Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Resources :: > Need Help? Ask here!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Ask here! Ever wonder how someone did what they did? Check here, if it's not here, ask!

Old 02-11-2016, 04:18 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Default How to Link to a Layout OR Product to a Forum Post - Updated March 19 2019

Hi there, a couple of people have contacted me to ask how to make their layout 'clickable' after they have posted it in a thread. Hope this helps

These steps can be used to either get an image from the store or the gallery and then link them (so that people can just click on the image in your post and be taken to the store or gallery).

Important: First make sure your settings are correct: Go to User CP (top left hand corner on brown toolbar)>Edit Options>Make sure the last setting on this page "Message Editor Interface" is set to the "Enhance Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" Option.

Note: Have two browser tabs open, one with layout in the gallery OR store product and the other tab with the post you want to copy it to.

1. Go to the gallery or the store and open your layout or a product.

2. For a layout: At the bottom of your layout, under Additional Information you will see the Direct Link box. Highlight and copy this link (CTRL+C) OR use the right click method as shown for a product image below (an image is an image )

For a product: Right click on the product image and select the Copy Image Address (Chrome browser) - you may have different wording if using another browser.

3. Navigate to the post where you want to put the layout or product image. Click on the 'yellow mountain' icon and paste the copied link (CTRL+V) into the box that opens and then click OK.

It will look like this, with [IMG] code at the beginning and [/IMG] at the end, whether it is a layout image or product image:

That is all you need to do to post an image of a layout or product into the forum.

LINKING A LAYOUT OR PRODUCT IMAGE:

To LINK the layout or product image to either the gallery or store, continue with these steps:

4. Highlight the entire link so it looks like this (once highlighted it will be blue in colour):

5. Go back to the layout in the gallery or the product in the store and copy the URL address at the top of your browser. Simply click on it to highlight it and then use CTRL+C to copy.

6. Go back to your post. Make sure the entire code is still highlighted! Now click the LINK button on the toolbar, the "Blue world with a chain link" symbol.

7. Then paste (CTRL+V) the URL link in the box that pops up and click OK.

8. You are Done! After posting your post, when you hover your mouse over the layout or product image, you will now will see the 'little hand' symbol to indicate that your page is 'clickable'. This allows other people to click on it to go straight to the gallery to leave some love on your page or go straight to store to see the product!

Totally Optional: PREVIEWING YOUR POST

If you want to preview your post before submitting it:

You can always check to see if your links and images are appearing before you post.

At the bottom of your Edit screen click the Go Advanced button

Then click the Preview Post button. The preview appears but if you want to change anything, scroll down to the bottom to find the Editor screen.

After any changes you make you need to click the Preview Post button to see the changes.

When you are happy with everything you can then go ahead and click the Submit Reply button to post in the forum.

Hope this helps

Last edited by wombat146; 03-18-2019 at 11:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

This is awesome Ona!!! Such easy to follow instructions!!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 02-17-2016, 01:55 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

Ona, I haven't tested your method yet with Anna's FB groups, but when I used the link below the photo, I only get an image in FB that IS clickable but not to the gallery with credits.

I want people to see what I've used also so...how do I do that?
PSE15/Lightroom?PSCC/iPhone6 IS my camera!/27" iMac
Old 02-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do Maureen, so I might be misunderstanding, but I don't think Facebook posts are going to work the same way as posting in the forum here at Oscraps. Ona's directions are for when you are posting something in a thread here at the Oscraps forum and you want that picture to be clickable and take you to your layout in the gallery.

Are you trying to upload something to Facebook and make it link back to the gallery here at Oscraps?

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy
Old 02-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Obviously Obsessed!

Thanks Sara. I was hoping that, in Facebook, I could use 'copy image address' to add the gallery full image and have that link back to the gallery. Nope. I do know how to make a linkable image in many forum galleries.

The only thing that seems to work for me is to upload my full image (ha FB, you're getting a big file!) and then say...For Credits (and insert the url address from the top of the page.) I don't see any simple way to make my photo be linkable itself in FB.
PSE15/Lightroom?PSCC/iPhone6 IS my camera!/27" iMac
Old 02-17-2016, 05:03 PM
Ozone's Official Oracle

Got it! I haven't tried to do that in Facebook. Maybe someone else has an idea!

Sara

~ Wonders never cease, if you never cease to wonder. ~ Ziggy
Old 03-07-2016, 03:01 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Maureen, not sure about that in FB either. I guess the only thing you need to think about there is if you are Hotlinking from the O to Facebook. Sara would know more about that but I would think that linking from the O to anywhere else in digiland would create a Hotlink, ie, using Oscraps to 'host' the image at the other site. Perhaps Sara or Vicki might clarify that?

Hope you are keeping well Maureen! xx
Old 05-06-2016, 06:33 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Just bumping the thread in case someone needs it
Old 05-07-2016, 06:24 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Always a good topic and tutorial to keep alive. Thanks so much Ona!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 08-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Outta This World!

Thanks very much for this instruction. I'm going to bookmark this page! What I haven't caught onto is adding the challenge name to the link. Is there a special field that i need to use, and where is it? I'm sure there's an article in the forum that tells how to do this, but I can't find it