PDA

View Full Version : I WANT TO KNOW game

Pages : [1] 2

Buddy the O' Elf
12-01-2018, 07:58 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/nLWxgBGx/Oscraps-Merry-and-Bright-Banner-800.jpg

Hi, I am so happy to be here for the party !
But I see some new faces in the gallery, and I wish I could know you better…
So I'll ask you some questions and give some coupons too.. Are you in ?

The rules are simply :
Just answer to the questions, tchat each other to get to know better, and to encourage exchanges between members.

QUESTION 1 : What is your first name? and where do you live ?
PRIZE to #2 01lousmith and #30 Hildegarde
Question 2 : What are your favorite colors for Christmas ? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?
Prize to Post#80 Seniorgal
QUESTION 3 - What do you have for Christmas dinner?
Prize to post#115 cfile
QUESTION 4 - What's the last Christmas movie you watched?
Prize to post#150 - Nightshadow
QUESTION 5- Where do you spend Christmas?

Prize to post#180 - DigiGrace
QUESTION 6 - Tell us about a favorite vacation memory?
Next winner at 200 - nobles
QUESTION 7- What country would you most love to visit?
next winner at 225 - Easyeyes4you
QUESTION 8- What is your favorite holiday destination?
next winner at 275 - GGGarden

QUESTION 9- Do you have a great tip to make the Christmas preparations more relaxed?
Next winner at 300

01lousmith
12-01-2018, 08:21 AM
Easy enough! Lou, and Texas!

Buddy the O' Elf
12-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Welcome Lou from Texas !
You win a prize. Congrats...
Check your PM

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 08:32 AM
My name is Pippa and i live in the New Forest in the south of England!!

timounette
12-01-2018, 08:42 AM
My first name is Sandrine.
And I live in France in the Loire Valley, in Angers.
You can discover my city here (https://www.google.com/search?q=angers&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcvaTZ7f7eAhVESxoKHYlbChcQ_AUIECgD&biw=1600&bih=736#imgrc=_).

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 08:57 AM
My first name is Sandrine.
And I live in France in the Loire Valley, in Angers.
You can discover my city here (https://www.google.com/search?q=angers&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjcvaTZ7f7eAhVESxoKHYlbChcQ_AUIECgD&biw=1600&bih=736#imgrc=_).

I just checked your city out via that link! Gorgeous!!!

A few years ago we had a holiday in the Perigord. We stopped and had a picnic lunch next to the Loire on the drive down from Caen. The little we saw of that area was so beautiful. I hope to visit your area someday.

nancyr
12-01-2018, 09:00 AM
hi I am Nancy and I live in NJ - the Garden State

ptabbert
12-01-2018, 09:02 AM
Hi! My first name is Patsy (no, not Patricia) and I now live in central Florida after 40+ years in Minnesota.

taxed4ever
12-01-2018, 09:03 AM
:hello: I am Trudy from the City of Totems. Duncan, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada!! You can check out where I live here...
https://duncan.ca/

timounette
12-01-2018, 09:04 AM
I just checked your city out via that link! Gorgeous!!!

A few years ago we had a holiday in the Perigord. We stopped and had a picnic lunch next to the Loire on the drive down from Caen. The little we saw of that area was so beautiful. I hope to visit your area someday.

Just call me before you come :wave:

zlemon
12-01-2018, 09:22 AM
Hello, Christy here. I live in Austin, Texas. Home of Austin City Limits and the self-described "live music capital of the US." And there's a wide variety, it's not all country. It's a fun city, but don't move here—the traffic is horrendous

suruha
12-01-2018, 09:28 AM
Su, here, from not-so-sunny-today-Florida!

scrapinmom
12-01-2018, 09:44 AM
I am Sharon and I live in New Orleans, LA

Dady
12-01-2018, 10:20 AM
Geraldine here, I live on the French Riviera !

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:35 AM
Just call me before you come :wave:

https://emoticons.datahamster.com/in_love.gif

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:37 AM
:hello: I am Trudy from the City of Totems. Duncan, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada!! You can check out where I live here...
https://duncan.ca/

I just read about your city and its totems and took the virtual tour! Fascinating! xx pippa xx

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Hello, Christy here. I live in Austin, Texas. Home of Austin City Limits and the self-described "live music capital of the US." And there's a wide variety, it's not all country. It's a fun city, but don't move here—the traffic is horrendous

Hi Christy! We visited Texas in 2017 and stayed in Round Rock for a few days as a base to explore Austin and the locality. We had a great time in Austin visiting the Capitol and we also went to the baseball at Round Rock. We found the people of Austin and around very friendly and nice! Hello to you from England!! xx

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:41 AM
Hi! My first name is Patsy (no, not Patricia) and I now live in central Florida after 40+ years in Minnesota.

Hi Patsy! Waving at you from England!! :wave: Pippa x

margje
12-01-2018, 10:42 AM
My first name is Marianne and I live in the Netherlands!

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Easy enough! Lou, and Texas!

Hi Lou! We had a great holiday in Texas last year. We were there in bluebonnet season! https://emoticons.datahamster.com/heart.gif

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:45 AM
I am Sharon and I live in New Orleans, LA

Hi Sharon! Pippa here from the UK! I would love to visit New Orleans one day - what is the best time of year to visit do you think? xx

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:45 AM
Geraldine here, I live on the French Riviera !

Bonjour Geraldine! Waving at you from across the channel! :wave:

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Su, here, from not-so-sunny-today-Florida!

Hello from England Su! Pippa xx

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:47 AM
My first name is Marianne and I live in the Netherlands!

Hi Marianne. I just commented on your avatar in your gallery - I love it!! Pippa x

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:48 AM
hi I am Nancy and I live in NJ - the Garden State

Hello from England Nancy! What your weather like? It's dark here now but has been raining and grey all day.....

nurmi
12-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Hi, Annette from Hamburg Germany

jazzmom
12-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Hi! I'm Pam from San Diego, CA.

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Hi, Annette from Hamburg Germany

Hi Annette! Is Hamburg decorated for Christmas already? Do you have a christmas market there? xx Pippa from England

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 10:53 AM
Hi! I'm Pam from San Diego, CA.

Hi Pam! Greetings from the UK!! xx

Hildy
12-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Mon prénom est Hildegarde et comme c'est un peu long tout le monde m'appelle Hildy.
Je vis à Nantes en Loire Atlantique, sur le bord de l'océan Atlantique.
Découvrez ici (https://www.google.fr/search?q=Photos+de+Nantes&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidk7bKjP_eAhWrLsAKHUwcAJYQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1868&bih=924)cette ville !

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 11:06 AM
Mon prénom est Hildegarde et comme c'est un peu long tout le monde m'appelle Hildy.
Je vis à Nantes en Loire Atlantique, sur le bord de l'océan Atlantique.
Découvrez ici (https://www.google.fr/search?q=Photos+de+Nantes&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwidk7bKjP_eAhWrLsAKHUwcAJYQsAR6BAgFEAE&biw=1868&bih=924)cette ville !

Bonjour Hildy!

Nantes a l'air incroyable! J'aime l'éléphant mécanique !!

Pippa x

GGGarden
12-01-2018, 11:13 AM
My name is Kate and I live in Southern California.

Toucan Scraps
12-01-2018, 11:27 AM
My name is Angela, and I live in England.

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 11:40 AM
My name is Kate and I live in Southern California.

HI Kate! NIce to meet you!! Pippa x

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 11:41 AM
My name is Angela, and I live in England.

Hi Angela! I live "down South" but am originally from Yorkshire!! Pipp-a x

Toucan Scraps
12-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Hi Angela! I live "down South" but am originally from Yorkshire!! Pipp-a x

Hello Pipp-a
My dad was from Yorkshire, my mother from the South Coast. I'm raising my family in the Midlands.

KAPOH
12-01-2018, 12:07 PM
What is your first name? and where do you live ?
My name is Karon and I'm from Columbus OH, STILL home of Major League Soccer's Columbus CrewSC

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 12:12 PM
Hello Pipp-a
My dad was from Yorkshire, my mother from the South Coast. I'm raising my family in the Midlands.

You went for the in-between option! My mum is from Nottingham so I do have some Midlands blood, if you count Nottingham as the MIdlands....!

Sorry for typo on my name. ... I'm actually Pippa, no need for a hyphen, that was just my clumsy fingers!!

Pups_r_Paps
12-01-2018, 12:38 PM
Hi from "not so sunny" central Florida! My name is Sharon.

Su, it's raining in my area of Florida right now as well!

Patsy, if you are getting rain like Su and me, it's a lot better than snow!!!!! Welcome to the southland!

Buddy the O' Elf
12-01-2018, 01:25 PM
Oh my god you are so fast.
Congratulations to Hildegarde who reached post #30

Pippa, you made me laugh with all your posts and you missed post 30.
But since I'm so sweet, you also win a little gift.

If you have won a prize, try to leave the prizes to other members, but please continue to share together.

A new question now :
Question 2 : What are your favorite color for Christmas ? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?

Prize to Post#80

If you arrived here, you 'd find all the questions and winners in the first post.

scrap-genie
12-01-2018, 01:32 PM
My favorite Christmas colors probably are silver and gold. We don't decorate much but do put a swag on the door and have a wonderful poinsettia that blooms every year.

