Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Entertainment Zone
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Entertainment Zone Welcome to all things entertainment related... Come chat about what your currently reading, binging, listening to, etc...

Old 01-05-2019, 12:26 PM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default What are you reading in 2019?

I used to follow all of the book recommendations in the past threads about this. I also used to be on GoodReads.com a lot too. Technically, I am still on there, I just don't keep anything up to date anymore.
But I am always searching for new books and authors so let's discuss what your favorite books are and what you are reading now and then next.

I hadn't been reading much this past year, not anywhere as much as I used too. Over the summer I started re-reading the Harry Potter series (again!) and am halfway through Book 5. For Christmas I got the Michelle Obama autobiography, "Becoming" and I love her so I love the book. (I just got the point where she meets Barack-- not a love at first sight story ) If she is even half as sweet as she is in the book in IRL, she must be such a great person to be around. I admire her so much.

When I am done with this, I am not sure what I want to pick up next.
So-- tell me, what are you reading?

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-05-2019, 01:00 PM

Occasionally logs off

I've started with A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini.
I love to read, and I loved the Harry Potter books. Must have read them 6 or 7 times .
Time always is an issue, there are so many books in my bookcase I still have to read, and then all those new books that come out.
Michelle Obama's autobiography is on my list. I definately want to read that, but first I will read Down to the woods by M.J. Arlidge. It's the 10th novel he wrote about Helen Grace and I've been looking forward to it for a long time now.

Creativity is intelligence having fun
Albert Einstein

Old 01-06-2019, 01:31 AM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I love the Harry Potter series too. I read them a long time ago.

I got the book "David Bowie A Life" by Dylan Jones for Christmas. I think that's the next book I'll read.
Old 01-06-2019, 03:06 AM
I love the O!

I will start with 'My brilliant Friend'
the serie was on the Belgian TV and it is oh so beautiful ...

Old 01-06-2019, 05:25 AM

Occasionally logs off

i am in the midst of re-reading "Full Disclosure" by Dee Henderson. I will be going back to re-read the whole O'Malley series plus her military and detective series. I have the whole collection except for the last 2 books. Will see about getting the missing ones sometime in the near future. "The Final Shadow" by Kay Hooper is out now so hope to pick it up this week.

I am a voracious reader and like a variety of genres from mystery, romance, detective, fantasy, science fiction and suspense. I don't watch much TV - but spent time reading instead. I am always looking for new authors.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:56 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I am poking around GoodReads, Kay.

Kay Hooper has a bunch of different series, is there one that you would recommend to start with first?

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-06-2019, 08:06 AM

Occasionally logs off

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerywings View Post
I am poking around GoodReads, Kay.

Kay Hooper has a bunch of different series, is there one that you would recommend to start with first?
To really get to know the characters, I would start with the first book in the "Bishop" - Special Crimes Unit series...Stealing Shadows. She usually writes in a group of three books with connecting titles. Stealing Shadows, Hiding in the Shadows, Out of the Shadows... for example. These are about FBI agents with PSI abilities. She also has a lot of romance books - most written before she started the Bishop series. I like them and have many of them in my collection.

If I find an author I like, I will go their website and print off their book list. I like to read most books in the order they were written. I can use the list to keep track of which books I have and/or which books I have read.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:15 PM

Off The Hook

I am a spy novel junkie! haha I'm just starting to read Red War, by Kyle Mills (Vince Flynn) It's the latest in the Mitch Rapp series. I was heartbroken when Vince Flynn died, in 2013, but so glad that Kyle Mills continued the series.

Another book, I get to start reading, which comes out in two days, from one of my favorite authors, is The First Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington, by Brad Meltzer.

And, for fun...my girls loaned me their Harry Potter Series (I gave them haha) so I will start reading those at night, so I don't scare myself with my spy books. haha Of course, I may get scaredy cat with Harry too. haha I know I'm probably the ONLY living person who has not read a Harry Potter book yet. Getting ready to remedy that.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:15 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesa View Post

And, for fun...my girls loaned me their Harry Potter Series (I gave them haha) so I will start reading those at night, so I don't scare myself with my spy books. haha Of course, I may get scaredy cat with Harry too. haha I know I'm probably the ONLY living person who has not read a Harry Potter book yet. Getting ready to remedy that.
OMG! You are going to LOOOOOOOVE them. They need to be read more than once. You will pick up things from Book One that reappear in Book 6 or the groundwork for something is set in 2 and then isn't seen again until later on. She is brilliant!

Fun family story: I got the last HP Book on preorder- the day it came was a Saturday and I had plans to take the kids to the lake to swim. We got there, I sat down with the book and told them "Don't drown."
I read that book in 2 days!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-07-2019, 08:05 AM
I love the O!

do you read paper books or on an e-reader or ipad?