View Single Post
Old 03-22-2020, 11:09 AM
Ozone's Official Praise Mama

I am so happy to have sunshine today! It is still cold but looking outside feels good and the birds are active. I've gotten into a routine of making popcorn on Sunday afternoon and look forward to that. Haven't decided what's for dinner. Other than St. Patrick's Day for corned beef we haven't been doing carry out which means I've been cooking every night which is a huge change. I want to support the local places we frequent, but am squeamish about the contact.

The chat yesterday was fun and it was nice seeing folks. Trudy you look just like your pictures. Wasn't DH funny wandering into view? He's basically nosy and wondered who I was talking to. Chris I was disappointed your setup didn't work. Hope there is a next time soon. I'm thinking about who I would pick for my birthday companion. That's tough so far, especially excluding relatives for a genealogist.

Chris, given that Scott is having a hard time in general it isn't surprising he would have it come out with his dad. He needs to spend more time outside. Glad you got the corned beef and cabbage and can have that tonight. Hope you like this recipe:
APPLE NUTTY BREAD

2 c. flour
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. pecans, chopped
1 egg beaten
1 c. applesauce

Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Stir just enough to moisten. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake in preheated, 300° oven 1 hour or until done.
It is pretty sweet even though I use unsweetened applesauce, so I use a tad less sugar and up the applesauce. The batter is stiff so "pour" doesn't seem quite the right verb.

Trudy, interesting story about how Home Depot operated. Sounds pretty workable. It is weird being home all the time. Hope your scrapping and painting keep you going. You did a super LO about Robin Williams.

Felis, so sorry people are causing you grief. Chris is right though, please feel free to vent here. Having to shop only in your town does sound like a problem as you've mentioned the price being higher and selection less. It's great what musicians are doing online. It's wonderful how much content is being provided online of many kinds.

Kay, well rats about your problem with the chat. Hope it can be fixed for the next time. Nice that you were able to change the room to look less forlorn.

Rae, so nice seeing you in the chat as well.

Gratitudes today:
always the birds
sunshine
popcorn