Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Archive :: > Challenges Archive > February 2018 Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2018, 09:10 AM
Outta This World!

I used example #1 for this page (inverted mask to reveal the photo) -- can't wait to try those other techniques, too.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:49 AM
helenedubois
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Default A Taste of Spring

Loved this technique--may have to do another--thanks
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sh...all-7&cat=1718
Old 02-23-2018, 07:09 AM
helenedubois
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

Default Snapping Beans With Grandma

Just had to do another.
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sh...hall7&cat=1718
Old 02-23-2018, 11:31 AM
aA Creative Team Member
Ozone's One In A MilliOn

So glad to have you back! Thank you for the wonderful tutorial.

I used the first approach.

Old 02-23-2018, 12:04 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerywings View Post
I tried out all 4 techniques, but No 1 was best for this photo and page. Tech 2 was really cool with the blocky brush I had used so i am going to have to use that tech for a different photo and page someday.

ETA: for anyone wondering, yes, this is my cat that passed away after a short but brutal episode of liver failure. She was only 8 and died in my arms 2 weeks ago. Using her photo for this technique for all four examples really helped me in the grieving process. One more reason that I love scrapping.
My heart goes out to you, I don't know what I would do without my Maxwell. Such a sweet page for a sweet kitty.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:13 PM
Off The Hook

Just discovered this link in Todays email from Anna... What fun... Will have to find some time to give it a try... right up my alley for sure... For anyone interested, I have been sick the past almost 2 weeks... just a cold, not the flu, but it has totally slowed me down and I am also focusing on getting a lifetime of product organized in ACDsee... Trying to learn the program and get started tagging.. between the 2, there is no time left for creating pages at the moment... But will try this...
Old 02-26-2018, 06:45 PM
Outta This World!

This was so much fun, Ona. Thank you for this refreshing technique. Mine was fashioned after technique 2.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:41 AM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Well, you have all created some fabulous pages ladies!!! still a bit more time for those that still want to do a page!!!
Old 02-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Off The Hook

This was an interesting challenge... WAY too much to learn at one sitting... I have taken to using brushes for masks lately , so that was not new, but enjoyed learning all these different ways to then tweak things... My top right image was #1, the one on the left was #2 and the sketch is just thrown in because I did it... I tried to follow the directions, but there was no way I could get the sketch filter to produce the nice lined image, Ona got and that I wanted... so I cheated and made the sketch with an APP on the phone... Tried to implement some of the tutorial, but did not really work... I like sketches and know there are many ways to do, them, but spent so much time just playing here, that I gave up... Challenge #3 remains to be explored... It was WAY too involved... and after taking the time to do all these variations, I wanted to use them all... It was fun... Hope to find more similar tutorials here...

Old 02-27-2018, 02:47 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

wow! great work Liz! love the different ones! as to the sketch, it really does come back to the photo itself, the contrasting tones etc. I am very happy you did try them all and yes, there may have been a lot to take in but these sort of tutorials are there for you to come back to over and over again whenever you need them. I will be popping this into the tutorial section soon as well so you don't need to go searching for it in the challenge archives!