Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 01-11-2019, 04:37 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Friday, January 11

Brrr! It is very cold here in NJ- 17* and it isn't expected to get much warmer. W needed to go outside at 3 am and my poor Raynaud's destroyed hands were so angry at me. They got so cold even being outside for 5 minutes. Then went to that burning, painful phase after coming back in. I know that a bunch of you who have Raynaud's know exactly what I am talking about. They still don't feel right even several hours later.

My mom came up and we had a nice time browsing through TJ MAXX. I found a mattress cover on clearance I am going to make sure that it fits on my bed and then wash it today. We had a nice time chatting at lunch- my Dad's hip is very bad and I think that she is worried, even though she comes across as bossy- telling him what he needs to do for it.
Scott texted us when he landed and I am OK if he doesn't text again for a while. I think it will be very good for him to get away from "real life" and that he and Leah can reconnect as well.

Cait and I are dropping her babies off at the vet this morning at 8 and will be able to pick them up before the end of the day. I know that she is worried, but the vet has so much experience with rats that she is as comfortable with him and the process as she can be.
We were playing with two of them and it is so apparent that their personalities are solidifying. Olivia is the independent one, Tatania is the laid back one, and Cordelia is the crazy one. You literally cannot hold on to Cordelia if she wants "out." The entire time, she was running all over my head, shoulders, arms, onto Cait and back again. Meanwhile, Tatania was snuggled as far into Cait's hoodie as she could be. Olivia didn't want to come out and play/be held and stayed in her little fleece hammock in the cage.
Send them good thoughts if you can, please-- and some calm one to Caitlyn

That is about it from me, I should get in the shower soon since we need to be ready to leave here a little after 7.

Hugs!!!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-11-2019, 05:00 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Kay- emotional days are so draining- I am not surprised that you slept so long. That is good that you are going to the potluck, what did you end up making? NJ might get hit with some snow this weekend but it looks like it will stay south of me. *fingers crossed* Hope that you made it home well before it started up by you.

Nancy- yay for the hockey game, good to get out for something fun-- did the Devils play well? 32* in Phoenix sounds absolutely horrid for them. That is much colder than it has been here the last week or so. I am happy that is in "only" BP, that is easy enough to take care of.
That is something to ponder-- will Luther be unhappy staying home most days after you are recovered? -- that boy just might get very spoiled at daycare!

Trudy- between you and Kay- your bodies sure are telling you that you need that rest. Your day sounded like it was very hectic, I hope that yesterday was a bit calmer, or at least less scattered with different things going on.
I had a very hard time when I transferred back home when I was in college. I had lived on campus one year, and off campus for 2. Then to move back home and commute when I was 21-- it was really hard on me and my parents. I try to get Scott to see that I understand where he is coming from but he can be stubborn (like his dad! ). We will get there...
Me too-- I am for the DG next book!
Rae- you have an air fryer, right? I keep seeing all of these meals and recipes popping up on FB using it. I wonder if it's something that I would use too? I have so little room in my kitchen so anything that I get would have to be 100% worth it.
Good luck with the yoga ideas- I should make more of an effort to start that again.

Hi Kythe! Welcome to the Ooos! Joey is a sweetheart! My Jaida has patellar luxation and had knee surgery when she was a year old. She takes Dasaquin to help maintain and rebuild her lost cartilage (her knee was so bad that it was bone on bone, poor thing!). Has your vet suggested anything like that? We also give her a fish oil capsule mixed in her food every day at his recommendation. Our dogs are all allowed on our sofa too, they are much bigger than Joey (much smaller than Luther!) but we love snuggling them even if they take up a lot of sofa space.

OK-- time for me to get going -- even as I am running late, I think I am going to have to shower when we get back. One nice thing about winter is that I am usually way too cold to sweat

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-11-2019, 07:21 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - well my Devils lost 4-2. The last goal was an empty net goal. I did not go to the game as my son was not going and his wife was sick. I am not overly disappointed as they gave up 3 goals in the first period and on with just seconds left in the 1st period. Am impressed at the fact they did score but the Maple Leaf #1 goalie is injured and I am not sure he would have let those in. My DH decided to cook one of the Blue Apron recipes and he was pretty funny. But in the end he was thrilled with the taste. He is also loving his weekly box from Graze. They are tasty and he has 6 choices.

