Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 03-30-2020, 07:01 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Monday, March 30

My *big* gratitude today is that I have to look at the calendar to write the Daily Ooos. How else am I going to be able to keep track of the days? I can't tell you how many times I woke up last night trying to figure out what day it was. Why my brain felt it *had* to know at 2 am, 3 am. 4.30 am... I will never comprehend.

Here is our breathing today.
Drop your shoulders, loosen your jaw. Deep breath in through the nose. Hold..... and realllllly slowly out through the mouth. In through the nose... hold a sec... and release..........

I didn't have a very good day yesterday. Not that anything went wrong, no bad news. It was just at the end of the day I was angry that I got nothing done. It was an entire waste of a day. Sure, I did laundry and dishes. Put the dress I was going to wear on the cruise back into the attic. That was a bummer. I thought I was going to make burritos last night, couldn't;t be bothered. It was just a dreary blah day. And yup that made me angry at myself.

Today I am resolving to do something. I need to have some projects. Today, I am going to clean the DR walls and then use the oil-based primer to cover the stains. I will let that dry overnight and then tomorrow I can paint. It is just three half-walls, no ladders needed. My ankle is safe.
(still have to figure out what to make for dinner!)

My "real" gratitudes:
-coffee
-my family, I heard the kids laughing loudly at something last night after I was in bed
-that I have the paint in the house already or I wouldn't go out to get it

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 03-30-2020, 07:15 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Sharon- sure rub it in that you have wonderful weather!
How has DH been feeling? OK so far? *fingers crossed it stays that way*
CONGRATS on your grandson!!! It must be so hard to be able to see him, but someday soon, I hope! I bet that your DD is sending you lots of pics and vides.

Nancy- I think that the weather here is part of my crummy mood. We got such a treat last (???) week and now it is just cold and damp. The cold air makes my lungs hurt and along with my allergies, every time I cough I freak out a tiny bit heh.
That is fantastic that you are able to order out locally. My mom said that she wanted to buy something for us for Easter (not that we celebrate but that is how she is) and I said that if she wanted to send me some money, we could order something for easter dinner and have it delivered/curb pick up. It has to feel good to your family that you are able to give back to the community that way.
I can't imagine what the state's budgets are going to be like. Not good that is for sure. Yeah, it really stinks that college kids don't get a cent. We have to claim the kids as dependents so they can get health insurance, the large majority of students wouldn't be eligible for unemployment since you have to work FT. yet this group of kids has expenses too, what are they supposed to do?
How is Season 5 of Outlander going? Just as good as the other seasons? It is going to be a long wait for the DVDs

Trudy- I am sorry that you have been in a funky mood. as you can see, I am in the same boat. I think that we are all going to cycle through these days. I am glad that you popped in, even just to let us know what you are going through. You are not alone!

Rae- that is good to hear that J is hanging in there and sleeping a lot. The rest has to be the best thing for her. I am glad that Taz is cuddling with you so much. he has to make you feel good! Sending you hugs.

Love to everyone.... we might not feel it right now but we got this!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 03-30-2020, 09:48 AM
Off The Hook

Good morning ladies. Had a quiet night of watching NCIS LA. Love the characters on that show. Today and tomorrow will be busy workdays as both docs are doing video/telephone consults. Not full days but close I think.

Not going anywhere today, just a walk with Taz later. Organized a few clothes drawers this morning. I seem to be better at breaking down chores/organizing if I just do it for a few minutes and then come back to it later. D is pretty much glued to his chair. I don't know how he can sit there day in and day out, not really doing anything except watching videos on his ipad, working on crosswords and watching the android box. At some point I would think that would get boring. It'll be interesting to see if he starts getting up and doing stuff. I'm curious. He's never had weeks at at time with no work and not going out to socialized with his buddies/family. If I didn't get out for some fresh air every day or two I would go bonkers. I'll have to start finding small projects for him to do soon to get him up and moving around.

Haven't started a hand weight routine at home yet so might focus on that this week. I've been eating more carbs and gained 6 lbs so far so need to exercise more and try to cut back on the carbs again. It's hard tho b/c I usually pop out every 2 days or so for fresh produce and I'm not doing that now, wanting to limit how often I go into a store. I also caved and started eating some junk food (chips, nachos) but have stopped that now. That is a habit I do not want to pick up again.

I needed that time to indulge a bit but I know I feel better with less carbs, less junk....so I'm getting back to my normal routine(ish) today. Lunch will be a big salad with avocado, tomatoes, artichokes and beets with yogurt/dill/ranch dressing. No more take out (we've been doing that a lot too lately).

How about you all? How has your schedule/eating habits changed or have they?

