Let’s get to know Veronica better!
1. How & when did you get into digital scrapbooking?
I started designing in 2006. I started creating freebies to share in groups and was encouraged by friends to try it professionally. I figured I’d give it a try and see how it worked out. I never thought I would come so far.
2. If you could be any character in fiction whom would you be?
I would be the Jackie Collins’ Character Lucky Santangelo from Lady Boss.
3, What famous location would you like to visit?
Paris, France. Cliche I know but I really want to go.
4. What’s inside you refrigerator?
Condiments. Lots of condiments. A gallon of water, a partially eaten roast chicken and some bacon and eggs. Who wants breakfast?
5. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not, living or dead with whom would it be?
A hot guy. I’d love to know what it’s like on the other side.
6. What is your biggest idiosyncrasy?
I’m one of those weird people who like to eat paper. I’ve done it as long as I can I remember. It used to drive my mom crazy.
7. What makes you giggle?
Random Facebook posts
8. What is your favorite kit or product you’ve designed?
A Gentleman’s Journey. It’s a knock out if I must say so myself.
9. PC or Mac? What program do you use to design?
Both. I’m a hard core PC girl slowly making the transition to Mac. I’m hoping to be PC free by the end of the year. Although I’m doubtful that will happen. I installed windows on my Mac for those programs I just can’t give up.
10. Where do you get your inspiration when designing a digital product?
Right out of my big brain, perhaps from God or my hidden muse. I have no idea where my inspiration comes from but when it comes I embrace it and let it run it’s course. Creativity is like a good a book. When you are done one project you can’t wait to start the next one.
11. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Crazy, Sexy, Cool oh wait wasn’t the name of a TLC album. Oh well it still fits so I’ll go with that.
12. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?
- All the ad space I could ever want!
- Infinite knowledge of HTML5, php and css
- A husband
13. What is your favorite part of being involved in the digiscrap community?
Being able to express my creativity every day and have it be appreciated by so many.
14. If you had to live on either the North Pole or the South Pole…which would you choose?
You are speaking to the geographically challenged. I don’t know much about either so if I had to choose one I’d pick the North Pole.
Why? Because Santa lives there lol
15. When you are not designing what are you up to?
Photography, that’s my new thing. Or web design, although I guess that’s designing as well. Or maintaining my newest project Wedding Album Cafe.
16. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
Lol these questions are cracking me up. I would say myself but I tried acting once and I was like a deer in headlights. I don’t know anyone but Angelina Jolie I guess I’ve had more than I can stand of her. Or Kirsten Stewart talk about annoying. How about Queen Latifah? She’s awesome.
17. What is your favorite color and why?
Wow I’m not sure I have a favorite color anymore. But if we are talking in terms of kit design I would have to say I love to create in earth tones.
18. What is your favorite thing to design?
Papers. I love ’em. I wish I could make papers only but that wouldn’t make for a very well rounded kit. I also enjoy creating items for CU. It’s very relaxing.
What is your least favorite thing to design?
I would have to say elements. Though I don’t dislike designing them sometimes it’s a struggle to come up with ideas for a theme.
19. How would you describe your style?
My style ranges from vintage elegance to urban grunge. These styles are where I excell although from time to time to challenge my creativity I like to delve into other styles.
Now describe it to a 5-year-old.
Lol I don’t know these 5 year olds are getting wiser and wiser all the time. But basically i make stuff your grandmom might like.
20. Sweet or salty?
That’s a toss up, it could go either way. But I think most of the time I pick salty over sweet although I love both.
Wine or chocolate?
Chocolate please. But again I do enjoy both.
Beach or ski vacation?
Here I’d have to say neither. I don’t do extremes. I don’t like the heat or the cold. But I guess I’d take the beach over skiing as I do love the ocean (but not the sand) and I don’t know how to ski. If we are picking and choosing give me Vegas or the Big Apple!
Coffee or tea?
There was a time when i’d pick tea but lately i’ve been drinking coffee. Guess i’m finally grown up.
21. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
I am a super hero in my own mind anyway. and my super power is perserverance!
22. What is the primary source of your inspiration? Where do you go, or what do you do, to rejuvenate?
When I need to de-stress I like to pop in a movie and have a bowl of my favorite dessert jello and cream cheese with whipped cream. I’ll lie in bed and watch 2 or 3 movies if I don’t fall asleep first.
23. What do you see as the future of digital scrapbooking?
I’m sure they will find a way to incorporate it into a DIY or reality show. Or at least I hope so.
24. How did you find your way to Oscraps?
Hmm not sure I remember. I just know I’ve been coming here to browse or shop for a long time.
OK, time for a CHANCE TO WIN!
Veronica told us that her favorite kit is A Gentleman’s Journey. She’s right, it is a knockout…this is just one set of papers, and since there is an Eiffel Tower on one, it is my favorite and I MUST have it!