Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: The Haps at Oscraps :: > ==> What's new at the O
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

==> What's new at the O Find out what new designs hit the store lately! Check out the latest sales and specials!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Default December Designer of the Month: Carla Gibson

The lovely and talented Carla Gibson is Oscraps Designer of the Month for December!!!

Check out her incredible designs HERE

I've had so much fun getting to know Carla over the last few months. She has such an incredibly kind and generous spirit and is so talented! I though you all might like to get to know Carla a little better, too. So, I asked the Cheery O's come up with a quick list of questions they would llike to ask designers. And, they did. And, here are Carla's answers...

Username and why?
Username is cggibson. Nothing special just my initials and last name. Something I was sure to remember!

Tell us a little about you and your family? married? kids? work? etc
I am a WAHM. I love traveling, photography, scrapbooking and being with my family. I have a wonderful husband, George, who I've been with for almost 20 years and we've been married over 15 years. We have a beautiful daughter, Taylor, 16, who we officially adopted in April of this year. We've raised her most of her life and finally had the opportunity to officially adopt! We've lived in the midwest most of our lives.

When did you start scrapping, why and who/what do you scrap?
I started scrapping in October 2005. I had just gotten Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and was restoring some photographs and was googling for tutorials and came across Digital Scrapbooking sites. Wooo, I always wanted to do scrapbooking but it was so expensive. This was something different, more that I could do on the computer! So I downloaded some freebies and started working on the tutorials that I had found and I've been hooked every since. I usually scrap my family and mostly my daughter. She loves when I finish layouts and print them off for her book. One of my goals in the near future is to re-do her baby book and have it printed off into a hard bound book. Just something for her to always remember how much I love her!

What do you consider the most fun thing you have ever done?
I've done a lot of fun things! But a special time for me and my family is when we decided to save as much money as we could in two months time. We took off for Montana. We didn't really have a plan just go until we got there. We went to South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. We had the best time just wondering the countryside. We saw a lot of beautiful places. That was the most fun we had had in a long time!

Do you collect anything? If not, what would you like to collect?
I love Christmas ornaments. I collect all kinds. My favorite is a stick Santa
that was given to me by my best friend. I also collect rocks. My Dad got me started on that when I was young. So if we are out exploring and we find a really cool rock, I'll bring it home and put it with the rest of my stash.

What is your favorite simple pleasure?
Tucking my child into bed each night. There's something about laying down with your child at the end of the day, rubbing her back or just having girl talk. I used to read to her, but she's way too big for that.

What is your favorite pair of shoes and why?
Well I am not into shoes at all. Some people have purse fettishes (my mom), and some have shoes. I've never been into either one. But I do have a favorite pair of shoes, shoes that I don't wear too often, but I love the feel of them and the looks of them. They are my Columbia hiking boots. Go figure....I'm an outdoorsy kind of person! my second favorite pair would definitely be my flip-flops!

What magazines do you read?
I read a lot of scrapbooking magazines: Digital Scrapbook, Memory Makers, Creative Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks, Legacy, Sommerset, Take Ten, and also Popular Photography, and Photoshop magazines.

What is your favorite quote?
Well I have three that I really like:
I don't know who the first two are by though.

1. Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

2. You may search my time-worn face, you'll find a merry eye that twinkles. I am not an old lady just a little girl with wrinkles!

3. I am aware that I am less than some people prefer me to be
but most people are unaware that I am so much more than what they see - Douglas Pagels

What is your favorite treat?
Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha with one squirt of hazelnut syrup! Heavenly blissful!!!

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 12-01-2006, 06:22 PM
txmom2two

I enjoyed reading about you Carla! I really do enjoy your designs and look forward to your future creations, and getting to know you better. Beautiful photo and layout
Old 12-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Occasionally logs off

Congrats Carla
I luv learning those facts and getting to know you better.
Maggie
Old 12-01-2006, 06:30 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Isn't she pretty, y'all! Such gorgeous eyes!

I forgot the credits on the layout....
Papers: Carla's Let it Snow - Through the Woods available here
Template: my Slightly Off (vol 1) - coming soon

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
O is my home!

congrats carla! your designs are beautiful!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Only just got here

Carla is gorgeous inside and out. She totally deserves this honor and I hope it's a great month for her!!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:35 PM
On my way!

It's so fun to get to know you better, and I'm so excited to scrap your stuff this month!!!!!

My Oscraps Gallery

Old 12-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Occasionally logs off

Congrats Carla! I loved learning more about you!
Old 12-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Occasionally passes by

Congratulations on being Designer of the Month Carla! Love your interview... great to read and Ooh that white chocolate mocha sounds good! I've been having heaps of fun working with your Christmas kits this month too - they are gorgeous!
Old 12-02-2006, 01:43 AM
Occasionally passes by

Congratulations Carla, it's great to read a bit more about you

Sony Cybershot DSC-H5/Fuji FinePix 40i
Paint Shop Pro 9