Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 01-14-2020, 06:45 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Tuesday, January 14

Happy Tuesday to you all. I hope that everyone is doing well. I feel a million times better than I did yesterday. The dogs slept like normal dogs, whatever that means, last night. haha. I also think that I might have forgotten to take my bedtime meds on Sunday which could have made my sleep so poor. I have been taking Neurontin for years at bedtime b/c of the Lyme and nerve issues I was having. I see my LLMD next month and I want to tell her that I am ready to come off of it but it needs to be stepped down. If that insomnia is what it is like going cold turkey, I want none of it.

I struggled my way through the day but I did it. Whew!! I am 99% done with my online food order. This will be my last week of having an excuse to do it online. But I will gladly trade the boot for the ability to walk and grumble my way through the supermarket.
The highlight of my day was helping Caitlyn brainstorm a bit. She is writing her personal essay for the Grad school application. She is a fantastic writer but was struggling with writing about herself. We had a heartfelt convo about her strengths and weaknesses and how they shape her gaols and skills today and in the future. It made me really proud to see how far she has come and what a fantastic social worker she will be.

Today is more of the same- tidying the house a bit, finishing food shopping, and some stuff around here.

have a fab day, O-Fam!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-14-2020, 07:01 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Yikes, I just looked at the clock and it is way later than I thought. I better do quick personals so UI can get the day started.

Kay- have a great time at the Luncheon today. Are you going to bring your cane just in case?
Cait is thinking about recording my mom telling stories so future generations can get the "full" Grandma experience.

Nancy- what an exciting weekend for your team! Lots of wins as well as big changes in mgt. I hope that the team continues to play well.
My MIL loves Sedona- says it has great vibes. I know you will have a wonderful time and how fun to have your sister there too!
Sunday night when I went to bed, it was still 72* in the house. We had windows cracked and everything. What a shock to have it so cold yesterday. I will take every day above freezing that I can get and I am thrilled that we are getting 2-3 extra minutes of daylight every day too.

Trudy- You must have gotten a decent amount of snow if you had plows come through. Sorry that you were stranded in the house. and even sorrier that you have to bite your tongue so as not to say "I told you so" to your Gary.
It is not a matter of nice letting my dogs steal covers and hog the bed. It is that they are dead weight, especially J. She is not nicknamed "Brick" for nuthin' hahaha!!!

Rae- I saw that you were able to get a couple of pics of the birds in the snow yesterday. Did Taz have a great time running around in it?

xoxo!!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-14-2020, 09:41 AM

Occasionally logs off

Quick in and out this morning. I slept a bit later until after 7:30! Of course that could be because I read until almost midnight last night!! Then had to stop and announce winners for the 12 days of December Challenge 1. Congrats to all the winners. I know there are some happy people today!!!
Have to get my shower and get ready for the Red Hat Luncheon. Suppose to be sunny and mild... maybe around 40 at noon... so think I will wear my purple cape. Just hope the wind stays down.

DD#1 came over for coffee yesterday and we had a nice visit. Thank goodness she is feeling much better and the scratchy throat is cleared up.

Chris, what a great idea Cait had to record your mom's stories so she will have the 'full experience' when listening to them. Hope you can taper off the Neurontin without many side-effects. Bummer that you had a problem with sleep the other night. DH was on that for his restless arms and Diabetic nephropathy. Hope that it won't be long until you can be out of the boot and doing your own grocery shopping instead of doing it on-line.

Nancy... a trip to Sedona!!! how exciting.

Trudy, enough snow for needing a snowplow come through the neighborhood!!! Shame your DH didn't have snow tires on his vehicle so you were stranded at the house. Amazing how adjusted we become to having our 'own' vehicle to go and come as we wish. Think you are wise to bite your lip and not say "I told you so" to him!

Gotta run... CYL
Old 01-14-2020, 10:19 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning and busy. I had a doctor's appt to check blood pressure and get abx for teeth cleaning today. Well I got there early so they could change insurance cards. Well turns out his 8:30 appt did not show so I got in early. Then the appt did show up and they took my so it all worked out. I was home in 45 min. Plus the fact that my blood pressure was the best it has been in a while. We both think due to my more exercising. I was so happy! Came home to find my DH was still here (bathroom issues ) but I was able to get him to the train station in time for the train. Then went to pick up prescriptions and of course there is a problem. Turns out the Walgreens had filled my prescription even though I was proactive and told them to cancel. But they were quick in cancelling and my new pharmacy was able to fill. The time on hold though was the pits. But it all worked out! Now this afternoon I go for teeth cleaning. My DH says please get the cost of dentist visit from last year and I say I already got it. He says get it again I said no I know it is here and of course it is. Did he even look no. As Trudy has been saying MEN. Tonight I go out with my girlfriend and her daughter for dinner. Looking forward to that! Last night was Blue Apron and it was a great burger with a cool sauce but the side dish was not my cup of tea mushrooms and shishito peppers. But do like burgers. My new pan the boys gave me is awesome! Got another square done on my afghan so that is great. Will continue working on that.

