View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 06:39 PM
..aka Ona & lovin' the O

Ozone's Official Praise Queen

Default May Challenge #1 - Artsy/Mixed Media

All members that participate, can everyone PLEASE ensure that you read all the rules for this challenge
so that you can claim your challenge points. Thank you!

Hi everyone, Ona here to bring you May's Artsy/Mixed Media challenge! Yes! I said MAY!!!!! lol!!! Time is just zooming past this year!!

You know, out of all the challenges, I think this one is my most favorite! I just love doing artsy/mixed media type layouts as it gives the 'frustrated inner artist' in me a lot of satisfaction in being able to chuck some paint and grunge onto a page! It also allows me to experiment with different effects using different software applications which is something I had spend quite a lot of time on!

In the page I created for this challenge I used a Photoshop Action called PENCIL PHOTOSHOP ACTION by denis154 which I purchased from Graphic Rivers Action. I have supplied the link for the action in case you want to check it out BUT it is ONLY for Photoshop unfortunately. But check out all the other actions, there could be something there that might just work on PSE.

Artsy/Mixed Media is all about letting your creativeness go wild, trying out new things and mixing things together. Think lots of paint and gesso, lots of wonderful textures, scribbles, paint splatters and crayons, mixed with textural materials like lace, cardboard and vellum. Play and experiment!

Not a lot of rules for this challenges, I just want you to explore your own inner artist and see what you come up with. I DO want to see your page filled with yummy artsy stuff, so no minimalist type layouts for this challenge! You can use photos or not, your choice, but I DO want to see some sort of POSITIVE message on your layout. Think happy affirmation type wordart.

My layout is all about creating our own happiness! A lot of times we may be dealing with a lot negativity or sadness in our lives so for just a little while it helps to just have a laugh out loud moment, whether it is a joke shared with family or friends or just watching a funny video on Youtube or Facebook! Or perhaps it's another form of happiness, like doing something for yourself. Try to find some happiness in each and every day, if only for just a little while! Those funny cat videos do it for me every time! !

Credits: All About Me - Oscraps collaboration kit | ArtPlay - Brumal by Anna Aspnes

RULES:
- Create an artsy/mixed media layout WITH A POSITIVE message. You can use whatever colours you like and it's your choice whether to use a photo or not, just make sure that it is expressing a positive message.
- Please use 80% Oscraps products that are currently in the store.
- Non-Oscraps products or retired O designer products can be used whether the designer is selling elsewhere or not.
- You need to credit all the products used on your layout.
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 1 gallery by midnight PST 31 MAY 2019 and linked back to this thread. HOW TO LINK LAYOUT TO CHALLENGE THREAD.
- And do not forget to update the CURRENT MONTH'S TRACKING THREAD to be eligible for your coupon.

Last edited by wombat146; 05-01-2019 at 08:05 PM.