Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Chatter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chatter Here's the spot for talking about anything and everything!

Old 10-18-2019, 06:16 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Daily Ooo's: Friday, October 18

It is Friday! This week went by so fast. It also made me to not want to get out of bed this morning. It is a typical autumn day here- cold, damp and windy. Yesterday, it was hard to get warm. So what did I do yesterday... not much of anything. I cleaned a bit and went to the vet with Caitlyn. The vet thinks that the abscess could be caused by one of two things. Either there is a stitch left in the spleen when she had the surgery right after she was born, or there is some necrotic tissue left in the spleen. The only way to get rid of either of those issues would be to do surgery to remove that part of the spleen which could cause the same thing to happen again. He obviously does not recommend that. She is going to be on abx 1 week then 4 weeks off, then 1 week on and repeat. Good thing she doesn't mind the abx.

I scrapped a page of a photo that MIL sent me of Gary and my BIL when they were little. Gary had to be 5 or 6 years old. Maybe a bit older, BIL is 3 years younger than him... he is def. not 2... At any rate, it was fun working with an old picture of him and I used it for the Heritage Challenge. MIL called to tell me how much she loved it!

Today, I have to run over to the store to pick up some bread and tomatoes. I decided to make bruschetta for the Mourning Tea tomorrow. Afte rthat, I am going to start painting the DR chairs. Thankfully, we have extra chairs that we can sit on while they dry and cure.

Wishing everyone a very happy day! And coffee. Everyone deserves more coffee!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 10-18-2019, 06:47 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Kay- I hope that it warmed up for you. As you have heard me I hate the cold. haha!-- too funny, I wish DST stayed permanently. I despise it being dark at 5 pm. I prefer it to be dark in the morning and then stay a bit lighter at night.
The room looks sooo much bigger and airy now. Enjoy!!
*fingers crossed you have an easy fix for the disposal*

Trudy- Same yucky windy weather here and the leaves are going to be a PITA to rake. I love living next to the woods but it doesn't make it easy at times.
*breathes a sigh of relief for the heat pump* I am sure that the $300 is a hit but way better than the alternative. How was Movie Night?
I hope that you can find a set of waterproof earbuds. The swimming will go so much faster if you have something to listen to! I am trying to convince my mom to get a Roomba for Christmas- also expensive but worthwhile IMHO

Jean- I do love seeing the trees with color. I am always startled by the difference in color when I have been down the shore in October. We have a lot of color here but 2.5 hours south, there was nothing. And butterflies-- I saw a ton of them but again- they have been long gone here.
How awesome to sketch things at the museum. You are so active and creative. *jealous*
I do miss cooking meat in the crockpot, it did make the house smell really good. Thanks for the compliment on my page!

Waving HI to all of you!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 10-18-2019, 08:53 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Queen

good morning - Wednesday was rain and wind. The pits. My oldest son came through big time as my youngest son was to pick up our dog but the weather caused traffic delays so my oldest got Luther. Whew! If you miss the pick up time the dog stays overnight. But all worked out well. My DH stayed home yesterday and so did Luther. Luther was tired and it probably did him good. He still walked but came home and crashed and slept most of the day. He is back to day care today. He will have the weekend to recoup. . I finished the book and it was great. I also got my yarn for the next 3 blocks. I am so enjoying the knitting as I watch hockey. My Devils before last night's game were the only team in the league to not have a win. Well that is over as the Devils defeated their cross river rivals the NY Rangers 5-2. It was scary as the Rangers scored first and I thought oh no. But my team finally put it all together and played the whole 60 mins. So happy for them. My rookie Jack Hughes got his first point in the NHL and he was pretty happy. He is only 18 and looks even younger. But he is doing a good job learning how to play against men. Today is more rehab and knitting. My team does not play again until Sat.

Chris sure hope the sweet rat does well on her abx. The book is about a gun man coming to an abortion clinic and then it is the story of those involved inside and out. She really is a great writer and I am going to have to check out more of her books. I think she is banned because she is willing to write about situations that may are disturbing and I don't think schools know how or have qualified to discuss the stories. Which is too bad.

