Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:38 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I swim laps twice a week and belong to a hiking group. However over the Christmas season I have been very bad for not going to either. I plan on beginning both again this week, now that DH is back to work and things are not so busy.

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot
Old 01-27-2020, 10:13 AM
Off The Hook

I gave up my gym membership b/c it was getting too hard to find time to go to gym plus fit in the time to take Taz out a few times a day for his walks/hikes. So now I get out a few times a day walking with Taz and I slacked off on jogging with him but we'll start jogging together again this week. I do miss the weight lifting classes and really have to figure out a time to get that in at home (I have free weights and steps so can work a routine in my basement). I need a scheduel b/c even though I love how I feel after I work out and of course its so good for my body....but I'm so good at procrastinating that I have to put a schedule on the calendar and then make myself stick to it.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:02 AM

Occasionally logs off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgal00 View Post
I need a schedule b/c even though I love how I feel after I work out and of course its so good for my body....but I'm so good at procrastinating that I have to put a schedule on the calendar and then make myself stick to it.
Yes! Having to be at the gym for a class that starts at 9:00am is what gets me there! Otherwise I'll put off my exercise until 10:00am, then 11:00am, then noon, then.....you get the idea!
Old 01-29-2020, 07:35 AM
Occasionally logs off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi View Post
I have never been in a gym!
Last spring I started walking, and still do that three times a week.
And i use my bicycle to get around, do shopping etc.
And one night a week it is dance night, we do ballroom, latin , a mix of everything.
That is just for fun.
I love the dance night!
Old 02-01-2020, 09:30 AM
Off The Hook

We don't visit gym/fitness because hate how men stares at you. And no one like to be seen sweat.

My sister brought home fitness simulator for them. Till I have virtual yoga classes and dog to keep me walk daily with no chance for excuses ! My friend have personal trainer which visit her at home.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Official Occupant

Like some of you, I don't like gyms because I'm too self-conscious and don't like people watching me. (I should say I hate to exercise, ). I was given a little Fitbit that hooks onto my underwear and tells me how many steps I take each day. I thought I'd never wear it, but it turns out I love how it motivates me! I also use You Tube video yoga classes that I can do at home. But not as often as I probably should. Does anyone else have trouble staying motivated?
Old 02-06-2020, 04:41 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

FloridaGranny (I am sorry, I cannot remember your real name!)- If you have Amazon Prime, they also have a great selection of yoga classes. There are some that are tailored for back and neck pain -- relief, not for causing it

Unfortunately, due to my neverending problems with my ankle- I can't do a lot of yoga at the moment. But thinking about it, I might be able to find some that focus on upper body... TY for triggering that thought for me.

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 02-06-2020, 05:54 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

we have gyms that have seperate departments, just for women
but that still does not get me there!

Old 02-06-2020, 05:56 AM
Official Occupant

Thanks, faerywings! (Sorry, I don't remember your real name either.) We do have Amazon Prime and that's a place I never thought to look. Good suggestion! The fact that they have a bunch of different yoga classes might be a good way to stay motivated, too. That's a shame about your ankle, but I can imagine you have to take it easy for now. Feet do a lot of work in yoga! Thanks for the help. Diane (former New Jersey person).
Oh, funny, Madi (Diane). Yes, getting there is the hard part, isn't it?
Old 02-06-2020, 05:57 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindaA View Post
I love the dance night!
me too,
every thursday we have a dance class, for the winter season.
30 lessons each year, summers are off!
really fun to do, and we have been doing it for 25 years already!!