Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 09-16-2020, 05:44 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Wednesday, September 16

Happy hump day to you! It is another chilly morning here and I am all layered up, complete with fuzzy socks to keep my toes warm. Last night when we were watching TV, even Gary was chilly enough to turn the electric "fireplace" heater on for a couple of hours. It is really only the middle of September, too early to be this cold.

Yesterday went well. I was able to get a bunch of stuff done around the house. I cleaned out two more cabinets before I put the groceries away to make sure that there weren't any panty pests or mice hiding. With the weather getting cooler, the mice will try to get back inside again. Gary was able to take one that was hiding in the recycling bucket outside last night. Poor little guy.
You can also tell that it is getting colder because the rats' fur got all poofed out and W has to be under the covers at night.

Today is W's vet appt for her physical and vaccines. I have to ask how much the rabies shot cost. I usually go to the free clinic in October but I don't know how that will be run, it is usually very crowded. We line up outside of course, but the shots/paperwork is all done inside the DPW garage. If it isn't too expensive, I might just get it done today.
The washing machine tech is going to be here at 11. Caitlyn has internship work and meetings and the dogs will be bonkers since they need to be locked up while he is here. Advil!! Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu?

Gratitudes:
-I got to catch up with my friend that I clean for and she brought over a box of food for us. Her kids get free school lunches delivered every day and she had a ton of string cheese, milk cartons, and crackers. I traded her a bunch of ketchup, soup, and jelly! Talk about a win-win-win!
-Caitlyn sold out of her plush ghosts and rat ghosts (in 18 hours!) and was making more yesterday
-had a fun time laughing with Scott over Patches, his snake who has no legs and one eye, being jealous of Rita who has 8 eyes and 8 legs, that turned into a ridiculous conversation about how many soccer balls Rita should get. I thought 8, Scott said only 4. Humans have 2 feet and use 1 soccer ball. Thus Rita- 8 feet so four. Math checks out.*nods*

Have a fab day! xoxoxo

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 09-16-2020, 06:07 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Nancy- brrr brr brrr! Are you any warmer today? The sun is supposed to come out later today so I amhoping that it will turn out nicer. A friend who lives in Montclair posted a picture on FB of the haze from the fires at his house. That is bonkers, are you seeing that too? I wasn't outside long enough to notice yesterday, I will have to pay attention today. If that is how it looks on the east coast, I cannot even fathom how bad it is everywhere else.
Was it strange to root for the Islanders? Hope that they won and that hockey continues! When is the next season supposed to start? Usually in October, or around that?
You got a lot accomplished, congrats!! How was the grilled shrimp?
Gary's video of the skeleton is getting so many views. He has some crazy skills. SMH. He took away the "moonshine jug" and is making a guitar for him. He is trying to bring back the BooFrighters or at least the Dave Grohl "lookalike." He is struggling with the hair so I told her to cut off his and he can use that, although Dave's has a bit of curl to his.
haha!

Kay- What a mess with the log-ins. Do you use a password manager? We use Last Pass and thank goodness for that. I used to either use the same one again and again or I would write them on paper and neither of those are smart moves. That was so smart of you to check the History.
I tend to hold onto food way past the Best By Dates, I hate throwing anything out. The FP usually wites the dates on in Sharpie and that forces me to look more carefully at my own stuff.
Thanks for liking Gary's skeleton video, he really enjoys this time of year.

Trudy- I amso happy that you got some rain! I can't get over this, it is so dystopian. My uncle lives near San Francisco and I hope that he is doing ok. My aunt has emphysema (too many years of smoking) and know that she has to be struggling.
Look at all of the things you accomplished! Good job!
Awwww, thatmakes me so happy that you got to spend time reading to Hunter, what a doll! Tell Heather how happy and a bit jealous I am that she has the house to herself.
Gender reveal parties are so silly to me as it is (years of helping Caitlyn study about gender being non-binary has done that to me ) but even more that they would would use pyrotechnics at one. 2 years ago, a huge fire was started the same exact way. Can you just go back to baking pink or blue cakes, please?
Please tell Gary that I am thinking of him and his parents. It has to be so hard.

Cheryl- Hope that you are settling in well and that Daisy is too. I KNOW that you know this but I have to say it anayway- like me telling the kids to drive safe- like no duh! be careful when you open the doors so she doesn't run off. Too many pets on my local lost pet page are ones that have just moved to the area. I worry.
Enjoy the fall color!

hugs!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 09-16-2020, 08:18 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning ladies... I am up early and got DH some breakfast before he headed out to work. Still super smokey out there, but there is also some fog, so its hard to tell which is which . I am supposed to go on a hike today, but I don't think its a good idea with the air quality the way it is. I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it this morning. We haven't even been getting mail delivery to our mail boxes because the air is so bad! So I guess it will be another day stuck in the house. I really need to get some kind of exercise so perhaps I will look for some kind of work out that I can do at home. Working on a layout today, still bugging the kids for some photos so I can get going on the calendars soon.

Chris - Sorry that you all were so chilly overnight! We haven't gotten cooler weather, but certainly not as warm as it should be because we can't see the sun!!! But then we can't see across the street either . It's like being stuck in a horror movie. Poor Heather txt me last night that Mason did not have school today, so much for her day alone I feel bad for her, she was really looking forward to the quiet house! Mason and everyone else go back to school on Thursday, but then Hunter will be home with her. Oh well maybe next week she will have some time alone. I am happy that you connected with your friend and so nice that she brought over a box of food for you too!! How great that Caitlyn is doing so well with her etsy shop!! WTG Caitlyn!! Lots of laughter with Scott also how wonderful! Good luck with the Vet visit today! I hope that you are able to get the shots at a good price! Yes it would be great if everyone could just bake the blue or pink cakes again for gender reveal parties, not sure why it is done anyway? What you get, is what you get you can't change the gender or send the baby back for different model .

Cheryl - Probably a great idea to take some time to get settled in and not worry about what you need to do here! Enjoy exploring your new property, how fun!! I hope that your hands adjust to the cooler weather, it will be quite a change from Florida! How nice that you get to see the lovely fall colours!! I think this is my fav time of year just for the simple fact that the colours are amazing!

Well I am sure I will be getting a face time call this morning from Mason. Looking forward to hearing how his first day back to school went. I might need a nap later on this morning, not used to getting up so early and I am already feeling sleepy Have a great Wednesday everyone

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 09-16-2020, 11:21 PM

Outta This World!

Good late night! I hope everybody had a nice day. We were without internet and TV all day!!! I could give a rip about TV, but having no internet is something else. I about lost it! Oh, the joys of country living, huh? When we moved into this rental a week and a half ago, the former owner (we all own this now - it came with the territory and it WILL be a rental eventually) but I digress - we had a home installed internet system and it worked famously!

Enter "Oh we have the latest and greatest - fiberoptics - we're going to make you so happy. I haven't been very happy all day!! I threatened to call the former owner and find out what the heck she had and go borrow it back. She came and got her router when we had this system installed. Thing is, we can't undo it even if we wanted to. It's newly installed on a telephone pole in the yard and it will eventually serve as internet/tv for ALL of us! They promised that this hadn't happened "for a long time". We'll see.

Sorry for the vent! Chris, so you were chilly? We haven't gotten chilly yet, but it's coming. Glad you got some stuff done. Sounds like you had a productive day.

Trudy, sorry that the air quality is still so bad! Best you stay in out of it. Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

Yes, I'm finally giving myself a license to relax and try to get settled in. I wasn't very relaxed today, but darn it, don't we rely SO heavily on the internet? My hubby and I both sat down so many times to look something up!