Nickel
12-01-2018, 01:55 PM
I love the res/ green combination but I love alternative approaches like ultramarine/ gold too

ouisiekelly
12-01-2018, 02:04 PM
I'm getting rain and it is all gloomy and 42 degrees. Need to put up decorations to brighten things up.
My name is Luisa and I decorate outside and inside. Even in the bathrooms!

jang123
12-01-2018, 02:29 PM
My name is Jan and I live in Wisconsin by Lake Michigan. I was born and grew up in Michigan so cold is nothing new but this year it started way too early. We have had snow twice and single digit with wind chill temps. We do decorate outside and in. I have Christmas vignettes all over the house even in the bathroom. My favorite Christmas colors are red, green, and gold.

lmjrocko
12-01-2018, 02:30 PM
From Michigan

What are your favorite colors for Christmas? blues and gold

How do you decorate your home? No tree - bulbs on stands put here and there

Do you put decorations outside? no

KAPOH
12-01-2018, 02:33 PM
What are your favorite colors for Christmas ?
How do you decorate your home?
Do you put decorations outside?
RED.
Usually put out a few of the holiday ceramics I made YEARS ago.
Not for years.

KMHoch
12-01-2018, 03:07 PM
My name is Kathy from Spring, Tx. My favorite Christmas colors are blue and silver and we usually have a tree and Advent Wreath but do not decorate outside.

faerywings
12-01-2018, 04:01 PM
:wave: Hi Buddy!! I can't believe it has been a year since we saw you last! welcome back!

To answer your questions...
I am Chris and I live in New Jersey.

Question 2 : What are your favorite colors for Christmas ? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?
I don't know if I like a specific color, maybe silver and gold?
We decorate with a real tree that is covered in ornaments through all of the years we have been together-- a mish-mash of Disney Collectibles to the macaroni painted ones made by my kids years ago. Each pet has their own ornament too.
I put lights up outside but that's it. Halloween is the big outdoor display for this family :)

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Oh my god you are so fast.
Congratulations to Hildegarde who reached post #30

Pippa, you made me laugh with all your posts and you missed post 30.
But since I'm so sweet, you also win a little gift.

If you have won a prize, try to leave the prizes to other members, but please continue to share together.

A new question now :
Question 2 : What are your favorite color for Christmas ? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?

Prize to Post#80

If you arrived here, you 'd find all the questions and winners in the first post.

Thanks for my prize Buddy, you're very kind!

I love rustic Christmas style so I decorate with red, green, antique silver and brown. But I have a different theme in my conservatory and decorate in duck egg blue and silver here!

We don't have lights on the house but I like to have a wreath on the door and some signs outside to make sure Father Christmas knows to visit our home. I have a garland on my staircase and lots of twinkling fairy lights inside the living area!

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 04:14 PM
Hi from "not so sunny" central Florida! My name is Sharon.

Su, it's raining in my area of Florida right now as well!

Patsy, if you are getting rain like Su and me, it's a lot better than snow!!!!! Welcome to the southland!

Hi Sharon! It sounds like you're getting British weather right now!!! LOL! Pippa x

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 04:15 PM
:wave: Hi Buddy!! I can't believe it has been a year since we saw you last! welcome back!

To answer your questions...
I am Chris and I live in New Jersey.

I don't know if I like a specific color, maybe silver and gold?
We decorate with a real tree that is covered in ornaments through all of the years we have been together-- a mish-mash of Disney Collectibles to the macaroni painted ones made by my kids years ago. Each pet has their own ornament too.
I put lights up outside but that's it. Halloween is the big outdoor display for this family :)

Hi Chris! I love that your pets have ornaments too - so cute! Pippa x

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 04:17 PM
I'm loving you guys who decorate your bathrooms! I feel a bit underdecorated now!! LOL!

Madi
12-01-2018, 04:35 PM
My name is Pippa and i live in the New Forest in the south of England!!
we have visited that region in the past and the best memory we have is a picture of a tent with a horse/donkey half in it!

Madi
12-01-2018, 04:36 PM
1. I am Diane and I live in the Netherlands!

Madi
12-01-2018, 04:38 PM
2. colours for Christmas:

Gold! I started 30 years ago with all golden ornaments and over the years I have added Silver, Bronze, Brownish/wood, White.

I decorate the tree,
the chimney (mirror)
the front window
and we used to have lights outside in our tree, but the tree is gone and so are the lights!

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 04:52 PM
we have visited that region in the past and the best memory we have is a picture of a tent with a horse/donkey half in it!

Yes, we have lots of donkeys and horses roaming free here! Once a year they get rounded up and identified/ treated for disease etc. as they do have owners - it's just ancient common land and so they all let them out to go wild.

I have a funny donkey story too! In the summer we went to the pub and when I opened my door to get back in the car to go home, one donkey stuck his head into the driver compartment and rested it on my steering wheel and another one came and leaned against the passenger door on the other side of my car! They were there for ages! The donkeys are so sweet and funny and their babies in the spring are just lovely.

pearlsgirl
12-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Right, bedtime for me! Goodnight all and happy December!

01lousmith
12-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Thank you Elf!!

Question2:
What are your favorite color for Christmas ? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?

We just put up the Christmas tree today. It's got peacock colors... and a bunch of preschoolers' decorations in all sorts of colours and materials!
We have a ringy thingy (not sure what's the word in English) on our front door, and hubby will be putting up some Christmas lights on the house tomorrow.

GGGarden
12-01-2018, 05:20 PM
What are your favorite color for Christmas? Red & Silver

How do you decorate your home? I decorate my fireplace mantel, put up a tree and hang wreaths.

Do you put decorations outside? Yes - a wreath on the front door and red poinsettias and white cyclamen on the porch.

caapmun
12-01-2018, 06:39 PM
Hi! - I'm Carmel and I live in South Australia, Australia.

What are your favorite color for Christmas? Gold & Silver

How do you decorate your home? Just a Christmas Tree - with all the trimmings

Do you put decorations outside? Just a wreath on the door

Elsi
12-01-2018, 07:25 PM
Gee willikers! Get here after supper and there's already 60 posts in this thread and prizes given. A girl has to be on her toes around here.

I'm Elsi. I live in the great state of Texas -- near to the DFW area. Right now I'm in South Carolina wending my way home on the last week of a month-long RV trip from Texas to Virginia (where we celebrated Thanksgiving with my sister and her family) and return.

I'm a traditionalist -- I prefer red and green with the metallic accents of silver and gold. Most years we have lots of lights on the front of the house and wreaths on the windows. We're empty nesters, so we don't put up a tree. I do, however, set up my Advent wreath on the first Sunday of Advent and then set out the Creche (Nativity) about 2 weeks before Christmas. The grandkids and I move the shepherds and wise men closer and closer to the stable and the Christ Child is placed in the manger on Christmas Eve.

BrightEyes
12-01-2018, 09:11 PM
!. My name is Kay and I live in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. It is right beside Albuquerque and is the 2nd largest city in New Mexico.

2. I love Victorian decorations. I have a white lighted tree with burgundy and gold Victorian styled ornaments, angles, reindeer, drums, large gold bows, snowflakes, plus 6 long double-sided burgundy-velvet/gold-metallic twisted ribbons swirled around the tree and a beautiful angel topper. The tree skirt that I made has a white with gold leaves fabric background and 4 large Victorian Old St. Nickolas appliques accented with gold ribbons and lace. I have several Victorian Santas and a few large angels plus a large musical Victorian snow-globe with Santa and critters. The dining room table has a gold cloth covered with white lace. The centerpiece is a black double tiered candle holder with 10 lt burgundy square candles surrounded by seasonal greenery and flowers sitting on gold table runner. There are 2 tall brass candlesticks with burgundy votive candles sitting at each end of the centerpiece. I have 2 Victorian wreaths in the living room in matching ribbons and decorations to the tree plus one on the outside of the front door. Normally I decorate the whole house with seasonal baskets, Christmas figures, sleighs, wreaths, greenery and stockings but this is my 1st Christmas without my hubby, so have limited decorating to the living room. The tree is placed in front of the large window and is visible from the street. That will serve as my outdoor decorations this year.

felis
12-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Question 2 : What are your favorite colors for Christmas ? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?[/B]

I like mess up from colors and styles. One unit toy, everything that is been abandoned, bypass or little damaged can find a little love in our house. :peep:

VickiStegall
12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
I'm Vicki from Moore, Oklahoma

We have all of my childhood ornaments, plus a mishmash of ornaments we've collected over the years so it's a very colorful and eclectic tree.

We do put decorations outside. This year we decided to go with a Grinch theme outside and only put one strand of lights on the house with half of it hanging down, landing behind a blow up Grinch figure and the rest of the light laying around on the ground like he's pulling them down and taking them. It's pretty cute!

VickiStegall
12-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Gee willikers! Get here after supper and there's already 60 posts in this thread and prizes given. A girl has to be on her toes around here.

I know! I thought the same thing! It's going to take a bit read through it all to get to know everyone a little bit....

nightshadow
12-01-2018, 11:59 PM
I'm Elaina from Cape Coral,Florida.

Our big tree is covered with ornaments my husband and I have collected over the 41 years of our marriage from places we have lived and trips we have taken, so there is no theme but lots of nostalgia. We also put up a small tree near the front door which I created years ago. It's covered with baby's breath and burgundy colored Poinsettias.

The colors I use for other decorations changes from year to year but are usually some form of green and red, burgundy, pink, and/or white.

We put up white lights outside and have a wire mesh snowman who tips his hat. There are two small wire mesh red birds on the ground in front of him to create a little winter scene here in the heat of SW Florida.

easyeyes4you
12-02-2018, 12:23 AM
Question #1

I am Liz and I live in Redding, California this is in the northern part of the state, a little over an hour for the Oregon border, 20 minuets from Lake Shasta and 45 minutes to Mt Shasta.

In the news: My town was hit by the big CARR fire this year... in late August, and I am about 2 hours north of the big CAMP fire that just happened, and wiped out the town of Paradise.

webfrau
12-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Kia ora. I'm Julia from New Zealand.

I love clear glass baubles on my tree, so it's mainly clear & white decorations with metallic (mostly gold) and the odd pop of red or green for accents. Have to admit I haven't had a tree at all for the last couple of years.

wombat146
12-02-2018, 01:21 AM
Hi everyone!! My name is Ona and I live in Tasmania, Australia.

It's been so interesting reading about where everyone lives!

We have sold our property here and are looking for a house to buy so we won't be doing too much decorating at all as we don't know when we will actually leave here! So I will be looking forward to Christmas 2019 to be able to properly decorate! LOL!

scrap-genie
12-02-2018, 02:11 AM
Question #1

I am Liz and I live in Redding, California this is in the northern part of the state, a little over an hour for the Oregon border, 20 minuets from Lake Shasta and 45 minutes to Mt Shasta.

In the news: My town was hit by the big CARR fire this year... in late August, and I am about 2 hours north of the big CAMP fire that just happened, and wiped out the town of Paradise.

Liz, so good to see you participating here! Always worry about you with those fires, especially after the dramatic photos you posted so near you earlier this year.

cfile
12-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Question 2 :
What are your favorite colors for Christmas ? RED, WHITE, GREEN AND GOLD
How do you decorate your home? I PUT UP THE TREE AND ADD THE STOCKINGS TO THE FIRELACE
Do you put decorations outside? NO

easyeyes4you
12-02-2018, 03:15 AM
Liz, so good to see you participating here! Always worry about you with those fires, especially after the dramatic photos you posted so near you earlier this year.

Thanks Jean... It has been an interesting year... I posted a page on another site of the CAMP Fire... no Oscraps products so I can't post here... and now the earthquake in Alaska... my 2 sons were both invovled with that one... Just posted the template day 1 challenge here, with photos from that....

LaurieW
12-02-2018, 05:40 AM
Hi - I am Laurie and I live in Orrville Ohio - home to Smuckers.

My favorite Christmas colors - all of them, but they have to coordinate
We decorate our home with trees, Santa, shiny baubles and Christmas Cards we have received.
My husband decorates the outside - Last year he bough me a giant light up JOY that I have admired for several years. We have that and bushes lit up, icicle lights from the gutters, a toboggan with skates and a wreath and several deer. Plus light up wreaths on the doors.

timounette
12-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Thanks Jean... It has been an interesting year... I posted a page on another site of the CAMP Fire... no Oscraps products so I can't post here... and now the earthquake in Alaska... my 2 sons were both invovled with that one... Just posted the template day 1 challenge here, with photos from that....

Oh hard year for you Liz..
I wish that 2019 would be better !

pearlsgirl
12-02-2018, 05:58 AM
Hi - I am Laurie and I live in Orrville Ohio - home to Smuckers.

My favorite Christmas colors - all of them, but they have to coordinate
We decorate our home with trees, Santa, shiny baubles and Christmas Cards we have received.
My husband decorates the outside - Last year he bough me a giant light up JOY that I have admired for several years. We have that and bushes lit up, icicle lights from the gutters, a toboggan with skates and a wreath and several deer. Plus light up wreaths on the doors.

Your light display sounds fabulous Laurie!!

faerywings
12-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Hi Chris! I love that your pets have ornaments too - so cute! Pippa x

Yup- every one of them since we had our first cat.We have quite the collection now.

My DD had pets rats (they passed this past Autumn) and their names are Clover and Muffin. My son made Sculpy ornaments for their first christmas- and one is a muffin and the other is a clover leaf.
Before you all go "awwww," my kids are 20 and 22! :pound:

faerywings
12-02-2018, 06:03 AM
Question #1

So scary Liz! My uncle lives in Los Altos and said that the smoke and smell was so bad even by them.

Did your sons in Alaska have damage to their homes?

faerywings
12-02-2018, 06:06 AM
Yes, we have lots of donkeys and horses roaming free here! Once a year they get rounded up and identified/ treated for disease etc. as they do have owners - it's just ancient common land and so they all let them out to go wild.

I have a funny donkey story too! In the summer we went to the pub and when I opened my door to get back in the car to go home, one donkey stuck his head into the driver compartment and rested it on my steering wheel and another one came and leaned against the passenger door on the other side of my car! They were there for ages! The donkeys are so sweet and funny and their babies in the spring are just lovely.
OMG!! How cuuuuute!!!

In case you didn't know by now, *winks* I adore all animals and seeing a donkey by my car would make my day!

Buddy the O' Elf
12-02-2018, 06:06 AM
Where and who is the next winner ?
Come on ....

timounette
12-02-2018, 06:12 AM
Question 2 :
What are your favorite colors for Christmas ? I prefer blue, white and silver... but I have a lot of red and green decorations
How do you decorate your home? we have a small tree wiith decorations on it, and some décorations on windows and on the stairs... But this year, we have Olly, our cat. So not sure the décorations 'll stay in place ;-)
Do you put decorations outside? no

timounette
12-02-2018, 06:13 AM
Oups my post doesn't count, The cheery'Os can't win...

seniorgal
12-02-2018, 06:39 AM
We go with the traditional red and green with some white. We have a tree, greens on the fireplace mantle and a few lights outside.

faerywings
12-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Oups my post doesn't count, The cheery'Os can't win...
:pound:
I had to :tape: just in time too!

wombat146
12-02-2018, 07:05 AM
:pound: who wants a drink while we wait for Buddy! :partywineCan't find my stash of blue bottles so red will have to do! :pound: :pound:

Buddy the O' Elf
12-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Yeah we have our winner !
CONGRATS BARBARA !

Cheers Ona... Don't drink too much just enough to laugh :p

Well a new question now :

Prize to post#115

clindoeil
12-02-2018, 07:47 AM
I drink a glass of hot wine with you Ona ! here in Alsace it's the time of hot mullet wine ....

#vin chaud #glühwein #vin chaud

https://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/noel/noel17.gif (http://www.emoticonland.net/emoticone-smiley_noel_gratuit.html)

BrightEyes
12-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Usually have turkey and ham with all the trimmings. Not sure this year as it will be at DD#1's.

garrynkim
12-02-2018, 08:34 AM
Kim from Las Vegas, I decorate in mostly red and white and yes hubby goes all out in the yard. For Christmas dinner we have prime rib and turkey with all the trimmings. Love Christmas!

Toucan Scraps
12-02-2018, 08:47 AM
What do we have for Christmas Dinner? The answer depends on where we are and who is cooking. Normally we have a hot roast dinner. If I'm cooking it will be whatever meat Daniel found in the clearance counter, with seasonal veg (brussel sprouts and carrots are a favourite) and roast potatoes.
Our parents would do the full traditional Christmas Dinner of turkey, stuffing, sprouts, cabbage, carrots, parsnips (yuck), cranberry sauce and roast potatoes.

wombat146
12-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Yeah we have our winner !
CONGRATS BARBARA !

Cheers Ona... Don't drink too much just enough to laugh :p

I drink a glass of hot wine with you Ona ! here in Alsace it's the time of hot mullet wine ....

#vin chaud #glühwein #vin chaud

https://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/noel/noel17.gif (http://www.emoticonland.net/emoticone-smiley_noel_gratuit.html)

Congrats Barbara!!! :dance:

Okay Buddy, I have had just enough to be happy and now I am going to bed!!! bwahahhaaaaa!! :)

Marie-Claire, I have never had hot mullet wine before! It does sound nice for a cold night! Cheers! :)

taxed4ever
12-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Oh my gosh you ladies have been busy here in this thread!! It is so fun finding out all about you and all of your Christmas traditions!

Question 2 - We decorate inside and outside, favourite Christmas Colours are Gold and Ivory for the tree. Lots of White and Red Poinsettias around the house and lights outside. Not as much decorating this year as none of our kids or grandkids will be here for Christmas :sad: Still I love to make the house beautiful for the Season. Hubby not so much LOL.

Question 3 - Going to SIL's for Christmas Dinner this year, but most likely it will be the traditional Turkey and Ham with all the trimmings. :hungry:

wombat146
12-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Christmas Dinner?? Well Downunder it is too hot for traditional hot food so we mainly have a salad with either some hot (cooked very early in the morning when it is cooler and then warmed up at lunch time) and/or cold meats like chicken, pork or ham. In years past we have also had barbecues with steak and sausages and salad. We always end up with a traditional plum pudding though, with yummy brandy custard and cream! Yum! :)

KAPOH
12-02-2018, 09:39 AM
What do you have for Christmas dinner?
Generally, ham. Sides would include cornbread dressing, corn pudding, and what we call scalloped potatoes. That makes for a somewhat "beige" colored dinner plate, so I might throw in some spinach for "green" and "Harvard" beets for "red." I'm getting HUNGRY.

Hildy
12-02-2018, 10:45 AM
Alors pour le questionnaire n°2.
J'aime le bleu, le blanc et l'argent et le naturel ! Des fois le sapin est tout en bois naturel ou bien fait avec des branches mais la déco blanche !
Déco extérieure une couronne de Bienvenue sur la porte , mais l'intérieur oui le salon , le séjour ainsi que l'entrée !

Questionnaire n°3
Le réveillon nous sommes que quatre alors Fruits de mer, fromage et des miniardises "petits gâteaux " et le jour de Noël toute la famille est là alors Foie Gras fait maison par mes soins , rôti de volaille farci avec son accompagnement, fromage, et Bûche glacée Oummmm !!!!!
Voilà mes petites dames !!!
Marie Claire n'abuse pas trop du vin chaud et des Bredeles, Stollen, Mannala et Bretzels.....franchement c'est trop bon tout ça !!!!!!!

Pups_r_Paps
12-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Christmas dinner usually is ham since we typically have turkey for Thanksgiving. And then on New Year's Day we've GOT to have black-eyed peas and ham for good fortune the rest of the year. Plus it uses up the leftover ham!

Toucan Scraps
12-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Christmas dinner usually is ham since we typically have turkey for Thanksgiving. And then on New Year's Day we've GOT to have black-eyed peas and ham for good fortune the rest of the year. Plus it uses up the leftover ham!

recipe for the black-eyed peas and ham please!

tlcd1961
12-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Question 1: Tammy and I live in Altus, OK
Question 2: I tend to be a traditional Christmas red and green. I decorate in side, but not outside. We tried that once. The lights didn't work once we got them up! We never tried again!
Question 3: Pot Roast, mashed potatoes with white gravy, brown gravy also (we love gravy), plain green beans for my picky eaters, broccoli rice casserole, creamy herbed vegetables, home-made rolls with butter, deviled eggs, and a couple of pies and cakes for dessert. I usually try to find a new recipe each year.

VickiStegall
12-02-2018, 11:56 AM
I'm getting HUNGRY.

Me too! lol

VickiStegall
12-02-2018, 11:58 AM
Question 1: Tammy and I live in Altus, OK
Question 2: I tend to be a traditional Christmas red and green. I decorate in side, but not outside. We tried that once. The lights didn't work once we got them up! We never tried again!
Question 3: Pot Roast, mashed potatoes with white gravy, brown gravy also (we love gravy), plain green beans for my picky eaters, broccoli rice casserole, creamy herbed vegetables, home-made rolls with butter, deviled eggs, and a couple of pies and cakes for dessert. I usually try to find a new recipe each year.

Hello fellow Okie! I"m in Moore :)

scrap-genie
12-02-2018, 01:01 PM
For Christmas dinner we don't have a traditional meal (that was roast goose when my in-laws were living) but go for a beef roast or steaks most years now with simple sides as it's just the two of us.

DivaMom96
12-02-2018, 01:01 PM
I'm Deborrah, and I live in Tampa, Florida

I don't celebrate Christmas, but my favorite December colors are pink, gold and lime green.

We celebrate Chanukah and I always choose one day during the eight-day festival and make potato latkes with sour cream and apple sauce. It's delicious and my boys (even to this day) always want me to make them for the Holiday.

Buddy the O' Elf
12-02-2018, 01:15 PM
I am loving all the different Christmas Dinner traditions! All this talk about food is making Buddy hungry!!!

nobles
12-02-2018, 01:44 PM
I have not seen this thread before and would like to reply:

1 - What is your first name? and where do you live?
My first name is Ursula and I live in Switzerland, in a small town close to Zurich

2 - What are your favorite colors for Christmas? How do you decorate your home? Do you put decorations outside?
I don't have any special colours for Christmas. Actually, I don't decorate my home as I have a very active 8-month-old Australian Shepherd girl. Outside I have a few lights.

We usually have Filet Wellington for Christmas dinner with a fine red wine.

easyeyes4you
12-02-2018, 01:51 PM
#2 Favorite Christmas decorations

I have always loved Christmas and have always fully decorated my house from one end to the other.. When the kids were little even their bedrooms, the bath rooms all of it... used to sort of compete with friends who also did this!!!!

The colors change with my mood... For the past few years, my tree has been decorated with purple and Gold items, ornaments, birds and butterflies... All bought when I bought the tree which is a piece of real tree trunk drilled to accept the fake branches... The white lights are left on it , and it tucks into a corner of my garage for the other 11 months of the year... ready to be plopped into its corner in the living room and decorated if I have the energy and time... It is pretty with no decorations ...

Before this one, I had a tree that my husband and I made out of piano wire, grape vine wreathes. torn apart and attached to the wire and pine garlands, wrapped on top of this... It hung from a hook in the ceiling , and did not touch the floor... We decorated it with misty grey tulle (think fog) and pink and aqua flowers and other decorations and white mini lights... We had seen this done in a craft shop and the colors were the ones in style at that time... early 90's

That said, I like deep bright red also and usually have poinsettias sitting around in that color...

...and yes, I decorate outside also... my new lights are icicles controlled by my iPhone... I just got them up last night so have not played with programming them yet... Bought for next to nothing on the last day our local OSH hardware store was open! Loved that store...

pearlsgirl
12-02-2018, 05:21 PM
I'm Deborrah, and I live in Tampa, Florida

I don't celebrate Christmas, but my favorite December colors are pink, gold and lime green.

We celebrate Chanukah and I always choose one day during the eight-day festival and make potato latkes with sour cream and apple sauce. It's delicious and my boys (even to this day) always want me to make them for the Holiday.

Happy Chanukah Debborah! Pippa xxx

pearlsgirl
12-02-2018, 05:25 PM
For Christmas dinner we have turkey. I make my own bread sauce and cranberry sauce and I always make red cabbage and apple. We have Brussels sprouts with bacon, roast potatoes and parsnips in parmesan breadcrumbs, pigs-in-blankets and lots of gravy!! Then Christmas pudding but I usually do a chocolate sponge for the children as well.

mollyscraps
12-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Our traditional Christmas dinner is lasagna, garlic bread, salad and red jello

jang123
12-02-2018, 06:28 PM
We traditionally have turkey and all the fixins.

ptabbert
12-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Question 2: What are your favorite colors for Christmas?

My favorite colors are the traditional red and green. I think I will always stick with them for decorating.

ptabbert
12-02-2018, 07:48 PM
Question 3: How do you decorate your home and do you put decorations outside.

Until we retired we always had a large tree and many, many indoor and outdoor decorations. After we retired and bought a smaller place, the large tree has been replaced first by a smaller tabletop tree, then by a Charlie Brown tree, and now by a 2' lighted palm tree. Decorations still abound inside and out. For a couple of years my husband decorated the outside and used one of the boxes that plays Christmas music while the lights go on and off at different times. It was pretty cool!

bcgal00
12-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Love to learn a bit more about you all. I’m Rae and live in Port Coquitlam BC Canada. I love all the colors of Xmas especially burgundy and gold which is what goes on my tree along with silver. White lights are on the tree and the outside of the house.

Xmas dinner is always turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy with cream corn,carrots and cranberry sauce.

nightshadow
12-02-2018, 09:01 PM
I have not seen this thread before and would like to reply:

We usually have Filet Wellington for Christmas dinner with a fine red wine.

Oh YUM! Ursula, I would love to have Christmas dinner at your house. :)

scrap-genie
12-03-2018, 02:45 AM
I don't think I ever answered No. 1. I'm Jean and live in NE Ohio.

cfile
12-03-2018, 03:21 AM
#! - I am Christa and I live in Va Beach

cfile
12-03-2018, 03:22 AM
QUESTION 3 - What do you have for Christmas dinner? Shrimp Scampi and salad!

Madi
12-03-2018, 05:20 AM
Question 3: christmas dinner? I have no idea. 3 weeks left to think of something.

faerywings
12-03-2018, 05:44 AM
I am hungry along with the rest of you!

I have Christmas day here at my house for everyone. "Back in the day" I would cook a nice dinner and we would sit down with the china and crystal wine glasses. Then one year, right after my DD Caitlyn was born, I was suffering from Postpartum Depression. I had the little china cabinet doors open while I was taking out the dishes and one of my cats jumped onto the shelf, collapsing the whole thing. I sat on the floor sobbing hysterically. For a long time. As in, could not get a handle on it at all.

I started treatment for PPD soon after and realized how much pressure I had been puttting on myself.

After that, I just reheat leftovers from Christmas Eve at my mom's and my family all bring up a dish. Cookies for dessert. It is chaotic enough without having to add in broken china!

faerywings
12-03-2018, 05:47 AM
Question 3: How do you decorate your home and do you put decorations outside.

Until we retired we always had a large tree and many, many indoor and outdoor decorations. After we retired and bought a smaller place, the large tree has been replaced first by a smaller tabletop tree, then by a Charlie Brown tree, and now by a 2' lighted palm tree. Decorations still abound inside and out. For a couple of years my husband decorated the outside and used one of the boxes that plays Christmas music while the lights go on and off at different times. It was pretty cool!
My husband wanted to downsize our tree this year with a table top one. My kids squashed that idea very fast. But I bet the second that they move out of the house, that is what he is going to want to do to. Was it weird getting used to a small tree?

felis
12-03-2018, 06:22 AM

We have traditional meals that have to be made. The fasting food for Christmas eve and pork sacrifice for the Days of Christmas (the old tradition are always bloody). I'm agnostic right now, so no need to follow the orthodox tradition. :nono:

easyeyes4you
12-03-2018, 07:28 AM
Question #3 Christmas Dinner... Once upon a time when I had someone to cook for, Christmas dinner consisted of Shrimp cocktail, and Turkey Dinner, complete with mashed potatoes, dressing and giblet gravy... green peas, homemade dinner rolls, cranberry sauce, usually canned, and home made pumpkin pie with whipped cream. For a drink we made cranberry flips... This was a quarter cup of concentrated cranberry juice made with highbush cranberries that we picked when we lived in Alaska, that I canned every year, topped off with 7-up... I would still fix this dinner, if there was anyone to come to it... But in todays world my daughter hosts Christmas and my granddaughter has become our cook and dinner I usually baked ham with all the trimmings,,,,,. Before Meghan started cooking my daughter would sometimes fix steamed crab with garlic bread... Yum!!!!

PS... and like Chris always served on a cloth covered table with the best china , silver and Chrystal, and we all sat down together... Now we grab a plate, and get our food out of dishes on the counter and eat at a TV tray or table if lucky... other wise we balance our plate in our laps and hope the dogs don't steal too much when we look the other way... My daughters house is small and not set up for our family which now numbers 9....

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 07:50 AM
One year for Christmas dinner I made fajitas :)

We normally have ham, corn, peas, salad, potatoes, various casseroles, pies, etc.

Buddy the O' Elf
12-03-2018, 08:00 AM
Congratulations cfile for posting #115!

Next question is:

4 - What's the last Christmas movie you watched?

Next Winner at #150

felis
12-03-2018, 08:53 AM
4 - What's the last Christmas movie you watched?

"This Christmas" with Chris Brown, very funny!

I'm not start with them yet this year.

nightshadow
12-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Question 3: christmas dinner? I have no idea. 3 weeks left to think of something.

LOL...give yourself a break, make reservations somewhere special (A gift to yourself).

KAPOH
12-03-2018, 11:25 AM
What's the last Christmas movie you watched? 12/2/18, "A Star for Christmas" on Lifetime

Pups_r_Paps
12-03-2018, 11:51 AM
What's the last Christmas movie you watched?

If you see my post for Challenge #2 in the "12 Days of December Event", Hallmark Christmas Movies, (https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=403935&title=hallmark-christmas-movies&cat=1747), you'll see I have a lot of movies on my DVR to watch! Last night I watched: "A Shoe Addict's Christmas".

zanthia
12-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone ! I am Stacey and i live in overland park - suburb of kansas city

Question 2 :
What are your favorite colors for Christmas ? probably red with some gold

How do you decorate your home? back in seattle put up a artificial xmas tree each year. just about every ornament was dog( or labrador) related and many were specicfic to Cooper my beloved lab who died oct 30 2017. last year was first year in KC , xmas was skipped as it was a very sad time in my life due to cooper's passing and not sure if doing a tree this year.

Do you put decorations outside? many years ago put up some lights around house but hubby got tired of doing it so we stopped.

usually lamb with roasted rosemany baby potatoes

scrap-genie
12-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Question 4: I can't remember the last time I watched a Christmas movie. Maybe a version of A Christmas Carol? Basically they are not my thing.

GGGarden
12-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Question 3 - What do have for Christmas dinner? Always turkey with stuffing and gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, potatoes & carrots. For dessert flaming plum (Christmas) pudding. I even do all that if it's only the 2 of us!

taxed4ever
12-03-2018, 01:19 PM
I think the last Christmas movie I watched was last year... White Christmas, I watch it every year.

01lousmith
12-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Question 3: we have not had a "traditional" Christmas dinner for a number of years now. So the answer would be whatever takes our fancy and looks good in the shop the day we do the Christmas dinner shopping!

Question 4: joker! I don't think I've watched a Christmas movie since I was a teenager.

Hildy
12-03-2018, 04:21 PM
Le dernier film de Noël que j'ai vu c'est hier soir à la TV " Noël au bout des doigts " !

LaurieW
12-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Question 3 - changes now that the kids have grown. I am thinking bacon wrapped scallops and shrimp this year.

Question 4 - just finished watching Christmas Calendar on lifetime!

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Question 4 - just finished watching Christmas Calendar on lifetime!

How is it? It's on my list for this year.

(I've decided to watch a Christmas movie a day this year :) )

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 08:29 PM
What's the last Christmas movie you watched?

If you see my post for Challenge #2 in the "12 Days of December Event", Hallmark Christmas Movies, (https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=403935&title=hallmark-christmas-movies&cat=1747), you'll see I have a lot of movies on my DVR to watch! Last night I watched: "A Shoe Addict's Christmas".

I watched that one too. I was pleasantly surprised. I mean really, I couldn't image what Shoe's had to do with anything but I ended up thoroughly enjoying it.

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Question 4: I can't remember the last time I watched a Christmas movie. Maybe a version of A Christmas Carol? Basically they are not my thing.

What about Die Hard? That's a Christmas movie. In my opinion anyway lol

ptabbert
12-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Good choice, Vicki!

That's a hard one because I'm not really a Christmas movie person. It would probably be National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

scrap-genie
12-03-2018, 09:10 PM

Nope, not that either. This year I've actually been to the movie theater three times to see Puzzle, A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody, but nothing Christmas.

Adryane
12-03-2018, 09:29 PM
I watch every single Christmas movie I can find! When i visit my mom in a couple of weeks, we will watch all the Christmas movies on Lifetime :-) Tonight, I'm going to watch Christmas Prince, a Royal Wedding on Netflix.

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 10:00 PM
I watch every single Christmas movie I can find! When i visit my mom in a couple of weeks, we will watch all the Christmas movies on Lifetime :-) Tonight, I'm going to watch Christmas Prince, a Royal Wedding on Netflix.

I watched that one last night. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. It was hard for me. The end was ok though.

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 10:01 PM
Nope, not that either. This year I've actually been to the movie theater three times to see Puzzle, A Star Is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody, but nothing Christmas.

Maybe we should have the next question be latest movie then :)

KAPOH
12-03-2018, 10:46 PM

ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! One of the best action pix I've ever seen. I was exhausted when I was able to finally make it out of the theatre. :p

VickiStegall
12-03-2018, 11:09 PM
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS MOVIE!!!!!!! One of the best action pix I've ever seen. I was exhausted when I was able to finally make it out of the theatre. :p

I know, right!?!? LOVE it - still to this day!

This ranks right up there with Goonies for me :)

easyeyes4you
12-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Maybe we should have the next question be latest movie then :)

That I could answer... but still trying to remember the last Christmas one....

Went to Ralph Breaks the Internet last Friday... and the week before it was Instant Family... Really funny...

zanthia
12-04-2018, 01:31 AM
Question 4: last xmas movie - well none this year yet but usually watch its a wonderful life and miracle on 34th and some scrooge version. I do plan to watch some that are hallmark/lifetime but there are so many to choose form

nobles
12-04-2018, 01:32 AM
I don't watch special Christmas movies and I think the last one was The Merry Mishaps of Mr Bean.

nightshadow
12-04-2018, 01:59 AM
Question 4: last xmas movie - well none this year yet but usually watch its a wonderful life and miracle on 34th and some scrooge version. I do plan to watch some that are hallmark/lifetime but there are so many to choose form

My hubby loves It's a wonderful life. It kicks off his Christmas season.

nightshadow
12-04-2018, 02:00 AM
I've haven't cooked Christmas dinner for decades...lol. When we lived in the D.C. area we ate at one of the elegant downtown hotels, usually at the old and gorgeous Mayflower hotel. After moving to Florida many years ago, Christmas dinner became a hit or miss affair (mostly misses) until we discovered our favorite Northern Italian restaurant, Ariani's. The first time we did this I had Beef tenderloin Wellington, and that has become my "go to" Christmas dinner ever since.

nightshadow
12-04-2018, 02:02 AM
For me, any movie which makes me happy is considered a Christmas movie, especially the old Disney Classic animated films.

nightshadow
12-04-2018, 02:02 AM
Question 4 - What's the last Christmas movie you watched?
I don't remember the last one I watched. I haven't watched any Christmas movies yet this year.

easyeyes4you
12-04-2018, 02:34 AM
Yeah... I still have no answer for this one... don't usually go to Christmas movies and watching other things on TV... But I do remember well The Grinch who Stole Christmas so I will use it....

easyeyes4you
12-04-2018, 02:36 AM
I've haven't cooked Christmas dinner for decades...lol. When we lived in the D.C. area we ate at one of the elegant downtown hotels, usually at the old and gorgeous Mayflower hotel. After moving to Florida many years ago, Christmas dinner became a hit or miss affair (mostly misses) until we discovered our favorite Northern Italian restaurant, Ariani's. The first time we did this I had Beef tenderloin Wellington, and that has become my "go to" Christmas dinner ever since.

My youngest son, the one on the Earthquake page goes to an Oriental Restaurant for Christmas. I spent Christmas with his family in Las Vegas a few years ago and that was where we went and in a recent conversation he stated that is still what they do.. thanksgiving also I guess....

cfile
12-04-2018, 02:56 AM
whatever movie that was on the hallmark Channel, however as far as other Christmas movies, if you have Netflix, I watched Chrristmas Chronicles with Kurt Russell and it was fantastic... definitely a must watch if you have Netflix.

faerywings
12-04-2018, 05:25 AM
other wise we balance our plate in our laps and hope the dogs don't steal too much when we look the other way. Liz-- ain't that the *truth* LOL

We haven't watched any yet this year, the kids are so busy with the last weeks of the semester and finals/research papers are coming due. We did discuss the "must-sees" for this year at diner the other night- A Christmas Story Mickey's Christmas Carol are up there as well as The Grinch and SpongeBob's Christmas Special. I love It's a Wonderful Life but no one will watch it with me.

Dielle
12-04-2018, 03:03 PM
I'm Diannalynn and live in WA. We watched The Christmas Candle the other night and loved it.

timounette
12-04-2018, 04:13 PM
The 24th in the evening, it's like foie gras and seafood platter. And on the 25th a big poultry and a bucket for dessert
I don't know because we don't really have Xmas movie here

Buddy the O' Elf
12-04-2018, 04:44 PM
So sorry ladies, I'm really busy on this forum !!!

You have our newwinner : Congrats Nightshadow

Your new question

Prize to post#180

nightshadow
12-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Thank you so much Buddy. You're doing a great job as always.

We usually spend Christmas at home, although a couple of times we traveled up to Mt. Dora, Florida just before Christmas to see their fabulous lighting display. :)

KAPOH
12-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Where do you spend Christmas? At home.

lizziej
12-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Where do you spend Christmas? with family

ChrissyC
12-04-2018, 08:11 PM
My name is Christina (Chrissy) I live in Northern Calif, near Lake Tahoe

scrap-genie
12-04-2018, 09:22 PM
These days it's home with my husband, with maybe a little birding if the weather isn't bad.

VickiStegall
12-04-2018, 09:23 PM
We alternate Thanksgiving and Christmas between my family and my husband's family. One year here for Thanksgiving, in Texas for Christmas and vice versa the next year.

VickiStegall
12-04-2018, 11:11 PM
I don't watch special Christmas movies and I think the last one was The Merry Mishaps of Mr Bean.

That sounds like a fun one!

Hildy
12-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Question n°5 Où passez vous Noël ?
Cette année chez ma petite Soeur qui habite à une trentaine de Kms de chez moi! Tous les ans nous tournons donc une fois chez moi, une autre fois chez mon frère et cette année chez ma soeur !!!!

cfile
12-05-2018, 03:05 AM
We spend Christmas at home.. just the two of us.. me and DH :)

marijke
12-05-2018, 04:45 AM
question 5: we celebrate Christmas at home ... during the day my grandson is still so small we celebrate with my son at his home ... and the children can sleep in their own bed ...
we celebrate together with the family: my mum, my sister and brother-in-law and my son and his family ... as always I am the cook on duty ..

question 3: I'll prepare a stew with wild boar - celeriac puree - Belgian chicory and Brussels sprouts - I'll make a tomato soup with meatballs (my granddaughter her choice :) and a Christmas bûche as a dessert.

faerywings
12-05-2018, 04:51 AM

In my family, Christmas is a 2 day holiday. Christmas Eve is at my parents' house where we wait for Santa to come by on his fire truck. That has been the tradition since I was a toddler. Christmas Day everyone comes up here. When I was a kid, we always went to my Grandparents for dinner. We were allowed to bring one small toy with us and I swore that when I was a parent, I would never do that. So chaos reigns at my house. LOL

nobles
12-05-2018, 04:57 AM
5 - Where do you spend Christmas?
At home, just my hubby and me and our two dogs.

BrightEyes
12-05-2018, 08:41 AM

The family gets together at DD#1's house for dinner and present opening. Not sure if it will be on Christmas Eve or on Christmas Day this year.

nightshadow
12-05-2018, 09:17 AM
question 5: we celebrate Christmas at home ... during the day my grandson is still so small we celebrate with my son at his home ... and the children can sleep in their own bed ...
we celebrate together with the family: my mum, my sister and brother-in-law and my son and his family ... as always I am the cook on duty ..

question 3: I'll prepare a stew with wild boar - celeriac puree - Belgian chicory and Brussels sprouts - I'll make a tomato soup with meatballs (my granddaughter her choice :) and a Christmas bûche as a dessert.

That soup sounds delicious. I would love the recipe (if you have one :-D ).

felis
12-05-2018, 10:57 AM

At home, always at home! We can go anywhere for the New Years Eve, but Christmas have to be strictly traditional.

Adryane
12-05-2018, 02:14 PM
We are usually home but one of our best Christmases was spent in Mexico.

BrightEyes
12-05-2018, 05:10 PM
!. My name is Kay and I live in Rio Rancho, New Mexico. It is right beside Albuquerque and is the 2nd largest city in New Mexico.

2. I love Victorian decorations. I have a white lighted tree with burgundy and gold Victorian styled ornaments, angles, reindeer, drums, large gold bows, snowflakes, plus 6 long double-sided burgundy-velvet/gold-metallic twisted ribbons swirled around the tree and a beautiful angel topper. The tree skirt that I made has a white with gold leaves fabric background and 4 large Victorian Old St. Nickolas appliques accented with gold ribbons and lace. I have several Victorian Santas and a few large angels plus a large musical Victorian snow-globe with Santa and critters. The dining room table has a gold cloth covered with white lace. The centerpiece is a black double tiered candle holder with 10 lt burgundy square candles surrounded by seasonal greenery and flowers sitting on gold table runner. There are 2 tall brass candlesticks with burgundy votive candles sitting at each end of the centerpiece. I have 2 Victorian wreaths in the living room in matching ribbons and decorations to the tree plus one on the outside of the front door. Normally I decorate the whole house with seasonal baskets, Christmas figures, sleighs, wreaths, greenery and stockings but this is my 1st Christmas without my hubby, so have limited decorating to the living room. The tree is placed in front of the large window and is visible from the street. That will serve as my outdoor decorations this year.

Just posted photos of my Christmas Decorations in the gallery {HERE (https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=404181&title=it-27s-beginning-to-look-like-christmas&cat=all)} for those who would like to see what I was trying to describe. LOL

VickiStegall
12-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Lovely, lovely, lovely decorations and layout Kay!

VickiStegall
12-05-2018, 10:34 PM
So, 4 more posts to go until someone wins a $5 coupon to Snickerdoodle Designs. Let's get chatty y'all! :)

GGGarden
12-05-2018, 11:20 PM
I think I missed Question 4 - What's the last Christmas movie you watched?

I love old movies and the last Christmas movie I watched was Christmas in Connecticut with Barbara Stanwyck - one of my favorite actresses.

nightshadow
12-05-2018, 11:23 PM
I'll help....filler, filler, filler.

Hey Vicki, we need some Christmas smileys. :)

nightshadow
12-05-2018, 11:23 PM
One to go...

DigiGrace
12-05-2018, 11:28 PM
Question5: Where do you spend Christmas?
I'm home with my family on Christmas.

Buddy the O' Elf
12-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Elaina, you are so very helpful! I'll make sure santa puts you on the nice list this year :)

Buddy the O' Elf
12-05-2018, 11:56 PM
And, DigiGrace is the winner! I'll be back with a question in a few....

Buddy the O' Elf
12-06-2018, 12:00 AM
Question #6 - Tell us about a favorite vacation memory?

Next winner at 200!

nightshadow
12-06-2018, 01:03 AM
Elaina, you are so very helpful! I'll make sure santa puts you on the nice list this year :)

Thank you Buddy. :love:

zanthia
12-06-2018, 02:39 AM
just watched my first xmas movie this season - a very nutty christmas

nightshadow
12-06-2018, 04:23 AM
Posting to speed the trip to #200 for those who haven't won anything yet.

:lalala:

nightshadow
12-06-2018, 04:26 AM
Deck the halls with boughs of Holly...♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

nightshadow
12-06-2018, 04:28 AM
Fa, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

♫ ♫ ♫

nightshadow
12-06-2018, 04:29 AM
I ♥ Christmas music!

nightshadow
12-06-2018, 04:31 AM
:cheer2:

Okay...ten to go...good luck all.

felis
12-06-2018, 04:37 AM
I ♥ Christmas music!
Me too! Right now in my head is stuck Paul McCartney's ''Wonderful Christmas Time'', love this song!!!

genie
12-06-2018, 04:47 AM
1. I am Genie and I live in southern Indiana.
2. Silver and blue, it's only my husband and myself at home now so I don't do nuch decorating. I put light around my window and out side that window is where we put our live tree. I have a light on it at night but during the day the birds ude it for cover as it is right next to our bird feeders.
3. we have ham and mac & cheese along with some type of veggie for our dinner.
4. Christmas chronicles on Thanksgiving day.
5 at home
6.My favorite has to me 1986 Hawaii. We took our son there he was 11 at the time. we couldn't keep him out of the water, he even learned how to surf that year.

faerywings
12-06-2018, 05:17 AM
Question #6 - Tell us about a favorite vacation memory?

Any of the times my family has been at Disney World. I miss that place!

helenedubois
12-06-2018, 05:36 AM
The vacation of a lifetime--taken with very best friends. Went to Cortona, Italy, the most beautiful town and people. We laughed, saw wonderful sights and ate and enjoyed the wine for 7 jam packed days. We stayed in a wonderful home and had a divine meal prepared and served by a most amazing chef. The trip climaxed in Rome where somehow, without incident or any wrong turns, my husband pulled right up to our hotel. A most unforgetable experience.

clindoeil
12-06-2018, 06:09 AM
My december time is almost in the kitchen ! https://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/manger/eat66.gif (http://www.emoticonland.net/emoticone-smiley_manger_gratuit.html) https://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/manger/eat167.gif (http://www.emoticonland.net/emoticone-smiley_manger_gratuit.html) https://www.emoticonland.net/smileys/manger/eat66.gif (http://www.emoticonland.net/emoticone-smiley_manger_gratuit.html) baking baking baking cookies !

i am also making crochet ... i have two crochet unicorns to finish for Christmas for my 2 DD ... they will be great, but it is a such a huge job ! ! :eek2: :eek2:

Today we are going to celebrate Santa Klaus : i made a gingerbread house with my DD, and this evenning we are going to eat it ! ... A great job too, but it will disapear this evenning !

vivaartistry
12-06-2018, 07:49 AM
My favorite this year was 5 weeks in Turin, Italy where my husband was working all summer...he flew our daughters in as well for a long weekend with them. So much fun!!! we drove thru Switzerland to see the Montreux Jazz festival and on to Munich, Germany (where his other client was) and then back thru Switzerland to visit one of his childhood friends and Turin again. LOVED it. (vivie)

Cinna
12-06-2018, 08:36 AM
On of my favorite vacation memory is when our family spent two weeks in Croatia back in 2007. We had such a great time with long days at the beach, good food and see-sighting to nearby towns and sites!

KAPOH
12-06-2018, 09:12 AM
Tell us about a favorite vacation memory?
For many years, my vacation involved going to the U.S. National Figure Skating Championships. On my third such vacation, in 2000 in a small cold rink on the outskirts of Cleveland OH, I was shivering in the stands watching competitors warm up for the Novice Ice Dance. I saw this darling little couple on the ice and I could NOT take my eyes off of them. They would only finish in 6th place in their first "Nationals", but I could see the potential. They were barely in their teens, but they had such beautiful edges and there was just a certain something about them that screamed "watch us." I went to every Nationals competition in which they skated. Over the years I met their families and them, and were as charmed by them off the ice as on. And in 2009, back in Cleveland, I saw them win the first of six straight senior Nationals Gold Medals. And in 2014, Meryl Davis and Charlie White became the first U.S. Ice Dancers to win the Olympic Gold Medal. I sure can pick 'em!

PamS
12-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Going to Hershey PA many years ago. Just the smell of that town is a great memory, not to mention all the attractions

Pam

nobles
12-06-2018, 10:48 AM
Always the last vacation, we had a wonderful time with our dogs hiking in the mountain area, exactly near St. Moritz in Switzerland.

scrap-genie
12-06-2018, 01:03 PM
6. a favorite vacation memory?

Wow, that's hard to decide as I've loved our vacations, especially the birding tours. But the most recent favorite might be when the two of us had a jeep tour in Canyon de Chelly on Navajo tribal lands in NE Arizona. It is an amazing and beautiful place.

Hildy
12-06-2018, 03:42 PM
6 un souvenir de vacances préféré ?
My favorite holidays are those of last year in Corsica exactly in Calvi, with the whole family for the first time !!! Too good, too good !!! Under a beautiful sun !!!!!

zanthia
12-06-2018, 06:22 PM

at home

Susan - s3js
12-06-2018, 06:25 PM
My favorite vacation memory was a trip I made to London with my Aunt Pat. We shopped at the open air antiques markets in the early - I mean EARLY hours, went to the Christie's doll auction, the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood (now part of the V&A museums), did much sightseeing, and regular shopping too. And she taught me how to do some knitting stitches I'd never mastered. In the evenings for the two weeks we were there I knitted a very chic cotton, linen, silk and various furs sweater. I was trying to finish it at Heathrow and a woman offered me $400 for it unfinished - in 1984! My beloved aunt is no longer with us, but the memories of this most wonderful woman and this delightful vacation are crisp and clear!

Buddy the O' Elf
12-06-2018, 06:39 PM
And, we have a winner! Congrats nobles (Ursula)!

I'll be back shortly with the next question, although I've enjoyed everyone's vacation stories so much I hope everyone will keep answering that one too lol

Buddy the O' Elf
12-06-2018, 06:44 PM
Following along behind the vacation memories...

7- What country would you most love to visit?

next winner at 225

AZK
12-06-2018, 07:25 PM

Australia! I have relatives there, so I'd have a destination to plan for, then branch out to see the sights. And then I would have to make a side trip to New Zealand as long as I was in that corner of the world!

KAPOH
12-06-2018, 11:20 PM
What country would you most love to visit?
Easy. Russia.

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 12:53 AM
Oh my... I have gotten WAY behind on this thread!!!!

Where do you spend Christmas?

I would LOVE to have everyone at my house, but that is no longer even a remote possibility, with work schedules, 2 out of 3 kids living in Alaska along with their kids and pets... Closest is my daughter who has too many pets to leave... So I get to travel there... I only have 2 cats to worry about and my next door neighbor is their surrogate Mom... She takes better care of them than I do... So Christmas for me is at my Daughters, about 180 miles away in Folsom... WE follow the same traditions that were put in place when my kids were little.... When they were little and we had family all around we would head to my husbands parents home... along the way listening to Santa's progress as he was tracked by NORAD. After a Christmas eve brunch and opening gifts we would head out to his sisters place, for more festivities, and gifts, then back into town to my parents home, where we would eat more and open their gifts...then back home to wait for Santa's arrival... Growing up we always celebrated on Christmas Eve, but Santa does have to come with his offerings... so we have a bit more Christmas on Christmas morning...and then dinner at whoever's home is chosen that year... it varied... So to carry on this tradition we open the gifts on Christmas eve in the order we would have gotten them 50 years ago... at my daughter house there is her husband and both daughters, 1 grandson in law and the 3 great Grand children... There are 9 of us all together.

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:01 AM

Many fond memories of the trips my husband and I took to Hawaii...probably the time we went without kids is the most memorable... love remembering walking on the beaches, and down the little alleys packed with vendors selling their wares, driving around the island, eating ice cream cones, shopping the thrift shops for muumuus... eating pupas at Happy Hour... Yeah... Good times for sure.... (not sure about the spelling there... )

A close 2nd would be my youngest son's Wedding Cruise in the Caribbean!!!!!

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:06 AM
My favorite vacation memory was a trip I made to London with my Aunt Pat. We shopped at the open air antiques markets in the early - I mean EARLY hours, went to the Christie's doll auction, the Bethnal Green Museum of Childhood (now part of the V&A museums), did much sightseeing, and regular shopping too. And she taught me how to do some knitting stitches I'd never mastered. In the evenings for the two weeks we were there I knitted a very chic cotton, linen, silk and various furs sweater. I was trying to finish it at Heathrow and a woman offered me $400 for it unfinished - in 1984! My beloved aunt is no longer with us, but the memories of this most wonderful woman and this delightful vacation are crisp and clear!

Love it... Did you sell the sweater or keep it?

ChrissyC
12-07-2018, 01:07 AM
My favorite vacation was not really a vacation for my husband he had to work..but for me it was glorious. He had business in Haifa, Israel and I got to go..he had to go to the Intel plants in Haifa, Swindon, England and Dublin Ireland...Wheeee it was one heck of a 10 days..add 2 days in Paris just for fun..I will never ever forget this trip :)

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:10 AM
For many years, my vacation involved going to the U.S. National Figure Skating Championships. On my third such vacation, in 2000 in a small cold rink on the outskirts of Cleveland OH, I was shivering in the stands watching competitors warm up for the Novice Ice Dance. I saw this darling little couple on the ice and I could NOT take my eyes off of them. They would only finish in 6th place in their first "Nationals", but I could see the potential. They were barely in their teens, but they had such beautiful edges and there was just a certain something about them that screamed "watch us." I went to every Nationals competition in which they skated. Over the years I met their families and them, and were as charmed by them off the ice as on. And in 2009, back in Cleveland, I saw them win the first of six straight senior Nationals Gold Medals. And in 2014, Meryl Davis and Charlie White became the first U.S. Ice Dancers to win the Olympic Gold Medal. I sure can pick 'em!

cool!

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:11 AM
My favorite vacation was not really a vacation for my husband he had to work..but for me it was glorious. He had business in Haifa, Israel and I got to go..he had to go to the Intel plants in Haifa, Swindon, England and Dublin Ireland...Wheeee it was one heck of a 10 days..add 2 days in Paris just for fun..I will never ever forget this trip :)

Does your husband work for Intel? My daughter works for Intel in Folsom and has gone to Israel, and will be going to Ireland after Christmas....

My husband retired from Intel Folsom several years ago..he was the World Wide Site IT Manager..he had to go to every Intel around the world and I was lucky enough to go with him. He went to heaven after a brave battle with Multiple Myeloma, 2 years ago..I'm glad I took a lot of photos. Your daughter is going to love Ireland!! I sure did.

ChrissyC
12-07-2018, 01:13 AM
Where do I usually spend Christmas....The last few years I have traveled 2 hours from my town to my mother and sister's town of Paradise, Ca..I have spent so many Christmas's in my mothers little yellow cottage...Nov 8th they fled with their clothes on their backs. They lost their homes, they lost their town. They will be here with me this Christmas Eve..my grandson will be home on leave from the USAF first time he's ever been away from home..I cannot wait to pick him up at the airport Dec 22nd. It will be a very wonderful Christmas for me...my family is alive when so many didn't make it out.

