Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Archive :: > Event Archive > 2019 - 12 Days of December Daily Challenges and Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2019, 10:36 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default **WINNERS** DAY 8 - Who is coming to dinner? | GAME

Welcome to Day 8 of our December event.

Today we play a game so you can catch up on your scrapping of the previous challenges.
It is easy to play, just answer the question: Who is coming to dinner?

Tell me who you would like to invite over to your house for the holidays, and why?
What would you like to ask your guests or what would you like to cook for your guests.

It can be (almost) anyone you like, but no family members.

I'll go first.

I am a big fan of the Australian Masterchef program, so I would
like to invite the judges Gary, George and Matt over for Christmas dinner.
Now that they have stopped as hosts of that show they should have time to come, right?

I am not a great cook, so I will not ask them to judge my food, but I would like to know
some things about the show, like

Do you have favourite candidates ?

or Do you spot the winner early in the program ?

or Do the candidates surprise you afterwards, by being more succesful cooks than in the show ?

or What happens to all those leftovers ? So many bottle/products are opened but not completely used ?

or Do you bet who will be the winner ?

So, my question for you: Who is coming to dinner?

PRIZES:
- Winner 1 - $10 to Manu Design Studio
- Winner 2 - $5 to Idgie's Heartsong
*All prize coupons will be distributed after the games and challenges are closed at the end of the month.

and the winners are:

1 (the winner $10 to Manu design Studio)

Celestine

2( the winner of $5 to Idgie's Heartsong)

Hildy

RULES:
- Tell me who is coming to dinner and why

- This game closes at PST 11.59 pm 13 December 2019

- Create a post in the 12 Days of Christmas - TRACKING THREAD to keep track of your completed layouts/games participation.
(We will select our Grand Prize winners from this thread, so create a post now and remember to keep updating it throughout the month! )

In order to be eligible for any of the Grand Prizes you need to have completed all the challenges and participated in all the games (12 in total).

Grand prize rules here https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38717
Tracking thread here https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38697

Last edited by Madi; 01-14-2020 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 AM
On my way!

I would love to invite Alyce Keegan for Christmas dinner. She is Australian and a fabulous coloring teacher. Love her classes and the way she cares about people.
I am not a great cook either but I think that is not important. I would love to talk to her about markers and pencils, to ask when did she decided to create her company and why and stuff like that.
I´m sure this would be a very pleasant evening
Old 12-08-2019, 04:28 AM
Occasionally logs off

I teach English online with VIPKID to Chinese students early mornings. It's an immersion program so I don't know any Chinese. I've been doing it for a couple of years now and I have a few regular students that I would love to meet so they are the ones coming to dinner. I am actually teaching a few of my favorites this morning! Amy, Allen, and Will. We will probably have to extend our visit beyond dinner. Amy is so busy with homework and lessons that she never has any fun. I would take her to a concert and shopping. Allen is a motor head and loves cars. I would show him my dad's cars (one restored, one not) and take him to one of the car shows that my parents liked to go to. Will is my favorite and I would introduce him to my boys. I would have them swim together. I would show him our city and we would eat many different international foods. This was fun to think about! Thank you!
Old 12-08-2019, 05:27 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I always think about this. Right now, I would loooove to have Elizabeth Warren for dinner. Michelle Obama, Kamala Harris and Tammy Duckworth will also come. Without getting into a political discussion, I admire them so much for being smart, strong, intelligent women.

They are all "firsts" in some ways.
Michelle Obama - the first African-American First Lady, Kamala was the first African-American women to run for President. Tammy was the first to be allowed to bring her newborn onto the Senate floor, she is also the first to give birth while serving as a Senator. There is video of her rolling into the Senate Building with her DD in her arms which makes my heart happy. (she is in a wheelchair after losing her legs when her helicopter was shot down in Iraq). EW designed the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for the Obama Administration, as she jokes, gave "birth" to a federal agency to help consumers.

Food: I would actually have a potluck. I would like them to bring a dish that they love, one that means something to them. I want to ask them what memories the dish brings, why it is important to them. I would love to see what different cultures would be represented. Kamala is the DD of Jamaican and Indian parents, Tammy was born in Thailand and lived all over SE Asia as a child. Michelle is from the South Side of Chicago. Warren grew up in OK, different culture form where I am in NJ!

I want them to bring their kids and dogs. I want laughter and discussion. I want plans and ideas, hopes and dreams. All manner of things, but mostly about what *women* can do to make this country and world a better place.

Doesn't that sound inspirational?

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 12-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Outta This World!

Et bien moi je suis fan de Laurent Voulzy et d'Alain Souchon depuis très longtemps. Deux auteurs compositeurs et interprètes français. Ce sont deux personnages différents mais très copains et complices dans l'écriture et la composition,mais surtout très simples des gens comme vous et moi . Je sais que l'un deux adore les galettes bretonne , donc ce sera une cuisine bretonne pour un jour et pour l'autre , le lendemain une cuisine des îles .J'aimerai aussi discuter sur le comment naît une chanson et comment s'y prennent ils, le côté technique des studios des tournées.Un week-end de poésies , rempli de douceur et de bien vivre !
Old 12-08-2019, 06:22 AM
Marie-Claire

Off The Hook

moi j'aimerai inviter à diner quelques scrapeuses que j'admire particulièrement ! ce serait formidable de discuter de nos pages prérérées, des logiciels, de nos designers préférés, nos différents styles et idées ...
et si on a le temps, et si on a pas trop bu, passer un moment devant un ordinateur, regarder naître une page sous les doigts ....
Mais je crois qu'on parlerait tellement, toutes en même temps, que ce serait un chaos total !

I would like to invite to dinner some scrapers that I particularly admire! it would be great to discuss our favorite pages, software, our favorite designers, our different styles and ideas ...
and if you have time, and if you have not drunk too much, spend a moment in front of a computer, watch a page appear under the fingers ....
But I think we would talk so much, all at the same time, that it would be total chaos!

Marie-Claire aka Clin d'oeil | My Blog
My Blog
| My O'Gallery My O'Gallery | My Pinterest : My Pinterest |
My FB My Facebook
Old 12-08-2019, 06:25 AM
Ursula
Outta This World!

I love dogs, especially the Australian Shepherd breed. So I would like to invite somebody of the Hartnagel family, one of the first and most important breeder of Aussies, preferably Carol.
I would cook sliced veal of Zurich style and Rosti. We would talk about Aussies and I have a lot of questions about the history of the breed and the working dogs.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:00 AM
Outta This World!

I would invite Manu from Manu Design Studio. I have been on her CT for years and feel as though I know her but I would love to meet her in person. I would ask her what inspired each kit? What she designs first, the elements or papers? I would love to sit and chat about the cultures of our countries, how they are the same and how they are different. It certainly would be a dream come true to meet this lovely person.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:04 AM
O is my home!

I'd like to invite Alfred E. Newman ( of Mad Magazine) to pick his brains and find out all about him.
I'd cook him some Superman veggies and Trump roasted meat.I'm sure we'd have lots
of laughs and a really good time.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Off The Hook

I would like to invite Charles Stanley over for dinner, we watch his broadcast every Sunday and he's so inspiring as a pastor. His hobby is photography and I would like to glean some tips from him as well as ask him about his passion for God. For dinner I would have a traditonal ham with all the fixings.

MY GALLERY
MY BLOG