Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 09-03-2019, 04:54 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, September 3

Happy Tuesday! I am in a total fake it til ya make it groove today. If I don't pretend all is well, I am will probably spend the day hiding under my covers.
I am fine, honestly. Just stressed and experiencing the underlying tension of *everything* happening in the world ATM. I go away for a few days, thinking I can unplug and reset. Again, I come home more stressed than when I left. *slaps forehead*

My parents bickered again. Not as bad as before. In fact, the kids were really feeling it on Sunday when I thought they weren't really at it until Monday. I guess my tolerance for it is higher. Then they had had the news on all weekend. Mass shooting and a Cat 5 hurricane. That sure was cheery!
Add in that I am very worried about my mom, I have no idea what the heck is going on with her but it is not good. I don't know if I am more concerned with her physical health or her mental health. She has *always* been a bit high strung, worrywart, OCD. I have never seen her like this. Anxiety attacks non-stop. She woke up in the middle of the night on Sat and yelled "something is not right!" She went to the LR and Cait stayed awake listening to her breathe to make sure that she was ok. Cait and I went shopping with her a week and a half ago and she was doing pretty well. But now, she can't catch her breath, waking in the middle of the night in cold sweats.
(BTW-- she did listen to me about coming to my house and we all drove in one car so she didn't have to be by herself.)
Basically, I have no idea what is going on- the way she explained the cardiologist appt before this weekend was that the tests were *not* a rush, but to hear her tell it to me now, it is a rush. She doesn't want anyone going to the appts with her and based on the way she was listening to *us* this weekend, I hope that she writes things down. She has an echocardiogram this afternoon and a ultrasound (?) scan of the veins in her legs tomorrow. Keep her in your thoughts, please!!

As for the kids being affected by the bickering, they don't want to go back 21 years of being up there and having a great time, so many good memeories and it is being tarnished with my parents being snippy with each other.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Last edited by faerywings; 09-03-2019 at 04:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 04:56 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I have no idea what is going on with my post! I am trying to edit it!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 09-03-2019, 05:05 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I *think* have the post correct now. It was so weird, all of a sudden it was repeating itself so I posted it so I wouldn't lose it. When I tried to edit it, it wasn't letting me. So strange...

Such is my life bwuahahaha!

On a really nice note, I had a good time with the kids. Cait and I played with the rats a lot. Scott, my dad, and I went on a three-mile hike. That was the longest I walked since the surgery and my ankle did great! We didn't see any critters other than a toad, but Scott taught me a lot about the trees, invasive plants, and some of the insects killing the trees. Hmm, maybe that wasn't so good! It was good seeing him in his element., how is that?

Today, Cait and I are taking Delia up to the vet to check her abscess. It is getting smaller but is still there. I have to catch up on laundry and then prep for food shopping tomorrow. I am going to make sure that I stay busy so I don't let my mind wander into too many difficult places. The weather is cooperating for that-- yay for dirt therapy!
Wishing all of you a lovely day!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 09-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - well the weekend is over and now the my DH is back with in teaching mode. His classes start tomorrow but today will be plenty busy as students need help registering. My son's company is going through cuts and this morning was a mandatory meeting to see who is there. Just got an email and he is safe. I cant tell you what a relief that is for him and for me. He really likes the job. As a mom I was so worried but suggested he work even harder as he was kept. So I am on my own. Last night we had thunderstorms roll through. Poor Luther just could not find a place to settle so I was up late with him. Having a gorgeous day in NJ and feel guilty with all the horrible hurricane news.

Chris I am so sorry about your parents fighting! I am sure it is not fun for the kids. I am sending positive thoughts for your mom. Shame on her for not taking you with her to the appts. A second ear is needed to make sure nothing is missed. I hope on your trip to the shore you can help her calm down. Good luck to your kids on starting school!

Waving to all!
Old 09-03-2019, 08:45 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning ladies... well finally I am back here at the O and happy to be posting here first thing in the morning again! A gorgeous day here, not a cloud in the sky and we sat outside and watched a spectacular sunset last night! It took our minds off of all the bad that is happening out there right now! Today the grands are all off to school, except for Hunter, but he starts day care tomorrow, so Heather will get a break from the boys and get some of her course done that she is taking now. So much to catch up on here and lots of photos to scrap of course, so I will just take it one thing at a time and hopefully will be able to fill you all in on my very busy summer! So for today I will tell you that my first week was spent with just Isaac and Sadie here. We had a lovely time together and went to the pool and had fun in the lazy river. They made friends with some of the neighbour kids and spent almost everyday outside. Isaac however would much rather have just sat outside and read his books, that boy has a real passion for reading. We did lots of shopping downtown and wandered around the shops. Of course Grandma had to buy a few things for each of them . The day we went to pick up their Mom and Dad at the airport the kids were so happy to see their parents, they had been away from them for over two weeks as the other Grandparents had the kids on Salt Spring Island with them before they came here. Jason and Jackie managed to get the house pretty much in order after the move from Toronto and they were busy with the pool being put in also. Anyway that was my first week of busy time with the kids. More to come tomorrow .

Chris - I am so sorry that your Mother is going through whatever is happening to her!! Sounds like there is definitely something strange going on with her! I will for sure keep her in my thoughts and send healing vibes out to you all! Sad that your Mom and Dad have ruined the good memories for the kids too, hopefully they will feel like returning one day! Sounds like a lovely hike that you and your Dad and Scott went on and how great that your ankle held up so beautifully! I hope that all goes well at the Vet today with Delia, seems you spend a lot time visiting the Vet . Enjoy your dirt therapy today!!

Well I need to get some coupons handed out for the August challenge winners and then I hope to actually get some scrapping done myself. Going for lunch today with Isaac and Sadie's other grandma and her friend, she called last night and asked if I wanted to join them, so that will be nice! Have a great day ladies!!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 09-03-2019, 08:47 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Hi Nancy we cross posted!! Happy to hear that your son will be spared the axe at work! What a relief!!! Poor Luther, sorry he had such a bad night with the Thunder, hopefully you can both catch a nap today

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot