Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Resources :: > Need Help? Ask here!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Ask here! Ever wonder how someone did what they did? Check here, if it's not here, ask!

Old 10-19-2019, 09:54 AM
Outta This World!

Default .abr files no longer compatible with 64 bit processors

As Apple will soon be transitioning to total 64bit processor compatibility, I know that my .abr files (and I have tons of them) will no longer work on my MacBook Pro. Apple's "cure" for this is to contact the developer.

Is there any discussion at OSCRAPS about updating these files, or has anyone discovered a workaround?
Old 10-19-2019, 07:06 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Hi Jodie, I haven't heard anything, but I will PM Vicki Robertson as she is an Apple girl. I don't use Macs so totally in the dark.
Old 10-19-2019, 07:40 PM

Official Occupant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodegaard View Post
As Apple will soon be transitioning to total 64bit processor compatibility, I know that my .abr files (and I have tons of them) will no longer work on my MacBook Pro. Apple's "cure" for this is to contact the developer.

Is there any discussion at OSCRAPS about updating these files, or has anyone discovered a workaround?
Hi there. I’m a designer at Oscraps and have been using a Mac for 15 years. I’ve already upgraded to the new OS (Catalina) and you’re correct, it only supports 64 bit applications. That does not apply to ABR files, which is simply a file type, it only applies to applications. All of my ABRs open just as they always have and I’ve made several sets of ABR files without issue.

I’m not sure where you got that information but I haven’t seen anything at all that mentions problems with ABR files - I’d be interesting in seeing what you found.

Prior to upgrading, I followed the instructions in the lower portion of this article to see which applications I had installed that would not be compatible - you probably want to take a look. For me it was only scanner drivers, which Epson updated as soon as the Catalina was installed. There are one or two issues with Photoshop CC that Adobe will addressing in upcoming update. But that’s all I’ve found so far.

Let me know if you have any questions.

https://setapp.com/how-to/apps-that-...macos-catalina
Old 10-19-2019, 07:48 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Thanks Vicki!!! I just KNEW you would have an answer! xxxx