Chris sending good vibes for the rats. I love your description of their personalities. Hope that Scott likes rain sounds like CA is getting soaked. Glad you had fun with your mom!

Trudy and Kay sounds like sleep has been great for you. Hope it keeps up.

Trudy enjoy the painting. FaceTime has to be such a joy for you and Heather. Makes distance shorter!

Kay that is the pits about the internet! Hope the construction is done soon. Forgot days ago to say that you are so lucky to be near Bosque. I think I would be down there every week. My favorite kind of park where you drive to bird watch.

Hi Kythe. Your doggie sounds so cute! Sorry about the hip problems. But he sounds and looks so happy!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:13 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning ladies... I am finally feeling like a human being again and not a big mound of mucus!! Ewwww!! I think I went through a whole box of Kleenex yesterday. Had another good sleep last night so I am grateful for that! Got a page done yesterday too, so will try to get that posted this morning! DH and I watched our Bruins lose to the Capitals last night, it was a disappointing game and Saturday they play the Maple Leafs. So Nancy I hope the Devils at least wore the Maple Leafs out last night so we can perhaps defeat them! Today I need to do a bit more on my painting project and hopefully sometime this weekend we will get to see my nephew and his family visiting from Australia. I have not wanted anyone around me lately, do not want to spread this cold from hell to anyone!!

Chris - Sorry you are so cold in your area, but what the heck were you doing outside at 3am?? Yes I totally understand the pain of your Raynaud frozen fingers! Ouch!! I am sad to hear that your Dad is hurting so much with his hip! Sure hope that he decides to get the replacement done soon! WTG on the shopping Karma! Hope the mattress cover fits! Sending your little rats and Cait of course some calming vibes, hope all goes well! I am happy that Scott and Leah are going to be able to reconnect and hopefully they will have a wonderful time together!

Nancy - Those darn Maple Leafs!! I think that perhaps it was good thing that you did not attend the game, it would have been a long walk in bad weather for a disappointing game! We receive our free "GoodFood" meals today sometime, we got 3 free meals, because of the gift that we gave to Jason and family for Christmas, 3 people got free meals so Heather also got free food, she had her last one last night and she absolutely loved them! So now I have a good idea as what to get her in the future for a gift . Does your Blue Apron offer free food? I think it is a great marketing idea, also for every delivery you do they contribute a nutritious meal to a child in need in school! I love that!

Rae - How fun that you and B are working on a canvas together! Perhaps suggest to her to look for a photo of something that she likes and get some inspiration from that? If she has started with a water type effect on her canvas then perhaps she should add some mountains in the background or some clouds in the sky? Or go totally abstract and just throw some splatters on the canvas and see what happens . That's the beauty of Art, there is no wrong way to do it! Enjoy the process!

Kythe - Welcome to the daily O's its nice to see you here! Another beautiful B.C. person, that makes 3 of us now. You, Me and Rae! how nice is that! Your little Joey is a cutie, sorry that he has the hip problems though!

Kay - Sorry that you are still having internet problems! That must be so frustrating! What a shock to find that your pot luck meal was not happening! At least you will have some food for future meals in your freezer? Too bad someone did not let you know about it beforehand! Hope that your temps have warmed a bit and that you do not have too much snow to deal with!

Ok I have been blowing my nose so much that now I have a headache Off to get some tylenol and another cup of coffee. Have a great Friday everyone! Stay warm and Healthy!!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Off The Hook

Good morning, ladies. Got up early this morning, got a coffee and watched another episode of How To Get Away With Murder. Then read my book for an hour. What a great way to start off my day. D just got up now. I think he might go back to the hospital today. His back is not feeling any better.

I've got chores around the house and work won't be too bad today so hopefully.

