Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Archive :: > Event Archive > 2019 - 12 Days of December Daily Challenges and Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2019, 10:11 AM
Off The Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy the O' Elf View Post
It's so interesting to read you.

I would like to invite you all to dinner on Christmas, but I would be far too busy distributing gifts around the world, and knowing you with your loved ones makes me happy.

Otherwise I'll ask you why you scrapped, and why you love Oscraps and all the awesome designers and cheery'Os?
Oh, thanks for (not ) invitation Buddy, we know you are busy, so we forgive you for no time for diner.

I scrap because of the compliments. I'm so grateful, appreciate and makes me very happy when someone take time to left comment on page I'm created. Before to came at O I scrapped only flowers photos and art journal pages, but here I found real friends and felt more comfortable to share pages from my life and on my kids/cats/.

Even when I found tired from scraping I can't stay away for a long because of the lovely cheery'Os and the other girls at the Daily Ooo's. In their face I found friends which I love more than almost every other friends I have at personal! Thank you girls!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:13 AM
Elaina/aka Nightshadow
Obviously Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerywings View Post
I always think about this. Right now, I would loooove to have Elizabeth Warren for dinner. Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris and Tammy Duckworth will also come. Without getting into a political discussion, I admire them so much for being smart, strong, intelligent women.

They are all "firsts" in some ways.
Michelle Obama - the first African-American First Lady, Kamala was the first African-American women to run for President. Tammy was the first to be allowed to bring her newborn onto the Senate floor, she is also the first to give birth while serving as a Senator. There is video of her rolling into the Senate Building with her DD in her arms which makes my heart happy. (she is in a wheelchair after losing her legs when her helicopter was shot down in Iraq). EW designed the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for the Obama Administration, as she jokes, gave "birth" to a federal agency to help consumers.

Food: I would actually have a potluck. I would like them to bring a dish that they love, one that means something to them. I want to ask them what memories the dish brings, why it is important to them. I would love to see what different cultures would be represented. Kamala is the DD of Jamaican and Indian parents, Tammy was born in Thailand and lived all over SE Asia as a child. Michelle is from the South Side of Chicago. Warren grew up in OK, different culture form where I am in NJ!

I want them to bring their kids and dogs. I want laughter and discussion. I want plans and ideas, hopes and dreams. All manner of things, but mostly about what *women* can do to make this country and world a better place.

Doesn't that sound inspirational?
Love everything about your choices, except one, I'm not on the list of invitees!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:35 AM
O is my home!

My dinner guest would be Queen Elizabeth the first. She has always fascinated me. I've read all the books that have been written about her, fictional and factual. She had to be so wise, careful, cruel when it was necessary but not just for spite. She wanted to be loved for herself but it wasn't possible. She lived to make her kingdom a more peaceable one but didn't hesitate to rally her forces when threatened. She inspired great loyalty and great hatred and was one of the most influential woman of all times.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:43 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

wow, lots of guests, here,
going to read it all right now!

Old 12-08-2019, 11:42 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Alyce Keegan, I googled here, she makes great art!
and markers and pencils? my house is filled with those, we (Maya mostly) can never pass a store that sells them!

online teaching! the www makes our world a lot smaller. Hope you get to meet your students in real life!

that sure sounds inspirational Chris, a group of women that could make this world a better place! a perfect christmas thought!

celebrating christmas with beautiful chansons and eating galettes, sounds like a wonderful thing to do!

that would be great, I have met some O-scrappers in real life and I can tell you, it is so much fun. even better than online!

I just googled the Australian Sheperd and the Hartnagles, looks like they all wrote books on the subject.
and don't forget about special dog treats!

It is great to meet a designer, and I would also like to know if she looks like her kits? girly, lots of flowers and lace?
and don't forget to show her pictures you need to scrap with the kit she could create for them!

I did not recognize that name, but when I googled the face that showed up was very familiar.
It says: "It was a face that didn't have a care in the world, except mischief" and that is a perfect description.

another person I had to google.
Christmas seems the best time to invite a pastor.

3 hours may seem close to you, in our country you would be abroad in 3 hours. I think scrapping is a wonderful way to do something
totally different from your daily job/life.

Tom Hanks indeed looks like the man nextdoor, a down to earth person. Maybe if you ask him, he would come and bring his wife!

