Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:41 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Recipes

I would like to start sharing some healthy recipes, but I think it would be easiest, more accessible if we had a thread for each type.

What categories would you like to see? I know that I am always on the lookout for vegetarian dinner ideas.
What else?

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-29-2017, 09:26 AM

On my way!

I think a lot of people like low carb options, so that might be a good one to have!
Old 01-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Ozone's Official Oracle

We do, what Ben calls, "Chunks of meat with vegetables" a lot. (Chicken breasts, steak, or pork chops or pork tenderloin.) We like salads a lot. My favorite is chicken (using this method) with a mixture of lettuce, a hard boiled egg, diced red pepper, diced cucumber, a just a few croutons with "home made" light ranch. I use a Hidden Valley dressing packet, light mayo and skim milk. I hate bottled ranch.

We also make taco salads a lot and fajita style chicken or steak. And I love stuffed peppers with lean ground beef and a healthy rice.

My standard lunch at school this year has been a hard boiled egg or two, a V8, and an apple. Sometimes I throw in a piece of dark chocolate or whipped peanut butter to dip the apple in.

Also, here is my "healthy-ish" recipe board on Pinterest that I've been trying to build up. Not too much of it is vegetarian Chris. Sorry. Growing up in the heart of beef country, that doesn't happen often. https://www.pinterest.com/petey111/h...-i-might-like/

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy
Old 01-29-2017, 09:35 AM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Oh! And Triscuits! They are one of the "cleanest" crackers around, just wheat, sea salt, and veggie oil.

Sara

Old 01-29-2017, 01:53 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

I'd love to see recipes that you think are healthy and figure out how they work for me and my life.

No one needs negativity and judgement here.

Sara

Old 01-29-2017, 03:05 PM
O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey111 View Post
No one needs negativity and judgement here.
That wasn't what I mean. Not at all! I thought I'm clearly explain how I'm formed my eating habits. I can't figure out what is make you feel worse and really sorry about that! Really,I can't figure out how these facts from popular healthy and eco life magazine which I shared with link, can be judgement, when will have bigger healthy and eco effect to discuss how to choose your food, than just how to cook it?! However, I deleted it.

Last edited by felis; 01-29-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

It's ok Felis. I shouldn't jump to conclusions about people's intentions. I understand you were trying to help. I disagree with some of your facts and we just have different lifestyles. I'm a pretty educated person and make my own decisions about what I eat. I have my own tastes and opinions and you have yours. I'd like to hear different people's recipes and what they like to eat and see what fits with my own choices. I'd love to hear what you eat on a regular basis.

Sara

Old 01-30-2017, 07:42 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

How about we just share recipes and not necessarily ideologies

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 01-30-2017, 11:28 PM
O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiStegall View Post
How about we just share recipes and not necessarily ideologies
I get it, but too late, sorry, at first I thought this is a topic for a healthy life. I'm not chef or nutritionist, these peoples have amazing blogs and really deserve to follow them. I'm more care about how to choose my food than how to eat it. At last case when I don't have ideas there is always have a air fryer.

https://airfry.blogspot.bg/
Save
Old 01-31-2017, 02:45 AM
O sO silly
Obviously Obsessed!

I got an air fryer too! I am not using it as much as I should but maybe this thread will give me a push!!

Great ideas on this blog Felis!!! I will be honest and say that I love my meat but I sure can find a lot of inspiration there. I think I will be doing some serious pinning soon :giggle: