PDA

View Full Version : I want to know....

Pages : [1] 2 3

O Birthday Fairy
03-11-2017, 06:44 AM
Hello,
You'll know how I am curious and how I love send you coupons prizes :love:

I'll give a coupon to the first one who 'll reach post #50.
And after every 50 posts.

Post # 1 : Now I want to know which moment do you prefer on birthday ?
Post #37 : What is your favorite series TV ?
Post #145 : I want to know where you 'll go for holidays this summer ?

O Birthday Fairy
03-11-2017, 06:47 AM
My best moment : when the cake arrive with candles on it !
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPfTJN4r1gzGD-9mhy-8JCFtbDbPH0asL752HHnI_qy893ZtQY5w

mary-lynne
03-11-2017, 06:51 AM
My family is all out of town, so when the phone rings is a wonderful moment!!!

Gerli
03-11-2017, 06:53 AM
breakfast - in bed ;)

helenedubois
03-11-2017, 07:04 AM
Having my whole family together.

petey111
03-11-2017, 07:12 AM
Having a margarita!!!

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt258/aufrog/Smilies/hosed.gif

(All right, it's probably when my family is around me, but the margaritas are a close second!)

beckturn
03-11-2017, 07:22 AM
I love the extra attention I get every time someone wishes me Happy Birthday. Especially when I hear from family who live so far away.

Danesa
03-11-2017, 07:54 AM
No one is brave enough (or dumb enough) to say opening presents but I will. haha Especially when my grown daughters were stuffed in a huge box, wrapped (with even a huge bow on top) and so so quiet. I opened it (after struggling to get the wrap off with it being covered in heavy duty moving tape) and to my surprise they had come from out of state (Florida & New York...I'm in North Carolina) for my birthday party! The best present ever!!! I had received a phone call from them not 15 minutes before that (on what I thought was conference call) so my surprise was totally real. :) They told me they had gone in together to get me a gift they were sure I really wanted. Boy, were they correct. I love those sneaky girls. :)

faerywings
03-11-2017, 08:20 AM
Having my mom cook me dinner :)

chai
03-11-2017, 08:32 AM
Not having to make the meals!

ritacica
03-11-2017, 08:37 AM
I love the cake and surprise! :cheer2:

felis
03-11-2017, 08:55 AM
Maybe I'm small pathetic, but my favorite part of the Oscraps parties are this thread.
On birthday I prefer to not make any routine works and of course other do it for me, this is so kindly awesome!

O' Fairy, lovely new dress! Happy birthday!

felis
03-11-2017, 08:59 AM
No one is brave enough (or dumb enough) to say opening presents but I will. haha Especially when my grown daughters were stuffed in a huge box, wrapped (with even a huge bow on top) and so so quiet. I opened it (after struggling to get the wrap off with it being covered in heavy duty moving tape) and to my surprise they had come from out of state (Florida & New York...I'm in North Carolina) for my birthday party! The best present ever!!! I had received a phone call from them not 15 minutes before that (on what I thought was conference call) so my surprise was totally real. :) They told me they had gone in together to get me a gift they were sure I really wanted. Boy, were they correct. I love those sneaky girls. :)

Danesa, this is totally awesome, so so sweet story! :clap2:
Save

seniorgal
03-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Getting coupons from digi sites!

Gerli
03-11-2017, 09:08 AM
My next answer would be 'opening presents' - but I think you beat us all.
In a wonderful way :rockon:

NancyP
03-11-2017, 09:19 AM
The day after when I am over the shock of being a year older!!!! Number 78 in four months~!!!! AAAGGHHHHHH!!!!!! But I DO love my birthdays! I mean----after all----look at my avatar????? Whose the birthday cake maker around here???????

taxed4ever
03-11-2017, 11:20 AM
I love to have a Birthday, I can celebrate being one year older, a feat that many others do not get to do!! My favourite part is Facetiming with my kids and grandkids and having them sing Happy Birthday to me! DH usually takes me out for dinner so that is pretty great too, I don't have to cook! :ballons:

zlemon
03-11-2017, 12:01 PM
why the chocolate cake, of course! and on special birthdays, a champagne toast!

easyeyes4you
03-11-2017, 12:40 PM

That is so cool... I hope you scrapped that very memorable event!?

VickiStegall
03-11-2017, 12:51 PM
Eating the cake :)

nightshadow
03-11-2017, 01:24 PM
I'm with Vicki...eating the cake, especially since my DH custom orders mine from our supermarket bakery and it has salted caramel frosting and filling. Yummmm!!!!

VickiStegall
03-11-2017, 01:32 PM
I'm with Vicki...eating the cake, especially since my DH custom orders mine from our supermarket bakery and it has salted caramel frosting and filling. Yummmm!!!!

Omg that sounds amazing!!!!

DivaMom96
03-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Presents!!!!

DivaMom96
03-11-2017, 02:06 PM
And, birthday surprises!

Gerli
03-11-2017, 02:58 PM
. . . . . and lots of hot fresh coffee!!!

scrap-genie
03-11-2017, 04:51 PM
In some years if the day is nice the best thing is going birding with my DH (and sometimes also BIL). Otherwise it would be the chocolate cake if I got any but usually don't (and shouldn't) so I guess that leaves the celebration of going out to dinner.

P'tiscrap
03-11-2017, 05:03 PM
I love to discover beautiful gifts packages, and to wonder what is inside.

GGGarden
03-11-2017, 05:43 PM
I have to go with cake - it's all about the cake!

LaurieW
03-11-2017, 06:13 PM
I love having a special cake- or dessert if I am eating out!

mcurtt
03-12-2017, 07:47 AM
I make it a rule to take my birthday off from work, so I always look forward to that!

Gerli
03-12-2017, 08:07 AM
No rules here - but I love more presents!!!

Dady
03-12-2017, 09:31 AM
I love gifts!

timounette
03-12-2017, 09:39 AM
come on ladies... we are far from post #50

Ellen
03-12-2017, 09:46 AM
when they've all gone out of the door and I can have peace and quiet again.

no , to be serious I tend to escape for the significant ones like 50 or 65 .:rain:

Madi
03-12-2017, 09:56 AM
when they've all gone out of the door and I can have peace and quiet again.

no , to be serious I tend to escape for the significant ones like 50 or 65 .:rain:
That is a great time of the day for me too!

Gerli
03-12-2017, 09:58 AM
ooooooooooooh - to take off your shoes and put your feet up - aaaaaaaaaaaaaah

O Birthday Fairy
03-12-2017, 10:06 AM
ah ah as I saw it's difficult for you to tchat... I'll offer my first gift to post 25.
So Gerli check your PM !

A new question to help you reach post# 50
What is your favorite series TV ?

LaurieW
03-12-2017, 10:19 AM
I love to watch an emergency room series - Code Black!

timounette
03-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Don't know this serie.
Actually we are watching "Scorpions". Action, Humour

felis
03-12-2017, 10:41 AM
HUMANS!!! It's a best show made last few years. Amazing cast and so many ideology and criticism of the humanity. Action and philosophy.

felis
03-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Don't know this serie.
Actually we are watching "Scorpions". Action, Humour
Oh, I like Walter O'Brien so much! Very interesting TV series.

petey111
03-12-2017, 10:50 AM
T.V.??? What's that? (Grumbling: Stupid dissertation cutting into my tv and scrapping time!!!)

Gerli
03-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Thank you so much O Birthday Fairy

ah ah as I saw it's difficult for you to tchat... I'll offer my first gift to post 25.
So Gerli check your PM !

A new question to help you reach post# 50
What is your favorite series TV ?

Ellen
03-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Call the Midwife- tonight is the last episode.

besides the news that's about the only thing I watch on the telly.

Gerli
03-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Whitechapel - a thriller - it is awesome.

Whitechapel is a British television drama series.

felis
03-12-2017, 11:51 AM
besides the news that's about the only thing I watch on the telly.
Pfuu, I try to skip the news always when I can, they are so depressing, so many tragedy when you can't help, only makes me misanthropic and be a paranoid.

timounette
03-12-2017, 11:59 AM
soon... soon a new winner.
I help you a bit because I can't win

Danesa
03-12-2017, 12:09 PM
Congratulations, Gerli!
Now we are on tv? :) I've been binging (in the wee hours) on old tv shows from 70s. Especially M*A*S*H. Their writers were the best ever. The one liners never cease. :)

NancyP
03-12-2017, 12:14 PM
Well, I just won a wonderful gift from the OFairy so I won't grab spot number 50. So anyone out there watching this thread, jump in here at spot number 50 !!!! WOOT WOOT !!!!

felis
03-12-2017, 12:15 PM
So exited!

felis
03-12-2017, 12:16 PM
Thank you so much for the support, girls, you are awesome!

NancyP
03-12-2017, 12:18 PM
WOW!! You were right there, felis !!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :ballons:

timounette
03-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Congrats Felis ! Who will be next one ?

O Birthday Fairy
03-12-2017, 12:37 PM
We have our Winner : Congrats Felis
Who will be the next ???

When I get some time to relax, I watch to LUCIFER....

ritacica
03-12-2017, 12:39 PM
Congrats Felis :cheer2:

Gerli
03-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Congrats Felis!

veer
03-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Congrats Felis !

easyeyes4you
03-12-2017, 02:41 PM
Just getting back in here and too late... I figured everyone was hanging back waiting for it to get closer to 50... hung at 29 all day yesterday... I also figured that those of you on the other side of the world would get the ball rolling while I was sleeping... congrats Felis!

beckturn
03-12-2017, 03:15 PM
The tv show I just couldn't miss was the GoodWife. I recorded it so I wouldn't miss an episode.
Current favorite show is the Voice. Love the singing.

timounette
03-12-2017, 03:51 PM
We also watch the Voice.

I also love "grey's anatomy"

easyeyes4you
03-12-2017, 04:54 PM
I am stacking up the Voice at the moment... Just can't keep up with so many hours of it in one week! I am liking Designated Survivor... Very real for those of us in the states..., the Catch, Being Mary Jane, the Blacklist although I have to be in the mood... hard show to watch... and now they have a spin off... Long time favorite is Law and Order SVU... oh and The Bachelor!!!!!

NancyP
03-12-2017, 05:39 PM
I'm just not a tv fan, I guess. I turn on the Weather Channel just to hear voices, and of course, see when the next storm will hit!! I watch a little news but lately, its just too much drama!!! My one and only show I love and watch every Thursday is Project Runway. I have started watching Finding Jesus on Sunday nights. I like it because it comes in from the historical end and is quite interesting. Its not just about Jesus but about the people who were around Him. Last week it was on the life of Pontius Pilate.

easyeyes4you
03-12-2017, 05:55 PM
I'm just not a tv fan, I guess. I turn on the Weather Channel just to hear voices, and of course, see when the next storm will hit!! I watch a little news but lately, its just too much drama!!! My one and only show I love and watch every Thursday is Project Runway. I have started watching Finding Jesus on Sunday nights. I like it because it comes in from the historical end and is quite interesting. Its not just about Jesus but about the people who were around Him. Last week it was on the life of Pontius Pilate.

I watch Project Runway , whenever the original show is on, but it is not running right now here... have never done any of the spin offs....

scrap-genie
03-12-2017, 06:13 PM
My favorite was the X Files but now maybe NCIS.

NancyP
03-12-2017, 06:22 PM
I watch Project Runway , whenever the original show is on, but it is not running right now here... have never done any of the spin offs....

They just finished Project Runway Teens. Was NOT happy with many of their decisions. Saw lots of favoritism. PR should be starting up soon.

NancyP
03-12-2017, 06:25 PM
OK, what is everyone cooking right now, or in near future; breakfast? lunch? dinner? I was going to fry some fish for dinner, but never got to it, but still have to fry them up tonight because I defrosted them yesterday.
Really hard cooking when you live alone. I do a lot of canned soup, cereal and P&J sandwiches. Yeah, I know, healthy??????

janedee
03-12-2017, 06:42 PM
Going out for dinner with the family (if everyone is in town).

felis
03-12-2017, 08:06 PM
My favorite was the X Files but now maybe NCIS.
What you think about the "Fringe", isn't a something similar?! I watched maybe 2 seasons, but not successive and lost the point.

Oh and I love Gillian Anderson at "The Fall", this show was getting better with every season, so bad they stop it so early!

felis
03-12-2017, 08:10 PM
I'm just not a tv fan, I guess. I turn on the Weather Channel just to hear voices
Here is the same with cooking channel or this for houses.
By the way right now we have a local TV show when they repair houses of the people in need, so awesome and touching!

felis
03-12-2017, 08:17 PM
I also love "grey's anatomy"
Oh, I adore Katherine Heigl because of her position about animal rights, I gradually lost interest after she quit. But it's in my plan to go back finished watching of all seasons some day. Maybe when the show fully end I will make a marathon.

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 12:01 AM
We watch the Voice, too! Love it. I watch Project Runway, too. The hubs does NOT watch it with me lol

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 12:03 AM
And, I don't cook very much. I just dont' have the time and energy for it right now. So, we are pretty much eating out every meal. bleh

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 01:40 AM
I cook whatever is easy... Last week Costco was demo-ing a lobster and shrimp lasagna ....it was incredible... $14 a package in Deli case made by Monterey Bay it had 5 smallish servings with big pieces of lobster and shrimp, it worked nicely with a piece of garlic bread... that has been my main meal all week long, since I did not want to freeze it... Last portion today... easy peasy and yummy! One of the many benefits of living alone!

nightshadow
03-13-2017, 03:10 AM
I try to cook large quantities so I can freeze half or more of what I make. This keeps the actual cooking days down. My DH loves soup, pasta and chili, so that makes it pretty easy (Although I despise the cleanup part, even with a dishwasher).

nightshadow
03-13-2017, 03:20 AM
Btw, I have discovered the most amazing Vegan chili (no we are not Vegans). Not a drop of meat in it but it's absolutely delish...makes a lot too. Hmmm...perhaps I should make a scrap page about it? What do you think girls?

Gerli
03-13-2017, 03:22 AM
I love childrens tv - and a big bag of chips !!!

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 03:37 AM
I try to cook large quantities so I can freeze half or more of what I make. This keeps the actual cooking days down. My DH loves soup, pasta and chili, so that makes it pretty easy (Although I despise the cleanup part, even with a dishwasher).

I eat a lot of soup and pasta and casseroles.... I don't consider it a meal without meat, yet I actually eat very little meat... funny!

A recipe page would be a good thing... If you wait long enough someone will put up a challenge... we did recipes for some of the Christmas Challenges... I even made some that others posted... Cranberry sauce with orange juice for one....

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Well my clock says it is 1:42 AM... think it is time to call it a day... Have been working on my double template, but have so many versions now they are being slow loading... I hate that I can't point to a paper and say that will work...! :whip:

ritacica
03-13-2017, 03:42 AM
We don't watch TV; we like watching movies, playing a board game. :)
I LOVE to cook and bake... Just now hard for me, because I have gestational diabetes and I need a diet. :preggers:

nightshadow
03-13-2017, 04:13 AM
I eat a lot of soup and pasta and casseroles.... I don't consider it a meal without meat, yet I actually eat very little meat... funny!

A recipe page would be a good thing... If you wait long enough someone will put up a challenge... we did recipes for some of the Christmas Challenges... I even made some that others posted... Cranberry sauce with orange juice for one....

Hmmm...maybe I will wait. I hate it when I make something and then there is a challenge posted for that very thing...afterward. LOL

Btw, we eat a lot of meat free meals, one of our favorites is Eggplant Parmesan.

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 06:43 AM
Eggplant parmesan sounds nice!
Not sure it would work here, with 2 young kids i try to make sure they will eat the meal too, nothing i hate more than doing 2-3 different meals to cater for everyone! Like the meal is served and the 3-yr old declares he wants pasta, so i end up eating cold (other option is off to bed hungry, which does not bother him but bothers me!)

Back to the initial reason i dropped by: my favorite part of birthday is the cake! It has to be chocolate though! (And not carrot, unlike what my hubby seems to think!)

scrapinmom
03-13-2017, 08:00 AM
My favorite part is my family around me!

Adryane
03-13-2017, 01:15 PM
My daughter posts a countdown of the 30-days leading up to my birthday on the ceiling above my bed! She has little pieces of paper that she changes every day :-)

felis
03-13-2017, 02:08 PM
Come one, girls, next winner could be tonight!
And till we spoke about the food, I'm curious how you deal with the Easter lent fasting?

felis
03-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Till the Lent easiest breakfast for me is whole grain bread toast with a homemade houmous.

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 02:42 PM
Well many hours of sleeping since my last post here... I really thought the European ladies were going to keep it going all night, and it is now afternoon here and still creeping along!!!!! :juggle:

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 02:49 PM
Ah... Breakfast, is I think my favorite meal... So much variety... Up very late today and eating breakfast at lunchtime, I had French toast and bacon and juice... always juice... but some days cold cereal and milk... other things... bacon sandwiches, hidden bacon egg sandwiches, pancakes , waffles, muffins, bagels, and English muffins all from the store... quick and easy... sometimes toast with cinnamon sugar, sometimes honey, sometimes jam... on bagels it might be cream cheese or butter and jam or honey... It is always a matter of deciding what I am hungry for on any given day... I listen to my body.. sometimes it craves sweets and other times protein... Oh and I also occasionally do a traditional bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast meal, and another favorite is an English muffin with a sausage patty... My fav, fast food breakfast is a sausage biscuit (no egg or cheese) at McDonalds... Yum!

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 02:50 PM
My daughter posts a countdown of the 30-days leading up to my birthday on the ceiling above my bed! She has little pieces of paper that she changes every day :-)

That is so funny... did she forget at some time and get in trouble?

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 02:55 PM
I just had lunch, but now I feel hungry again with that list!

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 03:13 PM
I just had lunch, but now I feel hungry again with that list!

:hand:

felis
03-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Ah... Breakfast, is I think my favorite meal... So much variety... Up very late today and eating breakfast at lunchtime, I had French toast and bacon and juice... always juice... but some days cold cereal and milk... other things... bacon sandwiches, hidden bacon egg sandwiches, pancakes , waffles, muffins, bagels, and English muffins all from the store... quick and easy... sometimes toast with cinnamon sugar, sometimes honey, sometimes jam... on bagels it might be cream cheese or butter and jam or honey... It is always a matter of deciding what I am hungry for on any given day... I listen to my body.. sometimes it craves sweets and other times protein... Oh and I also occasionally do a traditional bacon, eggs, hash browns and toast meal, and another favorite is an English muffin with a sausage patty... My fav, fast food breakfast is a sausage biscuit (no egg or cheese) at McDonalds... Yum!
LOL! Easyeyes4you, you dare to live against the mainstream! I respect this passion for disobedience.

Adryane
03-13-2017, 03:54 PM
That is so funny... did she forget at some time and get in trouble?

No, she's just a creative thinker :elephant

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 05:00 PM
LOL! Easyeyes4you, you dare to live against the mainstream! I respect this passion for disobedience.

Yep...that is me... Way too old for all this healthy eating bit... will leave that to at least one of my daughters in law.... Doing quite well on my diet... my age is right up there with the older ladies on this site... believe it or not!

Yeah... I am quite photogenic... You should see me when I am not smiling or the sun casts shadows on the wrinkles! That is NOT going to happen... well actually it did on a page a few years ago which was to show the darker and brighter sides of your face.... I cringe when I look at it!

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 05:02 PM

That's so sweet!!!!

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 05:03 PM
Btw, I have discovered the most amazing Vegan chili (no we are not Vegans). Not a drop of meat in it but it's absolutely delish...makes a lot too. Hmmm...perhaps I should make a scrap page about it? What do you think girls?

Yes, I think you should! We love chili around here, but we don't do beans lol

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 05:04 PM
I love childrens tv - and a big bag of chips !!!

LOL LOVE it!!!!

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 05:05 PM
We don't watch TV; we like watching movies, playing a board game. :)
I LOVE to cook and bake... Just now hard for me, because I have gestational diabetes and I need a diet. :preggers:

AFter, you can bake again after!

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 05:05 PM
I've had a vegan chili once, made with gnocchi. It wasn't great at all, so yes for sharing a good recipe!

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 05:09 PM
oooo #99!

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 05:09 PM
#100!

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 05:17 PM
Well congrats... That is what i get for sleeping when it was getting so close...! actually I am having WAY to much fun playing with blending modes on my double page spread.... Once you get the page perfect and then start playing with them everything changes... I now have at least half a dozen new choices to narrow down... May take me to 150!

...and how on earth did the chili conversation return????

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 05:20 PM
I guess Vicki was sleeping too, she brought back the chili

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Ah.. I see what happened... Vicki was lurking and came in and pushed things... Where were you at in the middle of the night Vicki??? Just teasing...

BTW... Great Party!

01lousmith
03-13-2017, 05:21 PM
I took the kids for a swim at #90 and thought we'd be way past #100 when I'd come back, but no, 98. And no one around...

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 05:39 PM
You did great Lou!

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 07:55 PM
OK... Double spread is in the gallery and forum... Off to what I was supposed to be doing today!!! see you later!

VickiStegall
03-13-2017, 08:50 PM
Ah.. I see what happened... Vicki was lurking and came in and pushed things... Where were you at in the middle of the night Vicki??? Just teasing...

BTW... Great Party!

LOL oooops. I was just hanging out and commenting. I didn't think of the post count!!!!

easyeyes4you
03-13-2017, 10:54 PM
You are just being a good Mama O! :grin:

jang123
03-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Guess I'll keep it going with the fact I like to go out to eat on birthdays.

easyeyes4you
03-14-2017, 02:53 AM
Well I actually have not posted my favorite either... So after thinking about it for a couple of days, I think the thing I like the best is hearing from unexpected old friends who I rarely hear from... I live in a town with no relatives, so we gather once a year for all our Spring birthdays... Mine is the
22nd of this month and I have a friend who takes me out to lunch... that is it as far as real celebrations go till we have our party which will be in April this year at my daughters in Folsom... So the phone calls, texts, e-mails, Facebook posts and cards in the mail make me smile....

easyeyes4you
03-14-2017, 01:45 PM
Where did everyone go??? No posts since mine many hours ago!

Another late start to the day for me... Med I am on, keeps me from ever getting sleepy... good and bad... Nice to be awake, but at some point I have to stop and say, I HAVE to go to sleep!

Off for errands then back to finch funny portrait... almost done last night when computer froze after I had saved it, but it did not save... Need to start over, but now I know what i am going to do, so should be easy, but time consuming!

VickiStegall
03-14-2017, 02:38 PM
You are just being a good Mama O! :grin:

I try :)

VickiStegall
03-14-2017, 02:38 PM
I like to go out to eat for birthdays, too.

Oh, who am I kidding.... I like to go out to dinner every day lol

scribler
03-14-2017, 02:47 PM
I'll be honest, I like opening presents. lol

Key Lime Digi Design
03-14-2017, 02:49 PM
My favorite part of any day is sleeping in when I get to. Ooooh, or a nap...now those are good too!

Osli
03-14-2017, 02:52 PM
I love surprises. My best moment if someone surprise me

twinsmomflor
03-14-2017, 03:03 PM
Present time for me too... usually from my girls... but I get one for me by me before LOL

faerywings
03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
if someone wanted to give me a birthday gift that has to do with food, I would be more than happy to have a personal chef come to the house. And it that isn't feasible, then maybe I could have someone cook me dinner every night?

I am a decent cook, but I hate having to come up with dinner ideas all of the time.

Danesa
03-14-2017, 03:15 PM
1 margarita, 2 margarita, 3 margarita, floor! (Yep, that's how I like to go on my big day!). 👁

bcgal00
03-14-2017, 03:17 PM
Before changing my eating habits I used to think the best part of a birthday celebration was "cake" but now I would have to say my fave part is having the family come together and hanging out, just having a causal relaxed time together at home or out at a restaurant.

VickiStegall
03-14-2017, 03:32 PM
1 margarita, 2 margarita, 3 margarita, floor! (Yep, that's how I like to go on my big day!). 👁

ahahhahahahah!

Rita (Blue Flower Art)
03-14-2017, 05:49 PM
ahahhahahahah!

You spelled it wrong and you can't blame autocorrect :D

NancyP
03-14-2017, 05:55 PM
Yeah, if I were a drinker, I would probably go out that way too!!!! Does Pepsi count?????

Soco
03-14-2017, 06:14 PM

How sweet!!!

Soco
03-14-2017, 06:15 PM

This is the best!!! lol!!!

Soco
03-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Being so far away from my country, family and friends, I love getting the phone calls, the messages, and of course, the best is hubby and the girls making my day special. :)

VickiStegall
03-14-2017, 06:44 PM
You spelled it wrong and you can't blame autocorrect :D

I don't laugh politely either lol

easyeyes4you
03-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Well I am back here for awhile now... finish funny portrait and OMG... have not even looked at todays challenge... off to check things out!

felis
03-14-2017, 10:39 PM
I'm wake up early today trying to put all back to the plan, after yesterday I didn't finished almost nothing. So excuse me if I'm just missed it, but I can't found what it was Day 5 game?!

easyeyes4you
03-14-2017, 10:55 PM
Day 5 was a slow speed scrap... instructions are posted... I am about to finish mine off

felis
03-15-2017, 12:10 AM
Day 5 was a slow speed scrap... instructions are posted... I am about to finish mine off
No, this is the Challenge (I posted mine) , I ask for the game.

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 12:11 AM
Ah... I am having trouble keeping up... Just posted my challenge page... Very late I think!

felis
03-15-2017, 12:14 AM
It's not late, not at all, it was slooow scrap so page can be done till March 16th.

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:20 AM
I have not read all the ay through the thread, but at one point Scribler said there was a few minutes left to post... I am assuming there was some special prize for that challenge??/ I do know when had a while to finish everything...

Just finished dinner and as soon as I am done with the evening news, I am going to read that thread... Did you find you game??/ I don't think I saw one???

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:35 AM
The posted times are very confusing for the Slow scrap... But she states we have until the 16th to complete the page and be entered into a special drawing ... So I guess I am good...??? Still a half hour away from the 16th here!

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:43 AM
It sounds as if the game today was a number guessing thing... they are discussing it in the slow scrap thread... already a winner....

scrap-genie
03-15-2017, 01:52 AM
I don't think there was a game for day 5. And the slow scrap runs until 2:00 p.m. Central Time on the 16th. (It started on the 14th.) For details, they're in the first post in that forum thread. I thought it was for 24 hours, but the 16th would make it 48.

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 02:19 AM
Since we are wrapped all around the world, I am sure there are some differences in what day it actually is... but this was for Day 5 which and it was the 15th, where I am... although I don't really know what time it started... I am so off schedule today , it is ridiculous.... anyway Cindy plainly states it has to be posted tomorrow the 16th... for the extra prize... my brain is not doing well at computing things today.... I had just not read the whole thing until a few minutes ago.... it was fun...

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Where are you at Jean... I think you are US??????

felis
03-15-2017, 09:16 AM
Since we are wrapped all around the world, I am sure there are some differences in what day it actually is... but this was for Day 5 which and it was the 15th, where I am... although I don't really know what time it started... I am so off schedule today , it is ridiculous.... anyway Cindy plainly states it has to be posted tomorrow the 16th... for the extra prize... my brain is not doing well at computing things today.... I had just not read the whole thing until a few minutes ago.... it was fun...

Slow scraps start on 14th and end on 16th, yes for the different time zones it start in different time, but between the start and the end number of hours is the same for everybody =48h.
For those who join to the chat O Fairy gave some surprising additional prizes. Everybody who make a LO for this 48h (1 p.m. on 14th ~ 2 p.m. on 16th Central Time and ect.) will be into a drawing to win a $5 coupon.
Everybody who make a LO for this challenge after 16th will be only into a drawing to win a Birthday Event Prizes.
Hope this info helps.

felis
03-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Did you find you game??/ I don't think I saw one???
Obviously it is start later or I'm hurry too much :). I see it now and joined. It's the ABCs of birthdays.

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 12:29 PM
One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people do not seem to realize they have to complete all the challenges even if not on the day to be a part of the drawings at the end... I guess whatever they do qualifies them for the monthly thing of 6??? without actually doing the 6 posted which I have not even looked at this month... At least that is how it worked during the advent challenge, and that is what he original post said...

felis
03-15-2017, 12:57 PM
One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people do not seem to realize they have to complete all the challenges even if not on the day to be a part of the drawings at the end... I guess whatever they do qualifies them for the monthly thing of 6??? without actually doing the 6 posted which I have not even looked at this month... At least that is how it worked during the advent challenge, and that is what he original post said...
Umm, I'm not sure what you mean. Only that I can advise is to read carefully the instruction, these lovely ladies are explain everything so detailed for every challenge.
First everyone have to track everything that do alone, can't expect someone other to have time or energy to do your work and this is less that can do when want to qualify for a prize.
Second - the party challenges have their one tracking thread which is different than the monthly tracking thread and they bring different coupon prize.
Just follow the explanation in every thread, have to spend a little time, because the host is spend even more to describe all carefully.
And of course, don't worry to ask. I'm always received so kindly answers when I found myself lost in translation. :music:

Fairy White
03-15-2017, 01:18 PM
Now I want to know which moment do you prefer on birthday ?

If I'm having a birthday party on that day - then, to be honest, my favourite moment is welcoming my guests, unwrapping the presents and saying thanks to people who've given them to me. )))
If it's a weekday and everyone's at work I try to cancel my lessons and have a quiet time at home waiting for my husband to return from work. ))) And it's great that you don't have to do chores on that day! )))

O Birthday Fairy
03-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Sorry I'm back , and CONGRATS to Lou for post #100 !
Check your PM.

And as I didn't come yesterday I'll send some others coupons... Surprise !!!!!!!!

And now as I'm curious, I want to know where you 'll go for holidays this summer ?

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Umm, I'm not sure what you mean. Only that I can advise is to read carefully the instruction, these lovely ladies are explain everything so detailed for every challenge.
First everyone have to track everything that do alone, can't expect someone other to have time or energy to do your work and this is less that can do when want to qualify for a prize.
Second - the party challenges have their one tracking thread which is different than the monthly tracking thread and they bring different coupon prize.
Just follow the explanation in every thread, have to spend a little time, because the host is spend even more to describe all carefully.
And of course, don't worry to ask. I'm always received so kindly answers when I found myself lost in translation. :music:

All of what you say is true... What I meant was, that I have seen some who have said, I may not do "that" challenge... and I have wondered if they realized that puts them out of the drawing for the big prize... I will go back later and look for the part that said, of course our regular prizes are in place also... or some such thing... All I know is I got the 25% off and did not do the monthly challenges during Advent

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:37 PM
Check your PM.

And as I didn't come yesterday I'll send some others coupons... Surprise !!!!!!!!

And now as I'm curious, I want to know where you 'll go for holidays this summer ?

Welcome back... I am so excited to actually have travel plans this year, but before summer... I am going to Alaska for the first half of May... Used to live there, and it has been 3 years since I have been... Have 2 kids and 4 grandchildren I rarely see...

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:43 PM
For Felis...

I may have misinterpreted... here is what it says at the beginning of the tracking thread... Does seem to be 2 different things... No matter... I only have time for one....

We have the traditional forum event happening with daily games and challenges – don’t worry, you’ve got till the end of the month to complete them all. Our standard monthly challenge rewards are in place, plus a few extra designer sponsored challenges.

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:48 PM
The most exciting part of my planned trip is my sons and their families and I are going to return to Valdez, where they lived as children for 6 years, WAY back in the 70's!!!!

My oldest son and I were there last well over 10 years ago... have not looked up the date... need to... Anyway, it will be so much fun to see what has happened to that once sleepy little town nick named the Switzerland of Alaska... I am assuming , from the lack of lodgings , it has returned to being the sleepy little town it was before we moved there , at the beginning of the pipeline being built...

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:49 PM
...and now if I am fast, I will be post 150!!!!!

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 01:49 PM
Done... I am off to my busy day!!!! This thread was a really hard one this time... Not much talk!

Fairy White
03-15-2017, 01:54 PM

Congtars, easyeyes4you! )))

This summer we will probably go to the seaside for a few days. Our team is going to take part in The Black Sea Open Cup in "What? Where? When?" held in Batumi this year.

O Birthday Fairy
03-15-2017, 02:18 PM
...and now if I am fast, I will be post 150!!!!!

Yay !!! Congrats !!! Check your PM....

felis
03-15-2017, 02:37 PM
Check your PM.

Fairy, you are here, it's pleasure to see you!
Actually I will have a lazy summer at home, because hate the hot weather, and will think for vacation into the autumn, but can't tell you or have to kill you! LOL, I read too much espionage books these days. I just kidding, I can't share because of superstition (don't tell if you want to happen).

felis
03-15-2017, 02:39 PM
For Felis...

I may have misinterpreted... here is what it says at the beginning of the tracking thread... Does seem to be 2 different things... No matter... I only have time for one....

We have the traditional forum event happening with daily games and challenges – don’t worry, you’ve got till the end of the month to complete them all. Our standard monthly challenge rewards are in place, plus a few extra designer sponsored challenges.

OK, can you ask some Cherry Os, please, I'm the worst person to explain with my poor english.
What I can to generalize is
Birthday events 3 chance to win:
~complete all 11 challenges for chance to win one of three Birthday Event Prizes
~complete the daily challenge at the time which is announced for it and be in drawing for $5 coupon
~play into the games for chance to win additional prizes

At same time but in completely different category are also March Challenges
~complete 3 challenges get a 10% off coupon
~complete 6 challenges get a 25% off coupon.

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 02:43 PM
This summer we will probably go to the seaside for a few days. Our team is going to take part in The Black Sea Open Cup in "What? Where? When?" held in Batumi this year.

That sounds so cool! What will you be doing. I tried to google it but didn't get very far.

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 02:46 PM
Slow scraps start on 14th and end on 16th, yes for the different time zones it start in different time, but between the start and the end number of hours is the same for everybody =48h.
For those who join to the chat O Fairy gave some surprising additional prizes. Everybody who make a LO for this 48h (1 p.m. on 14th ~ 2 p.m. on 16th Central Time and ect.) will be into a drawing to win a $5 coupon.
Everybody who make a LO for this challenge after 16th will be only into a drawing to win a Birthday Event Prizes.
Hope this info helps.

This sounds right to me!

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 02:49 PM
...and now if i am fast, i will be post 150!!!!!

congrats!

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 02:51 PM

We're not really going anywhere for holidays this summer, but my hubby and I are going to take an overnight trip to Dallas for our 20th wedding anniversary at the end of the month. He's never taken a train trip, so we're going to take the train down and back :)

scrap-genie
03-15-2017, 02:54 PM
We rarely take vacations in the summer, but I will again be taking a week long genealogy class in June in Pittsburgh. For me that is a holiday!

01lousmith
03-15-2017, 03:14 PM
We have a road trip with the in-laws in Colorado in June (caravan and all). And then i am off to Europe with my two boys (hubby working) to visit my family.
It's tough with both of us from different countries living in a third country! We don't see family very often and it is quite an undertaking with travel, jet-lag and all.

Fairy White
03-15-2017, 04:12 PM
That sounds so cool! What will you be doing. I tried to google it but didn't get very far.
Vicki, here's the explanation of what sor of game it is. ))
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Where_When

We love it a lot and have been playing it for about 10 years already. ))) It's exciting especially when the true team work begins.

Only we don't participate in the TV show, the teams that take part in it belong to the so called Elite Club as it's called in Russian. Our team plays the sports version of the game or the Competitive Game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%3F_Where%3F_When%3F#Competitive_game).

Every year round there are numerous competitions all over the world and one of them is held in Batumi - a seaside town here in Georgia.

Ellen
03-15-2017, 04:25 PM
I'm not going on holiday this summer- we can never get away in summer because of the holiday letting . But for the 3rd time I'm going to try and get away for a day to see the puffins on Staffa

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5630e470e4b07269a3528caf/t/56dda617cf80a1b2c9af484b/1457366561178/puffin-staffa.jpg?format=750w

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 04:29 PM
Vicki, here's the explanation of what sor of game it is. ))
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Where_When

We love it a lot and have been playing it for about 10 years already. ))) It's exciting especially when the true team work begins.

Only we don't participate in the TV show, the teams that take part in it belong to the so called Elite Club as it's called in Russian. Our team plays the sports version of the game or the Competitive Game (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%3F_Where%3F_When%3F#Competitive_game).

Every year round there are numerous competitions all over the world and one of them is held in Batumi - a seaside town here in Georgia.

Wow that is so cool! I had no idea such a thing existed. Thank you for sharing!!!

NancyP
03-15-2017, 04:32 PM
Ohhh, Ellen, I LOVE Puffins!!! Get lots of photos!!!!!

I don't take vacations because its just me and besides I can't afford it!!! Am trying to save my pennies for a trip back east in Sept to attend my 60th highschool reunion.

Fairy White
03-15-2017, 04:35 PM
Wow that is so cool! I had no idea such a thing existed. Thank you for sharing!!!
It's a pity it can only be watched in Russian. They say that a US production company tried to adapt this game and the American version existed for a while but it was short-lived because of poor advertising policy.

Fairy White
03-15-2017, 04:54 PM
Dear O Birthday Fairy!!!
I can't send any PMs yet, so I'd like to thank you here for the lovely present!!! May your Fairy Dust always sparkle brightly lighting up the world around you and this merry Party!
:ballons: :champagne

Why is there no fairy smile? :?

Soco
03-15-2017, 05:22 PM

We're not taking a big vacation because we have several projects going on this year and we have to save money. :D But we'll probably spend some days at the seaside. :)

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 06:56 PM
Ellen! I've never seen a Puffin!!!! How stinkin' cute are those!

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 06:57 PM
It's a pity it can only be watched in Russian. They say that a US production company tried to adapt this game and the American version existed for a while but it was short-lived because of poor advertising policy.

I like the idea of it. It's sad it didn't make it here.

Danesa
03-15-2017, 07:12 PM
It will be late summer or more likely early fall, (when its cooler) I go to Florida to see my youngest daughter and stay at Disney World Resorts for several days.
* Ellen - I love puffins. I like how they bob up and down in the water. So cute.

Rita (Blue Flower Art)
03-15-2017, 07:48 PM
We went to see puffins on the Farne Islands off the England coast. I desperately wanted to photograph them.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/blueflowerart/Other%20-%203/BlueFlowerArt-3_zpsh6td9tyu.jpg

joannebrisebois
03-15-2017, 08:10 PM
We're not really going anywhere for holidays this summer, but my hubby and I are going to take an overnight trip to Dallas for our 20th wedding anniversary at the end of the month. He's never taken a train trip, so we're going to take the train down and back :)

An early Happy Anniversary to you both!! The overnight train trip sounds like a lot of fun.

Save

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 08:24 PM
An early Happy Anniversary to you both!! The overnight train trip sounds like a lot of fun.

Save

Thanks!!!

VickiStegall
03-15-2017, 08:24 PM
We went to see puffins on the Farne Islands off the England coast. I desperately wanted to photograph them.

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/blueflowerart/Other%20-%203/BlueFlowerArt-3_zpsh6td9tyu.jpg

I can totally see why! They are so amazing.

Sheriscraps
03-15-2017, 09:36 PM
I was at Disneyland a few years ago for my birthday. We were in town for a kids event and it just happened to work out perfectly for my bday. Super fun and cool. I went and got a button at the customer center and asked if they wanted to see my ID. They said if I wanted it to be my birthday it could be my birthday. I was like "but it is!"

scrap-genie
03-15-2017, 09:44 PM
Did you know there are three kinds of puffins? We have seen the Atlantic Puffins in Maine. But there is a similar Horned Puffin that we've seen in Alaska as well as the Tufted Puffin. That trip to Alaska was back in 1982 and is still our favorite of all our trips. Here are pictures of the puffins in Alaska (though not ours.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Fratercula_corniculataUSFWSSL0002774.jpg/440px-Fratercula_corniculataUSFWSSL0002774.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Tufted_Puffin_Alaska_%28cropped%29.jpg/500px-Tufted_Puffin_Alaska_%28cropped%29.jpg

01lousmith
03-15-2017, 10:51 PM
I love that second photo! Amazing birds!
Did you know there are three kinds of puffins? We have seen the Atlantic Puffins in Maine. But there is a similar Horned Puffin that we've seen in Alaska as well as the Tufted Puffin. That trip to Alaska was back in 1982 and is still our favorite of all our trips. Here are pictures of the puffins in Alaska (though not ours.)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Fratercula_corniculataUSFWSSL0002774.jpg/440px-Fratercula_corniculataUSFWSSL0002774.jpg https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Tufted_Puffin_Alaska_%28cropped%29.jpg/500px-Tufted_Puffin_Alaska_%28cropped%29.jpg

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:41 PM
Yay !!! Congrats !!! Check your PM....

Thank you so much.. Have been gone the rest of the day!

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:42 PM
congrats!

Thank you Vicki... I really worked for this one!

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:45 PM
Ohhh, Ellen, I LOVE Puffins!!! Get lots of photos!!!!!

I don't take vacations because its just me and besides I can't afford it!!! Am trying to save my pennies for a trip back east in Sept to attend my 60th highschool reunion.

I also would love to travel more, but can't afford to... I use my Alaska Airlines card and get miles to pay for my trips up there... works for me!

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:47 PM
Dear O Birthday Fairy!!!
I can't send any PMs yet, so I'd like to thank you here for the lovely present!!! May your Fairy Dust always sparkle brightly lighting up the world around you and this merry Party!
:ballons: :champagne

Why is there no fairy smile? :?

I have got to go see where you found those cool emoticons!!! I have not seen them before...

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:49 PM
We're not taking a big vacation because we have several projects going on this year and we have to save money. :D But we'll probably spend some days at the seaside. :)

The SEA side is always my favorite place to be... Thanks for the GC sent by the BD fairy.... Liz

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:52 PM

Cool photos... I lived in Alaska for 12 years and never saw a Puffin... or even knew they were there!

easyeyes4you
03-15-2017, 11:56 PM
Sounds very interesting Fairy White...

Here is eh url again if people wanted to see what we are talking about...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%3F_Where%3F_When%3F

Sheriscraps
03-16-2017, 12:57 AM
I need a 52 inspirations blinkie. My old one does not work anymore. Is there a spot to get designer's blinkies for our signatures?

NBK-Design
03-16-2017, 02:14 AM
At my own birthday. When all guest left and then reflect the day and find a piece of my favorite cake.

Fairy White
03-16-2017, 03:52 AM
I have got to go see where you found those cool emoticons!!! I have not seen them before...
If you press the Go Advanced button there is a Smilies Panel on the right and you have to click on [More] and scroll down and voilà! ))))

Fairy White
03-16-2017, 03:57 AM

Wonderful photo!!! Will you paint puffins in watercolours? ;-) Love your paintings - they are a great inspiration for me! (though the nasty Facebook doesn't show all you posts to me :tsk:)

Ellen
03-16-2017, 06:11 AM
all these great photos make me more determined to get there and see them. I never knew that there were tufted and horned ones as well . Thanks for the photos Jean and Rita .

Madi
03-16-2017, 06:34 AM
I spotted a puffin too!

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/1287/medium/party-puffin.jpg (https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=367379&title=party-puffin&cat=1287)

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 06:56 AM
Oh Madi, what a cool party Puffin! All dressed up and ready to have a good time!
I spotted a puffin too!

https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/1287/medium/party-puffin.jpg (https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=367379&title=party-puffin&cat=1287)

Ellen
03-16-2017, 06:56 AM
i just saw him/her in the gallery- so glad it's joined the party.:smile:

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 06:58 AM
The Fairy changed the topic, but to go back to cake, i love when there is leftover cake for a couple of days afterwards! Yummmy!

At my own birthday. When all guest left and then reflect the day and find a piece of my favorite cake.

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 07:01 AM
Hmmm now i understand why it did not work in the US. I get the impression people like dumbed-down programs here (or let's say that it is what's on offer more so i came to the conclusion that it is what people want to watch, i do not want to offend any one with this comment)

Sounds very interesting Fairy White...

Here is eh url again if people wanted to see what we are talking about...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%3F_Where%3F_When%3F

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 07:02 AM
I think i said it in the gallery, but i'll say it too: i love your party dress!

i just saw him/her in the gallery- so glad it's joined the party.:smile:

Ellen
03-16-2017, 07:41 AM
thank you, I don't normally wear red but made an exception for this special party .

seniorgal
03-16-2017, 07:43 AM
Did you know puffins beat their wings rapidly (up to 400 times per minute)?

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 07:43 AM
It goes well with your hair :-D
thank you, I don't normally wear red but made an exception for this special party .

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 07:44 AM
woo that's fast!
Did you know puffins beat their wings rapidly (up to 400 times per minute)?

seniorgal
03-16-2017, 07:44 AM
Our vacations are a trip to the backyard!

Ellen
03-16-2017, 07:47 AM
thank you birthday fairy for the surprise voucher in my mailbox.:first:

Ellen
03-16-2017, 07:48 AM
hey Lou you beat me 2 it.. :smile::smile:

timounette
03-16-2017, 07:52 AM
Congrats Lou !!! You are the #200 winner.
Do you stay awake to win all the prizes ???

timounette
03-16-2017, 07:54 AM
don't know what we are doing this summer. I'll stay in France.
I wish I could visit the "Perigord Noir" and go to Vannes too in Bretagne.

Madi
03-16-2017, 07:57 AM
It is going to be a strange new summer for us. We sold our caravan, after camping 18 years at the same site, near the water!
We still go there to be with family or use our little boat, but no more overnight stays.

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 07:58 AM
Oh sorry!
No, I try to participate first thing in the morning, because once the boys are up it is go-go-go , until naptime (That's when I do the daily challenge).
The youngest one is up now, so better get started on breakfast.
Today is our cleaning day: they "vacuum" the house with rolls of wrapping paper!

Soco
03-16-2017, 07:58 AM
I didn't know puffins, and oh my, they are beautiful!!!

Diane, I love what you made with it!!!

Ellen
03-16-2017, 12:17 PM
No need to say sorry Lou, it's all a game . Enjoy your prize. :smile:
I can just visualize them vacuming.

Oh sorry!
No, I try to participate first thing in the morning, because once the boys are up it is go-go-go , until naptime (That's when I do the daily challenge).
The youngest one is up now, so better get started on breakfast.
Today is our cleaning day: they "vacuum" the house with rolls of wrapping paper!

felis
03-16-2017, 12:43 PM
So you just traveling and take a photo of Puffins, this is so awesome! I'm a little jealous.

Save

scrap-genie
03-16-2017, 12:43 PM
Diane, I love the new O star! Just a wonderful puffin for our party.

I spotted a puffin too!

felis
03-16-2017, 12:50 PM
How fun Lou and Barbara are post in same time Today, 01:44 PM, but Lou was fast, congrats! I guess it was a lucky morning. :whoo:

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 01:09 PM
If you press the Go Advanced button there is a Smilies Panel on the right and you have to click on [More] and scroll down and voilà! ))))

Thanks.. I did see that last night... Will have to use that more... I sometimes can't find anything in the current showing that I like, and for some reason can never make the ones on the bottom work... I also wonder about the meaning of some of them>>>> Like the white flag one... list says it means Israel... I like waving the white flag, but not sure what that has to do with Israel???

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE=easyeyes4you;544297]

On a different side note... Do you have the Bitmoji thing for texting messages on your phone... It is so much fun... You choose from things to create your image, including clothing... then they insert you into all of the cutest poses, that are very current and up to date... for instance... usually there is something new that relates to what is going on someplace in the world on a given day... Changes daily... Love it... it is actually a keyboard you add in the installation process...I think it is just bitmoji.com

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 01:18 PM

Red is a bright happy party color... You should wear it more often!

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 01:19 PM
Our vacations are a trip to the backyard!

Sounds relaxing....

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 01:20 PM
woo that's fast!

Congrats on winning #200 Lou... I was busy sleeping at that time!!!!! but won yesterday ....

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 01:26 PM
No need to say sorry Lou, it's all a game . Enjoy your prize. :smile:
I can just visualize them vacuming.

Yesterday, after the morning posts, I was gone all day... so now I am 2 days behind on daily challenges... Did work till late on the Art Journal thing... Not my personal style... I like much cleaner, not as busy, but I actually Googled to see the actual definition of Art Journal and it said, it is just an artistic way to keep your thoughts on paper... and some of the Pinterest things were right up my alley... so I looked and looked and pinned and pinned on Pinterest, quotes and cute scribbles to add to my page today... then I crashed! We'll see what I end up with later today!!! Really can hardly wait , to get back to it, but have other priorities that have to be taken care of first!

janedee
03-16-2017, 02:03 PM
This year we are going down to Ontario to the family cottage for a month. Our daughter and son in law will be coming up from Georgia to stay for a couple of weeks and, hopefully, our older daughter and her husband will be able to join us for part of the time too.

On a side note, I went out to the Farne Islands to see the puffins too. I absolutely loved that trip!!!

janedee
03-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Here's my favourite puffin photo from that trip.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/janedee/Nature%20Photos/IMG_4336.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/janedee/media/Nature%20Photos/IMG_4336.jpg.html)

Ellen
03-16-2017, 02:41 PM
wow that's a greedy one- well caught on camera

joannebrisebois
03-16-2017, 04:00 PM
Now I'm going to keep bumping this thread to see more puffins lol.

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 04:26 PM
This year we are going down to Ontario to the family cottage for a month. Our daughter and son in law will be coming up from Georgia to stay for a couple of weeks and, hopefully, our older daughter and her husband will be able to join us for part of the time too.

On a side note, I went out to the Farne Islands to see the puffins too. I absolutely loved that trip!!!

You are Canadian? I had family in Owen Sound, but sadly all have passed even the ones my age and younger...sad! Never made it there, although we were invited... Being on the west side of this continent, I have traveled through Canada to Alaska over here...

janedee
03-16-2017, 04:30 PM
You are Canadian? I had family in Owen Sound, but sadly all have passed even the ones my age and younger...sad! Never made it there, although we were invited... Being on the west side of this continent, I have traveled through Canada to Alaska over here...

Yes, although we actually live in the west, in BC. My dh is from Ontario so we go back to visit his family.

That is really sad that you didn't get a chance to meet up with your Canadian side of the family.

VickiStegall
03-16-2017, 04:39 PM
I need a 52 inspirations blinkie. My old one does not work anymore. Is there a spot to get designer's blinkies for our signatures?

We have some Oscraps blinkies here:

https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219

We need to get some new ones!!!!

And, I don't even have a 52 Inspirations blinkie - We need one!!!

VickiStegall
03-16-2017, 04:39 PM
Now I'm going to keep bumping this thread to see more puffins lol.

I know, right!!!

who knew!

VickiStegall
03-16-2017, 04:45 PM
I was just looking through the blinkies thread to see if there were any other blinkies and came across another blast from the past from 2006....

Look how cute he was! We had a scavenger hunt, I think for Halloween where he dropped treats all over the site.

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/images/D/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-16%20at%204.42.45%20PM.png

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 04:48 PM
Yes, although we actually live in the west, in BC. My dh is from Ontario so we go back to visit his family.

That is really sad that you didn't get a chance to meet up with your Canadian side of the family.

Well they actually came west when my youngest son was little and we had a lovely time... My husband occasionally trucked up to their part of the world and we really wanted to go there... They had a boy and a girl the same ages as my sister and me... and both died long before the parents, who were VERY special to my Mom... I don't know what they died of.. neither married... all very strange and leaves a hole in my heart for sure... My Mom and my aunt stayed in constant touch...

BC makes more sense to my brain for you.. We have talked before on chats....

would love to come visit your famous gardens .. never have and I lived 35 years in Washington State...

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 04:49 PM
I was just looking through the blinkies thread to see if there were any other blinkies and came across another blast from the past from 2006....

Look how cute he was! We had a scavenger hunt, I think for Halloween where he dropped treats all over the site.

http://www.oscraps.com/shop/images/D/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-16%20at%204.42.45%20PM.png

Adorable little son photo...

I barely know what a Blinkie is... I know they blink, but have never looked for one or tired to use one...

VickiStegall
03-16-2017, 05:04 PM
OK, can you ask some Cherry Os, please, I'm the worst person to explain with my poor english.
What I can to generalize is
Birthday events 3 chance to win:
~complete all 11 challenges for chance to win one of three Birthday Event Prizes
~complete the daily challenge at the time which is announced for it and be in drawing for $5 coupon
~play into the games for chance to win additional prizes

At same time but in completely different category are also March Challenges
~complete 3 challenges get a 10% off coupon
~complete 6 challenges get a 25% off coupon.

Your English is just fine! You've got it :)

Sheriscraps
03-16-2017, 08:29 PM
Here's my favourite puffin photo from that trip.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/janedee/Nature%20Photos/IMG_4336.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/janedee/media/Nature%20Photos/IMG_4336.jpg.html)

What's in the puffin's mouth? Dinner? squid?

scrap-genie
03-16-2017, 09:01 PM
When puffins are feeding young, they accumulate many fish in their bills (even more than this one) to take back to their nest site. The pictures I've seen are amazing.

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 09:03 PM

Very much I agree!

Sheriscraps
03-16-2017, 09:54 PM
When puffins are feeding young, they accumulate many fish in their bills (even more than this one) to take back to their nest site. The pictures I've seen are amazing.

We are getting puffin lessons. Love it.

felis
03-16-2017, 10:51 PM
Good morning, everyone! And happy Saint Patrick's Day day to everyone who celebrate it!
It's not popular in my country, but like a person with favorite author and actor Irish I feel it festive. :tea::party:

01lousmith
03-16-2017, 11:13 PM
Good night Felis! Enjoy St Patrick's day! Hope you have a lucky day

easyeyes4you
03-16-2017, 11:47 PM
We are getting puffin lessons. Love it.

The Puffin conversation has indeed been very popular and enlightening and colorful... All new to me!

Sheriscraps
03-17-2017, 12:04 AM
I think I'm rocking a new blinkie. Glad I started the conversation. Let me know when someone creates a 52 Inspirations blinkie so I can add that one too!! :-)

felis
03-17-2017, 12:31 AM
I think I'm rocking a new blinkie. Glad I started the conversation. Let me know when someone creates a 52 Inspirations blinkie so I can add that one too!! :-)
Sheriscraps, do you make a weekly 52 Inspirations project or only the monthly challenges?!
Save

felis
03-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Good night Felis! Enjoy St Patrick's day! Hope you have a lucky day
Sleep well, Lou!
I plan to take a lazy weekend, so I'm awake early to finish some things. I don't have big plans for St Patrick's day, except maybe chat with friends who celebrate it and maybe Irish Coffee at the afternoon (But fake one, because I don't drink). Oh and a scrap of course :)!

felis
03-17-2017, 12:49 AM
HaHa, in my country we have an expression: "spoke it enough to sue out a drubbing". :fencing:
But I really hope that I was helpful!
Save

Sheriscraps
03-17-2017, 12:51 AM
Sheriscraps, do you make a weekly 52 Inspirations project or only the monthly challenges?!
Save

I have subscribed the last three years but I am working on my Master's right now. SO,... I have not been scrapping. Just collecting 52 kits. LOL

felis
03-17-2017, 12:55 AM
I have subscribed the last three years but I am working on my Master's right now. SO,... I have not been scrapping. Just collecting 52 kits. LOL
:( I make the weekly project but all other enthusiast are in FB, where I'm not, so I'm a little alone here.
Save

felis
03-17-2017, 12:56 AM
Master's degree in what?!

easyeyes4you
03-17-2017, 01:04 AM
Sleep well, Lou!
I plan to take a lazy weekend, so I'm awake early to finish some things. I don't have big plans for St Patrick's day, except maybe chat with friends who celebrate it and maybe Irish Coffee at the afternoon (But fake one, because I don't drink). Oh and a scrap of course :)!

I bought a lovely corned beef brisket and some cabbage, , carrots and potatoes and planned to invite a girl friend over to share... turns out she does like corned beef!!! I mean , What is ST Paddies day without Corned beef??? Now I don't know what I'll do... Made a huge pot of soup today... so perhaps the corned beef will wait till next week? But then I have a blue Apron shipment arriving on Sat... WAY too much food for only one person!!!!

nightshadow
03-17-2017, 01:08 AM
We don't like Corned beef so I make a Shepherd's pie, which is more authentically Irish. To me, Corned beef is a German dish...I wonder how it ever became associated with St. Patrick's Day and the Irish?

... What is ST Paddies day without Corned beef??? Now I don't know what I'll do... Made a huge pot of soup today... so perhaps the corned beef will wait till next week? But then I have a blue Apron shipment arriving on Sat... WAY too much food for only one person!!!!

felis
03-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Umm, I'm vegetarian, so soup sounds better to me. We have to eat green things on St. Patrick I guess so what about a salad. Or and green apple pie.

felis
03-17-2017, 01:10 AM
I'm win prize for this thread so only chat. It's your turn ladies.

nightshadow
Sure, salad would work. :)

easyeyes4you
We don't like Corned beef so I make a Shepherd's pie, which is more authentically Irish. To me, Corned beef is a German dish...I wonder how it ever became associated with St. Patrick's Day and the Irish?

No idea... just know I like it!