I bet you are welcome everywhere you go, Buddy!

a reunion of old friends, that is a good excuse to bake your special cake!

that bake off show is so much fun, we watch it here too!
my baking skills are non existent so he would have to bring something good!

okay, four generations older, you are excused. wouldn't it be great to compare life now and then?

a party with visitors and food from all over the world, sounds like a perfect christmas time to me!

that way you can almost recreate that holiday feeling, hope you try your recipes!

I am "meeting" so many new celebs throught this thread and google.
and I see they are on Netflix, so something to check out for me.

I know these 2 only from their acting as vampires! a cross over of 2 shows! Glad they are much better persons in real life!

Queen Elizabeth I
I only know her from those beautiful portraits. Would love to ask here if she is proud of her successors? esp. Elizabeth II

Old 12-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Official Occupant

Some interesting choices, it was fascinating to read!

I'm really not in the mood for Christmas or Christmas dinner, and my first instinct was to reply no one, but for the sake of the game, I'll say Pomme. It's a French singer I discovered recently and I love the poetry in her lyrics. I'll probably never get to see her sing (she started a tour in France, but I can hardly justify a trip to France just to see her live!), so I'd have her around and she could sing her songs for me. As for dinner, it'd probably be something simple, I'm sure singers don't eat big heavy meals before a concert
Old 12-08-2019, 12:16 PM

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGranny View Post
I would love to invite my fellow scrappers to dinner, especially those of you who live far away. I am in awe of the beautiful layouts you exhibit every day and would enjoy hearing what inspires you, how you work, and maybe even watch a page come together. Can you just imagine the chatter?
We might never have time for food, and I'm "retired" from cooking, so dinner wouldn't be elaborate, but maybe some of you could bring traditional Christmas treats from your part of the US or the world. I think we would have a delightful evening!

Hope I'm part of these lucky scrappers

I scrapped for : OSCRAPS
Old 12-08-2019, 12:19 PM

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01lousmith View Post
Some interesting choices, it was fascinating to read!
I'm really not in the mood for Christmas or Christmas dinner, and my first instinct was to reply no one, but for the sake of the game, I'll say Pomme. It's a French singer I discovered recently and I love the poetry in her lyrics. I'll probably never get to see her sing (she started a tour in France, but I can hardly justify a trip to France just to see her live!), so I'd have her around and she could sing her songs for me. As for dinner, it'd probably be something simple, I'm sure singers don't eat big heavy meals before a concert

I have never heard about her... But my daughter knows her.
I have to listen her on you tube....

I scrapped for : OSCRAPS
Old 12-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

I think I would invite some birders I've known for decades but don't see often anymore. I think it would be fun to roast a goose with my Mother-in-laws old directions that I've never had occasion to use. Of course the talk would be birds, changes in the natural world, trips we've taken birding, and birders we remember.

Old 12-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Thanks for the fun game. I so enjoyed reading everyone's choices.

English Major here, so I would invite 3 authors/writers.

F. Scot Fitzgerald because his precise style of writing lets the reader imagine the dark undercurrents in his work. I would ask him if he thought he squandered his talent.

Molly Ivins who was a legendary reporter, columnist & humorist who live in my home town of Austin, TX. She personified smart, sassy Texas women. Because she has a large field to choose from, I'd ask who the smartest and dumbest Texas politician ever. More about Molly:
Ivins's pithy assessments of politics and life at large crackle with broad Texas humor. Combining her talent for culling information with her razor-sharp wit, she throws a powerful knockout punch. Whether one agrees with her or not, Ivins's pen pierces both the brain and the funny bone.

Last be not least is Barbara Kingsolver. She's both a scientist (she has a Master in ecology and evolutional biology) and an author. Her prolific work intermingles both of her worlds, a very rare feat in today's literary world. I met her when she lived in Tucson, AZ—she was wearing purple high top sneakers—my kinda gal. I would ask her what her most important cause was and why. She has many, so I'd like to hear her answer.

I would serve cocktails of course:
-old school ones like a gin rickey for Fitzgerald
-bourbon for Molly
-something with organic spirits for Barbara

I'd also serve a mixture of fancy and comfort food hors' de overs. Like jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon and White Castle sliders.

Then I'd sit back and watch the fun.

Last edited by zlemon; 12-08-2019 at 04:26 PM.