PDA

View Full Version : 11th Birthday Day One - Introduce Yourself Game

petey111
03-09-2017, 09:28 PM
https://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/data/1383/11th-Birthday-Game-Header.jpg

Hi everyone!!! I'm Sara, also known as Petey111.

Welcome to Oscraps fantabulous eleventh birthday celebration!! This place has been a part of my life for almost eleven years (Chris (Faerywings) definitely has me beat though)! And I can't tell you how excited I am to celebrate this wonderful place with you guys. We have a whole lot of fun things planned for the celebration and, of course, there are prizes to be given away! I'm willing to bet there will even be a visit (or two) by the Birthday Fairy!

To kick things off, Astrid is having an avatar challenge. Head on over there and check it out! (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34488)

I want to know a little bit more about you guys. But of course, we have to have a "twist" on our introductions! Something about your introduction has to do with the word ELEVEN or rhyme with the word ELEVEN. :-)

I'll kick it off by giving you three things about me that go with "ELEVEN". First up, my son is 11-years-old. He is the primary satellite of my life and I'm so blessed to have him. He was born SEVEN weeks early and we were so lucky that both him and I made it through without any lasting difficulties. I live in the midwest, almost in the middle of the US. We live in a small neighborhood that backs up to a lake. We can go about three blocks in either direction and get on the walking trail down to the lake. It is one of my favorite places and is my own little bit of "HEAVEN".

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Sh6X5Eh58ez7NIsDBUNYC0wJwBFYz0yIQ2zXr_N1cmGdHN7TJO 7-5l9A_lycq-MRqkOAzzMImcn1mmQFNbNelNKsQ4wTLoMZSpg-Oo1FO_zMKC2-vpOip0CNhrHBKSUe2j8vkC6gHaEYBZg2DaKeL5Kvc5pLmTzYMZ hMjlggFnuLgg5Y5R2XVuErzh7VLLYPQ7hlCxQPHMYdDu44FCJM kU7jwHh69pitWQBXn-RHzifxmjgm_kIJoxv5uW_JwMI56UDor8yRsRMcbPxJILl4I6sJ YCnKx8trIfFmGwDPPnzaimZWljUR0K164UA0qDnMDzfOFepdHm EDCQ2cdZdvkAAMULHHf4VxD6wyBbCGa6CVWYIx_iwr9lna6z2W KqTrg2IHnfAbH_LoZE9gT4j4IncUHjMmkRLpjcJ1yUEmICp_zB fqIN068rk5eiN_ka8OhSwR3E87wwxhHfU0qWf21gDUDL4y7gkq BuZmXrShSh2E-wJ80qd7hFJ-5Me4kr9Pdec9YMywhrsV27EJ6yr3sg6KxDgpbVzw9FzRfmB30V kpKaDtgpcMYeuwqIrpx0u9BhIeoTfJSUl4Ma71goIuP1Xi8Neq p4VlTln2PF_v8UeswHFsQyMsXK-LTLNjOa0pAWM4BzvpZt9oiHNZYunIh79VsS1btjwNeEQiBbtU0 A=w600-h447-no

Now it's your turn! Tell me all about you and welcome to the party!!!

felis
03-09-2017, 11:57 PM
Ok let see three things about me that go with "ELEVEN":
I'm born in November which is the ELEVENTH and penultimate month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars.
EVEN when I lived in another town I called to my family every day, we had one of this free family plans that phone company offers.
LEVA is the basic monetary unit of my country, you need approximately 9 leva to can buy one full scrapbook kit, but now they are on sale.

:bday Happy 11 Birthday Oscraps!Save

Adryane
03-10-2017, 12:03 AM
One of my favorite memories of my grandfather is a story about the number 11.
When we were small, he'd tell us that he had 11 fingers. He'd hold up his right hand and starting with his little finger count down 10-9-8-7-6 ... then he'd hold up his left hand and say 6 + 5 is 11! I am sure by the time we were eleven, we understood the humor but we all continued to smile when he told us about his 11 fingers.

Osli
03-10-2017, 01:28 AM
So, my little son will turn to eleven on 11th of July in this year.
My biggest son born in November, the 11th month of the year.
When I was eleven, I lived in a little village, in the 11. Liliom (Lily) Street
And... eleven: if it is a Hungarian word, it means: lively, alive...

Madi
03-10-2017, 03:04 AM
the word ELEVEN

not that I look at it, it has the Dutch word LEVEN that means live/life with an E in front. All things that change seem to have an E these days, email, ereader etc.
so I guess that means I live my E-life here at Oscraps!
Now that I type it, it also explains why I Always have to think extra hard to know when to type live or life, in Dutch it is the same: leven.

AnikA68
03-10-2017, 04:20 AM
When we were small, he'd tell us that he had 11 fingers. He'd hold up his right hand and starting with his little finger count down 10-9-8-7-6 ... then he'd hold up his left hand and say 6 + 5 is 11! I am sure by the time we were eleven, we understood the humor but we all continued to smile when he told us about his 11 fingers.

My dad always made this with my children :grin:

Let see what is my relation to eleven:

I was born in November the eleventh month of the year. My mom too. I was born one day before her birthday and the midwife told her to wait one more day, because it would be fun we have both birthday on the same day. You can imagine how my mother looked at her during her labours :jaw:

In Germany (perhaps all over europe or the world??) starts the carnival on 11/11 at 11:11 am

NancyP
03-10-2017, 04:41 AM
Eleven is kinda a quiet number for me. But the two events that I think of are both very special. My grandson, Bobby (now 34) was born in November and he is a GEM!!! Love him to pieces.
My granddaughter, whom I pretty much raised for 5 years, is now 11. Wow! where do the years go. I am very close to her.
Oh----the age difference between 34 and 11 ??? From different children. Bobby belongs to my oldest and Jameson belongs to my youngest.
I was born in PA, raised in CT and now live in MI ----- you know, the state where we have only two seasons??? Winter and Springsummerfall !!!!
I love where I live because we are so out in the boonies. Its a three hour drive to the nearest big city. No hussle and bussle; no traffic snarls; pretty much non existent crime. LOVE IT!!!!!

Madi
03-10-2017, 05:07 AM
The number 11 in Dutch is spelled ELF,
And the Dutch word elf also means fairy!
And I know we have a very special fairy here at the O!

AnikA68
03-10-2017, 05:34 AM
The number 11 in Dutch is spelled ELF

yes you are right, like in german too

faerywings
03-10-2017, 05:57 AM
One of my favorite memories of my grandfather is a story about the number 11.
Too funny! My grandpa did the same!
He and his brother also tricked us into thinking they owned race horses, -Dynamite, Lickety Split oh jeez, there was one other, he was the slow one that never won a race... I am going to have to ask my brother, he remembers everything.
Makes me wonder what kinds of tricks I am going to pull on my g-kids. Although my kids swear they only want fur-kids.

faerywings
03-10-2017, 06:01 AM
OK-- here is my intro:
Yes, I have been a member at Oscraps for ELEVEN years. Times flies!
Christopher, my godson whom I adore, was born in 2011. Again-- time flies. I love that kid and wish I could spend all of the time with him.
My idea of HEAVEN is being down the shore, with the sun and sand and ocean.
I don't think that I have ever dated a guy named KEVIN. :DSave

faerywings
03-10-2017, 06:03 AM
The number 11 in Dutch is spelled ELF,
And the Dutch word elf also means fairy!
And I know we have a very special fairy here at the O!
Is it me??? :bounce:

Oh. Of course not.

But you mean the Birthday O'Fairy and she is pretty darn special too!

faerywings
03-10-2017, 06:05 AM
Astrid- I see that you have the "Eleven Fingers" trick in your family too.

NancyP- 11 might be a quiet number for you, but I bet those g-kids make up for it.

helenedubois
03-10-2017, 06:12 AM
My husband and I are both born in November, the 11th month. Our daughter was also born in November as well as three of our grandchildren. It is insane right before Christmas to have all those gifts to purchase. Also,our youngest grandchild is 11 years old.

seniorgal
03-10-2017, 06:39 AM
I learned how to digiscrap by taking a class here
at Oscraps ELEVEN (minus one) years ago.

I was just past ELEVEN when I got my first horse.

I was way past ELEVEN +ELEVEN when I got married.

I was ELEVEN X 3 when I had my first child.

I like Oscraps more than I like WATERMELON

Oscraps has really made an IMPRESSION

It is a SPECIAL SESSION of my day

It lets me do some SELF-EXPRESSION

It would help me get over NEUROTIC DEPRESSION (if I had any):drama:

lynnpremo
03-10-2017, 06:49 AM
Sitting here trying very hard to think of special 11's for me...
grandchildren...nope 13
pets...can't remember them all so it's probably more
fingers...maybe my grandfather but I didn't inherit that
ahhhh, my husband and I married in 2011 :~)) and the third time is the charm!

beckturn
03-10-2017, 07:08 AM
One grandson who is 2, not ELEVEN or even SEVEN. One daughter who will be 31 this month, but not on the ELEVENth.
But my Dad would have been 94 on March Eleventh.
And I had my tonsils out when I was ELEVEN.

mary-lynne
03-10-2017, 07:13 AM
So fun to read all the intros!!!!

I am 6 X 11 years old and retired!

I live in Nebraska, which is a little like Heaven (except for the weather!)

When I was 11, we moved to Puerto Rico for 7 years...fun place to grow up!

Spent 11 years in a Catholic Schools but graduated after just one year in public schools.

I have been digital scrapping for about 11 years...paper for several years before that. I pretty new to Oscraps tho!

Two Grand-Daughters...2 and 20 ...none even close to 11!!!!

Ellen
03-10-2017, 07:16 AM
Carnaval in the Netherlands starts at the 11 of the 11th at 11 minutes past 11 -

Our extended family- my dad -his 6 children plus partners - their children and partners and their children comes to 55 people. Funny enough only 1 of those was born in November -the 11th month

petey111
03-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Holy cow you ladies got busy while I was sleeping!! I'm so excited to learn all these fun things about you. I'm going to have to type a separate post just to reply to everyone.

And I can't believe I forgot to add that my son was born in November too! There are a lot of November birthdays on here!!

I have a very important paper to send off this morning, so I'll be back in a little while to follow up on some of these!

Gerli
03-10-2017, 08:22 AM
In a few years I have been a member for 11 yrs.
My dgd will be 11 in 2 yrs.
I was 11 62 years back - and I don't remember one single thing.
I'll enjoy the party and try to do 11 challenges - and that is all I got to say about 11 ;)

Sexy__Eyes
03-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Hi I am Liz and I am writing this on the day before March 11th. I have been scrapbooking for 9 or so years. I live with my DH John. Together, we have 6 children (grown) and 1 grandson.

jazzmom
03-10-2017, 08:43 AM
To introduce myself, I am Pam from San Diego in southern California. I have not been digi-scrapping very long (about 3 years) but I have paper scrapped for many before that. Now on to the "11" challenge...
Oh my ... something about 11 or rhymes with 11? what would I have to share about that? this took some thinking (LOL!)!!
well ... my oldest was born when I was 3×11; she is now 28 (4×7). my second child was born in November (the 11th month). (my youngest son didn't fit into the "11" scheme) ... I have 2 step-children; the oldest has our only grandchild who was born in 2011 -- her dad's name is Kevin. my stepson was born on Sept 5 (9+5=2×7)... and my dad just passed away last year on Veteran's Day (11/11) & I know he is in heaven watching over my mom & the rest of his family.
Happy 11th birthday, OScraps!!

Madi
03-10-2017, 09:11 AM
Help! Taggers on the loose here at the O. Need clean up at aisle 11 !

Danesa
03-10-2017, 09:34 AM
I have had a lot of fun reading all the comments up to here. I never knew 11 was so popular. :)

Number 11 was my jersey number for 11 years while playing competitive co-ed softball. (I think I had just shy of 11 broken bones & torn ligaments, at the end of my career. haha)
My first daughter, Tiffany, was born in November, the 11th month, on 2x11 (22nd).
My youngest daughter, Amy, was born when I was 3x11.
I fell in love, for the first time, when I was 11, with Mr. J, my 6th grade teacher.
I have lived in North Carolina for 11 years.

01lousmith
03-10-2017, 09:56 AM
Oh that is a tricky one...
I have two children, that is an even number, They are 1 and 3, which are not even numbers!
The oldest was born on the eleven-th.
I have been with my husband for twelve years which is one more than eleven!

EHStudios
03-10-2017, 10:17 AM
At 11:11 I finished downloading my Oscraps Birthday shopping items so I'll soon be in scrapping HEAVEN!

That's about as creative with Eleven & Rhyming I can be at the moment since I'm technically at work & should be getting our lunch made soon. On an empty stomach I'm not so original! HA!

Two puppies now since the last time I was active here, & it's coming up on his 1 year puppy adoption date & Charlie's 6th birthday. So dogs! No husband/kids currently.

mcurtt
03-10-2017, 10:19 AM
My name is Marilyn and there is not a whole lot of eleven going on, or seven for that matter... No marriages or births in either July or November.

Hey, I figured one out, I've been digi-scrapping for 11 years! I got married when I was 11x2-2. I've been married for 11x4-2 years, still to the same person. No kids, had pets thru-out our married life instead.

Happy birthday to Oscraps!

Dady
03-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Hello I am Géraldine, my cat Nuage will be 11 years old in 5 years.
I lived in the Paris region a villa which wore No.11:dance:

scrapinmom
03-10-2017, 10:26 AM
Hi I am Sharon and I live in New Orleans, LA
I became an "O" on the 11th day of January this year! Woot

My mother and my brother were born in November, the ELEVENTH month of the year. They were born two days apart, so if you were counting on your fingers if would look like this:clap2:

My youngest was born when I was ELEVEN x 3

My oldest graduated high school in two thousand and SEVEN and college in two thousand and ELEVEN

On a sad note, in ELEVEN days, my rescue dog Lyta has her first hearworm treatment.

We rescued our cat Prego in two thousand and SEVEN. He turns ELEVEN - 1 this year

I have been digi scrapping for SEVEN years (paper much longer than that)

bcgal00
03-10-2017, 11:09 AM
I believe its been 11 years since I started scrapbooking, first as a traditional paper scrapper and then switched over to digi.

11 to me means my pant size right now. I'm in between a 10 and a 12 and hope to get down really comfortably into the 10. This old body will be happy for that. :) My keto diet is working wonders for me. It's not for everyone, no diet is, but this is good for me.

SharLamb
03-10-2017, 12:25 PM
I was born on September 11 plus 1
I have 11 plus 2 grandchildren
I have been making digital art for 11 minus 1 years
I am in heaven when I'm on a pretty golf course in Arizona, OR making digital art.

We have a variation of the 11 fingers game. We have the child count, and we say the word SEVEN after each time they count a finger. So it sounds like
7....etc.
When we get to the 6th finger and say 7 after they've said 6, they invariably skip COUNTING the 7th finger, so there ends up seeming to be 11 fingers. You have to try it...very hard to explain. Maybe there's a youtube video!
HAH...There IS a video (although he uses the number 8 instead of 7): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf7LlL-XZSQ

scrap-genie
03-10-2017, 01:41 PM
I have been in online digi-scrapping for 11 years (come July).
I received my credential of Certified Genealogist on the 11th day of November, the 11th month, in 2005 and renewed for that date in 2010 and 2015.
My DH and I have 11 living nephews and nieces.

VickiStegall
03-10-2017, 01:46 PM
You all are so clever!!! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every one of these responses. It's so fun to learn the meaning in other languages and I love that this particulary birthday for Oscraps means live/life as I'm all about being thankful to be living this life!

But, the whole time I was reading these, I was sitting here thinking, I've got nothing for 11.... birthdays - nope, anniversaries - nope, addresses - nope... hmmm...

Oh wait a minute!!!!

I started this incredible journey and site 11 years ago!!!!!!

phew! how awesome is that lol

What a dork I am sometimes...

now, for rhyming.... My idea of heaven is the fact that Oscraps has been around and going strong for 11 years!!!! holy wow!

My other idea of heaven would be 11 days (weeks, months even) spent laying on a beach with a good book and a margarita :)

taxed4ever
03-10-2017, 02:40 PM
Now that is Heaven Vicki!!

petey111
03-10-2017, 04:57 PM
Oh my goodness. I have so much to catch up on. The zoo took us quite awhile. We are now home and trying to thaw out since it was 25 deegrees out! We got some Butterbeer steamers which is helping! :-)

Felis - There are so many November birthdays! It's sort of crazy! That is so great that you call your family everyday!!

Adryane - That is a funny story! I had to say it to myself when I was reading it!

Osli - More November birthdays! That is a lot of fun!! I love that you are all teaching me new words too!!

Diane - I can understand the mental block it causes! Again, I'm so excited to learn new words!

AnikA, I can't imagine the things your mom wanted to say about the suggestion to wait!! LOL We don't have a carnival on 11/11, we have Veteran's Day, which celebrates all the former military members in our society. We also always say to make a wish if you catch the clock at 11:11!

Nancy - That is a big gap for grandchildren!! I bet it's kind of fun though. We have a dream of living out in the boonies. But with really good internet. LOL

Chris - My first kiss was with a boy named Kevin!! (One of those "what were you thinking" moments!)

Helene - We have a bunch of birthdays in those months too! It gets crazy! And expensive.

Barbara - You are a rhyming fool!!!

Lynn - That makes a pretty special 11 for you!! :-)

Beckturn - It still sounds like you've got a lot of special stuff going on, even though not all of them are elevens. :-)

Yay Mary Lynne - My new friend IRL!! She recognized my tree!! I would love to hear about Puerto Rico. And I'm curious now what Catholic school you went to. It's a pretty small Catholic school world in our neck of the woods!! LOL

Ellen - I think I need to come party with some of you guys!!! Carnival sounds fun!

Gerli - I think it would be awesome to see you do 11 challenges!! I'll be watching for them!

Oh Liz - I didn't even think about tomorrow being the 11th! I should have brought up our 11 intro tomorrow! LOL

Pam - I'm impressed!! You did a super good job of coming up with "ELEVEN" things!!

Danesa - You had some good ones in your intro! We never had any male teachers that were up to "falling in love status". That makes me giggle.

01lousmith - You got creative for yours. Congrats on 12 years!!

Elisa - How many things did you get?? Way more than ELEVEN??!! LOL

Hi Marilyn - I have to admit, there is a lot of math in your intro. HA! I had to think through yours!

Géraldine - I do have Paris on my bucket list. I wish we were more world travelers!!!

Hi Sharon!! I love the emoji! I maybe to steal that for this week. I love that you have rescues. That's awesome!

Rae - Good luck! I wish I had your determination!

Sharoon - That's a funny trick too!! It makes me think of the sandbox joke. You start with "I one the sandbox." Get the other person to say, "I two the sandbox." And so on. You want to make sure to be the one to start because when you get to eight...they say, "I eight the sandbox." And then you get to say, "YOU ATE THE SANDBOX?! GROSS!" LOL

Jean - That is awesome that you are a certified genealogist!! I didn't get genealogy when I was younger, but I definitely do now!!

Aw man Mama O - You read my mind on heaven!! I have a friend who has been spending every day in Cabo for the past week. And I am soooo jealous!!

Ok. Whew!! I'm caught up. That was a lot of intros!! Good think I don't have a zoo trip planned tomorrow, I'd never be caught up!!

hoodsmom
03-10-2017, 06:00 PM
Too easy (and I'm lazy). I joined Oscraps four years ago when you celebrated Birthday SEVEN.

ptabbert
03-10-2017, 06:29 PM
Not a lot of elevens for me (now tens would be a different animal entirely) but our son-in-law and my mother-in-law were both born in November (the eleventh month) although neither was born on the 11th. And I do love Thanksgiving which we celebrate in November here in the US.

jodegaard
03-10-2017, 06:46 PM
My name is Jodie, aka "jodegaard." Haven't been around the O for very long but am having a blast. Couldn't help but looking up the etymology of the word Eleven:
The word derives from the Old English endleofan, which means “one left,” as in “one left over ten.”
This literal sense is found in the colloquial expression “the eleventh hour,” which is used to talk about doing something at the last possible moment. For example, “In the eleventh hour, Sophie switched the caterer and invited ten more people to the wedding.”
It’s believed that the expression originally referenced the bible, Matthew 20:1-16. In the parable, laborers were hired at the eleventh hour of a twelve-hour workday. But they received the same wage as workers who began during the first hour. Do I have a character limit here? Anyhoo, my relationship with the number eleven is 1) I learned to look at the clock - a lot. Every night I manage to look at the clock at 11:11, and then I tell my hubby what time it is. Even though he loves me, I think he sees me as a bit quirky. (true) 2) eleven years ago (2006) I was teaching computer lessons to folks all over the world who worked at the UN (Manhattan) and in various embassies; and 3) I retired at 62 in 2011!

zlemon
03-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Okay, since this is all about 11, I'll share a never revealed secret. (Well, unless I have to.) I have 11 toes, makes it very difficult to wear sandals in the summer!

Hahahaha! Got ya! Nope, I don't. I just couldn't think of anything 11 related!

taxed4ever
03-10-2017, 06:53 PM
Hii everyone... not too many Elevens for me, but I am the youngest of Seven which rhymes with Eleven. My father was born in November the 11th month. I started digi scrapping Eleven years ago but did not find the O until 3 years later. Here is hoping that the "O" is still going strong in Eleven year from now! :love:

O Birthday Fairy
03-10-2017, 06:58 PM
Well I have a few things related to Eleven !! I have been the Birthday Fairy for Eleven years now, maybe not always at the Parties but here just the same! Now I think I need to hand out a prize or two what do you think?

O Birthday Fairy
03-10-2017, 07:09 PM
Jazzmom and Mary-lynne check your Private Message Box!!

petey111
03-10-2017, 08:19 PM

Well, that was just mean!! I was feeling very sorry for you for a moment and also have a flashback to Friends. Where Ross was dating the girl with the extra toe and he was doing the "This little piggy went to market..." And he got to the end and said, "Aaaannnnd this little piggy...I don't know what this piggy did!!!"

:rofl:

petey111
03-10-2017, 08:19 PM
Too easy (and I'm lazy). I joined Oscraps four years ago when you celebrated Birthday SEVEN.

I like easy and lazy. That about sums up my day today!!! HA!

petey111
03-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Not a lot of elevens for me (now tens would be a different animal entirely) but our son-in-law and my mother-in-law were both born in November (the eleventh month) although neither was born on the 11th. And I do love Thanksgiving which we celebrate in November here in the US.

I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorites too. There doesn't seem to be as much pressure!

petey111
03-10-2017, 08:24 PM
I learned to look at the clock - a lot. Every night I manage to look at the clock at 11:11, and then I tell my hubby what time it is. Even though he loves me, I think he sees me as a bit quirky.

I used to do this all the time too. I don't know why I don't. Maybe because my job has worn me out the last two years and I don't make it to 11:11! LOL

petey111
03-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Here is hoping that the "O" is still going strong in Eleven year from now! :love:

Hear! Hear!!!

petey111
03-10-2017, 08:25 PM
Well I have a few things related to Eleven !! I have been the Birthday Fairy for Eleven years now, maybe not always at the Parties but here just the same! Now I think I need to hand out a prize or two what do you think?

Birthday O'Fairy - You are the BEST!!

nightshadow
03-11-2017, 01:03 AM
Initially I couldn't think of anything with the number ELEVEN which related to me, but after reading the responses here, I thought seniorgal's idea (https://ozone.oscraps.com/forum/showpost.php?p=542396&postcount=15) of multiplying Eleven was sheer genius. So here goes:

I was ELEVEN X 3 plus 1 when I married my husband (This isn't my first marriage, but that's a story for another time.).
In May of 2017 we'll have been married for ELEVEN x 4 minus 4 years.
My husband's middle name is KEVAN which is an alternate spelling of KEVIN which rhymes with ELEVEN.
Both of my husband's parents were born in November, the ELEVENth month.
I live in SouthWest Florida which to many people is their idea of HEAVEN, but not mine because I don't like the heat.
:peace:

easyeyes4you
03-11-2017, 01:11 AM
Hi... I am Liz and I have lived in Redding, Ca since 1990... only a short stop I thought..!. Born and raised in Spokane, moved to Alaska where I ended up leaving behind 2 kids... Started scrapping in 1997, the year my husband died, and switched to Digi around 2005.... I forget when I discovered Oscraps... but Anna is the reason... she disappeared from the site where I followed her and I had to Google to find her! Been here ever since... so now to the elevens... Well out here on Friday night in the PST time zone, the clock on my computer is just switching to 11:11 PM. My oldest son who lives in Alaska has a Birthday tomorrow, which is March 11, My grandson Rowan turns 11 on Sept. 11 this year, and my only great grandson just turned 11.... Good night all! I am off to see what the avatar Challenge is all about!

easyeyes4you
03-11-2017, 01:16 AM

Oh O Birthday Fairy... You have such a pretty Avatar....:peace:

ritacica
03-11-2017, 04:59 AM
My youngest son was born on 11 November. :rockon:
In 2011, I registered here :love:

faerywings
03-11-2017, 06:00 AM
Okay, since this is all about 11, I'll share a never reveal secret. (Well, unless I have to.) I have 11 toes, makes it very difficult to wear sandals in the summer!

I did try to think of your feet in sandals!

faerywings
03-11-2017, 06:03 AM
I am cracking up at so many of you and am in awe of your creativity with this.

*waving hi to Birthday O'Fairy!* You look wonderful as always, sweetheart!
I see you are already very busy sprinkling your fairy dust and coupons!

petey111
03-11-2017, 07:20 AM
Elaina - I think I might agree with you on living in south Florida. A vacation there is nice, but I'm not sure I'd always want to live there!

Liz - (First of all, I don't know that I ever knew your real name before even though you've been around awhile! Now if only I can remember it!) You have a lot of 11s in your life! How is it in Redding? My in laws have been temporarily relocated in LA for the several years and though we went to see them, I really want to go up to northern California because I know it's so different than southern. I want to actually just drive all the way up the west coast.

Rita - It seems like you've always been a part of the O!! :-)

Have a great day everyone! I'll be watching out for more introductions!!

chai
03-11-2017, 08:41 AM
There aren't that many words that rhyme with 11 and I don't have any major 11s in my life. So.

My beautiful dd was born on Feb SEVEN 18 years ago. She is my little bit of HEAVEN.

The number 11 reminds me of ski poles. When we moved to Colorado, we decided that we needed to learn to ski. I was OLD and had never skied before... and I am afraid of heights. So, we bought all the gear and an annual ski pass and went off to our first lesson at Breckenridge. By the end of the day, I was sore, exhausted and in tears. If we hadn't bought everything, we would never have gone back. But we did. The third time we skied, I went down a long green run at Keystone. It took me an hour and there were several places when I stopped until I could get the nerve to go down. But I did. After that, things got better (well, I got better) and we all LOVED to ski. And I even got up the courage to go down a Black run. So thats my 11 story.

ritacica
03-11-2017, 08:44 AM
Yeah, I love the Oscraps :hug: I always come back... :preggers:

Elaina - I think I might agree with you on living in south Florida. A vacation there is nice, but I'm not sure I'd always want to live there!

Liz - (First of all, I don't know that I ever knew your real name before even though you've been around awhile! Now if only I can remember it!) You have a lot of 11s in your life! How is it in Redding? My in laws have been temporarily relocated in LA for the several years and though we went to see them, I really want to go up to northern California because I know it's so different than southern. I want to actually just drive all the way up the west coast.

Rita - It seems like you've always been a part of the O!! :-)

Have a great day everyone! I'll be watching out for more introductions!!

GGGarden
03-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Hi. I'm Rose and I live in Southern California. I joined Oscraps in 2016 which is 20ELEVEN + five! I lurked for several years before actually posting last year. When I'm not scrapping you can find me in my garden, which is HEAVEN to me.

P'tiscrap
03-11-2017, 05:06 PM
Hi every one,
I discovered digiscrap in 2011, december. It was a big, huge revelation. Since I am a scrap addict and I am very happy

petey111
03-11-2017, 07:00 PM
Hi Rose! Glad to see you no longer lurk! :-)

And P'tiscrap, I can totally relate!!! LOL

zanthia
03-11-2017, 11:37 PM
eleven is the magic number -- lets see

well today is the eleventh.

heres a big one - cooper is eleven years old, in seven day no longer eleven

eleven challenges here - sure hope i can complete them

petey111
03-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Zanthia - I hope you do complete the challenges! They are going to be a lot of fun!

krizomel
03-12-2017, 12:37 PM
errrr... recently I watched and liked 'Stranger things', a show with a girl called 'Eleven'.

....good enough ??

veer
03-12-2017, 12:46 PM
Hi you girls i am Vera aka Veer and i went to Bruges and Ghent this weekend. To do a workshop night photography and the weather was just perfect this !
I haven't seen any photo's because i came back yesterday (late) at the eleventh :bounce:
So i missed the start of this wonderful birthday party and i have a lot to catch up !

jazzmom
03-12-2017, 01:17 PM
Thank you so much, O Birthday Fairy!! You've made my day!:-D

faerywings
03-13-2017, 07:10 AM
errrr... recently I watched and liked 'Stranger things', a show with a girl called 'Eleven'.

....good enough ??

I think that is great! Eleven is awesome!

faerywings
03-13-2017, 07:12 AM
Hi. I'm Rose and I live in Southern California. I joined Oscraps in 2016 which is 20ELEVEN + five! I lurked for several years before actually posting last year. When I'm not scrapping you can find me in my garden, which is HEAVEN to me.

Me too, I love my gardens, small as they may be. I bet it is easier to be outside in Southern Cal at this point than in NJ -- blizzard coming in and I hate :smow:
So glad you decided to delurk!

ReneeB
03-13-2017, 08:36 AM
Oh what fun and I'm so late with this. I'm from Johannesburg South Africa, have been scrapping since 2006 and my birthday is in the Eleventh month of the year.

physioscrapper
03-13-2017, 11:15 PM
There is now 11 in our family (my DH & I + one son & 4 + one son & 3)
My oldest and first granddaughter has just turned 7.
and I have another granddaughter who was born in 2011!

{Whew! Thank goodness for grandkids! lol)

jang123
03-14-2017, 12:04 AM
About the only connection I have to the number 11 is to say that if I added a finger and a toe I would have 11 on my hands and feet. And I would also be trying to keep all of them out of the snows we have received this March in Wisconsin.

VickiStegall
03-14-2017, 04:17 PM
About the only connection I have to the number 11 is to say that if I added a finger and a toe I would have 11 on my hands and feet. And I would also be trying to keep all of them out of the snows we have received this March in Wisconsin.

lol well, I hope you keep all fingers and toes out of the snow!

janedee
03-14-2017, 04:45 PM
I'm late to the party for this one!

When I was eleven, Canada turned 100 and we decided to emigrate there from the UK.

Key Lime Digi Design
03-14-2017, 06:49 PM
No connections to eleven, except that at age eleven my daughter was a holy terror-bad attitude, "I hate you" "You are RUINING my life" etc. Up to then, a pure angel...right after 11, back to being a laid back normal human being. Hormones.

Secima
03-15-2017, 05:33 AM
I have no idea with connection eleven but when I started thinking about the time was 11:11 and the temperature 11 oC. By the way there is a Hungarian word eleven, what means live, lively.

faerywings
03-15-2017, 06:51 AM
No connections to eleven, except that at age eleven my daughter was a holy terror-bad attitude, "I hate you" "You are RUINING my life" etc. Up to then, a pure angel...right after 11, back to being a laid back normal human being. Hormones.
bwuahahah!!! Mine was like that from 7-9th grades. Now she is my BFF :love:

mediterranka
03-15-2017, 11:01 AM
It was cool to read the facts about you all. So I would like to join too :)
My brother has his birthday on 11. July.
I wrote my first story, when I was ELEVEN.
My favorite number is SEVEN.

Fairy White
03-15-2017, 01:16 PM
So many interesting stories here....
So... Hi, from the faraway Republic of Georgia! )) My name's Helen. )))

And there's almost nothing in my life that is connected to ELEVEN.
Well, I even don't like odd numbers, I prefer EVEN ones. )) ELEVEN is SEVEN + four. "Seven" is a number I'm pretty much indifferent to. I like "four" much more. ))

My sister-in-law was born in November - and it's the ELEVENth month. It's my husband's sister, not my brother's wife. )) In my native language (which is Russian) these two sisters-in-law are called differently - the husband's sister is "zolovka" and the brother's wife is "nevestka" ))

In Russian ELEVEN is "odinnadtsat'". It means "one over/upon ten" ))

HEAVEN for me is having no health problems and when all my nearest and dearest are well and healthy.

My husband and I have got so much in common, even most of out drawbacks are the same, and sometimes people say - "these two are of the same LEAVEN".

We got married on the 29th of September 2012 and the 29th of September is also my father-in-law's birthday. On our wedding day he was 66 which is 11x6 )))

O Birthday Fairy
03-15-2017, 01:20 PM
Oh I can see some new members here. Welcome to you !!!!

petey111
03-15-2017, 05:33 PM
Oh!! I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday. I have a lot to catch up on!! :-)

veer
03-15-2017, 06:30 PM
Welcome Helen !

nancyr
03-17-2017, 07:16 PM
I am very late - loved reading all the elevens. My youngest son was born on the 11th and it messed up everything for my DH because my birthday, my son's birthday, his mother's birthday are all on the 13th so all he had to remember was birthdays. Nov the 11th month is also important to our family as my son was born in Nov, he is a Marine so celebrates the Marines birthday in Nov and of course as he is a Veteran so Veteran's Day is also Nov.

O Birthday Fairy
03-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Nancy, thank you so much for stopping in and catching up on all the elevens!! Check out your inbox!

scrapinmom
03-19-2017, 08:17 PM
This has been so much fun to read!!!