Home     Shop     Blog     Forum     Gallery       Tutorials     Contact Us      
Forum :: Oscraps.com Facebook Twitter

Go Back   Forum :: Oscraps.com > :: Misc-O-llaneous :: > Art Journaling & Hybrid
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Art Journaling & Hybrid Here's the spot for talking art journaling, mixed media and hybrid scrapping/crafting.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:46 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Default Crafting projects?

I ended up being quite the crafter this Christmas. One of the good/bad things about being on a very tight budget was having to make a lot of gifts. That made me a bit crazy at the time but the benefit of creating personal items was worth it. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with myself *pats self on the back*

I shared some pictures of what I made in the Daily Ooos at the time but thought that I would share them here. I would love to see some of the things that you have made as well.

This is a "family tree" that I made for my son's GF's mom- with photos of all of our two families together

A wreath for my SIL

some painted wine bottle for my BFF-- she redid her Christmas tree theme and I stalked her FB page to get it to match perfectly

and this was for my mom's birthday lasy week, made from shells that we collected when we were downthe shore last summer

I based all of these on ideas I found on Pinterest so please don't think I am super creative. I was able to copy them without becoming a Pinterest Fail - this time

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Outta This World!

well done

Link to my gallery
Old 01-14-2019, 09:32 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Thank you Angela- I know that you are a big crafter too.

By the way- the cost of these projects were probably less than $15 combined. The family tree is an old candle jar painted in chalk paint that I got on clearance for $2, branches from my yard. Corks for the wreath were happily donated by my family and the wire frame/ribbon/leaves were from the dollar store. Wine bottles were also donated by my family. DH cut out the letters from some scrap wood. Chalk paint and glitter were things I had on hand. And the seashells were glued into a wine glass of mine that had a small chip in the edge and then glued into a painted lid from an old candle jar.

I have gotten very good at repurposing things

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-14-2019, 01:18 PM

Official Occupant

Love your projects Chris. They look beautiful. I also get a lot of ideas from Pinterest.

I love to knit from time to time.

My last completed project was a sweater.

Now I'm working on an other sweatshirt.

The pattern for these sweaters come from a book:

This is the English version of the book, I have it in Dutch.

I'm knitting with circular needles, which I had never done before. I was a bit scared it would be hard to learn to knit in a different way, but I found it very easy, and enjoyable to knit like this.

I also like to crochet, and I found this wonderful site with lots of animals that were chrocheted, like this:

So my next project, or maybe I will make it my first (I sometimes find it hard to finish thing) will be crocheting animals.

And on my wishlist is a blanket. I have bought the pattern already, but now have to knit it.

And then this other site were you can knit a blanket for on your
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190114_141224.jpg (265.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20190114_141132.jpg (240.4 KB, 47 views)

Creativity is intelligence having fun - Albert Einstein

Last edited by Jeannette; 01-14-2019 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:14 PM

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I'm super impressed Chris! that's a lot of work and well worth the effort.

Jeannette those sweaters are DREAMY!

I made a couple of things that were a big hit and then a total Pinterest fail. When I get the photos over to my computer I'll share.

My Gallery :: My Blog

Old 01-15-2019, 05:36 AM
The Loopy-O

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Jeanette! Those sweaters are so darn gorgeous!!! I sort-of crochet, I am not very good at it- and I have a cowl that I started a year ago. I almost done but it got shoved t the back on my room and it is really easy to ignore.

Vicki-- would *love* to see some Pinterest fails! I have a bunch of them too

~~Chris~~ My Gallery

Old 01-15-2019, 08:25 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Wonderful projects Chris, love them all!
That is what I love about pinterest and all craft sites, so much inspiration to find!
I have a special board too, where i pin all things i like and want to do some day!

Old 01-15-2019, 08:27 AM
Diane

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

Gorgeous sweater, Jeanette! What city is the origin of your pattern?

Old 01-15-2019, 01:15 PM

Official Occupant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi View Post
Gorgeous sweater, Jeanette! What city is the origin of your pattern?
I'm not completely sure anymore, but I believe it was Paesens Moddergat. I get the books from the libraby, so I have to take them back at some point.

Creativity is intelligence having fun - Albert Einstein

Old 01-16-2019, 12:05 AM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

I thought I would share some Chrissy Mice and Christmas Table mat that I made for my sister way back in 2007! ! Can't believe that is now 12 years ago! gah!! Anyway, I made the table mat and then found a pattern for these mice which I was able to make out of the scrap I had left over from the table mat.

A few months later I made some non-Chrissy ones and had them sitting in a large glass vase on the dining room table, with all their faces looking out and some coming up of the vase. My middle son and his three kids came to visit not long after and of course Gracie fell in love with them and wanted one, so I gave her one, she would have been around 5. The funny thing is that Jack (6 at the time) came over and asked for one as well. Then Brodie (9 at the time!) came in from being outside, spotted the other kids with one and shyly came over and asked if he could have one as well! ! I said of course and when I gave it to him he promptly put it in his shirt pocket, with just the head poking out and that is where his mouse stayed for the rest of the day!!!

I am really looking forward to being able to do some sewing again when we buy a house.......... my sewing machine and materials that I kept are all still packed away and I haven't seen them for over a year now!!! So hopefully that will happen soon. I have also made handbags in the past and only last week one of DIL's mentioned that she still used the one I made her back in 2009! ! Crafts certainly do make for some lovely memories, not only in the making of them, but also in the joy of giving them to special people.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marie's-placemat-1.jpg (75.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg chrissy-mice-2.jpg (70.6 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg chrissy-mice-5.jpg (59.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg chrissy-mice-7.jpg (61.4 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by wombat146; 01-16-2019 at 12:07 AM.