Forum :: Oscraps.com

Forum :: Oscraps.com (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/index.php)
-   In Search Of... (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=357)
-   -   What do you keep? (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34860)

digiscrapper 05-16-2017 02:53 PM

What do you keep?

What type of files do you keep after completing a page? Do you keep zip files from downloads? (fonts, albums, etc) PSD files? Only jpegs? Just wondering, as I try to clean up my files.

Michele

Nickel 05-16-2017 04:13 PM

Don't listen to me because I tend to keep everything Zip files. .psds of very old scraps etc
:)

suddenly I realize that I have stuff from 9 years ago..(from freebies I'll never use again..)

bcgal00 05-16-2017 04:20 PM

My storage is as follows:
Layouts - stored as full size jpegs in an online storage site.
Digi kits - stored in 2 external hard drives, unzipped.
Fonts - a small sampling of my fonts stored on computer C drive (<250). The rest are stored in 2 external hard drives.

ninigoesdigi 05-16-2017 04:46 PM

Oh my me too I keep everything but I do save zips to a DVD once in a while and erase them from my computer. All unzips folders are saved on the web because I lost files before and I have now an online backup. But even though I don't delete files. For scrap pages I keep the PSD file, and the web size files etc... I am a digi hoarder and I can't erase something completely unless I know it is on a DVD or backed up safely lol

felis 05-17-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninigoesdigi (Post 549997)
Oh my me too I keep everything but I do save zips to a DVD once in a while and erase them from my computer.

I also keep all .zips that's I'm bought to a DVD.
I Keep only unzipped files of freebies and both for bought kits.
It's more flexible if all unzipped kits are on External Hard Drives, but I only planned to do that, I couldn't even use one that I won, because was necessary to sell it and pay vet bill. So I have to download to my computer every kit that I use and delete it after that.
I keep only jpegs on my layouts and in smal size, wich sometimes is problem if I need to back to the original page, but is happened only few times, so for now I'll keep to this space saving practice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninigoesdigi (Post 549997)
I am a digi hoarder and I can't erase something completely unless I know it is on a DVD or backed up safely

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel (Post 549993)
Don't listen to me because I tend to keep everything /.../ suddenly I realize that I have stuff from 9 years ago..(from freebies I'll never use again..)

lol Me too. It's a tragedy when some of mine disks gone broken. :-(
Save

AnikA68 05-17-2017 03:21 AM

I delete the zip files immediately after I have unzipped it. If you need is as zio you easily can zip the folder again, isnĀ“t it?
I erase from time to time the season kits or christmas kits

Nickel 05-17-2017 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by felis (Post 550013)
I also keep all .zips that's I'm bought to a DVD.
I Keep only unzipped files of freebies and both for bought kits.
It's more flexible if all unzipped kits are on External Hard Drives, but I only planned to do that, I couldn't even use one that I won, because was necessary to sell it and pay vet bill. So I have to download to my computer every kit that I use and delete it after that.
I keep only jpegs on my layouts and in smal size, wich sometimes is problem if I need to back to the original page, but is happened only few times, so for now I'll keep to this space saving practice.

lol Me too. It's a tragedy when some of mine disks gone broken. :-(
Save

That's why I make a backup every week

clindoeil 05-17-2017 06:52 AM

Layouts :
- the psd from the current year
- the jpegs (different format -600-1000 or other depending from CT requirement)
- i delete the psd when i archive the past years on external DD, but have then the problem i cannot find back what layout was scrapped which what stuff

Kits :
i have all unzipped on two external DD
i deleted the .zip right after unzipping

i save to the second external DD .... each .... heu not often as i should :???: ! i think i have to do it right now !

VickiStegall 05-17-2017 06:47 PM

I delete the zip files as soon as I unzip. You can typically download again if you need to - well at Oscraps anyway. Not all stores let you.

And there my organization ends lol

digiscrapper 05-17-2017 08:32 PM

Thank you for all the comments. I didn't realize so many of you save the zip files. I always throw them away, but now I am thinking I shouldn't. I am pretty clutter-prone in life so we'll see how that works out.