Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 07-07-2017, 01:31 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

That dinner sounds tasty, Rae!

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 07-11-2017, 11:25 AM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Getting so a 2-egg omelette is too much food. I made one this morning with just one mushroom and a tiny slice of sweet onion sauteed, two eggs, and a sliver of avocado, topped with a dollop of sour cream. Ended up tossing about 1/3 of it! One-egg omelette next?

Have been making my own mayo for a couple weeks. At first I did it in the blender, with the S L O W drizzle of oil. My arm gets so tired doing that. So I was thrilled to find a recipe I can do in seconds with my stick (immersion) blender. You just dump all the oil in at once, and seriously, in a few seconds you have mayo!

Off to Costco to pick out new glasses (frames). When DH was working, I got a new pair of glasses FREE every year (he was an optometrist with Group Health--now Kaiser). Boy have times changes. Benefits have been cut back, and no freebies since he retired. I haven't even had my eyes check in 7 years...used to have it done every year!

HAGD!
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 07-11-2017, 09:05 PM
Elaina/aka Nightshadow
Occasionally logs off

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
Thx Elaina. I tweak too!
Is there another way to cook?
Old 07-12-2017, 07:54 PM
Off The Hook

Dinner tonight? What are you having? I'm having a burger topped with homemade coleslaw and pickles with a side salad with vinaigrette...easy peasy.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Fresh, wild-caught king salmon, barbecued to perfection (just a tad bit rare...so still juicy and tender), with a mixed greens salad with homemade dressing. Enough left over for me to have salmon for breakfast tomorrow before playing 18 holes of golf.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 07-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Off The Hook

Oh yum....Sharron...I love salmon.
Old 07-13-2017, 06:22 PM

I used the spiralizer for the first time tonight! It was so easy, yet I managed to cut myself! How? Well, I didn't realize the cover on one end was actually the "holder" lol so I spun the zucchini by hand instead of using the tool - DUH! Cooked it up in a little ghee, garlic, red pepper flake and Parmesan cheese - DELISH!!!

Old 07-13-2017, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
Getting so a 2-egg omelette is too much food. I made one this morning with just one mushroom and a tiny slice of sweet onion sauteed, two eggs, and a sliver of avocado, topped with a dollop of sour cream. Ended up tossing about 1/3 of it! One-egg omelette next?

Have been making my own mayo for a couple weeks. At first I did it in the blender, with the S L O W drizzle of oil. My arm gets so tired doing that. So I was thrilled to find a recipe I can do in seconds with my stick (immersion) blender. You just dump all the oil in at once, and seriously, in a few seconds you have mayo!

Off to Costco to pick out new glasses (frames). When DH was working, I got a new pair of glasses FREE every year (he was an optometrist with Group Health--now Kaiser). Boy have times changes. Benefits have been cut back, and no freebies since he retired. I haven't even had my eyes check in 7 years...used to have it done every year!

HAGD!

I need to get some new glasses. I think I'll check into that tomorrow. Well, maybe next week as I have 1 year follow up appointments tomorrow with breast surgeon and oncologist.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Sorry you cut yourself, but the end product sounds yummy. Good thoughts on your appointments.

We ha awesome taco salad for dinner o night--grass-fed beef.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 07-15-2017, 09:51 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Here's what I posted at "Peace Love and Low Carb Friends" Facebook. Turned out to not be any peace or love. I got SLAMMED:

If you are considering taking probiotic tablets, I hope you will do more research than I did. I listened to one of the Low Carb, book-writing doctors, that PBS sponsors. He highly recommended using probiotics so the gut gets healthy. Since there were no caveats, and it was an OTC pill, I just started taking them. There was no warning about side-effects on the packaging. It said to take 1 to 2 tablets, once or twice a day. We (DH and I) decided to start out conservatively with one tablet once a day. I didn't know it, but DH quit after one dose because he got a bad stomach ache, and attributed it to the probiotic. Wish he'd told me. The misery didn't start for me until about day 5. Then I got horrible cramps, and couldn't be farther than 20 feet from a bathroom for 2 days. At first I thought I was going to die, then was afraid I wouldn't!

I was talking to my daughter-in-law, who is a physician, and she agreed with my suspicion that it was the probiotics. She said you should start with a half dose every other day! That it takes a month to adjust! She used to take them, but when she ran out, failed to get more, and says she doesn't want to go through the pain of the adjustment period again. Wish I'd run this past her BEFORE I started taking them!

Guess where the rest of the jar is!

Back to the Ozone thread: All I can report is MY experience, which coincides with my DIL's experience. Just sayin'.....
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook