Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Challenges - Archive :: > Challenges Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Default Challenge No. 1 - CREATIVE TECHNIQUES November 2013

With the departure of our own dear Ona, I have picked up the reins of the Creative Challenge this month. I’ve never written a tutorial like this before and was always in awe
of Ona’s amazing instructions that worked every time. I’ve tried to do her justice by coming up with a method to correct the colour cast of older pictures. I learned this method
from the mighty Jessica Sprague. This ties in with the Photo Challenge this month which is all about getting the colour cast right before taking the photo! However, with older photos,
both digital and film, sometimes bad cameras, bad processing and indeed age can do terrible things to the look of our pictures.

For this challenge you will need an older colour photo. I have scanned a photo, but this also works well
with early digital photos, especially if taken indoors. These instructions are for Photoshop Elements (V8 - yes, I know, I'm very behind the times), but I guess they should work just fine with later editions of PSE and full blown Photoshop. If you use something different, I'm afraid I can't help, but I'm guessing the principle will be the same whatever software you use.

Now if we’d known about white balance correction back in 1982, and I’d heeded some of my own advice as per this month’s Photo Challenge,
then I might not have ended up with this somewhat harsh fluorescent light! Go and read the Photo Challenge if you haven’t already
done so and you’ll understand what I mean.

Here’s my finished page, capturing a moment in our lives that this photo so evokes.
Sometimes it’s not about the perfect photos.

Here’s some inspiration from the Cheery-Os:

by Lilly

We can’t wait to see what you come up with.

RULES:

Scrap a page using a photo with which you have adjusted the colour cast
You must use 80% OSCRAPS products
Your page must be placed in the Number 1 Challenge Gallery by midnight PST Saturday 30th November 2013 and linked back to this thread
YOU REALLY MUST HAVE FUN!!!!

Remember to update your post in the monthly Tracking Thread to receive your credit for this challenge.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I love the O!

For this challenge I took one of the picture I've made for challenge 2: white balans incandescent ...

the correction

my page

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sh...nique&cat=1192
Old 11-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Off The Hook

I loved reading about your childhood memories of your mom and childhood home... It was amazing all the things you found in that photo to bring it all back...Thanks for sharing a piece of you...

I have a question that I hope is not as dumb a s I think it sounds... What is/was Ona's user name and what happened to her... Sure there much have been some conversation someplace , but I obviously missed it???
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Oooh, thank you for your kind words.

Ona was a Cheery-O here for many years, running challenges and chattering away in the forums. She was like a mama to us newer COs - not sure she'd thank me for that, bwahahah!!. She felt she needed to scale back on some of her responsibilities, so she's no longer a CO - but she's around in the forum. In fact I saw her drumming up support in the New Cheery-O call thread. We all love and miss Ona - she even organised a big CO get together in 2012 in London, which given that only one of the 6 of us lived innLondon was quite a feat. We all talked for hours and hours, like we'd known each other since forever.

Her screen name is Wombat146.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Off The Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Girl View Post
Oooh, thank you for your kind words.

Ona was a Cheery-O here for many years, running challenges and chattering away in the forums. She was like a mama to us newer COs - not sure she'd thank me for that, bwahahah!!. She felt she needed to scale back on some of her responsibilities, so she's no longer a CO - but she's around in the forum. In fact I saw her drumming up support in the New Cheery-O call thread. We all love and miss Ona - she even organised a big CO get together in 2012 in London, which given that only one of the 6 of us lived innLondon was quite a feat. We all talked for hours and hours, like we'd known each other since forever.

Her screen name is Wombat146.
Thank you... I knew I knew both names, but sometimes we do not get them linked together in our heads...So many of them! I hoped it was just that she had stepped down from her job here, but there was always the chance that something had happened to her otherwise... Thanks for your reply...
Liz
Old 11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Here's mine with image linked.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:36 PM
Occasionally passes by

I always thought Ona was the reason this place was the O! lol O as in Oh na!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Love the results!! Thanks for this amazing technique!

My gallery
Old 11-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Occasionally passes by

I love to play with buttons in my program...and learning the hows to them helps a ton!! Thank you Selena!
This image was from 2005, but it is actually the thumbnail to the video I took. I used the level tutorial and then blended to capture this memory! was happy to see that Liatha had a paper that I got to match the carpet to help give some balance to the image bottom, it was cut off..lol

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sh...-2005&cat=1192
Old 11-05-2013, 10:41 PM

Occasionally logs off

I needed a mojo kick and this was perfect!
heres my attempt

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sh...usins&cat=1192