PDA

View Full Version : Calling all movie fans!

AZK
02-21-2019, 11:55 AM
So, the 91st Academy Awards are being presented this Sunday, and while I like movies, I have to confess that I have not seen even one of the films that are nominated for Best Picture this year! :| I'll get around to seeing some of them eventually, but if you had to recommend only one film this year, which one would it be? Here's the list of the 8 nominated films:

Black Panther
BlacKkKlansman
Bohemian Rhapsody
The Favourite
Green Book
Roma
A Star Is Born
Vice

Tell me which ones I NEED to put on my watch list! :pop2:

Jeannette
02-21-2019, 12:05 PM
O my, I do watch a movie from time to time, but I haven't seen any of these. Sorry, no help here :)

taxed4ever
02-21-2019, 01:16 PM
How can you pick just one??
I will highly recommend three
Green Book
Bohemian Rhapsody
A Star is Born
I have seen most of these movies on the list, but these are my fav's!!

marijke
02-21-2019, 01:42 PM
I can't help you ... sorry ...

VickiStegall
02-21-2019, 04:22 PM
I saw Black Panther and want to see Bohemian Rhapsody and a Star is Born, but that's it.

VickiStegall
02-21-2019, 04:23 PM
Oh, and unless you are a Marvel fan, I don't know that I would bother with Black Panther. I liked it, but we're huge Marvel fans.

bcgal00
02-21-2019, 06:37 PM
I loved Black Panther (b/c I do love Marvel action movies) but really loved Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star Is Born. Next on our to-watch list is Vice. We saw the promos for it and it looks good.

zanthia
02-22-2019, 02:56 AM
saw roma and think it is way over rated.

I will recommend these
Black panther
Green Book
Bohemian Rhapsody
A Star is Born

margje
02-22-2019, 04:53 AM
Bohemian Rhapsody is on my list!

faerywings
02-22-2019, 05:23 AM
Oh, and unless you are a Marvel fan, I don't know that I would bother with Black Panther. I liked it, but we're huge Marvel fans.
Black Panther was the only movie on the list that I have seen.
I have no interest at all in Marvel/DC Comics genres, but I loved BP. I wasn't planning on watching but hubs was, so I watched with him. I thought it was really good!

taxed4ever
02-22-2019, 09:26 AM
I loved Black Panther (b/c I do love Marvel action movies) but really loved Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star Is Born. Next on our to-watch list is Vice. We saw the promos for it and it looks good.

We have seen "Vice" Rae and found it was a big disappointment! Especially like you say the promos made it look so good. But then that is just my opinion, you and your DH might really like it!

Danesa
02-23-2019, 05:17 PM
A Star is Born.

AZK
02-23-2019, 06:21 PM
Well! We seem to have similar tastes! I plan on seeing Black Panther eventually, I've seen and enjoyed mostly of the other Marvel movies (my youngest daughter lives and breathes Marvel). I like Lady Gaga, so A Star is Born seems like a good choice. Same with Bohemian Rhapsody...I've owned a few Queen albums in my life. As for Green Book, well, Viggo Mortensen. :love: