PDA

View Full Version : What are you watching - July 2020

VickiStegall
06-29-2020, 08:12 PM
I'm a couple days early but... eh. lol

I just started Eurovision Song Contest, the Story of Fire Saga on Netflix. Looks like it might be entertaining. No clue what our euro ladies will think of it!

Have been watching Crazy Delicious on Netflix - love the whimsy and artistry of it and I'd love to be able to eat that food!

Have been LOVING Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix.

I watch a lot of food shows for someone who can't eat anything lol Maybe that's why....

What are you all watching now?

Cherylndesigns
06-29-2020, 11:11 PM
We've been watching old movies again. "As Good As It Gets", "Dirty Dancing", "Pretty Woman" and we started "The Hustler" and got half way through tonight. Paul Newman and Jackie Gleason are in it.

We also love to watch Biographies and have watched several on our favorite movie stars. I love to watch food and cooking shows too, Vicki, and I can't eat much either. LOL

Madi
06-30-2020, 03:04 AM
I just watched the Eurovision Song Contest, the Story of Fire Saga yesterday, and I loved it.
It is all about the crazyness of the euro song contest, and if you are a fan of the contest you will love it! lots of former winners/participants in it too.
it says it is the 2020 contest, but that was cancelled because of covid,
it was supposed to be in Rotterdam here, because the Netherlands won the last time!
:hippie: looks like sigrit

Madi
06-30-2020, 03:06 AM
started watching the handmaid's tale on fox, 2 episodes every week.
curious to where the story will go.

faerywings
06-30-2020, 06:33 AM
When I was on maternity leave in 1996 I was *glued* to the Food Network. Since then, I haven't watched too many food shows at all. Guess I overdid it!

Handmaid's Tale was really good, very chilling.

I am so excited to see Hamilton. Scott's friend has an account feature on Disney that you can "share" your account somehow and that is the one big thing I am looking forward to.
We finished the second season of Killing Eve on Hulu and now I am waiting impatiently for season 3. We are running out of shows to stream- again. I will be following this thread closely.

Jeannette
06-30-2020, 02:40 PM
I'm watching The Restaurant on Netflix and together with my husband we are watching The Sinner.
Before this I have watched Broadchurch, Spinning Out, After Life and Unorthodox. The last two I love the most!.
I have also watched a few documentaries: Michelle Obama, Daughters of Destiny and 13th. The last one was very impressive.

Cherylndesigns
06-30-2020, 05:42 PM
I started trying to read The Handmaid's Tale and I couldn't take it. I could never watch it. But I know it's very popular. That's just me and my weirdness. Like Dexter - I just can't watch it and I know people who are glued to it.

Danesa
07-01-2020, 07:19 PM
I'm kind of in a lull right now. Waiting and hoping something "striking" comes this week or next. I finished all my favorites, so I'm on the prowl for another "something" to hang on to. :) I'm going to be checking in here for more ideas as the month ventures further.

faerywings
07-02-2020, 07:00 AM
We started Season One of Hanna. We are two episodes in and it is somewhat better than just ok. I think it is going to rev up a bit or at least I hope it does.

Just looked this up the other day but Psych is streaming in Hulu, that is a cute, lighthearted one

zanthia
07-08-2020, 02:06 AM
just started Warrior Nun on netflix and did season 2 of the Politician

faerywings
07-08-2020, 06:48 AM
How is the Politician? I read something about it, saying it was good but I can't remember the wheres and whys.

We also started watching Perry Mason. One episode in, so time will tell. I will share an update a bit later.

BTW- I LOVED Hamilton. I would watch it again in a heartbeat.

Madi
07-08-2020, 10:38 AM
just finished "the stranger" on Netflix
and loved every episode of it!

zanthia
07-09-2020, 12:03 PM
chris - politician is really good a bit over the top. loved bette middle and judith light in 2nd season.

bummed that disney no longer offers a free trial but will have to get it soon for one month only just to see hamilton

did you ever watch the americans - if not matthew rhys was the star of it . its been a while since i have had hbo . perry mason is a show i would be interested in down the road

VickiStegall
07-09-2020, 05:00 PM
Absolutely love Eurovision! Seriously laughed long and loud and just generally felt happy after.

Now I'm watching Warrior Nun since Zanthia mentioned it. I'm like the premise so far.

faerywings
07-10-2020, 06:45 AM
Stacey, The Americans was awesome!

seniorgal
07-10-2020, 07:31 AM
Just watched "Almost an Angel" with Paul Hogan on Amazon Prime. Light, funny and really good.

zanthia
07-10-2020, 05:28 PM
Stacey, The Americans was awesome!

agreed, i was sad to see it end

AFTdesigns
07-10-2020, 10:19 PM
I’ve been watching “Dark” on Netflix. Definitely check it out if you’re into Stranger Things and the like.

faerywings
07-11-2020, 06:57 AM
agreed, i was sad to see it end
The last season/ending was actually very satisfying which seems to be unusual these days.

faerywings
07-11-2020, 06:59 AM
Is the Dark the one that starts with kids going into a cave or tunnel? German I think? We tried a few episodes of that but I was thrown off by the voiceovers.

zanthia
07-12-2020, 03:10 PM
I’ve been watching “Dark” on Netflix. Definitely check it out if you’re into Stranger Things and the like.

love stranger things and wanted to check out Dark

are you using the dubbed version or subtitles. In a few sites i read the dubbed is really bad and it is highly recommend to use the subtitles.

VickiStegall
07-13-2020, 12:58 PM
I finished Warrior Nun this weekend and was disappointed to discover it's a series and there is a cliff hanger. I hate cliffhangers lol

Watched The Old Guard movie on Netflix and LOVED it. I hope it becomes a series or has sequels.

Danesa
07-13-2020, 07:20 PM
I loved The Old Guard too!! They better continue with a series. Haha

VickiStegall
07-13-2020, 07:27 PM
I loved The Old Guard too!! They better continue with a series. Haha

SO GOOD! My hubby said he heard a second one is planned! Fingers crossed :)

Danesa
07-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Fingers, toes and eyes crossed!!! Haha

zanthia
07-31-2020, 12:39 AM
the end of old guard screamed sequel or series - want more!!!!!

faerywings
07-31-2020, 07:05 AM
Okie-- I am adding Old Guard to my list!
What is it about?

VickiStegall
08-03-2020, 08:00 PM
Okie-- I am adding Old Guard to my list!
What is it about?

Can't - that would be spoiling!

Just note that it's not what you think at the very first and it's SO GOOD!

faerywings
08-04-2020, 08:12 AM
I am intrigued!!! I was trying to tell Gary that we need to add it to our list, but damned if I could remember the name of it :D

faerywings
08-04-2020, 08:18 AM
So I see that it is a long movie 2+ hours, is it something that will keep my attention that long if I am prone to zoning out-- and that Gary tends to fall asleep? ;)

zanthia
08-04-2020, 02:44 PM
So I see that it is a long movie 2+ hours, is it something that will keep my attention that long if I am prone to zoning out-- and that Gary tends to fall asleep? ;)

yes it will, briefly its about a group of mercenaries who are immortal and them getting a new member. Charlize is the leader of the group.

Cherylndesigns
08-04-2020, 03:50 PM

Oh my gosh, I can't sit and watch ANYTHING anymore without falling asleep. If I could sleep in my recliner, I could probably sleep more. Hahaha

We're watching a wonderful series about Frank Sinatra on Netflix. Ole' Blue Eyes can keep me awake if anybody can. :hail:

VickiStegall
08-05-2020, 05:53 PM
yes it will, briefly its about a group of mercenaries who are immortal and them getting a new member. Charlize is the leader of the group.

good job you explaining without spoiling!!!

And, yes, it's very action packed so I think you'll be able to stay awake.

faerywings
08-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Sounds great, thank you again for the suggestion!

zanthia
08-12-2020, 11:54 PM
just finished season 2 of umbrella academy on netflix - excellent!

faerywings
08-13-2020, 06:47 AM
The Old Guard was great!!! And I am so happy that the ended it with the "6 months later." :tape: no spoilers from me either

We watched Episode 3 of UA last night. This season is even better than the first

VickiStegall
08-13-2020, 07:26 PM
I'm so glad you like the Old Guard!

I'm still working my way through UA. I need to get back in that.

Danesa
08-19-2020, 01:26 PM
Loved Project Power with Jamie Foxx. I hope they have a sequel. :)

Jeannette
08-19-2020, 01:36 PM
I watched Stateless. Awesome series, but it did make me cry.

faerywings
08-20-2020, 06:59 AM
Jeanette, I don't think I have it in me to watch anything that would make me cry. :(

Do any of you have new suggestions? We have gone thorough just about everything that is streaming at this point. HBO's trial period ends for us (poor Scott started watching GoT and needs to finish 3 more seasons before Sept 4 ) so that doesn't help matters.
We are almost done with UA and halfway through Warrior Nun. We finished Perry Mason and Hanna and so many others.
:help:

zanthia
08-30-2020, 06:36 PM
just finished latest season of lucifer on netflix - excellent

VickiStegall
08-30-2020, 08:57 PM
just finished latest season of lucifer on netflix - excellent

I've been thinking about watching that. So it's good?

faerywings
08-31-2020, 07:00 AM
Lucifer-- I think it is cute. My husband tolerates it. It isn't our favorite (we are also mostly through season 3 so maybe it changes) but is nice for a change of pace.
We finished Umbrella Academy and I really liked that.

VickiStegall
08-31-2020, 08:39 AM
I'm still working on Umbrella Academy.

Will check out Lucifer.

zanthia
08-31-2020, 11:47 AM
I've been thinking about watching that. So it's good?

YES!!!! , i loved it

Danesa
08-31-2020, 11:54 AM
I just watched Black Panther, again, in honor of Chadwick Boseman. I also watched and cried through the Tribute for him too, last night. I'm so sad he's gone. He was so young. I hate cancer!!!

Danesa
09-10-2020, 10:35 AM
I watched AWAY this week. (I thought it was a movie then got drawn into watching the whole season 1. haha) I enjoyed it. There's so much emotional tension in it, it makes my life look pretty calm. :)

zanthia
09-24-2020, 01:46 AM
anyone watching big brother - for an all star version its awful

faerywings
09-24-2020, 06:50 AM
No Big Brother or other reality types shows for me. Sorry that this season is so bad :(