PDA

View Full Version : Win Your Wish - Questions & Answers

VickiStegall
03-08-2018, 08:18 PM
https://www.oscraps.com/shop/images/D/Oscraps-WinYourWish-forum-2018.jpg

We are gearing up to celebrate our 12th Birthday!
And, to get everyone in the mood we are
GRANTING WISHES!

So, while it may be our birthday, YOU all will be the WINNERS!
Afterall, we wouldn't be here without you!

Thank you for an amazing 12 years!!!

How to win.....

All you have to do is visit each participating designer's shop, pick your favorite item (or twelve). Then post that item - either a picture or a link (or even better, both!) in their individual designer thread here in the forums. Only one item per post please. The more you post the more chances you have to win!

Please note that ALL participating designers threads are posted here. Please do not create your own threads for other designers.

Do you have a question on how all this works? Feel free to post in this thread. We'll be happy to help.

SueCummings
03-08-2018, 11:02 PM
Let the wishing begin!

taxed4ever
03-08-2018, 11:15 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Oscraps ... well you know the rest!! Lets get this Party Started!! :bday:

felis
03-09-2018, 01:46 AM
Very best wishes and Happy Birthday O! :clap2:

Traumelfe
03-09-2018, 02:31 AM
Yeah!!! Happy Birthday Oscraps!!!:bday
Let's the party begin.:rockon:

Dady
03-09-2018, 02:54 AM
Happy Birthday Oscraps :blast:

Ellen
03-09-2018, 03:09 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Oscraps:first:

AnikA68
03-09-2018, 03:10 AM
let the party begin::grouphug:clap2:

timounette
03-09-2018, 04:24 AM
A new party ??? Great news !!!
Happy birthday Oscraps and thanks Vicki for all you do here.

marijke
03-09-2018, 04:29 AM
:HapBirth: Oscraps ...
Let's party ...

nightshadow
03-09-2018, 05:05 AM
Happy Birthday Oscraps, and many more to come. :HapBirth:

01lousmith
03-09-2018, 08:05 AM
Happy 12th Birthday! Are you officially "teenagers" then?! Oh my... lol!

musicmom3
03-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Happy, happy, happy birthday Vicki! So very grateful to you for creating this community. Thank you!

zlemon
03-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Congrats on 12 years of artistic fun to the amazing Vickie, the wonderful Cheery-Os, the fabulous designs and to their expressive Creative Teams.

But I'm confused about which designers are participating? And not sure exactly where to post my wish—in the designers gallery, this thread or both? I don't want to miss out on all the fun@

Okay, I found the thread—got my Qs answered!

Soco
03-09-2018, 12:04 PM
Yay!!! Let's begin celebrating!!!

NancyP
03-09-2018, 12:40 PM
WOW! A year already??? Seems like we just celebrated. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, OSCRAPS!!!

Nickel
03-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Happy Birthday!

NancyP
03-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Can someone please tell me how you add a photo of the kit you want? Thanks!!!

taxed4ever
03-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Nancy if you go to the shop and find the kit you want just right click the photo and it should give you the option to copy the image address then come back to the thread for that particular designers win your wish. click on the little square in message (it looks like a photo of a mountain) and paste the address for the image you copied. At least that is what I do on my iMac, so I would think it wouldn't be too much different on a PC hope this makes sense!:thumb:

NancyP
03-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Nancy if you go to the shop and find the kit you want just right click the photo and it should give you the option to copy the image address then come back to the thread for that particular designers win your wish. click on the little square in message (it looks like a photo of a mountain) and paste the address for the image you copied. At least that is what I do on my iMac, so I would think it wouldn't be too much different on a PC hope this makes sense!:thumb:

Oh my, nothing is working. When I right click the picture of the kit, I get Ask Cortana....; Save Picture As; Share Picture: Select All and Copy. I tried Copy but when I click on the mountain, the new window comes up with the word "UNDO"??? I tried copying the
https: at the top and paste that but that didn't work either. Am I doing something wrong??? So appreciate your help!! LOL

Ga'L
03-09-2018, 02:38 PM
happy birthday Oscraps !

toniboy
03-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

taxed4ever
03-09-2018, 03:58 PM
Oh my, nothing is working. When I right click the picture of the kit, I get Ask Cortana....; Save Picture As; Share Picture: Select All and Copy. I tried Copy but when I click on the mountain, the new window comes up with the word "UNDO"??? I tried copying the
https: at the top and paste that but that didn't work either. Am I doing something wrong??? So appreciate your help!! LOL

Oh dear I am so sorry you are having trouble with this. I just tried it on my husbands PC and right clicking on the photo gave me the option to copy the image address. If you let me know which kits you are wanting then I can always put them in the thread for you. I will try to do some screen shots for you if you like.

NancyP
03-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Oh dear I am so sorry you are having trouble with this. I just tried it on my husbands PC and right clicking on the photo gave me the option to copy the image address. If you let me know which kits you are wanting then I can always put them in the thread for you. I will try to do some screen shots for you if you like.

GOT IT!!! :clap2: You are so sweet to want to help! Clicking on the large photo didn't do it. But underneath the large photo the designer puts tiny photos along with layouts. Now don't ask me why, but when I clicked on the small photo, I got a lot more choices and one of them was "Copy Link" and that worked!!! Thank you again!!! Been away for quite awhile and its nice to be back!!!!

taxed4ever
03-09-2018, 04:09 PM
GOT IT!!! :clap2: You are so sweet to want to help! Clicking on the large photo didn't do it. But underneath the large photo the designer puts tiny photos along with layouts. Now don't ask me why, but when I clicked on the small photo, I got a lot more choices and one of them was "Copy Link" and that worked!!! Thank you again!!! Been away for quite awhile and its nice to be back!!!!

Hooray!! So glad this worked! It's nice to have you back with us! Enjoy all the fun that is on the way! :clap2:

NancyP
03-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Hooray!! So glad this worked! It's nice to have you back with us! Enjoy all the fun that is on the way! :clap2:

When you said to click on the photo, are you talking about the large photo of their kit that you put in your shopping basket? Or are you just bringing up their store with all the photos and clicking on the one you want to copy?? My problem is that not all designers put a tiny photo of their kit(where they show layouts done with the kit) under the big photo.
If I click on the photo in their store where all the photos are, all I get is a tiny black box with an "x" in it. And like I said before, if I click on the large photo I don't get anything.
Could you possibly click on the photo you are talking about and take a picture of the window that comes up?????

taxed4ever
03-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Sure I can do that! Give me a few minutes LOL

taxed4ever
03-09-2018, 05:33 PM
I am trying to upload the screenshot but its too big and I hate my husbands PC , so I will tell you that I use the large photo where you would add the kit to your cart, right click on the middle of the photo and a window opens up which gives you the option copying the image address (right click, not double click) I will keep trying to get the screen shots for you though.

taxed4ever
03-09-2018, 05:49 PM
ok hope you can see this...

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/1217/medium/screen_shot_1.jpg

VickiStegall
03-09-2018, 06:06 PM
You can also right click and copy image location on the thumbnail images in the main category listing where you can see all of a designer's products.

NancyP
03-10-2018, 02:07 AM
Well, I certainly appreciate all your help, Trudy and Vicki, but for whatever reason, those choices just don't come up when I click on both the large photo or the thumbnail image. Neither one gives me the choice of "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Image Location". The only place I can go is the tiny thumbnail under the large photo where the designer also puts thumbnails of layouts to give ideas on how to use the kit. If there is a small thumbnail of the kit there, I can click on it and grab "Copy Link" and that works. But not all designers put a thumbnail of their preview there. It's strange that I don't get the same list that you do when I right click on these. But again, I thank you for trying. You have gone overboard to try and help in this matter and I so appreciate it.

Madi
03-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Well, I certainly appreciate all your help, Trudy and Vicki, but for whatever reason, those choices just don't come up when I click on both the large photo or the thumbnail image. Neither one gives me the choice of "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Image Location". The only place I can go is the tiny thumbnail under the large photo where the designer also puts thumbnails of layouts to give ideas on how to use the kit. If there is a small thumbnail of the kit there, I can click on it and grab "Copy Link" and that works. But not all designers put a thumbnail of their preview there. It's strange that I don't get the same list that you do when I right click on these. But again, I thank you for trying. You have gone overboard to try and help in this matter and I so appreciate it.

Nancy, do you use Internet Explorer?

In IE when you right click on a preview in the store, you get a screen and you search for Properties, usually the last option.
click on properties and in the popup screen you find the address you need?

Google chrome is easier, it gives the option to copy image address directly when you right click on the image.

hope this helps!

NancyP
03-10-2018, 08:21 AM
Why me??? I always seem to be missing something. I clicked on Settings, and from there was suppose to choose "Default App" from the list on the right to change to Chrome. Guess what? "Default App" was not in the list. Everything else she showed in the video was on the list, but NO default app!!!! I use to have Chrome, but somehow ended up with Edge. Don't ask me how!! I have no idea. My computer doesn't like me!!!!!!:frown:
Well, I hope the designers don't think I have totally flipped with half my choices showing the preview of the kit and half of them don't.

NancyP
03-10-2018, 08:56 AM
YES YES!!!! Never say die!!!! I did it!! Me, who is the untechieist (new word) person ever! I downloaded Chrome, made it my browser and NOW when I right click the large preview THERE IS CLICK IMAGE ADDRESS!!!!! Doin' a happy dance!!! :rockon::bliss:
THANK YOU Madi for cluing me in that it was my browser!!!

Madi
03-10-2018, 10:34 AM
YES YES!!!! Never say die!!!! I did it!! Me, who is the untechieist (new word) person ever! I downloaded Chrome, made it my browser and NOW when I right click the large preview THERE IS CLICK IMAGE ADDRESS!!!!! Doin' a happy dance!!! :rockon::bliss:

I recently switched to Chrome, and I love it!
Glad you can make it work!

taxed4ever
03-10-2018, 10:45 AM
That is so awesome Nancy!! WTG Diane for clueing us all in on the browser problem!

digigal
03-10-2018, 12:43 PM
Nancy, do you use Internet Explorer?

In IE when you right click on a preview in the store, you get a screen and you search for Properties, usually the last option.
click on properties and in the popup screen you find the address you need?

Google chrome is easier, it gives the option to copy image address directly when you right click on the image.

hope this helps!

I have the same issue with Edge. When I had IE, no problems! I'm afraid to add Chrome as there might be a conflict, so hope no one minds just the link. Guess I'll figure this out at a later time, but don't want to spend all day on this.

Migueline
03-10-2018, 01:17 PM
Happy birthday oscraps!

NancyP
03-10-2018, 03:04 PM
I have the same issue with Edge. When I had IE, no problems! I'm afraid to add Chrome as there might be a conflict, so hope no one minds just the link. Guess I'll figure this out at a later time, but don't want to spend all day on this.

Chrome was so easy to download! I mean 10 minutes at the most and I was up and running!! I just googled "Chrome" and the download popped up. I downloaded it and started using it. I love it!!!

meriop
03-11-2018, 06:18 AM
Happy birthday Oscraps !

nightshadow
03-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Chrome was so easy to download! I mean 10 minutes at the most and I was up and running!! I just googled "Chrome" and the download popped up. I downloaded it and started using it. I love it!!!

Nancy, welcome to the wonderful world of Google Chrome. It's been my preferred browser for years. :yo:

VickiStegall
03-11-2018, 03:45 PM

It's totally fine to just do the link!

VickiStegall
03-11-2018, 03:45 PM

YAAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'm so proud of you!!!!

NancyP
03-12-2018, 05:46 AM
YAAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'm so proud of you!!!!

Thanks, Vicki. Gosh I have missed you guys!! Been away WWWAAAYYYY to long!!!!!

faerywings
03-12-2018, 06:13 AM
Nancy- have I told you that I adore you and your sense of humor??
Glad that you figured it all out!

And a happy Birthday to the O and a HUGE thank you to our Mamma O for keeping this place going for 12 years! :partywine

Danesa
03-12-2018, 10:34 AM
Happy Happy Birthday, Vicki & Oscraps! You give the BEST parties ever!
Nancy...you made my day. Its nice to have the most "untechiest" company, as I thought I held that title. :) Thanks for the smiles!!! Glad you got it figured out.

VickiStegall
03-12-2018, 08:04 PM
And a happy Birthday to the O and a HUGE thank you to our Mamma O for keeping this place going for 12 years! :partywine

Couldn't do it without ALL of you!!!!

zanthia
03-12-2018, 09:15 PM
happy birthday oscraps - wow 12 years that is fabulous!

galaviktor
03-13-2018, 01:11 AM
С днем рождения Oscraps !!! Ты объединил много талантливых дизайнеров !Большое спасибо всем за удивительные и прекрасные работы! Желаю процветания - Oscraps !!!

janecesuarez
03-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Happy Birthday, Oscraps! Happy Oscraps Birthday, Miss Vicki! :) :champagne

VickiStegall
03-13-2018, 10:17 AM
Thank you all!

Marleen
03-13-2018, 10:32 AM
Congratulations O Scraps/Vicki, thanks so much for all you've done in these years, up to many more years!!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :HapBirth: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Lis
03-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Happy Birthday!!!

Soco
03-13-2018, 03:16 PM

I totally agree, Chris!!! Cheers to the O and to Vicki!!! :partywine

Gundi
03-13-2018, 05:55 PM
Happy Birthday Oscraps

:HapBirth:

easyeyes4you
03-13-2018, 09:10 PM
Been waiting all month... Happy Birthday Oscraps...& Vickie!:love:

cyanne22
03-14-2018, 03:16 AM
Joyeux anniversaire Oscraps :HapBirth:
sans vous oublier Vicki toujours présente et agréable :cheer2:

seniorgal
03-14-2018, 03:49 AM
Happy Birthday Oscraps! Thanks for all your hard work Vicki-you're the best!

martine29
03-14-2018, 05:54 AM
Happy birthday O' SCRAPS and Vicky !!

mary-lynne
03-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Happy Birthday OScraps and Vicki!!!

Fannou
03-14-2018, 12:15 PM
Happy Birthday OScraps and Vicki.