Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:12 AM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I made a quick and simple bread-ish type of snack today. I say bread-ish b/c it is not quite bread but it had a porous firm texture kind of like bread. This is a microwave mug cake that you mix all ingredients in a coffee cup and then microwave for 90 seconds. When done, it slipped easily out of the cup into a small bowl where I poured some Torani sugar free syrup overtop (cinnamon brown sugar flavor). It makes a single serving, 5 carbs. You could also slice it, which I will do next time and put a fried egg overtop.
  • 20 grams almond flour
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 10 grams butter
Definitely trying this!!

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 06-05-2017, 11:11 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

SPICY JICAMA STRINGS

Watch this video to see how to Spiralize the jicama. I found it easier to peel it just using a paring knife and my fingers. The skin tends to just peel off (not perfectly) once you get it going. After watching this, I plan to use a big bigger blade. I was surprised to see her do the whole thing at once.

* See note at bottom of instructions

Pre-heat oven to 415º.

Peel a large jicama, and slice in half so it fits on the Spiralizer. Cut enough off the ends so they are pretty flat and even. Spriralize, using a blade that is pretty small (like you'd use for zucchini spaghetti). Cut the strings into 3 to 4" lengths.

Spread the jicama strings onto a large baking sheet. I put my Silpat on the pan to reduce the chance of sticking.

Drizzle olive oil over the strings and toss to coat.

Sprinkle with salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper and chili powder to taste (I went too heavy on the chili and cayenne the first time). Toss again.

Bake 15 minutes then flip (yeh...like THAT ever works), and bake another 10 to 15 minutes, keeping a watchful eye. I burned my first batch.

NOTE
I haven't tried this, but the recipe I'm using offers instructions for crisper strings:
Before baking, blanch the strings in boiling water for a minute, then spread them in an even layer and bake at 450º. I'd REALLY watch them with the temp that high!

These are SO YUMMY...a great side dish with almost anything.
My Gallery
Instagram
: lambcrops
My Facebook

Last edited by SharLamb; 06-06-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Had this for supper last night oh my gosh so very yummy!! I added sliced fresh mushrooms to the garlic and chicken cooked in butter. Not sure I would cook the zoodles in the microwave next time, but rather lightly sauté them first with some butter and spices.

INGREDIENTS
3 zucchini, ends trimmed
2 Tbsp. butter
2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
1 tsp Kosher salt

1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
¾ cup cream
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
PREPARATION
Using a spiralizer, spiralize the zucchini into thin noodles. Microwave the noodles for two minutes,
then drain any liquid.
Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken, salt, pepper, and garlic until garlic is
starting to brown and chicken is cooked. Add the heavy cream, Parmesan, and parsley, stirring
until evenly combined. Bring to a boil, then stir until the sauce has reduced by about half. Remove
from heat.
Toss the zucchini noodles in with the chicken mixture, and stir until the noodles are coated evenly.
Serve with more Parmesan, if desired!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 06-06-2017, 07:53 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Trudy we had your chicken recipe tonight and it was AWESOME! A TEN for sure. I didn't have any zucchini in the house, so used Miracle Noodles instead, and again, we loved them. I would serve this to company! I printed it off, and it's now in my KETO recipe binder.

I ordered Kristi's cookbook today...pricier than I expected, but I really like her, and trust her recipes. My only hesitation with her is that both of her children are kind of chubby. I don't get that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2meL2pPcUE
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 06-06-2017, 08:13 PM

Definitely will try that Trudy.

Tonight, y'all, I bought a drive thru pizza and just pulled off the crust and ate the toppings. It was delicious and wonderfully fast foodish and made me very happy.

Shar, maybe her children aren't keto or gluten free?

Old 06-06-2017, 10:51 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Vicki, Kristi includes her children in the prep, and she fixes meals that the FAMILY enjoys. She has at least implied they are Keto Kids!

We've done the "scrape the goodies off the crust" for pizza too...I even did it at Costco. YUM!
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 06-08-2017, 12:02 PM
Sharron
Ozone's Official Oracle

Low Carb Waffles (pancakes too?)

In a blender, or mixer combine

4 eggs
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp. maple extract (optional, but I suggest doing it!)
2 tsp. vanilla
a dash of cinnamon (optional..I did not use it since I like my waffles to taste like maple)
1 to 2 Tbs. sweetener

Mix or blend thoroughly.

Add
1/4 C. coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbs. melted butter

Mix again.

If it seems too thick, add a little cream, or if making pancakes, add some cream to thin the batter down a bit.

Spray waffle maker with coconut oil cooking spray.

It took about the same amount of time to cook these as it did when I used Aunt Jemima waffle mix. But when they are done, they're not crisp. I lifted up the edges with a fork, then slid a wide spatula under to lift out of the waffle maker.

Toppings:
Sugar-free maple syrup
butter mixed with maple extract and sweetener
Whipped cream with berries
Sugar-free jam

Be sure to count the carbs in any toppings you use.

They're NOT traditional waffles, but they are good. Even DH liked them and wants me to make them again. Next time I may try making blueberry pancakes. I would NOT put blueberries in the waffle maker, as I'm afraid they would stick.
My Gallery
Instagram
My Facebook
Old 06-14-2017, 07:48 PM

Official Occupant

Low Carb Tacos - pretty amazing!

I used Taco Bell Season mix from the market because I like the blend of seasons. 1 pkg for each l lb of ground beef
http://healthyrecipesblogs.com/2017/...ow-carb-tacos/

Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I make this awesome Easy Cashew Chicken meal for DH and myself at least once a week! DH loves it and so do I, really quick and easy to make, with so much flavour and just a bit of heat. I know that Cashews are not really Keto friendly, but there is only 1/4 Cup of them in the whole dish. You could make it without the Cashews, but why would you . I usually serve this over a bit of Cauliflower Rice. Yummy!!

Nutritional Info...

NUTRITION (per serving) Serves 3

Calories: 333.3cals
Fat: 24g
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 1.3g
Protein: 22.6g
NET CARBS: 6.7g

Ingredients
3 raw chicken thighs boneless, skinless
2 tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
1/4 cup cashews
1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper (I use yellow or orange peppers)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp green onions
1/4 medium white onion
Salt + Pepper

Heat a pan over low heat and toast the cashews for 8 minutes. Toast them until you start to see some browning. Remove and set aside.
Dice chicken thighs into 1 inch chunks. Cut onion and pepper into equally large chunks.
Increase heat to high and add canola oil to pan.
Once oil is up to temperature, add in the chicken thighs and allow them to cook through.
Once the chicken is nearly fully cooked. Add in the pepper, onions, garlic, chili garlic sauce and seasonings(ginger, salt, pepper). Allow to cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cashews. Cook on high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency, There should not be a lot of liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.
Serve in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil. Enjoy!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 06-16-2017, 02:32 PM

That looks amazing!