Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Archive :: > Challenges Archive > August 2019 Challenges
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2019, 02:25 PM
The O is awesOme

Default August Challenge #7 - Creative Techniques Challenge.

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the August Creative Technique Challenge!

I often clip my photo's to photo masks! But also I use duplicates of that photo to color my brushes and elements! Depending on the detail on the photo, I also give the photo a bit of Gaussian Blur sometimes! This technique works very good with nature and beach photo's! I love to open my photo in a new document and copy that photo several times to have it in the same spot on my layout! I close the view of the photolayers to see the result of the clippings!
Then from the bottom to the top I start clipping my photo on almost anything! You have a perfect color match this way! Also you can use lots of products without the layout getting to messy!
Sometimes I make an extraction on the toplayer too! You can get very creative with this!
When I have a composition I like, I place my backgroundpaper and a frame and the elements or other brushes. This is a wonderful way of layering.

I challenge you to use one photo, copy it many times, and depending on the detail, give it some blur, and clip it to masks, brushes and if you dare even some elements or text.
I would love to see your take on this! It would be nice if you could tell us in the forum where you clipped your photo on! (brushes, mask, WA , element, ...)

Here is my sample page:
I clipped the photo to 3 masks, 3 brushes, and 2 elements.

We Love Summer Collection + FWP Palvinka Designs

RULES:
- Use one photo, duplicate it several times, clip the photo to masks, brushes, and if you like, also to elements and text. Please use the photo on at least one mask and two brushes! (But I challenge you to clip it to some more) Then finish the page as you like!
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 7 gallery by midnight PST AUGUST 31 2019 and linked back to this thread. HOW TO LINK LAYOUT TO CHALLENGE THREAD.
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Have fun!!!

Last edited by margje; 08-01-2019 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:02 AM
Occasionally logs off

Sounds like Fun!

MY GALLERY
Old 08-01-2019, 03:05 PM
The O is awesOme

Thanks so much! Hope you will join in!
Old 08-03-2019, 06:52 PM
TrishD
Occasionally logs off

Thanks for this great challenge Marianne
Old 08-04-2019, 06:49 AM
The O is awesOme

Beautiful page Trish! Love all the gorgeous effects! Great page in black and white! Can you tell us where you clipped the photo on? (mask, brushes ...)
Old 08-04-2019, 06:32 PM
On my way!

In the first draft, I clipped the same photo to every single element on the page with the exception of the background and the text. But it looked so.....green. I switched the frames to white so the LO didn't look quite so "artsy craftsy." . Regardless, there are still 11 elements (mask, brushes, overlays, embellishments) clipped with the photo. Here is "Isn't She Lovely." Thanks for the challenge. It took me places I have never gone before!

Old 08-05-2019, 01:35 AM
I love the O!

Thank you for the challenge

I clipped my photo on three masks - one mask - recoloured - blended papers - on one photo layer I used the filter poster edges

Old 08-05-2019, 03:41 AM
The O is awesOme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestine View Post
In the first draft, I clipped the same photo to every single element on the page with the exception of the background and the text. But it looked so.....green. I switched the frames to white so the LO didn't look quite so "artsy craftsy." . Regardless, there are still 11 elements (mask, brushes, overlays, embellishments) clipped with the photo. Here is "Isn't She Lovely." Thanks for the challenge. It took me places I have never gone before!

Wow love your beautiful page! Awesome result and great job Celestine!
Old 08-05-2019, 03:42 AM
The O is awesOme

Quote:
Originally Posted by marijke View Post
Thank you for the challenge

I clipped my photo on three masks - one mask - recoloured - blended papers - on one photo layer I used the filter poster edges

Love everything on this beautiful page Marijke! Great job!
Old 08-05-2019, 02:45 PM

Official Occupant

I love these challenges. They take forever as I fuss with them but I like the end result. Thanks for stretching my comfort zone.

I took 4 duplicates of the photo, masked one, added a sponge filter to the second and put them on top of one another. Then I took the 3rd photo and used a paint splotch/brush from the kit as a mask, duplicated and tucked them in the corners. With the 4th photo I enlarged to almost the entire page, put in on top of the BG paper and set to soft light. To add depth a frame was added with reduced the opacity. Lastly the text brush was added to the top corner.