Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Resources :: > Need Help? Ask here (How to :: Tutorials, tips & tricks)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Ask here (How to :: Tutorials, tips & tricks) Ever wonder how someone did what they did? Check here, if it's not here, ask!

Old 03-01-2018, 03:28 PM
Only just got here

Default Posting image to gallery

Hi
I haven't been able to post an image to the gallery due to size limitations. No matter how small I make the image I am still bounced out. Can anyone offer the size of the images they post in either pixels or inches? Thanks most appreciative .. Kate
Old 03-01-2018, 03:41 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I do 600x600 at 72 dpi.

With some versions of photoshop, it holds the history of changes so the filesize is affected. You can do a select all, copy and paste as a new document, change to 72 dpi, 600x600 and that should get it within filesize limits. If that doesn't do it, try "save for web". if that doesn't do it, email me the file at support@oscraps.com and I'll see what I can figure out!

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 03-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Only just got here

Thank you huge help!!
Old 03-01-2018, 05:12 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Another thing that makes it work sometimes is if you manually FLATTEN the image then save it separately. Then do all the things Vicki said. I don't know why some layouts freak out. Seems like I do it exactly the same every time (and I Save for Web...even made myself an action so I'm sure it works the same every time!).

Image>Duplicate
On the layers panel of the duplicate, right click and choose "FLATTEN."
Save as a separate file (jpg), and use it to Save for Web, or follow Vicki's guidelines.
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 03-01-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogikate View Post
Thank you huge help!!

Did that fix it for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharLamb View Post
Another thing that makes it work sometimes is if you manually FLATTEN the image then save it separately. Then do all the things Vicki said. I don't know why some layouts freak out. Seems like I do it exactly the same every time (and I Save for Web...even made myself an action so I'm sure it works the same every time!).

Image>Duplicate
On the layers panel of the duplicate, right click and choose "FLATTEN."
Save as a separate file (jpg), and use it to Save for Web, or follow Vicki's guidelines.
Thanks Shar!

Old 03-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Only just got here

Sharron...Just got power, back just tried. I did what both of you suggested. The image is posted, although seems small. Perhaps next time I will flatten, save for web, but make a little larger. May I ask when you begin do you have an established New Document Size you always use? Thanks Kate
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 PM

Love your layouts! Glad that worked!

Old 03-05-2018, 09:43 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Kate, I usually use an 8 x 10.5 document because I print at home, and that allows for the border my printer requires. But I also use 12x12" for some projects, then if I decide to print, decrease it to 8" x 8", again, so I can print on my home printer. After creating the layout, I then save for web (File>Export>Save for Web), which flattens it and makes it usable for posting in the gallery. Then when it asks if I want to save it when I close it, I say "NO." That way the original PSD remains where I filed it, AND there will be a jpg version as well.
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 03-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Only just got here

Hi...im back with size/posting question. Im down to 2x2 and the image will not post. Even if it did, I fear it will be very small.....I have flattened, re-sized and save for web....
Any thoughts, I would be most appreciative. Kate
Old 03-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Kate do you use Photoshop CC or PSE ? I always start my new document size as 12x12 inches, resolution 300 pixels per inch. When I finish my page I then save it as Photoshop in case I want to make changes, then I go to layer - flatten image and then I go to image - Image size and change the resolution to 72 pixels/inch this should be done first before you change the width/height to 600 X 600. Then save it as a jpeg. Quality 7/medium. Or choose the option of Save for Web. Hope this helps you out!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot