We have a new Guest Designer!
Let’s get to know…Valentina’s Creations.
1. How & when did you get into digital scrapbooking?
I started on 2008. I started as scrapper, but very soon I felt the need to design on my own.
So I opened my first personal shop and then arrived many invitations to sell also in other shops.
The first time I saw a digi scrap kit I didn’t know what scrapbooking was (here in Italy is pretty unknown) and it was a sort of shock for me. It changed all my life. I felt in love and I’m still in love, I will be for ever.
2. If you could be any character in fiction whom would you be?
Oh well, I really don’t know! Many! And nowadays Fantasy Movies and TV Series give us a lot of awesome characters! Bella from Twilight? (Wow, beautiful, and with a gorgeous boyfriend who never won’t be old); Alice in Wonderland? Maybe it’s too surreal, LOL! Anyway, If I could choose, surely I would choose a fantastic one, maybe able to fly! 😀
3, What famous location would you like to visit?
This is a cruel question. Because I really love travelling but my last journey was on 2009. We didn’t get the chance to repeat the extraordinary adventure, unfortunately. We went in London, my favorite city in the world. I can’t explain my surprise, my happiness. I was like a child in Wonderland. When I came back home I felt despair. Anyway, since I didn’t travel a lot, there are still millions places I would like to visit! I will try to make a list: New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Tokyo, Pechino, Dublin, Amsterdam… oh please, stop, I’m feeling desperately nostalgic. 😀
4. What’s inside you refrigerator?
It’s pretty empty right now. Lot of water, eggs, wine, salad, tomatoes.. cheese! I’m getting hungry 😀 (can we continue the interview later? ihihihihihi)
5. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not, living or dead with whom would it be?
Sincerely I don’t know. Being honest I never have desired to be someone else, being at their place or something like this. Maybe I would like to be myself, with less rebel hair, less Kilos, more money (LOL), and with a lovely cottage in the best mountain. Of course with hubby.
6. What is your biggest idiosyncrasy?
I don’t tolerate lies, people with hidden intents. People who wanna take advantages from your efforts. And I don’t tolerate people who think they’re allowed to judge others.
7. What makes you giggle?
It depends, but I’m sure I can’t avoid to follow my hubby when he starts giggling. He giggles and I immediately giggle too.
8. What is your favorite kit or product you’ve designed?
This is very hard to say. Even because I have many different styles and they’re all part of me. It happens that when I make a kit, I am never 100% satisfied. But If I look it after a while, I find it beautiful. One of the latest I made, “When I was Young”, I can’t take my eyes off of it.
9. PC or Mac? What program do you use to design?
PC. Photoshop, Illustrator.
10. Where do you get your inspiration when designing a digital product?
From everywhere and everything: a movie, a song, a single color or single object like a flower or something else.
11. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Generous, Passionate, True.
12. If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?
Becoming Mom. Buying Home. Travelling more.
13. What is your favorite part of being involved in the digiscrap community?
The love and affection from customers. There is no price for this.
14. If you had to live on either the North Pole or the South Pole … which would you choose? Why?
No way, i can’t choose neither, I’m italian, you know. 😀
15. When you are not designing what are you up to?
I design at full time, it’s my real job. So when I don’t work I deal with home matters: cooking, cleaning, staying with hubby, looking movies and TV series, listening to music, visiting parents.
16. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you?
17. What is your favorite color and why?
Violet. It’s elegant, nocturnal, deep and delicate at the same time.
18. What is your favorite thing to design? What is your least favorite thing to design?
I love making vintage kits, and… I really can’t say what it’s my least favorite thing I love making.
19. How would you describe your style? Now describe it to a 5-year-old.
My style is like a rainbow: full of different colors that together find their unique sense.
20. Sweet or salty? Wine or chocolate? Beach or ski vacation? Coffee or tea?
Salty, Wine, Beach, Coffee!!! :)))
21. If you could be a superhero, what would you want your superpowers to be?
Flying and being invisible. LOL
22. What is the primary source of your inspiration? Where do you go, or what do you do, to rejuvenate?
My family is my primary source of inspiration, for sure. And spending time with children is the best way to rejuvenate.
23. What do you see as the future of digital scrapbooking?
Oh I really don’t know, it will be influenced by the new improvements on technologies and graphic softwares, and printing systems as well. So I guess it will grow.
24. How did you find your way to Oscraps?
Oscraps is one my best goals. You know, when you strongly desire to reach a goal, and it’s quite difficult to believe you’re finally so closer. I’m guest right now and it’s already a big dream, I really cannot imagine my happiness in the case Vicki will offer me also a permanent spot. We’ll see, anyway, thanks to Oscraps for existing.
Now for a look at some of Valentina’s kits…