Trudy sound like your weather is as poor as our is. Glad that the fix for the heat pump is not too expensive.

Kay I love the new look to your room. It is looks so spacey now. How nice that you found the recliners found new homes.

Jean yes my Devils made me happy but not sure about the Yankees. They seem to have forgotten how to hit and pitch. But I think they always knew that Houston was a really good team.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-18-2019, 09:31 AM

Official Occupant

Had a broken sleep last night. Slept for about an hour, then woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Turned the light back on and read for an hour and finally was tired enough to go back to sleep. Feeling loggy and dragged out so don't plan on doing much. Have a couple of loads of laundry to do.

Dug out my info on the disposal and followed instructions but there isn't anything caught inside and was able to turn/spin it with no problems... but it is still making horrible noise. Thinks something has broken. So will go back to remembering to not use it. Need to get a drain basket to keep food out of it. Also need to treat it with baking soda and vinegar as it has an odor again.

Yes, the leaves have started to turn here and am seeing lots of leaves blowing around. But there are lots of trees that are still green. Need to reset the sprinkler system back to watering only twice a week. Also need to mix up some weed-killer [Dawn, epson salt, etc] as I have some weeds that need to be treated.

Thanks for all the compliments on the light and airy look to the family room. I really like how spacious it looks. But, my body is still aching from all the work I did. We had a front come in early this AM and that along with the work I did means I need to take some pain meds and rest today.

I had an unsettling discovery.... the new wireless keyboard/mouse has acting up the last week - very similar to how the old keyboard/mouse was acting. It would work then suddenly not work - so had to turn the mouse off then back on; it would quit copying and pasting or not erasing, etc. Had a lightbulb moment this morning. I moved the key from the front USB port to one in the back of the computer. All is working fine now. Think the problem is with the USB port - not the keyboard/mouse. Good thing I kept the old keyboard/mouse as I suspect it is okay, too. Thinking I need to get Son-in-low over soon to move the software over to DH's computer... as this might be an indication that my computer might quit one of these days.

Off to grab another cup of coffee and take some Alieve. CYL
Old 10-18-2019, 11:55 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Morning everyone! A Soggy wet morning but the temps are mild. I have to pop in here just for a quick few minutes and then off to the pool and after that I will get the kids a little something for Halloween and get their cards out in the mail. I want to see if I can find a nice top to wear for our evening out tomorrow. We are going to Octobeerfest in Youbou with my brother and his wife and a few others. We will stay overnight at their place and there is a shuttle that will pick us up and bring us back when the dance is over. It should be fun, we went last year and had such a good time. Hopefully it will be the same this year! What fun plans do you all have for this weekend? On the way back home on Sunday I want DH to put on his rubber boots and get me the bullrushes that I need for the front porch. Last year he forgot his rubber boots and got soaked feet and it was cold and smelly in that ditch water What he does for me!! . Gotta love him!!

Chris - I will have to check out your heritage page, nice that your MIL loved it so much! I am sure it is great! Heather had a Roomba for many years and she absolutely loved it! Sadly it no longer works, but it sure was good for her! It is hard to believe how quickly this week has flown by, hope that the little rat is doing ok and that the lump decreases in size after the abx!

Nancy - Hooray for the Devils win last night! Must have made you very happy! Our Bruins did not fair so well, DH is getting frustrated that they are not showing his hockey teams games on the TV and has to go and search all over the place to find them. Oh well it is what it is and hopefully they will broadcast more of the games as the season progresses. Have fun with your knitting and hockey this weekend! Hope that the knee is doing well too!

Kay - Sorry about your broken sleep last night! I can totally relate as many of my nights are like that. Uggh on the troubles with your mouse and computer! Hope that you can get things moved over to your DH's and it works much better for you!

Ok I really need to get going and get on with this day! Lots to do and the hours seem to fly by!! Sister Pam now having trouble with her iMac so she wants me to call her to help her out... so much for getting to the pool this morning. Have a great day everyone!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot