Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:47 PM
O is my home!

Default Supplements

As long as you eating a balanced organic diet this should be enough for your body, but many nutritionists (and Dr. Oz) will insist that, in our modern, GMO-ridden times, we simply can’t be healthy enough without incorporating Supplements into our diets.

So I'd love to hear your opinion about supplements, but also vitamins, digestive enzymes, detox kits and various other powders and potions. Pharmasy or (better) natural/ bio.

Did you use it for some condition like insomnia, menopause, spring fatigue and ect. ? And most important what you think for the results of them?!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:49 PM
O is my home!

My own opinion is:
I just loved the taste of Vitamin B12 which is given for worry and anxiety, but actually I don't saw the effects which I expected, changing of job helped more.

My sister just swears that Ashwagandha is the best for chronic fatigue,nervous exhaustion, anxiety, arthritis pain, and memory loss etc. All sounds good, but it have a taste of sand on a windy day. I just can not overcome the strange tastes.

Which remind me for Noni Juice which toning and analgesic action and also stimulates the ability to concentrate. The second best friend of my mom says that it has completely changed her daily lives, but again it have awful taste for myself.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I think that if you are eating the right foods then you should not need supplements. I must be doing something right, because my last blood work test showed that I was not lacking any vitamin. Hooray!! I remember reading a study once (I can't remember where) that supplements have never been proven to actually work.

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-30-2017, 11:40 PM
O is my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxed4ever View Post
I think that if you are eating the right foods then you should not need supplements. I must be doing something right, because my last blood work test showed that I was not lacking any vitamin. Hooray!! I remember reading a study once (I can't remember where) that supplements have never been proven to actually work.
At first, congrats for your excellent health, Trudy!

About second I'm read this to, it was in medical journal, but it sounds too much like info influenced by a pharmacy business. Personally for myself I prefer to trust on doctors which reputation I can check, like Dr. Oz, Dr. Papazova and ect. which says that especially for cases where drugs makes addiction like trouble sleeping, emotional conditions or chronic pains, herbs are helps better from years.
Save
Save

Last edited by felis; 01-30-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:59 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Unfortunately, Lyme Disease robs the body of certain elements, such as Magnesium and B Vitamins (esp. 1, 6 and 12). I take magnesium every night, and I try to remember the B's and Vit D in the morning. I also take turmeric which is very good for inflammation and with my Rheumatoid factor always so high, it is another beneficial supplement.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-31-2017, 07:45 PM
O is my home!

When we talk about seriously condition, there don't have many space for experiments.
Do the doctor told you exactly which pharmaceutical manufacturer you should use, Chris, or how you choose which is the best?! I mean here have so many. And do they have effect, what is your opinion? Hope very soon to can left all this behind your back!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:45 PM

Outta This World!

I have heard the values of Tumeric and would love to hear from those of you that have tried it. I suffer from inflamation in my knee from time to time, as well bas some back problems and am interested in Tumeric. Thanks
Old 02-02-2017, 06:35 AM

O is my home!

I use turmeric in my diet as well as take Curcumin. I've dealt with high blood pressure, diabetes and joint pain for years. I have, with my physician's approval, gradually gone off all my meds and am on all natural now. My blood pressure 2 yrs ago ranged from 150s to 160s and this past week was 122/72. My glucose is within normal range finally. When I have an occasional joint pain or headache I use only Tei-Fu. I also have a friend who is a medical scientist who gives guidance on what to take. I was on prescription vit D for years and my blood levels were so low (below 15 for over 8 years) and would not come up. I started taking all natural Vit D supplement and this past week my level was 23. The highest it's been! So I'm going in the right direction with that. I take food grade Diatomaceous Earth as well to help with joints and helping with nutrients absorption and toxins release. I know these don't work for everyone, but for me they have worked and I'm thankful. Of course, I also walk at least 3 miles a day and try to eat healthier. I don't push all natural on anyone. I'm just telling my long winding journey!
Old 02-02-2017, 01:46 PM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Danesa, those are fantastic numbers! Good job! The Diatomaceous Earth- that is good for detoxing? One of the worst things about Lyme -- ok, one of the MANY bad things about Lyme is that many of us can't detox well, and many people have heavy metal build up and sensitivities to molds and chemicals. Add in high doses of abx and herxing and we are recipes for disaster. We have tried ACV for detoxing, lots of fluids, Epsom salt foot baths but having one more thing in the arsenal is always good.

Felis- I have had good luck ordering from Piping Rock and Puritan's Pride online. My local "guy" swears by New Chapter but that gets expensive. The one thing we will splurge on is a good probiotic that we get from the Lyme Drs office. I cannot remember the brand however but I do know that it has 11 (maybe 12?) different strains which she says is much more important than the amount of live cultures per dose.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 02-02-2017, 01:47 PM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Sharon- I try to take a turmeric capsule every day, but if I can only do 4-5 days a week I am happy. My hubs thinks that he can take one here and there and it will help but it doesn;t work so well that way. Go figure.

I heard you had to take Turmeric with Meriva because the body doesn't really absorb turmeric. It requires the Meriva to help with absorption.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Last edited by CourtneyDesigns; 02-24-2017 at 09:15 PM.