Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Off The Hook

I never cared for the noodles. I think our brand was by Shirataki and I couldn't get past the texture, it bugged me. But I'm fine with spiralized veggie noodles. I don't eat many veggies now so don't spiralize much, I use a small bed of greens, spinach or mushrooms to put sauce/cheese over and occasionally will use a little bit of spaghetti squash.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

You gals have me nervous about tonight's dinner! Interested that you've cut back on veggies. I was leaning that direction already, but am not mentally to the point of not needing three different things on the plate.

Rae, I hope your hubby is doing better this afternoon.
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 05-23-2017, 08:19 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I tried the spiralized zucchini tonight and it was delicious, but frankly, I used too much red pepper chili flakes (wasn't paying attention to the recipe lol) and all I could taste was the pepper. But, I still loved it.

Shar, I hope your dinner went well!

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 05-23-2017, 08:32 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

ohhh good news Vicki I will look forward to trying the zucchini !!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 05-23-2017, 11:15 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Glad you loved your zucchini, Vicki. Funny thing for us tonight. Neither of us were feeling hungry when it was "time to start fixing dinner." So we just skipped it. Then an hour or so later, we each had a mug of broth and some cheese. THEN we had a piece of the left-over lime cheesecake! I LOVE this way of eating! Maybe we'll have the Thai chicken tomorrow night.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-24-2017, 05:29 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Dinner was wonderful! Baked bone-in/skin-on chicken thighs. While they were baking, I fixed the Miracle Noodles. Never even smelled the fishy aroma I was warned about. Drained them, then returned them to the saucepan and added the Thai sauce plus a tablespoon of peanut butter. Veggies: sauteed cauliflower and mushrooms in butter. Poured the sauce and noodles over the chicken and LOVED every bite. Planning to go to Amazon and order all three versions.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-24-2017, 06:51 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Yay Shar!!!! That's awesome!

I made chicken salad tonight to have for a quick snack and bleeeeh. I miss the toast way too much to want to eat any more of it.

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 05-25-2017, 03:31 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Knee is still giving me fits. DH is out playing golf on this gorgeous day, and I would have been with him except for the knee. But I've used the time well. Have been reading "Why We Get Fat: And What To Do About It" by Gary Taubes. What an awesome book. It has vindicated me in SO MANY WAYS. I've also been binge watching Dr. Stephen Phinney's YouTube videos. AGAIN!!! So much explanation and vindication.

This afternoon I'm making chicken broth IN MY ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER. SO easy. Can't wait to try it. I used the carcass from the Costco chicken Dave got yesterday. All the meat is waiting in the refrigerator to be used in ever so many ways.

Today's main meal is going to be burgers from Red Robin!!!!! Yes! There's a BOGO (or maybe the 2nd is just half off), but we're going to do the Cooking Keto With Kristie method...no bun...no fries...lots of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, etc. Dave will also have pickles (I don't like them). We'll go as soon as he get home from golf, so it will be a very early dinner.

I'm also going in for my annual non-fasting blood work. That should be interesting. We are Kaiser members, and wish I knew if there was a doctor in my area that subscribes to the Keto way of life. I don't know how to even begin the search. Any ideas?
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Vicki, I haven't tried making this to be used just as bread, but it was Dave's idea that I try to do so. It is the crust for Keto pizza, and it is AWESOME. Just leave the Italian herbs out:

The Crust:

1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
¾ cup almond flour
2 tbs cream cheese
1 egg
Garlic salt
Parchment paper and cookie sheet
Instructions:

-put mozzarella & cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl

After making some keto recipes, I found it best to cube up the cream cheese before melting with other cheeses
-Microwave for 1 min, stir and then another 30 sec, stir (very hot!)
-Stir in egg & almond flour
-Wet hands and spread “dough” thin on parchment paper. It should spread evenly with dough-like consistency (if “stringy” then your cheese has hardened too much—just put it back in the microwave for maybe another 20 seconds)
-Dock (poke rows of holes) with a fork to avoid bubbling
-Sprinkle with garlic salt
-Put in 425 degree oven
-After about 8 minutes, check it and poke holes where any large bubbles may be.
-continue cooking for a total 12-14 min, or until slightly brown on top.
It should look like this:

If you don't have cream cheese, you can use a tablespoon or two of olive oil...maybe add a touch of cream.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-25-2017, 04:32 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Sharron you are the Keto Queen!! Love your recipe and will defintly have to try it out! I am looking for a low carb recipe for coleslaw dressing, not much luck but I think if I just stick to a simple one with mayo and some mustard and a bit of sweetener I will be ok. No carbs there or very few. Hubby is having pulled pork on a bun tonight, I really need to check the carbs on the pulled pork, but I can always have the left over chicken in the fridge instead. Not very hungry today, so far only had a light brunch, scrambled eggs with cheese and 1/2 an avocado. Sorry that you knee is still giving you trouble!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot