Forum :: Oscraps.com

Forum :: Oscraps.com (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/index.php)
-   Challenge Archive 2017 (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=537)
-   -   Challenge #4 Photo swap - March 2017 (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34467)

veer 03-01-2017 02:50 PM

Challenge #4 Photo swap - March 2017

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps0xcmh3wc.jpg

We all have these photos that we love for what they remind us of.
But sometimes, we just don't know how to scrap them. It may be because of:
- the colors: you don't have a kit to match or can't see an obvious contrast to highlight your picture
- the subject: you just can't figure out how to layer your picture
- the quality of the photo: blurred, faded tones, erased parts (on old photos)...
- the photo itself: bad angle, unwanted people or things appearing on the photo...
- the emotion it brings back...

So, why not ask one of your scrapping friends to play with your photos?
:bump2:

That is exactly what we are going to do this month: scrap each other photos in our own style.
Every player (participant) will:
1- Scrap a photo from another participant
2- Send a photo to another participant

************************************************** *************************************
HOW TO PLAY

To keep things easy and allow everyone to play during the whole month, we will proceed very simply:
1- Reply to this thread to say you want to play!
2- Then send your photo to the person before you (see below how to send your photo).
3- Post your layout in the Challenge #4 gallery.
4- Send the original file (the big one, full size and full resolution) to the person who gave you her pictures.

************************************************** *************************************

And don't forget to follow the usual challenges' guidelines to qualify for a discount coupon by the end of the month:
- Scrap a page with the picture of your teammate!
- You must use 80% Oscraps products (don't forget the Freebies section of our store).
- Your page must be posted in the Challenge 4 gallery by the end of the month.
- Post a link back to your layout in this thread, and indicates who's photo you have been playing with ;)
- Remember to update the monthly tracking thread to be eligible for your coupon.
- Have fun ;)

How to send your photo: upload your photo on a file hosting platform (Dropbox, Photobucket, Free File Hosting...) and send the link by PM to the person before you.
Feel free to add any information on your photos if you think that it can help, i.e. date, people, place...

Here you can see how this challenge works

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps085bv0al.jpg

veer 03-01-2017 02:52 PM

HOW TO PLAY
To keep things easy and allow everyone to play during the whole month, we will proceed very simply:
1- Reply to this thread to say you want to play!
2- Then send your photo to the person before you (see below how to send your photo).
3- Post your layout in the Challenge #4 gallery.
4- Send the original file (the big one, full size and full resolution) to the person who gave you her pictures.

zlemon 03-01-2017 09:23 PM

okay, i'll play who do I get the photo from? And do I send you a photo Veer? Or wait for the next one to play?

veer 03-02-2017 03:36 AM

Yes you need to sent me a photo :peace:

veer 03-02-2017 03:37 AM

1.Veer
2.Zlemon sent picture to Veer

NancyP 03-02-2017 06:17 AM

Arn't we suppose to post the photo here that we send? For instance, wouldn't Zlemon post a photo and state "this is the photo I want someone to scrap for me." Just wondering.

mary-lynne 03-05-2017 07:47 AM

Just send a photo to the person in front of you (your choice of photo)...so you should send to ZLemon! Next person to join will send one to you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyP (Post 539584)
Arn't we suppose to post the photo here that we send? For instance, wouldn't Zlemon post a photo and state "this is the photo I want someone to scrap for me." Just wondering.

kaklei 03-05-2017 11:27 AM

I am in

I just sent my photo in PM to NancyP, is that right?

NancyP 03-05-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlemon (Post 539555)
okay, i'll play who do I get the photo from? And do I send you a photo Veer? Or wait for the next one to play?

zlemon; I was actually only asking a question, but kaklei was sweet enough to send me a photo, so I will go ahead and play. Let me look through my photos and I will get one off to you. Sorry for the confusion.
What is the best way to send a photo?????

felis 03-06-2017 03:49 AM

I'll play too. Kaklei I'll try to send you my photo today.

NancyP, you need to upload your photo to some file hosting platform (Dropbox, Photobucket, Free File Hosting...) and send the link by PM, like Veer is explain.
My personal choice is to use Pinterest Private board, because allows me to upload photos in full size and keep them private, for example in Photobucket they will be visible for everybody. But all depends of your own choice, choose platform that you are familiar and make you feel comfortable! Is not supposed to post the photo here, because idea is other to can see it after is scraped from someone else not before that, or wouldn't be so interesting, but if you don't use any other photo site or hosting platform, then you post it here, no one objects. Hope I was helpful for you! Have a fun!

NancyP 03-07-2017 07:59 PM

felis, thanks so much!! I use Photobucket. I belong to Pinterest, but never heard of Pinterest Private Board so I better not fool around with something I don't understand. Thanks again for all your help!!

NancyP 03-07-2017 08:17 PM

Photo sent to Zlemon.

And I already have a photo from kaklei. This kinda got out of order (my fault!!!) So the next person will send a photo to felis.

felis 03-08-2017 05:37 AM

For nothing, Nancy, I often feel myself in situation to be lost in translation, so love to help when I can!

And yes next person, please, send photo to me :welcome:.

veer 03-08-2017 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NancyP (Post 539584)

No just sent the photo to the person, ask her email adress ;)

veer 03-08-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary-lynne (Post 540750)
Just send a photo to the person in front of you (your choice of photo)...so you should send to ZLemon! Next person to join will send one to you!

Thank you for the explanation ;)

Do you want to play mary-lynne ?

veer 03-08-2017 01:33 PM

1.Veer
3.NancyP sent picture to Zlemon
4.Kaklei sent picture to NancyP
5.Felis sent picture to Kaklei

DivaMom96 03-09-2017 11:33 AM

I want to play! :grin::grin::grin:

veer 03-09-2017 02:00 PM

1.Veer
6.DivaMom sent picture to Felis

NancyP 03-10-2017 11:42 AM

Do not send me a photo!! I am just posting the layout I did for kaklei. The next person who wants to play will send a photo to DivaMom. Thanks for the lists, Veer. They really help!

LOVE the sweet family photo sent to me by kaklei. This is her, her hubby, her son and his new wife at her son's wedding. Thank you, kaklei, for giving me the honor of scrapping such a special photo!!

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/sh...march&cat=1193
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/da...arch-aA-SB.jpg

kaklei 03-11-2017 01:09 PM

ok, here is mine with felis photos: (hope u like)

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/da...p_felis_sm.jpg

veer 03-14-2017 06:02 AM

Amazing pages girls !!!

veer 03-15-2017 04:56 AM

Okay who's next ;) who wants to play with us :mod:

1.Veer
7. ..... sent picture to Divamom

Gerli 03-15-2017 06:07 AM

I'm in - will send Photo to Divamom.

Gerli 03-15-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DivaMom96 (Post 542186)
I want to play! :grin::grin::grin:

I'll send you a link to the Photo - if it doesn't Work please send me your email-addy.

zlemon 03-15-2017 02:03 PM

Nancy P sent me a photo for the photo swap of her friend's grandkids celebrating with their grandparents' 50th wedding celebration. They were on a boat, but I didn't have any nautical supplies, so I chose Joanne Brisebois' new goodies instead. I loved the charm factor and how it represents that these grandboys are the flowers in their "garden of life".

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/da...3/50th-fun.jpg

veer 03-15-2017 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerli (Post 543854)
I'm in - will send Photo to Divamom.

Yeah glad you are joining us !!! :humble:

veer 03-15-2017 03:36 PM

1.Veer
7.Gerli sent picture to Divamom
9...... sent picture to Gerli

NancyP 03-15-2017 03:39 PM

Zlemon, I SOOOO love what you did with that photo----to put each boy in a flower like that!!! SO creative!! And the addition of the lovebirds is just PERFECT!!!! Thank you!!! I LOVE it!!!!

felis 03-15-2017 11:10 PM

It was so pleasure to scrap this lovely moments of brotherhood. Thank you Deborrah, that share with me so special moment! I hope you'll like my layout!
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/da...3/boysSIZE.jpg

DivaMom96 03-19-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felis (Post 544125)
It was so pleasure to scrap this lovely moments of brotherhood. Thank you Deborrah, that share with me so special moment! I hope you'll like my layout!

I LOVE IT!!!! Thank you so much for your beautiful page!!

DivaMom96 03-19-2017 08:30 PM

Gerli - this is for you! Hope you like it!!

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/da...agen_-2006.jpg

veer 03-20-2017 05:45 AM

It's awesome !

Gerli 03-20-2017 07:23 AM

[QUOTE=DivaMom96;545399]Gerli - this is for you! Hope you like it!!

QUOTE]

Awesome take on my Photo - thanks.

veer 03-23-2017 07:53 AM

Is there anyone who wants to play ? I give you the chance to write your name here till 25 March and then i will sent my picture to Gerli.

JoanK 03-23-2017 03:37 PM

Please be patient with me, since I am new to this :-?, but it looks like fun. So, if I am following correctly, I should send a picture to Gerli, and then the next person to join - (or Veer if no one joins in the next two days) - will send one to me, correct?
Gerli I will look for a photo and send it off soon.

veer 03-25-2017 01:57 AM

Yes Joan, you must sent a picture to Gerli! Thank you for joining us !

veer 03-25-2017 01:58 AM

1.Veer
7.Gerli sent picture to Divamom
8.Joan sent picture to Gerli
9...... sent picture to Joan

veer 03-25-2017 01:59 AM

I do not want to push because the month is almost over and the challenge therefore, I want to give everyone time to make something beautiful with the photos

JoanK 03-27-2017 11:04 PM

:juggle:I sent my picture to Gerli. Still waiting for one to scrap! :juggle:

veer 03-29-2017 02:56 AM

I will sent a picture to you Joan, as for now you can no longer sign up to participate in the challenge.