Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Resources :: > Need Help? Ask here!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Need Help? Ask here! Ever wonder how someone did what they did? Check here, if it's not here, ask!

Old 02-20-2020, 07:34 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Talking Forum versus Gallery Signatures

I have had a couple of questions of late about why our signatures in the forum and gallery look a bit different.

There has been a glitch in the gallery ever since it was upgraded a few years ago. If you would like your signature to look a bit better, there is a way around it, using some creative thinking.

Below you will see an example of what my signature looked like in the forum and gallery before I reformatted it.

In the FORUM it looked like this:

In the GALLERY it looked like this:

The main difference to note is that the actual links themselves (highlighted in yellow above) appear differently in the GALLERY signature. My green smiley emoticon is not displaying properly and the link title "MY GALLERY" does not appear either, only the word [ link ]. Notice also that the word [ link ] is appearing on the same line as the two blinkies. The link to my gallery is working okay, it's just that the link title text itself is not displayed.

WORK AROUND:

I played around with my signature today and have come up with this:

In the FORUM it now looks like this:

In the GALLERY it now looks like this:

When I reformatted my signature I made three small changes:

1. Instead of the emoticon, I typed in : ) (with no space between the two keys of course) to get the smiley face. As it is Font based I knew that would show up okay in the gallery.

2. I deleted the MY GALLERY (text + link) and retyped the words MY GALLERY on the same line as my name (Line 1).

3. I then typed in the word LINK and embedded my gallery link to it. The capital LINK text doesn't appear in the gallery, but the word [ link ] is displayed so it virtually looks the same as the one in the forum.

Hope that helps those people that would like to fix their siggies to look better in the gallery, and by all means if you would like to use the same format as mine then please go ahead!

A tutorial on how to create your signature from scratch can be found HERE

If you have any questions then please ask away here

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Siggy in gallery at the O.JPG (16.3 KB, 16 views)

Old 02-20-2020, 11:46 PM
I love the O!

Thank you for the info Ona ... we only can see one image ... we only see the image 'in the gallery it looked like this ...'