Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:32 AM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Default Keto - what's for dinner?

I thought we'd share what a day in the life looks like so we can maybe help with ideas, meal planning, etc.

Yesterday was my day 1 and I did surprisingly well on my macros.

My macros:
Fat - 134 g (76%)
Protein - 75 g (19%)
Carbs - 20 g (5%)

Here's where I ended up:

Fat - 135g (75%)
Protein - 75 g (19%)
Carbs - 25 g (6%)

Coffee with powdered creamer which jacked my carbs for 2g lol it was almost more but I read the nutrition on it and poured it out lol

Udo's oil - 1tbsp
Coconut oil - 1tbsp
Bacon - 8 slices (yum!)

Raspberry acai salad kit which was crazy good but crazy high in carbs due to dried cranberries and blueberries.
Bacon - 8 slices
Rotisserie chicken - 3 oz
Coconut oil - 1 tbsp

Ribeye - 6 oz

1 egg - hard boiled

It wasn't all that out of the box or creative, but I felt very well fed all day long

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 05-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

I do Keto less formally than anyone else. If I had to keep track of it all, I would go nuts and fail. So I'm just making sure the ingredients and foods I eat are all very low or no carbs, am still basically following the 2-week intro menus from the Diet Doctor, and I eat when hungry, and stop when satisfied.

The other thing I cannot do, is weigh myself! Seriously. On every diet I've ever been on, weighing myself led to disaster. If I'd lost weight, I'd celebrate by eating off-program. If I'd gained, I'd console myself by eating off-program. My most recent doctor appointment weight will have to suffice as my starting weight. Our health system is all computerized, so my weight is available for me to look at when the time comes.

Anyway, I'm happy to share my food intake for the day, but there won't be any numbers.

Here's the quiche recipe:

Preheat the oven to 450º, and coat a spring-form pan with spray oil.

Saute some bacon pieces and mushroom slices in butter. Combine with
3 beaten (with a fork) eggs
2 handfuls of your favorite shredded cheese (I used cheddar/jack mixture)
1 to 2 cups cottage cheese (I hate cottage cheese, but it is wonderful in this)
any veggies that sound good (shredded zuccini...planned-over asparagus, etc.)
salt and pepper

Pour into prepared springform pan and bake about 30-40 minutes. I really depends on the size of your pan. If it's small, the quiche will be thick, so it may take more time. If it is in a large pan, the quiche will be thin, and take less time. Keep an eye on it!

When done, top with sour cream and avocado (optional, but why wouldn't you???)

Dave and I were totally satisfied after eating 1/4 each, and there's another breakfast waiting for us tomorrow. Dave likes sausage, so I fried up a couple links for him as a side. Tomatoes would also be great with this, and for salsa fans, another possibility for a topping (I think there is Keto-friendly salsa out there, or certainly recipes for it).
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook
Old 05-18-2017, 01:10 PM
Off The Hook

I average 10-20 carbs day (some days total carbs, other days net carbs).

No breakfast - I do a 12 hour fast each night to mid morning, only having water and coffee with whipping cream (has the least carbs).

Lunch:
salad greens
2 tbsp ranch dressing (have a homemade recipe I use)
boiled egg
leftover meat
6 grape tomatoes

Dinner:
2 nitrate free smokies
salad greens
parmesan cheese
bacon
cesaer salad (Renee's)

Snack:
15 pepperoni rounds baked in toaster oven
10 assorted gourmet olives

Since starting keto my appetite is less, my cravings are gone and I am drinking a ton of water which includes two big glasses of my homemade electrolyte drink each day.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

I'm SO excited about what I did today:

I also went to Trader Joe's today and got some healthy stuff to put into a few of those canisters. I've found that our pantry areas are way less crowded since we started the purge. Still a ways to go, but each step is rewarding beyond measure. And I do feel blessed that my husband wants to do this too. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to cook "both ways."
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 05-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I don't do breakfast either, don't eat until I am hungry and I try to keep my total carbs under 20grams. Just like Rae I only have water and coffee with whipping cream. 0 carbs in whipping cream and no sugar either who knew

Lunch today consisted of a 2 egg omelette, shredded cheddar cheese, mushrooms and ham. With a 1/2 avocado on the side...yummy!!

Dinner tonight will be
Chicken Breast with mayo and parmesan cheese mixed together and spread on top of the chicken breasts bake at 425 for 20 minutes usual recipe has Italian seasoned bread crumbs on top so I just omit the crumbs. Perhaps some Cauliflower rice and Caesar salad with homemade dressing 0 carbs. A glass of white wine of course.

I do not track macros, never have its just too frustrating for me. I am like Casey and just keep track of my total carbs and rest takes care of itself. Don't overcomplicate things it just gets overwhelming. One thing I do have to get better at is the electrolyte drinking I am bad for not doing that!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 05-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Sharon what a wonderful layout!! Good for you I still have much to get rid of, but DH is not totally converted over to Keto yet. I am working on it, he doesn't ask for Pasta anymore and only wants a potato every once in a while. Its coming .

Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Vicki the trick is to stay away from anything prepared, there are usually always hidden carbs and sugar in it. Keep it natural and you will not miss the prepared foods at all!

Old 05-18-2017, 03:44 PM

Tracking things helps keep me on track. If I don't, I won't get enough fat and will fail or I'll eat too many carbs and fail. Both of which I've done before. If I have to enter it before I eat it, I'll be more conscious of what I'm having and if I really want it or not.

I still find myself getting very hungry off and on, but I can tell that's going to get better. And, today is only day 2.

Shar,
- what is the whipped cream device you mentioned?
- i'm going to try your quiche recipe. I've never had cottage cheese in one but I can imagine it's good.

Rae,
- What are pepperoni rounds?
- What's your electrolyte drink?

Old 05-18-2017, 03:48 PM

Great layout Shar!

Trudy,
- I"m going to try your chicken recipe.
- Who is casey?

Old 05-18-2017, 03:50 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxed4ever View Post
Vicki the trick is to stay away from anything prepared, there are usually always hidden carbs and sugar in it. Keep it natural and you will not miss the prepared foods at all!
...and to read the labels! Couldn't believe how many "healthy" things I picked up (yes, even at Trader Joe's) that were still way too many carbs, and contained sugar.

I may try your whipped cream coffee. I normally enjoy a cup or so of black coffee when I wake up (Dave has been bringing it to me in a carafe IN BED almost every morning of our married life!), but maybe after the initial wake-up "injection," I'll try one with whipped cream. I LOVE my whipped cream dispenser!

Also, I watched a video by "Keto with Kristie," and she admitted that she doesn't worry about getting enough veggies! She used to think you needed two with dinner (not sure about the other meals), but she's down to usually having just one. Veggies have never been high on my list, but I've been increasing my intake (especially since getting the Sprializer), but I may relax since I have Kristie's permission! They are, after all, our biggest source of carbs.

Vickie, the whipped cream dispenser. I got it at Costco, but it is less money at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HF0JO72...a-305459253760 You also need the chargers. It take a new one every time you reload the dispenser. Ours holds a pint of cream.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook

Last edited by SharLamb; 05-18-2017 at 03:53 PM.