PDA

View Full Version : Day 8 - Game Get to Know You

taxed4ever
03-14-2017, 05:35 PM
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/1383/11th-Birthday-Game-Header.jpg

Hi everyone and Welcome to Day Eight of the Birthday Party!
I bet everyone is having a wonderful time and there are a lot of new faces here at the "O"! So we would all like to get to know you better! Today's Game is all about that and so I would like you to please list 11 things about yourself. It can be anything from where you live, when you were born to what your favourite movie is etc. Anything at all so we can all get to know you better! I think that there could be a visit or two from the Birthday Fairy here also. So lets get to know each other what do you say? I will start...

1. My Name is Trudy
2. I was born and raised in Duncan, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
3. I am married to the love of my life - Gary
4. I have two grown children - Heather and Jason
5. I have three, almost four (new baby in July) grandchildren
6. I belong to a Hiking group called the re-treads we hike every Wednesday
7. I love to have a glass of wine with my supper every night.
8. I would love to travel more and see the rest of the world.
9. I love being here at O everyday and start my day off here every morning .
10. I am the youngest of 7 children.
11. I spent 28 years living in Saskatchewan for my husbands job, I am so happy to be Home again.

Ok now its your turn, tell us about YOU!! Anything at all will do.

timounette
03-17-2017, 03:07 AM
1 - My name is Sandrine
2 - I live in Angers in France
3 - I have 2 beautiful children (12 and 14)
4 - I am an agronomist, and work in organic farming, and in wine ...
5- I have a thermomix and I love it
6 -I love doing my own bread
7 - I love to have long walks on sea side
8- I wish I have more money to travel with my children all other the world
9- I love clean scrap and white space page.
10- I start here at the O in 2006 : 11 years ago : https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23265&title=quiet-time&cat=all
11- I have been a cheery O since 2011 ... and I love it

Ellen
03-17-2017, 05:26 AM
1. My name is Ellen
2. I am one of 6 -3 boys and 3 girls and the eldest daughter.
3. I am Dutch
4. I'm married to a Scot
5. I live on the west-coast of Scotland but spend quite a lot of time in Holland
looking after my dad.
6. We have 3 sons - 1 living here and 2 living in Holland
7 We have 2 granddaughters age nearly 2 and 5 1/2- living near us so at
least twice a week we are looking after them whilst mum and dad are
working.
8. We live on a croft ( Scottish smallholding) and let out holiday
accommodation and rent out mountainbikes.
9. I love living next to the water - from my kitchen I look at the bay .
10. I have my own craft chalet
11. I make cards decorate boxes- make mini albums -do a lot of knitting and
crochet

faerywings
03-17-2017, 06:28 AM
Yippee! I love getting to know all of you better!

I am going to try and do a mix of some things you might already know about me and some that you might not.

Real Name: Christine- but I don't feel any "connection" to it or to Chris.
I have 2 kids, Scott (20) and Caitlyn (18 ), 2 Godchildren, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 rats (Caitlyn's) and 2 snakes (Scott's)
I have been married for almost 24 years to the love of my life and best friend Gary
I HATE buttons- IRL and digitally. Many of you know that already about me :D
My favorite places to be are Disney World and down the shore.
I have 6 tattoos. (I had to go and mentally count them!)- ha! Just recounted, I forgot one! I have 7 tattoos.
I live in the mountains of northern NJ and we have black bears that will hang out in my yard.
I talk to my plants and apologize to them when I am pulling off dead leaves or flowers. When Caitlyn was little, she would sing to the plants in my garden.
I have Late Stage Lyme disease. My DH does to and is permanently disabled from it. My kids were born with it but are currently in remission. I try to be a Lyme advocate when I can and Scott and I are in a documentary about Lyme Disease.
My favorite drinks are coffee, water, and wine.
I have 2 degrees, one in Psychology, and one in Elementary Education. I was a preschool teacher before I became a mom.

Save

faerywings
03-17-2017, 06:32 AM
Ellen-I want to come and visit at your croft!
Sandrine- do you have a favorite bread recipe? I love fresh bread.
Trudy- If you ever get to travel the world you have to come and visit me!

timounette
03-17-2017, 06:40 AM
Ellen-I want to come and visit at your croft!
Sandrine- do you have a favorite bread recipe? I love fresh bread.
Trudy- If you ever get to travel the world you have to come and visit me!

Ellen Me too
Trudy... we'll be welcome at home too
Chris Not a favorite. I always try new things : for the last one I used white flour, oat bran and the sweet chestnut flour, and cook it in an earthenware pot in the oven.

femke272
03-17-2017, 07:11 AM
That's a really great idea, so here I go:

1. My name is Miranda
2. I am Dutch, born in Rotterdam
3. I am living for more than 35 years in France, Normandie.
I came for my study and never went back.
4. I have two daughters, young adults of 18 & 24 years old. My youngest is still at home, and the
oldest one returns home almost every weekend.
5. I'am doing my last job ( in the social wellfare) for almost eleven years. It's an almost fulltime job, so
my me/scrap time is counted.
6. I love my garden but have not enough time to get everything alright, so most of the time nature is
is living his own life, and my plants alike.
7. I should like to return more often to Holland, and see my family. Twice a year is not enough.
8. I am member of a choir, so I'm busy with that also every week. And we are on stage several times a
year. [URL="http://www.coupdechant.fr/"]( there are some videos on our blog, if you'r interested)
9. I started scrapbooking some years ago. I became a member of The Daily Digi Files,and became
familiair with a lot of designers and the scrapcommunity. It took me some time to show my first
layout here at the Oscraps, ( already one year ago!) but I'm happy I did and ready to go on to the
next 11th birthday. :)
10.I adore that this community is very international, so without travel inreal I can "meet" other people
and cultures throughout the forum and gallery. very nice!
11. I adore litterature, books of all kind and reading them of course. Nevertheless I'm more and more
often falling in sleep doing so. That's quite ennoying, and it really takes me some time to finish a
book!

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 07:23 AM
How interesting! I will do mine when the computer is on, too hard on the tablet.
So Sandrine, do you have twins?

NancyP
03-17-2017, 07:35 AM
How neat is this!!! Often wondered where people were from.

1. I was born in Lewisburg, PA, but moved to Danbury CT at age 5 and grew up there, and am now living in Alpena, MI.

2. I grew up on prison property as my dad was a guard and the guards lived in houses right on the property. I was use to seeing prisoners around me all the time.

3. I was married to my best friend (now widowed) and have 5 children ages 57, 55, 50, 45, and 40. It seemed like we would no sooner get the youngest in school and I would break the news to hubby that I was pregnant again!!!

4. At this moment, I have 15 grandchildren, and at last count, 16 great grandchildren. They are scattered all over the country and in England and Australia. Love them all to pieces!!!!!

5. Went back to school at age 54 to (FINALLY) get my college degree! What a graduation celebration that was with all my children and grandchildren around me!!

6. Spent 20 plus years with the American Red Cross in Disaster Services. My last assignment was Hurricane Katrina before I retired.

7. Went to professional clown school. My name was Sweetheart the Clown and I visited children in hospitals and also nursing homes.

8. Started my own cake decorating business while living in Florida (we lived there for 21 years) and have made hundreds of wedding cakes. I don't like to cook but I love to bake!

9. I love all sorts of crafts and am always starting some new project. I also love to crochet but don't care for knitting.

10. My two "babies" right now are a Schnauzer/ min. doberman mix dog named Cupcake and a crazy cat named Max who loves to torture Cupcake!!

11. I started paper scrapping in 2003 to document my hubby's life after losing him. Started dabbling in digi about 9 years ago, took some online lessons and was hooked!! I remember hearing the word "brush" for the first time and thought they were talking about an actual "brush", and thought "how strange, why would they use a brush for digi scrapping!"

So thats my story and I am sticking to it!!!! :peace:

timounette
03-17-2017, 07:50 AM
How interesting! I will do mine when the computer is on, too hard on the tablet.
So Sandrine, do you have twins?

No I wrote wrong...
I have 2 adopted children... and it's enough Because I'm a single mother too.
Mania is nearly 15 and Virgile is 12.

timounette
03-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Femke : so if you live in France je pourrai commenter tes pages en français...
Nancy : What a life ! Congrats for being back to school at 54 ! And can we have a picture of you as Sweetheart clown ... I'd love to do that... when I'll be retired perhaps

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 07:56 AM
1- I was born and raised in France but I am half Portuguese.
2- I met my (Australian) husband when living in Scotland.
3- I got married in Cairo.
4- I have two boys (17 mos and just over 3), both born in Malaysia.
5- I currently live in Texas, US.
6- I am an Engineer but took leave when my son was born (now the industry is going slow, so my “maternity” break is getting forever extended until it picks up)
7- On the subject of bread, I started a sourdough starter in Malaysia, got through the effort of drying it to move it with us to the US last year, revived it successfully but it’s been neglected the past few months…
8- I like hiking, sailing, reading, and more recently scrapbooking!
9- I prefer the cleaner side of scrap and cannot figure out how or why cluster lots of flowers and leaves on a page (personal opinion). I am starting to become more comfortable with using artsy elements though.
10- I had been lurking in the OScraps forum for a while, and this birthday party gave me the push I needed to start doing challenges, including some of the artsy designer ones! Go Me!
11- I am usually good at paying attention to details.... Except here! I initially stopped at number 10!

(And now, time to get the boys up!)

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 07:59 AM
No I wrote wrong...
I have 2 adopted children... and it's enough Because I'm a single mother too.
Mania is nearly 15 and Virgile is 12.

Fantastic! And good job doing it on your own, raising kids is not easy, although my husband can be a kid sometimes I sure appreciate the extra pair of hands especially now that the youngest one can run too!

femke272
03-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Femke : so if you live in France je pourrai commenter tes pages en français...
Nancy : What a life ! Congrats for being back to school at 54 ! And can we have a picture of you as Sweetheart clown ... I'd love to do that... when I'll be retired perhaps

Absolument, au contraire, pas de soucis..;)
En même temps j'ai hésite toujours, peur que cela fait un peu clan à part...:paris
je ne connait pas encore assez bien les opinions des non-français.

Et bon courage, c'est vrai que c'est pas forcement facile de gérer une maison avec les enfants toute seule. Je suis séparée depuis
3 ans, et en plus mes enfants sont pratiquement adultes, mais des fois cela manque des mains...:)

timounette
03-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Absolument, au contraire, pas de soucis..;)
En même temps j'ai hésite toujours, peur que cela fait un peu clan à part...:paris
je ne connait pas encore assez bien les opinions des non-français.

On the forum I prefer use english, but on the gallery I can use french for frenchies

SharLamb
03-17-2017, 09:10 AM
1. I'm ShaRRon with 2 r's because my mother misspelled my name on my birth certificate, 70 years ago.

2. Born, raised, and lived in the Seattle, WA, USA area except first 4 years of marriage, while Captain Romance finished Optometry school in Forest Grove, Oregon, then served our country for 2 years at Ft. Devens, Massachusetts. All that started nearly 48 years ago!

3. Two boys and a girl...all married...have produced 13 grandchildren (8 boys and 5 girls) for us...oldest is 22 and youngest is 3. Five live in Utah, 7 live near us, one is waiting for us to join her with the Lord.

4. I've written two books, but neither has been published. I'm okay with that. For a few years, I wrote a humor/slice-of-life column for a local newspaper.

5. Although I own a DSLR, I never use it any more, far preferring my iPhone camera.

6. I've enjoyed sports my whole life (dance roller skating, water and snow skiing, tennis, bicycling, swimming, pickleball, hiking, etc.), but now pretty much just play golf (in Arizona as often as I can!), and ride my "comfort bike" on trails near home (no more road riding). I hate exercising for the sake of exercising, but do go to the gym 3 days a week for the sake of my children (I don't want them to have to take care of a decrepit old me any sooner than necessary!). Despite all my activity, I'm still fat. Captain Romance is okay with that and for some reason still adores me!

7. I love, LOVE, Photoshop for editing pictures and making digital art. It has replaced the myriad hobbies I've tried over the years. It is magical to me, and my fingers don't get messy. I've been sewing since my age was a single digit, including garment, home dec and quilting. But I do less and less of that, and am downsizing my equipment and stash (actually, STASH), which will benefit my DD in Utah!

8. We travel a lot...at least twice a year to Utah and twice a year to Arizona...to see kids/grandkids and to golf and dry out/get warm (you may have heard it rains a lot in Seattle!). Usually several shorter trips every year too.

9. Instead of a traditional church, we have belonged to a home assembly for 16+ years. I play the autoharp to accompany our singing. I have sung in choirs and ensembles most of my life, in school and church.

10. I'm a pretty good cook, but don't usually enjoy cooking. I think you have to not mind having messy hands to be a great cook, and I don't like messy hands.

11. Although I LOVE gardens, I loathe, no LOATHE, gardening. Again--messy hands? (At least two of my grandchildren also hate messy hands!)

marijke
03-17-2017, 09:23 AM
1. I am Marijke
2. Married with Dirk (38 years)
3. I have a son Jeroen and a daughter in law Aagje
4. My granddaughter is 2 1/2 - Ada-Noor; she started last week in the kindergarten
5. We don't have pets.
6. On June 30, I go to work the last day at school - time to retire.
7. One of my hobbies is photography.
8. In September I will continue doing my photography course - after a break of two years
9. I love travelling ... I love the sea
10. My favourite drink is a glass of red wine
11. My first page here ... https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=96271&title=we-love&cat=all

taxed4ever
03-17-2017, 09:52 AM
Oh my gosh I wake up from a good nights sleep and find that you have all been so busy getting to know each other!! How wonderful!! :love:

taxed4ever
03-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Ok Ellen- I am wanting to visit and stay on your Croft too!!
NancyP - what an interesting life you have had and wow thats a lot of beautiful grandchildren!
Sharron - Nice that you get to travel so much and your Captain Romance sounds like a keeper!!
01lousmith - It would be nice to know your Real name and we are so glad that you stopped lurking :behindsofa: and joined in on the fun!

beckturn
03-17-2017, 10:06 AM
1. My name is Becky. My mom says she got my name from reading Tom Sawyer.

2. I grew up in a VERY small town in rural western New York. We only had an acre but raised chickens, rabbits and had a garden. My mom would slaughter the chickens and rabbits herself and can vegetables from her garden. She also sewed a lot of our clothes. I didn't take after her at all. I don't like cooking and sewing.

3. I wanted to be a veterinarian, but that darn Anatomy class in college did me in. I got a degree in General Science and became a Medical Technologist which was actually the best choice for me. I loved it.

4. After college I moved to Cleveland, Ohio where I lived and worked for 36 years. After retiring in 2005, we moved to the Gulf coast of Florida.

5. I've always enjoyed crafting. I've dabbled in miniatures, enameling, polymer clay, and now my passion is digi scraping. I got started in Paintshop editing photos from my daughter's wedding in 2009 for a paper scrapbook.

6. I love to read and the fatter the book, the better. When I'm into a good book, I hate for it to end. Right now I'm reading Diana Gabaldon's latest book in the Outlander series - over 1000 pages.

7. I've always been quiet and shy, a trait I don't like about myself.

8. I've been married almost 45 years and we have one daughter and one grandson. They live in Cleveland, so I travel there when I can.

9. My husband is a political refugee from Slovakia. He fled his country after the communists took control in 1968. He was helped by Amnesty International who gave him a plane ticket and a few dollars, so he really started life here with nothing.

10. I bowl on a league once a week. Just for fun. I'm not a great bowler.

11. I have 2 kitties right now. We had Alaskan Malamutes in Cleveland and had a couple of litters of puppies. But selling them was emotional for me. I fretted about the homes they were going to. So we didn't have any more litters.

taxed4ever
03-17-2017, 10:09 AM
Becky - Wow your husband was so brave to leave his country and start off with nothing! I used to bowl on a league also, but now only bowl once in a while with my grandkids.

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Ok Ellen- I am wanting to visit and stay on your Croft too!!
NancyP - what an interesting life you have had and wow thats a lot of beautiful grandchildren!
Sharron - Nice that you get to travel so much and your Captain Romance sounds like a keeper!!
01lousmith - It would be nice to know your Real name and we are so glad that you stopped lurking :behindsofa: and joined in on the fun!

I go by Lou.

scrap-genie
03-17-2017, 12:50 PM
1. My name is Jean (really my middle name but what I answer to.)
2. My husband is Dick and it'll be 49 years married next month.
3. We live in northeast Ohio
4. I'm an artist and trained to be an art teacher.
5. But I was lucky and instead worked as a computer programmer.
6. We are birders (or bird watchers) and especially like birding along Lake Erie and on vacations.
7. We do not have children or pets though we dearly loved my FIL's cat when the cat lived with us.
8. After retiring I became deeply involved in genealogy, really a full time passion.
9. I began digital scrapping about 2004, found an online home in 2006 and came to Oscraps in 2010.
10. I have blogs for genealogy and my art work and scrapbooking.
11. I've published genealogy articles, a bird booklet on a local spot, and was one of four co-authors of a state bird pamphlet, now well out of date.

taxed4ever
03-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Hi Jean nice to get to know a bit more about you! Thanks for joining in!

O Birthday Fairy
03-17-2017, 01:38 PM
Just flying by and thought I would leave a little gift for 01lousmith Congrats go check your PM box.

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 02:05 PM
Thank you Fairy!
You and the Designers at Oscraps are so generous!
This is a really enjoyable week for me! I finally "leaped" into the forum, and tried my hand at some completely different things (art journal, artsy layouts, fusion). I am glad I joined in, I have learned so much in just a few days, now I have to keep practising these techniques.

DivaMom96
03-17-2017, 02:11 PM
Oh - FUN!!!

1. My Name is Deborrah (not Debbie) and yes with two R's. Like Sharron, I guess a typo was made on my birth certificate.
2. I was born in Miami, Florida, and grew up in Ft. Myers, Florida.
3. I have lived in Chicago, Illinois; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and Cincinnati, Ohio. I am now back in Florida!
4. I have two grown children - Michael and Stephen
5. I still work full-time - I am a Cantor, which is like a Rabbi except that I lead all the music and liturgy.
6. I have three kitties, even though I would prefer to have only two.
7. I was a professional singer (opera and music theater) before becoming a Cantor. I still sing with semi-professional choral groups when I can find the time.
8. I am happily divorced.
9. I love being part of the digital scrapbooking world! It's artistic, fun and social - all things I love.
10. I love traveling and hope to travel to Australia next year.
11. My favorite drink with dinner (or anytime, really) is a glass of good wine. Red or white - it doesn't matter, as long as it's a good bottle.

DivaMom96
03-17-2017, 02:12 PM
10- I had been lurking in the OScraps forum for a while, and this birthday party gave me the push I needed to start doing challenges, including some of the artsy designer ones! Go Me!

So very happy that you decided to come out of the shadows! I am loving your layouts!

faerywings
03-17-2017, 03:00 PM
1- I was born and raised in France but I am half Portuguese.
2- I met my (Australian) husband when living in Scotland.
3- I got married in Cairo.
4- I have two boys (17 mos and just over 3), both born in Malaysia.

You are truly an international wonder!So happy you are scrapping for the party and I hope that you continue on with us when the party is over. :kiss:

11. Although I LOVE gardens, I loathe, no LOATHE, gardening. Again--messy hands? (At least two of my grandchildren also hate messy hands!)
You do know that I will come and garden for you *anytime.*

6. I love to read and the fatter the book, the better. When I'm into a good book, I hate for it to end. Right now I'm reading Diana Gabaldon's latest book in the Outlander series - over 1000 pages.

7. I've always been quiet and shy, a trait I don't like about myself.

Becky- I am the same way with books and have been known to read a series over and over again (cough- Harry Potter-cough)
I love the Outlander Series but I only ready the first three in book form. I have been "reading" the rest (second time around as well) in audiobook form.
I am actually quiet and shy myself. When I went to college I had to force myself to pretend that I wasn't or I knew thatI would never make friends.

faerywings
03-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Deborrah- how cool to be a Cantor and you must have a lovely singing voice. Not me, I can't sing or draw or dance! (Unless I am drunk and then all bets are off Bwuahaha!!)
Do you go by Deb at all? I called you Deb in a Gallery Comment and it has worried me that maybe you hate your name being shortened. i worry about weird things, I know.

DivaMom96
03-17-2017, 04:09 PM
Do you go by Deb at all? I called you Deb in a Gallery Comment and it has worried me that maybe you hate your name being shortened. i worry about weird things, I know.

LOL - Deb is fine, I just don't like "Debbie." Thanks for asking, though!!!

Danesa
03-17-2017, 04:36 PM
WOW! (Yes, I shouted...) We have some amazing people at Oscraps! Its so fun to read about everyone. I think I sound boring compared to most of you. haha
Here goes:

1. I am Denise Evelyn. My mom thought she named me Evelyn Denise so I had to be called Evelyn all through school (because in the old ages we had to be called by our first names haha.) I found out my real name order when I was 15 and got my first passport and found the birth certificate. (Way to go Mom!) :)

2. I am divorced after being married 35 years. I have two wonderful daughters: Tiffany (age 34) lives in New York City and Amy (age 31) lives in Central Florida.

3. I was born in Florida. I've lived in Florida, California and now in North Carolina.

4. We have Andalusia horses in Italy. My mane-girl is named Queen Bella. (Which is what my Italian sweetheart calls me.) He is on his last deployment and when that is done we will live at his villa. Yay!

5. I have a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) with Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN) degree. I am now retired. Woot woot!

6. When I was a young adult I was in a singing group which traveled extensively. We made 5 albums and 8-track cassettes. So that tells you it was early 70s. haha Boy how things have changed.

7. For many years, I played competitive co-ed softball. We traveled all over the country to play. I have pins in my hand from sliding into third base and the guy rammed his cleat into my hand. I broke my leg sliding into home plate (safe) while I was in college and had to continue to go to classes on crutches. (That was before book bags. ugh) :)

8. I love gardening (Yes, Sharron, I love messy hands, haha,) I mow my own lawn (which has a 45 degree hill that almost whips me sometimes,) and I grow a lot of my own veggies and herbs, along with all sorts of flowers.

9. In the last few years I've taught myself to crochet and I love to play at sketch/paint/doodle activities.

10. I am an introvert in an extrovert's body!

11. I've been digi-scrapbooking since 2005. I love having different themed sofa-table books printed, using layouts and quotes. (Some are inspirational, some funny and some snarky.) :)

Wow that was long-winded!

taxed4ever
03-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Denise!! (or is it Evelyn?) LOL. Wow your life does not sound one bit boring to me!! What was the name of your singing group? Perhaps some of us have heard of you!! How romantic to know that you will be living in your sweethearts Villa!! Hope you don't forget about us when you do! :becky:

O Birthday Fairy
03-17-2017, 05:12 PM
So does anyone in this group need a coupon for the Oscraps new Collab "For Arts Sake"? I think I might just have one up my fairy sleeve!!

timounette
03-17-2017, 05:24 PM
I Love this thread so much. It's great to get to know you better.

veer
03-17-2017, 05:45 PM
1. My Name is Vera
2. I was born and raised in Hamont,little city in Belgium near the Dutch border.
3. I am married to Danny for almost 31 years :D
4. I have 3 children - Jolien 24, Ben*, Robbe 20
5. I have a dog Lewis
6. Photography is my passion
7. I love to walk in nature, so i come to rest
9. I love being here at O
10. I love music and dancing
11. I work full time in a a factory where we package medications

SharLamb
03-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Chris, I couldn't do it to you. You would hate the weather in the Seattle area...so much rain. And as long as Captain Romance continues with his delusion that I'm foxy, and sticks around, I've got it covered. He actually enjoys yard work. I don't get it. But you can pop over for coffee while he weeds.

SharLamb
03-17-2017, 06:26 PM
Denise! What was the name of your music group? Any songs we might recognize? I'll look for you on Spotify if I can have the group or a song name.

I love Andalusia horses. Well, actually, I like all horses, but A's are so beautiful.

nancyr
03-17-2017, 07:01 PM
Hi I am very late to the party as I had taken my youngest son to Arizona for his birthday weekend. We could not come back as planned due to the snow storm in the East. Love reading and finding more about all.

1. My name is Nancy and I live in NJ but I consider myself a western girl as I was born in CO and raised in Yuma, AZ a smallish town in southern AZ right on the Colorado River.
2. I married my college sweetheart, met at ASU in invertebrate zoology and will be 44 years in May. Traveled to Wisconsin while he got his PhD.
3. Finally settled in NJ as I worked at Merck for 26 years. I loved every minute of it. I am now retired and love that even more.
4. I have two sons Zachary and Charles. Oldest married and youngest just left the nest.
5. I have a 19 month old, 105 lb German Shepherd Luther who is a crack up. We go for walks daily even in inclement weather. Which is good!
6. I started in paper scrapping but hated the mess. When I found digital scrapping I never looked back. I knew I found the perfect hobby to mesh my love of photography and memory keeping.
7. I love to travel. My DH and I traveled a lot before we had kids and I still have wanderlust. I love creating photo books when back from the vacation.
8. I am a bird watcher. Once a year for the past 3 years my friend and I go on a birding trip. We have done Texas, the Great Lakes, Arizona and this year will be Florida. He is trying to see 5000 birds so I tag along. I take photos and then create books for us.
9. I hate to cook, I hate to garden. I hate to clean. Needless to say I need a house keeper.
10. I love to read and continue to learn. Love all kinds of books. I will often get sucked into a book and neglect everything until it is done.
11. But really for me the thing that makes me happiest (outside of family) is NJ Devils hockey team. Well hockey makes me happy. I am a season ticket holder and attend games with my son and his wife. I love going to other arenas to see my team play. My bucket list is to see the Devils play in all the arenas. I can go to a Devils game and be home in time to watch the West Coast games. It is awesome. I take photos and then use them in my scrapping.

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 07:52 PM
So does anyone in this group need a coupon for the Oscraps new Collab "For Arts Sake"? I think I might just have one up my fairy sleeve!!

Oh! That would be such an awesome gift, but I have received so much already.

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 07:56 PM
You are truly an international wonder!So happy you are scrapping for the party and I hope that you continue on with us when the party is over. :kiss:

Yes, I think you are stuck with me now! I am hooked!
I have been prioritising the designer challenges that were closing, but I intend to get started on the regular challenges next week.

(I actually left out some countries in that list! I got engaged in Thailand, and lived in Holland and the UAE in addition to those other countries! Both my boys had set foot in 4 countries/3 continents before the age of 1!)

01lousmith
03-17-2017, 07:59 PM
8. I am a bird watcher. Once a year for the past 3 years my friend and I go on a birding trip. We have done Texas, the Great Lakes, Arizona and this year will be Florida. He is trying to see 5000 birds so I tag along. I take photos and then create books for us.

So what birds should I be looking for in Texas? I am hopeless with birds, I have noticed some very nice yellow and green ones by the lake near where we live, but have no idea what they are.

O Birthday Fairy
03-17-2017, 09:25 PM
Well I am feeling very Irish today so I think the Luck of the Irish is going to be with three of you today check your PM boxes for a coupon for the Oscraps collab or a coupon for one of the Designers 01lousmith, NancyR and Beckturn!! Congrats and have fun creating more ART!!

nightshadow
03-17-2017, 09:51 PM
2. I was born in Miami, Florida, and grew up in Ft. Myers, Florida.

I currently live (and have now been here more than 25 years) in Cape Coral, Florida which is just across the bridge of the Caloosahatchee river from Ft. Myers, Florida.

bcgal00
03-17-2017, 11:28 PM
Hi. I'm Rae, living on the west coast of BC in the Vancouver area
I'm double jointed which makes me a bit more flexible for exercising which is a good thing in this old body LOL
I'm on a low carb diet, getting slimmer and healthier this year.
I am married with 3 daughters (one a stepdaughter) and 4 grandkids.
I'm an avid reader, I read every morning when I wake up, on my e-reader.
I love sci-fi shows, movies and books. I want to catch up on Doctor Who.
I have a transcription business I run out of my home, for over 30 yrs.
I can't whistle but am practicing every day so I can whistle for Taz.
We have a large trailer in Washington and spend a lot of time there in the warmer months.
I'm a recipe collector, having magazines and binders full of recipes.
My favorite outfit is flipflops, capris and a t-shirt. I like to be comfy and casual.

easyeyes4you
03-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Mine is long... Sorry.... BTW I am Liz!

. I lived the first 36 years of my life in Spokane , Washington which is where I was born... Then turned into somewhat of a gypsy, living in Alaska and Oregon before ending up here in Redding , CA for a brief stop... that was in Dec. of 1990!

2. Part of why I am still here, is because we bought a house, and then my husband died unexpectedly... Will be 20 years on July 3rd this year! I can only say... time flies!!!!! This was definitely NOT a part of “our” plans!

3. I have 3 children, one in CA. and 2 in Alaska, and they have each presented me with 2 grandchildren who range in age from 6-32. Meghan, my 32 year old has also given me 3 wonderful Great Grand children, who are 6-12... So I have grand children and great grand children very close to the same age..

4. I graduated from H.S. in 3 1/2 years at the top of my class and much to the dismay of my teachers had NO interest in higher education... In my Day women were expected to become wives and mommies and that was all I ever wanted.. although at the time of my graduation there was not even anyone is sight to be the other half .... The Movie Mona Lisa Smile with Julia Roberts quite accurately depicts what life was like back then for those of you who are younger and cannot wrap your heads around this... Perhaps if my parents had been professional and more into higher education thing would have been different, but it is what it is...

5. I was a Car Hop, (right out of American Graffiti) when I met my husband and we married when I was 21, settling into wedded bliss and waiting for the babies... I worked until 3 months before Julia was born, back then it was frowned upon for pregnant ladies to be seen working in public......and after that I only worked at part time things, and home based businesses, for most of my married life. My husband did not want me to work, and I was quite happy being a Domestic Engineer!

6. When we moved to Redding, I worked my first full time job after having children. I worked as a seamstress, making formal gowns, and bridesmaid dresses, etc. Then after my husband died, I had to learn to support myself. I had always been involved in sales or customer support of some sort and when he died I had a nice little part time job selling books, in the break rooms of any business that would allow me in. But, then I had to get really serious about providing medical insurance and became an Optician... Hence my screen name... easyeyes4you.... which is a play on words...

7. Back in the 80’s before I left Alaska I learned of a hot new crafty trend... Miniatures and the making of Dollhouses... this really caught my fancy and I fully embraced it for about 20 years, actually making and selling at Miniatures shows, little 5” tall poseable people for dollhouses, and also made 1/4” =1’ furniture...

8. while still living in Valdez, Alaska I ended up begin the only person in town who had learned how to do Bunka Embroidery a Japanese Art form, the techniques of which were kept as secret as possible... I had the opportunity to take a crash course at the end of the building of the Trans Alaska Pipeline, and then all those ladies were shipped on with their husbands to Saudi Arabia, so by default I had a small business teaching the ladies form the town the techniques...

9. This is getting long! I also taught knitting classes for awhile...

10. I started Paper scrapping after my husband died...as a way of preserving the family memories for my children... Switched to Digi around 2004-5 and will never live long enough to complete this project... Also feel the need, but NOT the desire to do the Genealogy stuff... the memories will go with me... Not sure the kids care...? but maybe one day some one will???

01lousmith
03-18-2017, 08:12 AM
Well I am feeling very Irish today so I think the Luck of the Irish is going to be with three of you today check your PM boxes for a coupon for the Oscraps collab or a coupon for one of the Designers 01lousmith, NancyR and Beckturn!! Congrats and have fun creating more ART!!

Thank you Fairy!
What a wonderful gift to wake up to!

beckturn
03-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Thank you, Birthday Fairy! I'll have fun in the shop.

VickiStegall
03-18-2017, 11:07 AM
My name is Vicki Stegall
I am the founder of Oscraps
I am proud to also be a designer at Oscraps
Because of 2 & 3, I tend to burn the candle at both ends….
I have just started meditating to try to slow myself down a little bit and get over this “everything is life or death” mentality I’ve been feeling since my journey with cancer last year. I think it’s actually helping.
I am the very proud mother of an incredible 17 year old son, Alyx.
Happily married to Anthony for 20 years on the 29th of this month.
I love to read, but nowadays I typically only listen to “text-to-speech” on my kindle while driving or doing housework because I don’t have much time to just sit and read. I like trashy romance :)
I can cook, but I don’t enjoy it. And, don’t get me started on having to clean up after. So, we mostly eat out.
I love sci-fi, vampires, werewolves, and zombies but don’t like actual horror. Actual horror to me is anything from the SAW movies to CSI Special Victims TV if it involves kids.
Our only pet at the moment is the neighbor’s dog. They are good friends of ours and their backyard adjoins ours and since they have a tiny yard and we have a huge yard, we have an open gate between the two yards so the dog has two families and two yards and he divides his time between us :)

easyeyes4you
03-18-2017, 11:18 AM
My name is Vicki Stegall
I am the founder of Oscraps
I am proud to also be a designer at Oscraps
Because of 2 & 3, I tend to burn the candle at both ends….
I have just started meditating to try to slow myself down a little bit and get over this “everything is life or death” mentality I’ve been feeling since my journey with cancer last year. I think it’s actually helping.
I am the very proud mother of an incredible 17 year old son, Alyx.
Happily married to Anthony for 20 years on the 29th of this month.
I love to read, but nowadays I typically only listen to “text-to-speech” on my kindle while driving or doing housework because I don’t have much time to just sit and read. I like trashy romance :)
I can cook, but I don’t enjoy it. And, don’t get me started on having to clean up after. So, we mostly eat out.
I love sci-fi, vampires, werewolves, and zombies but don’t like actual horror. Actual horror to me is anything from the SAW movies to CSI Special Victims TV if it involves kids.
Our only pet at the moment is the neighbor’s dog. They are good friends of ours and their backyard adjoins ours and since they have a tiny yard and we have a huge yard, we have an open gate between the two yards so the dog has two families and two yards and he divides his time between us :)

I loved learning more about you.. After reading yours I could write a whole new one about me... more about who I am today... but the past is important also since it makes you who you are today... Good luck with the Meditation... I took Yoga classes once a week awhile back...( Ended when I could not find the time to go!!!! (duh)) it ended with a short period of meditation.. my only experience with it...But everything says, both are helpful in slowing the body down... The world we live in today , is spinning much too fast... yet being busy and excited is what makes life worth living... too many bored people out there...

taxed4ever
03-18-2017, 11:32 AM
So fun to catch up with all of you! What great stories you have to tell! You all have such amazing lives! Makes mind sound quite dull, but hey I don't mind dull!

easyeyes4you
03-18-2017, 12:07 PM
I see this was supposed to be 11 items.. Will have to go back and add one more... LATER! Duh... after all the 11th Celebration!!! What was I thinking?????

Scrapmemories
03-18-2017, 12:20 PM
1. My Name is Lorraine
2. I was born in Queens NY, raised in Florida (back again) and lived in Los Angeles for a third of my life
3. I am happily single -finally content in my own skin
4. I have a beautiful daughter Rachel, age 23 who is so much smarter and kinder than me, oh and stronger- she's battled a nerve disease for the past 13 years
5. I have four fur babies (3 cats and a dog that relates to cats better than other dogs)
6. I am an avid photographer
7. I love going to the beach at night (only 7 miles away) and don't go enough
9. I love being here at Oscraps. It makes me smile to see all the fantastic art created by all of you.
10. I love digital scrapbooking that I can whip up a page on a moments notice, compared to when I started with all those paper supplies
11. I love music and that is a passion my daughter and I share- our favorite is alternative rock!

janedee
03-18-2017, 01:35 PM
1. My name is Jane
2. I was born in Warwickshire, England but emigrated to Alberta, Canada when I was 12. I met my husband there and moved with him for ten years back to Ontario where he grew up. 24 years ago we moved to West Kelowna, BC where we have lived since.
3. I've been married for 35 years this year to my sweet hubby, Les.
4. I have two grown daughters, who are 32 and 30 this year. My eldest recently moved back to Canada after spending 7 years in New Zealand, while my younger dd lives in Georgia right now.
5. So far I have no grandchildren.
6. I love to get out walking in the good weather and snowshoe in the winter. I belong to a women's hiking group and we hike every Friday when weather permits.
7. I love to read and enjoy sci fi, dystopia, fantasy, mystery and historical genres.
8. I started work as a secretary and worked my way into bookkeeping. I worked for a public accounting firm and then kept the books for our contracting company for many years. Now, I'm retired and love it!
9. I love to travel. DH and I try to take a mini trip every year and a bigger one every other year. So far I've travelled to over 65 countries.
10. I enjoy gardening (but not weeding too much) but not house cleaning and am currently tempted to get someone in to help.
11. I love yoga and go to a class twice a week when we are in town

01lousmith
03-18-2017, 03:38 PM
I see this was supposed to be 11 items.. Will have to go back and add one more... LATER! Duh... after all the 11th Celebration!!! What was I thinking?????

Thanks for pointing that out! I stopped at 10 too.

taxed4ever
03-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Well more great get to know you posts! This makes me so happy!! Don't worry ladies we are not to strict around around here, so post one more interesting fact anout yourself whenever.
Jane- you have lived in so many great places but how nice that you found your way back to beautiful B.C.

Sheriscraps
03-18-2017, 10:38 PM
Okay. "11" things about me.

1. I turn "50" in 11 days!! (Any helpful hints to get me through it?)
2. I have 4 kids. (16, 18, 20, 22)
3. I finish my Masters in Educational technology this August.
4. I celebrate 25 years marriage this August!!
5. I started scrap booking in high school!
6. Oscraps is the first digi site I joined.
7. I love to garden.
8. I am a high school teacher for seven years now. Game design, video and photography.
9. I live in Washington state 30 minutes from Portland, OR.
10. I like to laugh.
11. I'm A 52 weeks subscriber!

faerywings
03-19-2017, 07:10 AM
Sheri- I think if you have 4 kids, 2 years apart, you don't need any help with turning 50- you got this! Superwoman! :D
Soon after I turned 48, I started thinking of myself as almost 50. I am hoping that by the time I hit 50 next year, I will be so numb to it. :pound:

faerywings
03-19-2017, 07:12 AM
jane- you post reminded me that we need to start a What Are You Reading Thread for 2017. I always loved seeing what books you had on your lists.

faerywings
03-19-2017, 07:14 AM
1. My Name is Lorraine
2. I was born in Queens NY, raised in Florida (back again) and lived in Los Angeles for a third of my life
3. I am happily single -finally content in my own skin
4. I have a beautiful daughter Rachel, age 23 who is so much smarter and kinder than me, oh and stronger- she's battled a nerve disease for the past 13 years
5. I have four fur babies (3 cats and a dog that relates to cats better than other dogs)
6. I am an avid photographer
7. I love going to the beach at night (only 7 miles away) and don't go enough
9. I love being here at Oscraps. It makes me smile to see all the fantastic art created by all of you.
10. I love digital scrapbooking that I can whip up a page on a moments notice, compared to when I started with all those paper supplies
11. I love music and that is a passion my daughter and I share- our favorite is alternative rock!

Lorraine, isn't it funny to have a dog that thinks it is a cat? I had one of those. :D

faerywings
03-19-2017, 07:18 AM
Liz- how cool about your screen name, never knew that about you.

Lou- is there anywhere you haven't lived that you want to? I am such a homebody and can't imagine leaving NJ. ( scratch that- I imagine leaving NJ a lot, but not actually following through hee hee)

Danesa
03-19-2017, 07:36 AM
Denise!! (or is it Evelyn?) LOL. Wow your life does not sound one bit boring to me!! What was the name of your singing group? Perhaps some of us have heard of you!! How romantic to know that you will be living in your sweethearts Villa!! Hope you don't forget about us when you do! :becky:

Haha, Trudi. Danesa (which is my Italian version is just fine.) Otherwise, if you call me Evelyn we will have to forfeit our friendship. hahaha As for our Italy move, it will be awhile since this could be a long assignment, unfortunately. :(

Sharron, Our group was called HisWay. I checked online and there are no sources for us. Thank goodness. haha Back then we thought we were great (and we really were good) but in today's world well...not so much. :) I'll have to dig up an album cover, when I go to storage next time. Always good for a laugh. :)

Sheriscraps
03-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Sheri- I think if you have 4 kids, 2 years apart, you don't need any help with turning 50- you got this! Superwoman! :D
Soon after I turned 48, I started thinking of myself as almost 50. I am hoping that by the time I hit 50 next year, I will be so numb to it. :pound:

I've been saying 50 the last twelve months to help. LOL

01lousmith
03-19-2017, 10:18 PM
Liz- how cool about your screen name, never knew that about you.

Lou- is there anywhere you haven't lived that you want to? I am such a homebody and can't imagine leaving NJ. ( scratch that- I imagine leaving NJ a lot, but not actually following through hee hee)

For now, i just want to settle for a few years. It is easier to stay put once you have kids! But my husband wants us all to sail around the world in a few years... We'll see!

janedee
03-20-2017, 12:25 AM
jane- you post reminded me that we need to start a What Are You Reading Thread for 2017. I always loved seeing what books you had on your lists.

I always love to see the reading lists! I get so many great new reads from them!

nightshadow
03-20-2017, 08:39 PM
My list:
1. I live in Cape Coral, Florida which is approximately one and a half hours south of Sarasota, the Circus City.
2. I hate hot weather but Florida has been kind to my husband regarding his work. (so glad I have Central A/C)
3. I have lived in New York, North Carolina, Maryland, and Florida. Seems each time I relocate I end up further south...hope I don't end up in the Atlantic Ocean. :)
4. I helped design the plans for the house we live in (after much study and reading).
5. I've been married 3 times, and finally got it right on the third try.
6. In May, my DH and I will celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary.
7. I went back to school when I was in my 40's and earned an AA degree in Sociology.
8. I'm a member of Phi Theta Kappa, the National Junior College Honor Society.
9. In addition to several short term jobs both before and afterward, I worked for IBM out of Maryland for 15 years.
10. I'm a dog person, not a cat person and I also love birds.
11. I'm a pretty good cook but I'd rather bake.

faerywings
03-21-2017, 06:05 AM
Elaina, I would happily live in the South - for the weather, I am a NJ Girl at heart :)