Chris glad you slept better and the dogs were good. How nice to brainstorm with Cait for her application. And she should record the stories. I am sure you will be glad to get that boot off!

Kay have fun at your luncheon. You will look fab in your cape! Glad your temps are recovering. We will have windchills in the teens by Friday morning! I like Chris am glad for this bit of January thaw.

Rae Taz looked so happy in the snow! Have fun today with more pictures and hikes.

Trudy wow if a plow was needed in the neighborhood you must have gotten a real snow fall. Seems like your main guy did the same thing last winter with not putting on the snow tires. Sorry you are stranded. I hated that most with the knee surgery the not being able to go where I wanted when I wanted. Hope to the door gets fixed and you find the parts. Also did you see Marchand miss on the shootout - I have never ever seen that. And yes I was happy with my Devils.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-14-2020, 11:22 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning ladies... it is another snowy day and brrr, it is very cold this morning! Sure hope the weather changes before we head over to the mainland for our little getaway! We have a few heaters going along with the heatpump just to get this darn house up to a nice warm temp! I had to thaw the hummingbird feeder a few times yesterday and will have to keep my eye on it again today. I really need to find my other one so I can just switch them out. I actually got a layout finished yesterday and hopefully will do another today, I am still stuck at home as DH has the CRV.

Chris - Glad that you are feeling so much better today and nice that the dogs did not hog the blankets etc . Hope that you are able to stop taking your Neurontin it will be so good for your body to not be on any meds!! It makes me so happy to think that your Lyme seems to be under control and hopefully it is gone for good!! I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that it is! How nice that you can help out your smart girl with her essay! I think that most of us struggle to try to say anything positive about ourselves! She will make an awesome social worker!! Ugh the snow is really coming down again, so I will soon have to get the shovel out

Kay - Nice that you got to sleep in a bit this morning! I was up at 5:30am with DH, just could not sleep anymore, but have been face timing with DD and Hunter for most of the morning. I need to get my winners announced right away too! I bet you will look stunning in your purple cape today! Enjoy your luncheon!!

Nancy - Wasn't that just the strangest thing watch Marchand missing the puck like that!! WTH!! What a disappointing loss for us! They just seem to have no get up and go anymore! Ya sometimes our men are so frustrating!! But darn it we love them . Yes frustrating to be stuck at home, but not sure I really want to go out in this awful weather anyway. Still looking for the right part for the door, not having much luck so far. Oh well.
Hope you enjoy your night out tonight!

Alright ladies it is time to hit the shower soon, but first I need to get the winners of the Avatar challenge posted and coupons sent out. I hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-14-2020, 12:09 PM

Off The Hook

Good morning, ladies. This morning is the coldest day this year. Luckily I have a hummer warmer on the feeder so the birds can still get at it. I put lots of seed out for them yesterday and will do so again today to make sure they are all eating. They were scarce yesterday, probably off somewhere trying to keep warm. We might get another dump of snow over the next few days but then it'll start to warm up, above freezing. What a crazy winter we are having.

Had some surprising news this morning. One of my friends on FB told me that one of my photos is the January page in the Port Coquitlam Calendar. I had completely forgotten I had sent that in over the summer for submission to the 2020 calendar. I had never done that before and didn't expect anything to come of it. But they did use it. So everyone in Poco will see my photo for January, credited with my name. That is so cool

Chris - yes, Taz is loving the snow. We were out for about 3 hrs yesterday. I got a lot of photos. He wants to be out there all the time. He's already bugging me to go out.

Kay - enjoy the luncheon.

Nancy - enjoy you dinner out tonight. What new pan did you get?

Trudy - what crazy weather, eh? The weather will start to warm up after tomorrow so hopefully you will be ok for your trip.

I'm getting off the computer now so I can go feed the birds. Have a great day everyone.