Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Current :: > Monthly Challenges > October 2020 Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2020, 02:43 AM
Off The Hook

Have been playing with this... By far the easiest sketch instructions i have ever see.... BUT my photo of a bouquet of flowers came out almost black with the stamp mode... Tried Mary Lynne's suggestion of photo copy, it was better.... But still way too heavy and the adjustments did not take it to the light sketched lines that I was hoping for.... everyone else's are nice and sketchy... working in PSCS 5... had fun trying all the other filters... Going to try some different images... and will post what I have gotten done... Just Looking for other suggestions.... Liz

Back to the drawing Board
Old 10-29-2020, 03:49 AM

Outta This World!

Awe, what a disappointment for you. I have no idea how to work in PSCS 5 so I can not help out. Maybe the original photo is too dark and heavy?

I had to try different photos, too. Keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyeyes4you View Post
Have been playing with this... By far the easiest sketch instructions i have ever see.... BUT my photo of a bouquet of flowers came out almost black with the stamp mode... Tried Mary Lynne's suggestion of photo copy, it was better.... But still way too heavy and the adjustments did not take it to the light sketched lines that I was hoping for.... everyone else's are nice and sketchy... working in PSCS 5... had fun trying all the other filters... Going to try some different images... and will post what I have gotten done... Just Looking for other suggestions.... Liz

Back to the drawing Board

Last edited by Kythe; 10-30-2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:23 AM
Off The Hook

Oh my! I admire your tenacity! I think your efforts paid off for sure. Good to hear that you are going to keep playing as that is how we learn.

Well I played and played... tonight every image I used, was a negative when I hit stamp or photocopy!!??? Could see no setting to reverse that! Tried faces and other things... all negative image, and I had not saved, the sketch image...darn.... Played around with blend modes along the way and finally went to the image in the layers panel and started trying to adjust there... I was able to inverse there, and then I had the sketch I expected to have.... I am not sure which image I like the best. So on the page I built... the original photo is bottom left, and the sketch is in the middle... I don't know why one has appeared so much larger, since they were scaled to approximately the same size... Will look into that tomorrow... so at this point in time, what i ended up with last night is in the larger image... thought I liked the sketchier effect I finally ended up with tonight, but then I wasn't sure and since the bare sketch is from the smaller page image the top one, I figured I would just post both... thanks so much for a really fun tutorial, and I will definitely be playing with it more, because like I said... This is the easiest sketch process I have ever used and I have tried most of the ones out there... Thanks so much for sharing.... both images are linked... for the record it is 4:30 AM...time flies when you're having fun!!!!

OK...that is better... Sure I have everyone confused by now!!! Original done first night is the bottom one, top one is new one done the 2nd night that the sketch goes with....

Thank you Vickyday for your suggestions....

Last edited by Kythe; 10-30-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:14 PM
Outta This World!

Just post it in the gallery and copy it here. That one doesn't need to be linked.

I have no idea how to upload my original photo. If you let me know I can come back and edit this reply

Last edited by garrynkim; 10-31-2020 at 02:54 PM.