Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Resources :: > Need Help? Ask here!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Ask here! Ever wonder how someone did what they did? Check here, if it's not here, ask!

Old 02-09-2020, 03:37 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Hi Jayne

For the O gallery, the size ("dimensions") will appear the same in the gallery, whether it is a 600x600 or 1000x1000......... the important bit is the actual file size ("weight"), which should be under 250kb.

Old 02-10-2020, 04:09 PM
Outta This World!

I just had the re-size problem with my latest layout. Although the original psd file was about the same size as most of my layouts, and I followed the same steps as I've been doing for all my other Oscraps layouts, for some reason it just would not go below about 500kb, too large for our gallery. Thanks, Vicki and everyone, for the tips! After flattening the psd file I saved for web, got a message that I would be losing quality, ignored that and saved anyway. It saved as a gif which I was able to convert to a jpeg. Then I was able to reduce the pixels to 72 and the dimensions to 600 px and, this time, all was well. Whew! Interestingly I finished another layout I'd been working on, and this time there was no problem! Who knows why these things happen??? I'm just glad for all the tips you've included here.
Thanks!!
Old 02-10-2020, 05:17 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGranny View Post
I just had the re-size problem with my latest layout. Although the original psd file was about the same size as most of my layouts, and I followed the same steps as I've been doing for all my other Oscraps layouts, for some reason it just would not go below about 500kb, too large for our gallery. Thanks, Vicki and everyone, for the tips! After flattening the psd file I saved for web, got a message that I would be losing quality, ignored that and saved anyway. It saved as a gif which I was able to convert to a jpeg. Then I was able to reduce the pixels to 72 and the dimensions to 600 px and, this time, all was well. Whew! Interestingly I finished another layout I'd been working on, and this time there was no problem! Who knows why these things happen??? I'm just glad for all the tips you've included here.
Thanks!!
I have had this happen sometimes over the years that I have been digi scrapping, in various versions of PSE and in Photoshop itself. The majority of these layouts were the times that I used a PSD template file.

Didn't matter that the templates were created by different designers. This happened when I opened the actual PSD template and then saved it with a new name before starting work with it. Whether it was just a glitch with my own program settings I don't know but I have gotten into the routine now of opening a blank 12x12 and then opening the template. In the template file I select all the layers and then copy them across to the new blank file (dragging the layers across). Sounds weird I know but I have been doing this now for around 10.5 years now and haven't had any more problems. !

For the couple of layouts where I wasn't using a template, I copied all the layers from it, into a brand new blank file and saved it and the problem was fixed! Don't ask me why!! lol! Perhaps try that next time it happens and see if that works.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:42 PM
Outta This World!

Smile

Thanks, Ona. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had this happen.
And that's interesting about the templates. This time I didn't use one, but I'll keep it mind for the future. PSE keeps us on our toes, lol.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:01 PM

I always just copy my finished layout into a new file of only one layer. Resize then save that and don't ever have any issue. Have you tried that?

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 02-10-2020, 08:02 PM

Also, I'm happy to help resize these. If you're ever stumped, just email me the .jpg file and I'll resize/save for you. support@oscraps.com

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 02-10-2020, 08:28 PM
Outta This World!

Saving into a single layer file, then re-sizing, is what I always do, and this is the first time I've had a problem with the file size not reducing. (I'm blaming gremlins or perhaps the earth being out of orbit, lol). But if it happens again, I will definitely send it to you to try. You are a life-saver, Vicki! Thank you.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:43 AM
annaaspnes

Off The Hook

In the NEW PSCC 2020 File> Save for Web has been removed from the menu

You can still however access it via the shortcut:
CTRL (CMD) + ALT (OPT) + SHIFT + S

Enter your 500 X 500 pixels at 72 DPI in the bottom right of the panel and SAVE.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:22 AM
I love the O!

I use the save for web ... in my PSCC 2020

File - export - save for web ...
Old 02-11-2020, 03:41 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaaspnes View Post
In the NEW PSCC 2020 File> Save for Web has been removed from the menu

You can still however access it via the shortcut:
CTRL (CMD) + ALT (OPT) + SHIFT + S

Enter your 500 X 500 pixels at 72 DPI in the bottom right of the panel and SAVE.
Hi Anna, I still have that option in PSCC 2020 but it's under the Export option in the File menu, as Marijke mentioned above. Don't know about you but I just hate it Adobe does updates on PSCC!! lol!