Chris and Trudy - I'm with you, feeling funky and out of sorts. I'm going to make an effort to clear my head and make the best of things, not focusing on what ifs and what the future will be for us all. It'll drive me crazy so I'm not watching the news much now, I'll let D do that, he seems to be obsessed with it. I can't, it depresses me.

I'm getting to work but it felt good to start my day off with a little chat with you guys. I've not got a stress headache today, that's a good thing. Talk later...bye.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:55 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning ladies... I am in a much better mood today! I have had a nice face time call with our Son, DIL, Isaac and Sadie last night and everyone is doing well. The kids are somewhat bored, but have been busy sewing cute little baby yodas and they are even making one for me This morning I chatted with Heather and the boys and all is well there too! Of course it is hard to keep the kids busy, but hopefully the time that I spend with the kids helps out a bit! Yesterday DH and I went for a nice hike, there were only two other couples out and we were keeping lots of distance from everyone! We discovered this beautiful little waterfall and will be going on this nice little hike again! It was not too far from where we live, who knew it was even there The waterfall will be gorgeous in the winter months when the water flow is greater! Trying not to listen to the news too much today, it just stresses me out. I sold another set of coasters and matching trivet yesterday. I delivered it to their door, rang the bell and left . It is good to just keep in contact by phone or txt messages! I have some behind the scenes things to do today but hope to scrap a page with the photos I took on our hike yesterday.

Chris - Thank you for the breathing exercise this morning! My shoulders were tight and this helped! I think that we are all feeling much the same way, not feeling like we are getting much accomplished and having a hard time concentrating on any one thing! I am mad at myself for not getting flour and vegetable oil so that I can make DH's mini banana loaves Guess it is something he can do without for a week. I do not want to venture out to the store for just two things. I hope that you get your project done today and then you will feel like you have gotten something accomplished !

Rae - I am in total agreement with you and watching my DH sitting around doing nothing all day long!! OMG how can you do that?? At least part of his day yesterday was spent in front of the computer and getting the taxes done. That is taken care of at least! Then I made him get out for a hike as the sun was out for a bit yesterday afternoon. The day before he spent most of the day in front of the TV Yes it is harder to not eat more carbs and probably not because we are hungry, but because we are bored. I don't have a problem with that until my DH is home for the weekend and all he seems to want to do is have coffee and a snack to go along with it. Really?? I have gained a few pounds since summer, but I think because I am not chasing around the grandkids and now not swimming or hiking either. I really need to watch the carbs too!! Perhaps it is a good thing that you are getting at least a bit of work to do to keep your mind off of other things! Glad that you do not have the stress headache today! Sending healing vibes to your daughter today!

Ok I better get into the shower and then get back here to do my month end things! Have a nice day ladies and stay healthy and stay home!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 03-30-2020, 11:53 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good day - well I agree that things are just not right and for me it is having my boys home during the day. They are busy in their own spaces but still when I want to go to those places they are there. There are more messes in the kitchen as they eat breakfast and lunch at home. My DH is learning new technology so that is stressful for him. My son is missing going to the gym and his job required movement but not now so he is I am sure gaining weight. So it is weird. Had fun watching a class taught by Anna Aspnes. I think I am now inspired to scrap again. I have plenty of photos from each month so that will be fun. But first I have to get stuff on my hard drive. Not my favorite stuff to do. Watched Outlander and it was the best episode of the season. Trudy what did you think? Today we got Luther out for another nice walk. It is to a park with a pond and there in the middle of the pond was a male bufflehead. I have not seen one locally before so that is pretty cool! I am going to have to start bring my binoculars as spring is here and the birds are moving. Talked to my sister and here job wants her to work from home since she is over 60. They have the computer set up and now have to set up at her place. She is not sure how she will adjust. My DH was awesome and went to the grocery store for us. He went late in the senior time frame and said actually the time to go was just after the senior time ended and before the young are up and moving. Thought that was pretty funny. He did not have a problem finding anything but did not look in the paper isle so not sure if there or not. He is cooking tonight so that too is sweet.

Chris thanks for the breathing. Always good to relax. In these times I think you and all of us need to cut ourselves some slack and realize that you don't have to do something every day. Hope you make your burritos. And so glad that your kids are laughing!

Rae so sorry to hear that Jen has the virus. Glad that it is just a mild case! Good for you both for calling each day. Sending good thoughts and hugs. I am a good sitter but I need to be able to get out and walk for sure. I am glad I have Luther as an excuse to be outside walking. Have fun on your walks. And yes it is easy to eat more.

Trudy congrats on finding the waterfall. That is awesome that you and your MG got out. I think getting out is so needed! Sounds like lots of good FaceTime. How fun!

Waving to all!
keep taking care!