Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:15 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I'm with you Trudy, I'm allergic to coconut (can have coconut oil but not the milk, water or meat) and I have to steer clear of sugar substitutes due to migraines and/or digestive issues. I do fine with almond flour though.

I'm going to check out all of the links - can't wait to watch your videos Rae! And, I"m going to get one of those whipped cream dispensers!

I'm planning to make this this weekend - http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2015/01...-bake.html?m=1

Tonight, I'm suffering - sugar craving big time.

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 05-19-2017, 11:23 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Vicki, that green chili dish looks awesome.

We were at IKEA today buying furniture for our new guest room. Everyone I saw was obese. I wanted to grab them all by the collar and point them toward Keto. But of course, one can't do that.

Tonight we were at Bible study, and there were several offerings of sugar/carb "goodies." Wasn't even the slightest bit tempting to me. I know that may not always be the case, but it sure felt good tonight. Hope you get over your sugar-craving QUICKLY, Vicki.

Just had an extra salty mug of chicken broth. Soothing to to soul. Tasted like chicken noodle soup, and I didn't miss the noodles.

Good night all.
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 05-20-2017, 09:17 AM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Woke up feeling dreadful. So glad I have no obligations today. Plan to wallow around in my Keto flu...maybe listen to some podcasts and drink broth.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-20-2017, 09:53 AM
Off The Hook

Shar - I know you said you were not so strict with keto and keeping track. A problem with not tracking your carbs is that you might be consuming too many carbs or too many at one time that is possibly flipping you in and out of ketosis which can make you feel "keto flu". It takes time for your body to become fat-adapted (meaning it fully transitions and your body knows what it needs to do to burn ketones for fuel and run properly). I suggest keeping track of carbs at least at first until you are fully fat-adapted. I track and am glad b/c some days I think I consumed well below 20 carbs and yet when I enter everything into my fitness pal I find out there were extra carbs in the meat and veggies that I wasn't expecting. You should only be feeling the keto flu the first day or two (if at all) and after that its b/c you were kicked out of ketosis.

So, just a suggestion, try tracking for awhile as you learn all the hidden carbs in condiments/meat/spices etc.

By the way, you can eat low carb (more a South Beach, Atkins type of diet) and not have to go into ketosis, eating a bit higher carb to stay in glucose burning mode which gives you more options, more flexibility. The main reason I have to do ketosis is b/c of carb/sugar cravings that won't go away if I glucose burn.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Thanks Rae.

I do have a happy false alarm report:

I must have been salt deprived because of all the heavy, sweat-producing work we did yesterday. A cup of extra salty broth and a thin slice of havarti, and I felt fine on the inside. Took some ibuprofen, and feel better on the outside. I'm BAAAAck! Since neither Dave nor I felt any Keto flu the whole first week, I thought "this must be it" when I woke up feeling so bad.

I too, could not do South Beach or Atkins because of the sugar/carb craving and feeling of deprivation. So far there has been NO craving for sweets or other carbs (a first-in-my-life experience).

Saturday night! This is my plan for dinner: http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...ux-carb-pizza/
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-20-2017, 09:34 PM

My hubby cooked out for us tonight so I will have meat for several days

I gotta say I'm shocked at how many carbs are in smoked sausage which kind of bummed me out because I LOVE it grilled but I had to watch how much of it I ate.

Shar, I'm glad you're feeling better! I have got to get some lite salt and/or chicken bullion because I'm having leg cramps pretty regularly.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:10 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Vicki, I'm finding that I have way too much food. I had to freeze some of the ground beef I bought for menus for the 2-week Challenge by the Diet Doctor, and we have so many leftovers every day that I think it will last 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe because I've added some other things, like tonight's pizza. It was AWESOME, by the way. I used pepperoni and mushrooms for the toppings. Dave loved it too. We only ate 1/3 of it. You really can pick it up with your fingers. Dave suggested that the crust would make a great flat bread. He had to ask what was in it, and was surprised.

Nice that you'll have meat for several days, but sorry about the sausage. I don't enjoy sausage, so it's not a sacrifice for me.

Drank a mug of salted chicken broth when my legs started acting like restless leg was coming, and they seemed to have calmed down. Off to bed...church in the morning.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-21-2017, 07:41 PM

That's exactly what it feels like for me - like restless leg. What type of chicken broth do you like?

Old 05-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

We're just using whatever it is Costco carries in the boxes. I'm planning to try making my own soon.

Dinner tonight was sauteed zucchini noodles (made with Spiralizer), left-over talapia (white fish) from 2 nights ago...included sauteed mushrooms and asparagus. Not my favorite recipe so far, but still VERY good and satisfying. I like my fish just a tad bit undercooked, but followed the recipe, and I think it cooked too long. Got a little dry the first time I served it, and even more so re-heating it tonight.

Anyone have an awesome Keto-friendly ice cream? ...especially one that can be made in the Blendtec or Vitamix?

Twice in the last couple days we have been in social situations and exposed to high-carb foods that we'd ordinarily have just happily scarffed down. Happy to report that neither of us was tempted in the least to indulge. I love this.

Just found out that a friend of ours is doing Keto to control his diabetes. I've been binge-watching lectures documentaries on YouTube discussing the pandemic of obesity. Very scary how much the diseases resulting from obesity drain the economy.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 PM

It crazy when you actually take a look around when you go out in public how much bigger the general population is than 20 years ago. And, I'm right there now too - blech. Which is why I'm now keto. *fingers crossed

my hubby is using it to control his diabetes too.