Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 01-13-2020, 04:48 AM
I love the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Try again to lose some weight

The kilos I lost years ago are all back.
After the death of my mother, i gained a lot, you don't want to know how much I used to snack!
The problem is that I don't eat sweets during the day, but in the evening it starts with me.
But the more I say that that I am not allowed, the more I do.

This morning I started again, with an oatmeal baked in the oven with red fruit and banana, coconut flakes and low-fat yogurt.
Good start, now I have to keep up tonight with no sweets
Old 01-13-2020, 08:43 AM
O is my home!

Condolences about your mom loss!

I'm sorry but I don't believe in this diet things! I mean if you have food regime as keto, vegan, mediterranean, paleo, yes this definitely work, because have 'ideology'.
But just restriction and counting calories sounds more as punishment. Movement helps better to kilos restriction and better shape as well. Go out, breath, find new places. If you are think that you'll get bored easily and start to find excuses (my case) just get dog then you can't have excuses to not do it strictly!
Old 01-13-2020, 10:38 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

You can do it Vera, you have done it before, so you know it is possible!

Keep your goals realistic and see how far you can get, one day at a time!
maybe not think negative of the evening with possibilities to snack or eat sweets, but focus positive on the times you already skipped snacks and sweets during the day!

good luck!

Old 01-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

and I don't think there is a difference between a diet or a food regime, to me it is all the same. easy snacks , chocolate, cookies, chips etc. are not a part of any healty food pattern.
and i have not found any ideology that takes away my need for chocolate, nor has it stopped me from eating it. only I can do that!

Moving is a great way to burn calories!

Old 01-13-2020, 12:34 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

You can do it Vera!! I have faith in you! Have you tried Keto or Paleo? Really found that Keto was the way to go for me and have maintained the 40lb weight loss for almost 3 years now. I did manage to gain a few lbs over Christmas, but it should come off once I get back into my laps at the pool and back to hiking.

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-13-2020, 05:22 PM
O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi View Post
and I don't think there is a difference between a diet or a food regime, to me it is all the same. easy snacks , chocolate, cookies, chips etc. are not a part of any healty food pattern.
and i have not found any ideology that takes away my need for chocolate, nor has it stopped me from eating it. only I can do that!

Moving is a great way to burn calories!
Yes, I'm not surprised you are argued with me , nothing new.
Counting calories can cause severe negative impact physically and mentally because brings self blame and disappointment when you not cover your goals.
From other side the food regime makes your mind concentrate on what you should do, and not put same feeling for restriction and fail.

This isn't my opinion or some theory I created to be talkative. Just googled "Eating disorders'' and "dangerous of calories counting".
Old 01-14-2020, 04:09 AM
I love the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxed4ever View Post
You can do it Vera!! I have faith in you! Have you tried Keto or Paleo? Really found that Keto was the way to go for me and have maintained the 40lb weight loss for almost 3 years now. I did manage to gain a few lbs over Christmas, but it should come off once I get back into my laps at the pool and back to hiking.
No Keto is not for me, when i see what i can't eat anymore...

But i know what my problem is, it is candy, chips etc snacks

I had a period in which I made healthy snacks, because nothing at all works against me.
I also think it's a habit to dive into the closet in the evening, looking for something sweet.
But following a healthy diet, without having to use the word diet, I manage quite well.

Only when I come home from work at 10 p.m. am I hungry. Last night I ate fresh soup and some oatmeal, but the urge is to eat something sweet.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:09 AM
I love the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Thank you for the support girls !!!
Old 01-14-2020, 04:12 AM
I love the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I made a salad for work later this evening, with avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, shrimp, pomegranate, mango and a light dressing.
And at 12h we eat fresh vegetable soup, fish and broccoli.

So, nI just have to stay away from the sweets tonight, I don't buy it myself but my husband and son do eat it, and when I see it in the cupboard I have to eat it
Old 01-14-2020, 04:36 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

look at all those healthy things you made! it is a good start of the day!
and I understand that after work you are hungry.

in the evening i go for an apple or orange. something i have to peel, that takes time and eat slowly, instead of something that you can put in your mouth without thinking.