View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 08:30 AM
Crazy about the "O"

Ozone's One In A MilliOn

I make this awesome Easy Cashew Chicken meal for DH and myself at least once a week! DH loves it and so do I, really quick and easy to make, with so much flavour and just a bit of heat. I know that Cashews are not really Keto friendly, but there is only 1/4 Cup of them in the whole dish. You could make it without the Cashews, but why would you . I usually serve this over a bit of Cauliflower Rice. Yummy!!

Nutritional Info...

NUTRITION (per serving) Serves 3

Calories: 333.3cals
Fat: 24g
Carbs: 8g
Fiber: 1.3g
Protein: 22.6g
NET CARBS: 6.7g

Ingredients
3 raw chicken thighs boneless, skinless
2 tbsp Avocado Oil or Olive Oil
1/4 cup cashews
1/2 medium Green Bell Pepper (I use yellow or orange peppers)
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp Sesame Oil
1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
1 tbsp green onions
1/4 medium white onion
Salt + Pepper

Heat a pan over low heat and toast the cashews for 8 minutes. Toast them until you start to see some browning. Remove and set aside.
Dice chicken thighs into 1 inch chunks. Cut onion and pepper into equally large chunks.
Increase heat to high and add canola oil to pan.
Once oil is up to temperature, add in the chicken thighs and allow them to cook through.
Once the chicken is nearly fully cooked. Add in the pepper, onions, garlic, chili garlic sauce and seasonings(ginger, salt, pepper). Allow to cook on high for 2-3 minutes.
Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cashews. Cook on high and allow the liquid to reduce down until it is a sticky consistency, There should not be a lot of liquid in the pan upon completing cooking.
Serve in a bowl, top with sesame seeds and drizzle with sesame oil. Enjoy!

Siggie made with products by Maya de Groot