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:20 AM
OH... Re: Vacations...

I forgot the year...1983 when my Mom and I went to Europe... a 2 week trip... Flower and Garden Tour... We landed in London , went to France, Giverney and Paris, Switzerland, Germany (Black Forest) and The Netherlands... Our tour guide was from there and gave us a tour of her parents tall, narrow house...So many memories of that trip also....

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Where do I usually spend Christmas....The last few years I have traveled 2 hours from my town to my mother and sister's town of Paradise, Ca..I have spent so many Christmas's in my mothers little yellow cottage...Nov 8th they fled with their clothes on their backs. They lost their homes, they lost their town. They will be here with me this Christmas Eve..my grandson will be home on leave from the USAF first time he's ever been away from home..I cannot wait to pick him up at the airport Dec 22nd. It will be a very wonderful Christmas for me...my family is alive when so many didn't make it out.

WOW... Your words are so real to me... I live maybe 2 hours from Paradise and am still dumbstruck by that fire... No words! Glad they got out OK... I live in Redding.

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:27 AM

I thought I had seen where you lived and had no memory of your being so close... So Paradise and 2 hours made me curious... went and snooped... WOW Shingle Springs!!! I bought a car there once... we should get together sometime... Did you know that Vicki Robinson lives in Roseville...?

How How cool we live close together..Roseville is close to me :) My little town is either called Cameron Park or Shingle Springs..for some reason they go together, sometimes Cameron Park is listed as Shingle Springs :)

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:28 AM

So if your husband works at Intel, it is probably in Folsom also...?
Yes he worked for Intel Folsom..but he started out at Santa Clara Intel..he was then transferred to Intel Chandler..when it was nothing but an empty lot..we were in AZ 9 years and then transferred back to CA Intel Folsom...he retired after 25 years with Intel..they paid my bills for many many years :)

nobles
12-07-2018, 01:32 AM

I have to countries I would most like to visit, Australia and New Zealand.

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:41 AM

I have to countries I would most like to visit, Australia and New Zealand.

Those are close... you could do both in one trip....

wombat146
12-07-2018, 01:45 AM
I would love to RE-visit Scotland! My sister and my went overseas in 2012 for 6 weeks and we had a fabulous time! Scotland was gorgeous and I so wished I could have stayed there longer! :)

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 01:52 AM
I would love to RE-visit Scotland! My sister and my went overseas in 2012 for 6 weeks and we had a fabulous time! Scotland was gorgeous and I so wished I could have stayed there longer! :)

My grandfather was born in Scotland... So that would be on my list...

nightshadow
12-07-2018, 02:15 AM
Next post wins a prize...go get it! :first:

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 02:17 AM
and my first choice of places to go at this time would be Australia

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 02:18 AM
Thanks Elaina... No one seemed to want to talk to me???? Kind of late for you, isn't it?

Hildy
12-07-2018, 03:06 AM
7 Which country would you like to visit most?

I would like to visit Polynesia! for that light, the wonderful landscapes with its islands and meet the people there! I've been dreaming for years!

cfile
12-07-2018, 03:17 AM

1) Go back to the UK
2) Denmark
3) Italy
4) Australia
5) Go back to Germany

felis
12-07-2018, 03:51 AM

England, best music and theaters!!! :music::humble:

genie
12-07-2018, 05:41 AM
7. Costa Rica and their rain forests

Buddy the O' Elf
12-07-2018, 06:27 AM
Easyeyes4you : you are post 225 ...
Check your PM in a few minuts !

One more question to answer !

i liked to read your respons !

felis
12-07-2018, 08:04 AM

I like close destinations so to be at home for late dinner ;) . Or if including only one day out of home that could mean Greece too.

KAPOH
12-07-2018, 08:51 AM
What is your favorite holiday destination?
Every holiday season since 1932, State Auto Insurance Company in downtown Columbus, Ohio has set up a Christmas display featuring a life-size Nativity. Since "destination" means "a place that people will make a special trip to visit", I would say this qualifies.

nightshadow
12-07-2018, 09:26 AM

England, best music and theaters!!! :music::humble:

Me too, but also to see the countryside by train. I love trains! Not too many anymore in th U.S.

zanthia
12-07-2018, 01:37 PM

vacation - what's that ....

haven't had one on a zillion years - too expensive

pearlsgirl
12-07-2018, 02:21 PM

I haven't watched one yet this year but this weekend my boys want to watch Home Alone with me. My fave movies are Elf and National Lampoon's Christmas

At home - the last few years I have cooked christmas lunch for all my family.

20 years ago, my boyfriend at the time was working away in South Africa and I went there to join him for a holiday. We stayed in a wonderful hotel in a gorgeous little town and were upgraded and placed in the honeymoon suite. My boyfriend commented that he could see why people would choose to get married and honeymoon there. I agreed but didn't read too much into it. Two years later we were back there (with all our parents and close friends) getting married!!

India

Mallorca

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Thank you for the GC Buddy!

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 08:49 PM
What is your favorite holiday destination?

I think someplace close to home... Christmas seems to me to be a time for family to be together... that said.. I have spent Christmas in Las Vegas a couple of time... Destination thing and with family... Was fun too... we talked to family members that could not come on the iPad... that was something new at the time....

VickiStegall
12-07-2018, 09:02 PM

I would love to go to Disney World for Christmas. After that, I think I'd really love to go to Hawaii but then I always want to go to Hawaii :)

easyeyes4you
12-07-2018, 09:49 PM

I would love to go to Disney World for Christmas. After that, I think I'd really love to go to Hawaii but then I always want to go to Hawaii :)

Both sound fun, but for Christmas??? My husband and I went to Hawaii for Thanksgiving I think it was, once... It felt a bit strange not being at home with family.... I guess as long as your family was with you , it would be a fun thing to do....

VickiStegall
12-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Both sound fun, but for Christmas??? My husband and I went to Hawaii for Thanksgiving I think it was, once... It felt a bit strange not being at home with family.... I guess as long as your family was with you , it would be a fun thing to do....

I'd love to have the whole family there!

Susan - s3js
12-08-2018, 12:05 AM
If I can't go to London, I want to go to Gatlinburg. It's old world charm, safe streets, beautiful snowy mountains, great food, great things to do, and super friendly people make it our favorite 3-day holiday wonder!

Susan - s3js
12-08-2018, 12:12 AM
Love it... Did you sell the sweater or keep it?

I kept it. I still have it somewhere but it doesn't fit any more and it's way too heavy to wear for long. Still beautiful, though, and one of a kind!

Susan - s3js
12-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Does your husband work for Intel? My daughter works for Intel in Folsom and has gone to Israel, and will be going to Ireland after Christmas....

My husband retired from Intel Folsom several years ago..he was the World Wide Site IT Manager..he had to go to every Intel around the world and I was lucky enough to go with him. He went to heaven after a brave battle with Multiple Myeloma, 2 years ago..I'm glad I took a lot of photos. Your daughter is going to love Ireland!! I sure did.

She surely will love Ireland. The Irish are so hospitable - there truly is no such thing as a stranger there. Long ago they had laws that required a tavern - actually a travel lodge, not a beer joint, but there was always something to warm your innards - at intervals of a day's walk so everyone could be safe indoors before the ghosties, ghoulies, and all manner of beasties that go pop in the night came out. I would hazard that meant the highwaymen and other unsavories, too. It's such a part of the culture I can't imagine Ireland without it. I've made two trips there and loved every minute, even going through the check points and barriers into Northern Ireland and back. That Scottish Guardsman at the check point was such a bonny lad with his gorgeous blue eyes and ginger hair. He called my 50s something friend, Anna, a lassie and smiled at her - it made her whole year! It didn't hurt my 30s something feeling either when he turned that beautiful smile my way!

Susan - s3js
12-08-2018, 12:27 AM

Oh, Chrissy, I'm so sad for them but glad they are safe and will be where they are loved. My sister lives on Lake Elsinore and had to evacuate from the Holy Fire. She sent pictures that made me feel like she could have reached out and touch the flames from her front door. It was so scary! I can only imagine what all of you were going through. They were fortunate and didn't leave their home. They just moved in last winter and it was the first home they owned after retirement from the US Army.

Did your loved ones have the chance to meet Guy Fieri and get some of his barbeque? My mother-in-law hates his hair but loves his shows!

Hildy
12-08-2018, 02:17 AM
QUESTION 8- Quelle est votre destination de vacances préférée?
C'est le sud de la France, La Provence et oui !!!! Nous y avons un peu de famille et des amis....et avec ses jolis villages,ses champs d'oliviers, sa cuisine méditerranéenne ainsi que ses traditions ancestrales ce n'est que du pur BONHEUR !!!

faerywings
12-08-2018, 07:01 AM
What country would you most love to visit?

If I could teleport (I don't think I would make it on a flight) I would go to Australia in a heartbeat). A second choice would be to go to Italy to see where my grandparents/great-grandparents were born. Plus the history of the country. Not the food and wine, nope not that! :D

genie
12-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Hawaii for sure, I love a warm Christmas.

nobles
12-08-2018, 10:37 AM

With the dogs, it is the Engadine in Switzerland, without dogs it is Majorca.

cfile
12-08-2018, 12:07 PM

next winner at 275
Staying at home.. in the past back in the 1975/1976 we spent Christmas in Florida at Disney , but I think too I would love to celebrate Christmas in the UK