Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:57 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Default Water, water, water....

I really need to increase my water intake. I know that I just feel so much better all around - reduced anxiety, less appetite, better skin, etc... but I just recently read that chronic dehydration might lead to breast cancer. Although really, anything and everything seems to lead to some form of cancer, but you know, I've spent my whole adult life being dehydrated.

So, anyone have any tips on getting more water in each day?

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 01-12-2017, 06:15 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I keep a good stainless steel water bottle by me all day . It stays nice and cold and I find it makes me drink more!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Occasionally passes by

I bought some fancy glass water bottles. For me, it's easier to drink from something pretty. And I notice a plastic taste from plastic water bottles. I'm into essential oils & I put one drop of citrus fresh in it (on the ice & pour water over it). That helps when there's a little flavor to the water but not over-powering.

Like Trudy, my water has to be cold for me to drink it.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:39 PM
I love the "O"

Obviously Obsessed!

Mine has to be cold too... I do have a plastic container but it is pretty big. I make sure I finish at least one a day. But I used to do 3... I need to go back to that
Old 01-12-2017, 08:32 PM
O sO silly
Obviously Obsessed!

I'm with you on that. Even though my mouth is dry like a desert I still don't take the time to go downstairs to get some lol

I don't like cold water I prefer to have mine at room temperature. Actually in Japan restaurants always give you a ice cold glass of water with ice cubes when you get in and I now tend to ask them to bring me a different one with no ice... It is already pretty darn cold and they add ice cubes (duh!). I don't think it's good for the stomach.
The worse I know is when the ice cubes are all tiny and crushed and you have trouble avoiding them to get in your mouth lol At least if they are big I can even take them out lol
I love the idea of a nice bottle to drink from. Maybe I can increase my intake in a day if I keep it with me when at the computer and be more motivated to drink more in a day than I do now. If I can find a 1l bottle it can be easy to think of filling it once per day to get at most 2l of water. I could use some more hydrated skin lol
Old 01-12-2017, 09:19 PM
I love the O!

I can't drink water without bubbles ... I try to drink a bottle of 1 liter at school ... and in the evening I try to drink a half bottle ...
Sometimes I put a few pieces of lime in the bottle - in summer pieces of lime with fresh mint ... very tasty

A member of a FB group uses a reminder on the bottle - I don't know it

https://www.ulla.io/

I think I buy a lightbox ...

Old 01-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Off The Hook

In the summer I put a pitcher of water in the fridge with a few drops of flavored stevia in it (usually berry, orange or lemon). I won't drink the artificially flavors for water like Crystal Lite b/c I try not to ingest any artificial sugars (except for the stevia). I also have two big oversized mugs and they each hold about 4 cups so will often fill one of those up when sitting in my office so I don't need to get up to refill it for quite awhile.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:21 AM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I usually drink 2 mugs of coffe in the morning.
And I always have a 0.5 l bottle of water on my desk.
I drink 2-3 glass of water at every meal
In the evening I usually drink another bottle of 0.5l with bubbles and white mint (Ricqlès), and sometime some herb tea.

I scrapped for : OSCRAPS
Old 01-13-2017, 07:36 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I use an app, Water Time Pro that I have set to remind me every hour to drink water and it sets my goal based on sex and weight. There is a little water droplet that smiles when you log water and is very sad when you don't. I don't want my water droplet to be sad.

I only drink out of stainless bottles. No plastic for me unless I have no choice. BPA Free plastic used a different composite that is actually a worse hormone disrupter than BPA.
That is really interesting to hear about chronic dehydration and cancer, Vicki.

My goal based on weight is 41 oz. and most of the time I get that, esp since I don't drink anything other than water, coffee, tea, and wine. That has to count too??

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

App for Android: Water Time Pro : drink reminder - Android Apps on Google Play

~~Chris~~ My Gallery