Tomorrow Jen and I are excited to go to the gluten free expo downtown. We'll be heading out just after 7:30 a.m. so you won't be hearing from me tomorrow.

Chris - I love my air fryer. I've got the 6 QT and you would need the 8 QT. Tonight I'm going to cook cauli and broccoli with oil, spices and nutritional yeast and will BBQ some burgers. Hope C doesn't worry too much about her rat babies today, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Nancy - how nice that your hubs made dinner. I know you get Blue Apron but is Graze a similar company? I didn't know you got 2 of them.

I'm getting to work now so I don't fall behind, in case I have to leave for a few hrs, as D might go back to the hospital today b/c he's not feeling much better.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 01-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Off The Hook

Trudy - we were cross posting this morning

Glad to hear you are over the worst of it. Boy, that is a nasty virus!

Let us know how the meal delivery is.

I'm going to pin a few inspirations for B and I to look at and we might watch a few youtube videos before we get started on our painting project together. No matter how it turns out, it will be fun and I'm sure we'll be laughing all the way thru it.

Sending you healthy vibes.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:54 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Rae, hope that your hubs is going to be ok! Have fun laughing with B! Got my meal delivery already this morning, just a few minutes ago. You should see the size of the Tiger Shrimps they sent They are humongous! Wish my tastebuds were working better so I could enjoy the flavor better! Anyway I meant to post this earlier this morning but here is the finished Santa board that I did, finally got it done just in time to put away for next year .

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-11-2019, 11:17 AM

Outta This World!

Grrrr... internet has been down twice already this morning!!! It is due to road construction nearby. Whenever they disconnect then reconnect the utility lines it goes out. I get mine via my cable company and it is super fast which I love. But the construction will be going on for another year. Just hoping that once they get past the road leading down to where I live soon and maybe that will stop the off/on/off all the time. Yesterday was the worse so far... at least 7 times that I knew of... and I was gone for 3 hours during the day!

It is rainy today... no snow as it is too warm. It is in the mid-40's. But the high humidity is playing havoc with my arthritis so I am feeling it all over. Getting "more mature" sure has some draw-backs. I call it the "Rusty Years" as my body has some rusty joints. Going to take a hot shower soon and that might help the aches some.

Need to install the replacement cable box in DH's office and make sure it is working properly. I may end up replacing the one in my bedroom as they now have a new type box with no access card which means I don't have to reboot it at least twice a year.

Chris... wow... that is cold! Sorry you had to wake up at 3AM for that potty-call. I don't have Raynaud's but my arthritis in them gives me fits. They stay cold most of the time so I even wear gloves in the house when I am reading as I can't keep them tucked under covers then.

My DD#1 has an air fryer and loves it. She made pinto beans and ham hock last week and gave me a dish of them.... yummy!!! She did barbecue beef a couple of weeks ago .... oh, my word!!! So tasty!!!

Trudy, so glad you are feeling better finally. Hope you are feeling more like painting again. What medium are you using? Oils are my favorite although I do acrylics, watercolor, pastels and other drawing mediums.

Hey, Kythe/Karen... great to see you posting here. Pop in and say HI more often, gal.

Ooops... there it goes again. Off.... will wait to see if it comes back on in a few minutes.... <<< grrr >>> it is back up so posting this quick.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Outta This World!

Popping back in -
This is an oil painting I did for my parents 40th anniversary. When we moved Mom here, I got it back. It now hangs in my dining room.

I lost my folder with all my art projects photos... think I need to take digital photos of them so I have them.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:13 PM

Outta This World!

Kay, that painting is lovely. Water is a tough one to get a realistic look. It is nice that you have it now and have it hanging up.
Trudy, I do love your Santa. Just think it will be a fresh treasure for 2019 Christmas.

We just got our new sofa-bed delivered. Now I find that I have to get special sheets for it because of the way it is constructed sheets cannot be tucked under the mattress more than 3 inches. I looked the cost up on line. the cheapest set was over $300.00 US for 200 count cotton. yikes! I think I will be putting my sewing skills to work and alter some sheet sets I have. What an annoying thing to have to do.