds amazing!

I actually forgot to each lunch today because I wasn't hungry. I was feeling a bit weak though, so I think I"m still not fully keto adapted. Which, it's only been 1.5 weeks so that's to be expected.

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 05-29-2017, 08:54 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

My Silpats came today. Perfect timing to try Fathead pizza crust with the objective of using it for a bread replacement. I may have over baked it. It wasn't that great. We loved it as pizza crust. But it did just slip off the Silpat. I already love them.

I love nearly-raw ahi tuna, but DH prefers it cooked more. So I ended up cooking both of them too much. But mine was about medium and DH liked mine much better than his, which was cooked about a minute longer.

Found another bread recipe to try. Much more work...involving separating eggs and whipping the whites...folding in the other mixed ingredients. I'll let you know how it turns out, and if good, will post the recipe.

Do you remember my Key Lime cheesecake from last week? Well yesterday I made the same recipe, but used sugar-free strawberry Jell-O, and folded in a few sliced strawberries. A little whipped cream on top, and ooo-la-la!

My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook

Last edited by SharLamb; 05-29-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Official Occupant

Shar, I would try baking the dough on the mat until it's firm, but then flipping it directly onto a cookie sheet, so the other underside gets to crisp up a bit. Then, after a couple of minutes, add your sauce and toppings.

By the way, I made fathead pizza on my gas grill. I rolled the dough out quite thinly on parchment paper and, with my husband's help, flipped it onto the grill. It takes barely a minute or two on each side - crisps like a cracker - then I put it on a cookie sheet, added my toppings and broiled it until the cheese melted.

I've come to the conclusion that there is no way to replicate pizza - so I aim for "pizza-ish". It's like when I realized the part of spaghetti I love the most is actually the thick meat sauce. So, that's what spaghetti night is in my house now!
Old 05-29-2017, 09:11 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Thanks Vicki! Will give it a try. We actually loved the pizza recipe...just not the crust alone as a bread substitute. But I'm going to give your rolls a shot.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Off The Hook

Something different I'm doing this week is eating a bit of leftover dinner for breakfast. It seems so weird . I am taking antibiotics which requires me to eat in the morning which I don't normally do and I'm not really interested in having eggs. So I am saving a bit of meat/veggie from dinner and having that each morning. I kind of like it

Shar - as for the packaged flour, while some may eat it, I wouldn't touch it. I would not eat anything with wheat and try to avoid soy, buttermilk or canola oil. I prefer things made from scratch with nut or coconut flours or flax meal.