Home     Shop     Blog     Community     Gallery       Newsletter       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Healthy O's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Healthy O's A place for us to talk about getting healthy, support one another, offer tips, tricks, complain, whatever we need on our journey to good health and weight loss.

Old 01-26-2020, 09:29 AM

Occasionally logs off

Default Gyms and Fitness Clubs

I currently have a membership at the community center of a neighboring city that allows me to take any of their fitness classes for a monthly fee. I have just decided to switch to a new gym that is closer to my home and costs less than the community center membership. Since there is no shortage of fitness clubs where I live, I chose this gym mainly because they offer a wide selection of group classes. I told the trainer who was showing me around to not even bother showing me the treadmills, stair climbers, weight machines, etc., because I need the schedule of classes to motivate me to exercise. Otherwise, I just won't do it!

How about you? To engage in the physical activity we all need to stay healthy, do you pay good money like I do, or do you have the mindset and motivation that allows you to be active without having to pay for it?
Old 01-26-2020, 12:31 PM

Occasionally logs off

My daughter has been at me for ages to smarten up and get more fit. So as she is a human kinetics prof at the local universities she knows some excellent personal trainers. She knows I hate exercising in general and classes are just not for me. She now has me enrolled with a personal trainer that sets a simple program specifically for me to do at home via video with facetime assessments and the odd time face to face at his studio. It isn’t all cardio just one that will get me moving and improve my balance and strength as I head into my 70’s
Old 01-26-2020, 01:06 PM
I love the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I did fitness for years, but it became such a task because of the duration. I also had injuries everywhere, or it was because of my fibromyalgia I don't know. In the beginning I was very happy, but I have temporarily stopped my subscription.
I walk a lot, and I plan to participate in an event in September to walk 50 km!
Old 01-26-2020, 02:24 PM

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I pay for aquagym classes. I try to go there 2 or 3 times per week, and the other day I do cycling at home.

I scrapped for : OSCRAPS
Old 01-26-2020, 02:35 PM

Occasionally logs off

I Don 't do fitness. I don 't like it.
I walk, ride my bycicle.
I do like some sports, like tennis or squash, but I Don 't want to do or in a regular basis.

Creativity is intelligence having fun
Albert Einstein

Old 01-27-2020, 02:01 AM
The O is awesOme

I have 2 aqua power gym lessons weekly and go for walks!I play with my grandchildren a lot! That should keep me fit!
Old 01-27-2020, 04:18 AM
Occasionally logs off

It had been a long time since I worked out. The year I turned 40 I trained for and completed a sprint triathlon. After that, I really fell off the wagon! I joined Club Pilates last spring and have been getting there consistently. I am much stronger and balanced now. This year I will be 50. I like pilates because it is easy on the joints and is something every age or body type can do.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:15 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I have never been in a gym!
Last spring I started walking, and still do that three times a week.
And i use my bicycle to get around, do shopping etc.
And one night a week it is dance night, we do ballroom, latin , a mix of everything.
That is just for fun.

Old 01-27-2020, 06:16 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Wow, Cinda, a triathlon--that is so cool!

I haven't really worked out consistently in years. Between Lyme Disease issues and several surgeries since 2014, it feels like my body has fallen apart too.
When I am able to, I like to walk and I do lots of yardwork and gardening in the spring and summer. I know that I need to get into a better routine. It is hard to get motivated esp when everything hurts haha!

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-27-2020, 08:32 AM

Off The Hook

I walk my dogs two to three times a day. Each dog is walked separately because they can't behave on walks if they are together. So its like four to six walks but they aren't really aerobic cause my dogs are in no hurry to get where they are going. lol I've been thinking of joining a gym where I can take zumba classes cause I really enjoy it when I've done it in the past.